Map thread

Map thread

Other urls found in this thread:

watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Source? Looks like from some indie game.

Does anybody have a specific dungeon map I'm looking for? It wasn't very large, just a handful of rooms. I think it was fey-themed, maybe? It had impossibly connected rooms, one of which had floating stone fish stuck in the air, unless you were planeshifted, in which case they were swimming in a room full of water. I had gotten from Veeky Forums years ago, but now I can't find it.

This is my first attempt at doing a Galactic Political map for a campaign I'm running. Would appreciate feedback

What kind of feedback are you looking for? I can throw things out there but I don't know how much that would help.

Con Trib U Ten

Does anyone have a map of an extremely large city that is on both banks of a river but has no words anywhere on the map aside from maybe a name? Like this but far larger?

ehh this?

That's a very nice map, but it's the opposite of what I wanted. Great detail, but I need something with no labels whatsoever (or at least some really simple ones that I can edit out). Still gonna save that one though.

Made this one not long ago

This looks software made. What's the source?

wish I could draw

one of my own maps kinda fits that bill

I feel like I've seen this map on reddit.

>Half the goddamn world is flooded

>Florida is NOT

what is this madness

This one maybe?

How do you guys make maps?

More like these? Hand drawn isometric town maps are my favorite.

Read the text and you'll find out.

Man, they really covered everything on this one.

>Marienburg
>Doesn't represent actual Marienburg

It's from Warhammer fantasy.

I can't make wishes come true but I can give you my commission info.

Thatsthejoke.jpg

And better joke - due to WW2 the only thing left from one of the most impressive gothic Old Towns on this fucking planet is the castle. Entire city went to shit. And it's a miracle the castle survived that too, since they were even fighting using it.
Read it again. For almost two months Germans and Russians using WW2 gear, in fucking winter, were fighting over a fucking brick gothic castle, in the process destroying everything around said castle.
Nowdays there is literally nothing around it to not destroy the scenery and then just commie blocks.
Metal

moar

This makes no fucking sense.
>why do you have a well if you have a goddamn fountain
>why is there a fountain in a "village"
>this village is actually a rather sizable town
>mills don't work like that
>medieval village with a goddamn clock tower
And so on and so forth. Why do people spend so much time on polishing turds?

How did you make this one?

>Medieval township designed by an American
>Surprised it makes no sense
user...

It just hurts seeing people putting a lot of work without putting any thought into things.
Like, bridges. Bridges everywhere. Fuck bridges. You know how many bridges London had up to XVII century? One. One of the biggest motherfucking cities in the world.
Paris with its Ile de la Cite and narrow Seine? Five.

I'm mad.

Go back to /qst/ you fucking larpers.

Don't forget the very neat farm, all boxed off and enclosed.

Enclosure didn't happen until the 18th century.

Plus the mix-match of architectural styles.

Actually I don't think this is medieval at all Plus people seem to be wearing waistcoasts.

I'd place this as an early modern period.

Are you as mad as her?

Plus there is just one bridge on that "map". What really irks me is the size of those farms compared to everything else. And having apparently well-cobbled townsquare and literally nothing else. How's that even suppose to work?

The fuck it even has to do with larp and /qst/ you stupid cunt?

Oh look at the silly erper. We're one post away from you trying to pretend that you're working on a setting or trying to flesh things out and we've got a quest on our hands.

Fuck.

Off.

This shit isn't Veeky Forums.

>Enclosure didn't happen until the 18th century.
Hi, Anglo
Bye, Anglo

Yes, exactly that.
And my rant about bridges was about all the other town maps. Every single, tiny island with a bridge. Have those people ever heard about goddamn ferries?

>Map thread
>Complains about quests and larp

Or fords.

But one of the reasons why London only had one bridge for centuries is that the Thames is very wide at London. You have to go up to Richmond before you find it approaching a more reasonable length (and lo and behold, there's a bridge there).

Like pointed out, numerous bridges don't mean bad design or being bad with maps. It might as well mean suitable conditions. Take Danzig. Had a FUCKLOAD of bridges and still has, because due to how Vistula delta goes and how it was all canalled, the city had 20+ bridges, but only few of them longer than 6 meters and requiring any spans - just a simple, but wide catwalks from one side to another.

verrry nice. I love the coloring actually on this as well. Very wet and swampy feel

Speaking of bridges...

Personally I like the fact the whole thing makes sense as some archipelago close to a tectonic ridge and being far North/South, but close to a warm current

Best i can contribute is some old OC.

took me a minute. I was getting pissy and defensive too. 10/10.

you can

I think it was just designed to look good, rather than with actual town design or historical accuracy in mind. It's probably also making some sacrifices for the style of art and the angle - notice that none of the buildings seem particularly close together, so that way you can see all of them real clearly, and how it seems to have been designed around that clock tower instead of growing up organically.

I'd still recommend it just because it looks nice, and you could probably make all its inaccuracies work in a fantasy game. And because it's layout is incorrect, that means a little variety.

Jesus fuck, calm your tits. It's a fucking fantasy map. Stop being such an anal, douchebag. Your OCD makes me cringe

Wrong one.

Does anyone have a map of Wyrd World? Been looking for the last 30 minutes but can't find one and yes I already used Google.

Cool, but not quite.

A bit smaller than I was thinking, but thank you anyway.

That's still useful. I'm putting together a Western marches setting centered around a large river. Some of these medium-large cities will be great for areas further up the river, but I need an absolutely colossal city to put on the far eastern side as a starting zone.

What the fuck is Wyrd World? Why do I keep seeing it pop up? What autist is pushing this?

You know what my biggest gripe about rpg maps is? I have never seen a harbour that looked semi-decent.
Wargame aside, tabletop sucks for sea lovers.

So what did they use to draw this?

what mapping software is this?

ms paint

pretty good, right?

You're the best, Chad

Dutch cities had a lot of bridges. Amsterdam had more then 10 in the 16th century.

>tfw pole shift happens your home is high and dry while commiefornia, Jew York, and Detroit are underwater

Took me a second to realize what that map was 10/10

6 bridges in XVII century.

True. They never actually consider how water flows.

Bridges over canals are cheating.

I hope your players will keep asking you "well, so where do the kobolds shit?"

>I hope your players will keep asking you "well, so where do the kobolds shit?"

What do you think you've been walking through this entire time?

Sounds like a cool campaign set up. Maybe I'll do the same thing for my west marches game (well, semi-west-marches).

source?

source: me.
Actually, campaign cartographer's city designer

that shit ain't free nigga

No it's not free. It's a good deal though.
Best I can give you is this: watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator

Love ya brah

If you could put in the galactic arms, that would be nice. Just outlines of the arms, really, not much else.

you could add some galactic details in, so that people can easily see that it's a map of the galaxy
Now it could be anything at a glance
Add stars, the galactic arms, that kind of stuff

Not him, but aren't the white lines radiating out from the center the galactic arms?

Thought that already, but it's not really enough, some extra detail would go a long way

underrated
>>There is no try...

Do Americans not have topographical maps of their whole territory?

Turks are Orcs. It all makes sense now.

Man this is great.
Last time I checked there wasn't an option for removing walls and castles or for adding a coast and shanty-towns. It made it so much better.
It would be 100% perfect if each type of building/neighborhood had its own color.

>>Enclosure didn't happen until the 18th century.
1235. Statute of Merton.
If you're going to make a point of historical accuracy, it's not like it just happened once 1700 struck. And all over the world, for that matter.

Medieval village-like object

fekkin morans