MTG EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Fuck You And Fuck Your Combos Edition

Last time on /edhg/:

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's the spiciest piece of hate you've managed to nail someone with and just shut them down? Alternatively, what's the spiciest hate you yourself have ever been hit with?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Discussion.aspx?multiverseid=1488
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw it posted before I could get the last thread on there
Always got to fuck something up.

Last thread:

You also fucked up the Pasta, user.

>What's the spiciest piece of hate you've managed to nail someone with and just shut them down? Alternatively, what's the spiciest hate you yourself have ever been hit with?
what? you want to remove that divinity counter
not on my watch

Oh, silly me, I'll remember the Discord link next time. :^)

>Sakashima's Student
>Creature — Human Ninja
>Sakashima
>Creature — Human Rogue

Pray tell, how did a run of the mill rogue teach his student ninjutsu?

I want to draw attention to the best commander card since Sol Ring.

This card is so amazing, I've added it to every deck. Every time I think I've understood just how great it is, it blows my mind by doing something even better

tfw first time using arjun as a commander I get hit with this

I forgot I had that card.
Time to toss it in the giant fucking pile of "Shit to put in my new deck."

sell me on this 3 mana do nothing card

Is it a well known fact that B, U, and R are colors for gay degenerate people like someone in the last thread said?

My main EDH deck and modern deck is Grixis...

add green and be a lean mean cascading machine

It's not bad, especially if you have down a creature that you can abuse strong ETB effects for just two mana

gonna use it for slobad. gonna include cards that let me steal so i can try to take other peoples artifacts to combo out.

>ETB effects
read the fucking card
you absolute retard

>opponent plays eldrazi titan
>forgot I had a mirror, I copy it and swing at him for annihilator 4, he loses the game

>opponent has Leyline of Anticipation/Orrery
>For 2 mana, so do you, when you need it!

>there's a mana reflection/doubling season'
>so do you, if the mana reflection was yours, you now have TWO

>activate Mirage Mirror an extra time with trigger on stack
>first trigger copies mana reflection, while other trigger is on stack, tap all lands for double mana
>second trigger resolves, it's now a copy of your biggest threat

>activate it half a dozen times on stack, alternating targets between the black players cabal coffers and your basalt monolith, tapping it for 15 black mana and untapping it for 3 each time, last trigger turning it into the biggest threat on the table, then winning of your crazy mana

>opp has big beatstick
>can't attack you because you can just block with the exact same creature

>casually copy your Dark Depths EOT

>you now have TWO doubling cubes!

It has no synergy with ETB effects.

kys idiot I was joking

user, that's not how ETB effects work.

Mirage Mirror is great when you want to clone something for a turn.

>pretending to be retarded
i thought we agreed we werent going to be doing this anymore

>No, ninjutsu is much deeper and complicated than baka gaijin thieves!

>thread question
I dont actually play magic anymore, I just make edh decks and shitpost on /edhg/

It does so much more too

>opp has Asceticism, Eldrazi Monument, Darksteel Forge or Privileged Position in play
>someone tries to fuck with you/boardwipe
>copy it and save your board

>opponent growing sick of your Mirage Mirror forcing him to keep his best cards in hand, tries to remove it
>turns into a land, your artifact removal has an illegal target, fucker

>cyclonic rift says nonland too

>opp tries to steal your legendary permanent, sacrifice it for 2 mana!

It does fucking everything. It's the best permanent on the table at all times, and sometimes it's even multiple of them at once.

Alright, so from what I can tell, there are no good mana filters outside of Gemstone Array.

Anyway, has anyone played Upwelling? Does it backfire always? I want to run Gelatinous Genesis, but symmetrical effects terrify me, even if I stack my deck.

Goddamn. Not the user you originally replied to, but you sure sold me, it sounds spicy enough to work. Especially the Cabal Coffers/Monolith combo, holy shit that's great.

Seriously, give me your deck, I'll tell you where and how it's broken. And that's just counting your own board, it gives you access to everything your opponents tries to use against you.

Watch your opponent die to your Mirage Mirror's Vicious Shadows triggers when he sacrifices creatures.
Yesterday a friend tried to win off a Bloodchief Ascension, but I had one too. (Yes, I copied it before every end step trigger) so he couldn't.

I'm not saying it should go into cEDH decks, but in any commander meta that isn't just a snapshot of the EDH tier 1 list benefits from running the card. Hell, I'd argue that some cEDH decks would even find it worth running it, like Brago

It backfires against control decks. It allows them to never waste mana.

>tap all of your mana for two turns in a row when you have nothing to do
>third turn have 30 mana in your mana pool at the beginning of your turn and combo someone to death

Sounds like a bad card to give your opponent that ability too. Just use Omnath so it's limited to you

Oh it's a big time backfire, unless you ramp it up turn 2 at the latest
>giving everyone better Kruphix
You just enabled every deck to combo out like they're cEDH tier

Yeah, I've had crazy shenanigans happen with that card. I can also often deflect hate away from it by pointing out that removing the thing I'm copying is just as good. But they've started to wisen up after multiple activation shenanigans.

I've also had fun scenarios where an opponent tries to play stuff like Notion Thief and lock out other players, only to have me copy his Notion Thief and shut him down.

Oh, and that one time I copied a Necropotence, drew a bunch of cards, then resumed as normal.

Or when someone tried to do an infinite damage to all players combo with a Glacial Chasm in play, I turned my mirror into his Chasm, saving myself. I continued to copy his chasm every time he tried to hurt me for as long as the chasm was in play, and I didn't even have to pay the upkeep trigger, nor did I have the drawback of controlling it on my turn.

It might be my new favorite magic card.

Why the fuck is Doubling Season so much?
Is Anointed Procession and Parallel Lives enough for a casual token deck?

Because half the planeswalkers in the game can ultimate immediately if you drop them with Doubling Season on the table. Bant Tamiyo gets you an uninteractable Omniscience for your troubles.

Yes, those two should be enough to get you through. Bring Rhys the Redeemed and Second Harvest for more exponential shenanigans.

Doubling Season also increases the loyalty of your planeswalkers

I play Dimir. The whole deck focuses on fucking people with Mill, reanimating their creatures, and making sure nothing survives long enough to be a problem. My favorite play? Casting other peoples high cmc cards for free. Much better against tuned decks than casual decks because it plays to the strength of the group.

Don't forget.
Run Mirage Mirror, it's a copy of your token doublers too!

The best thing about Mirage Mirror is it gives me a 4th way to get out Marit Lage in Blaxos.

Ah, right, Planeswalkers. I forgot about those shits. Still, a year ago it was under $30. I don't get why the price doubled. Pls no jokes.

I have like $100 in store credit at the LGS since they seldom have any singles I want in stock, but I do know they have a Parallel Lives and Doubling Season. I'll check for a Rhys, but he's like $25 or so too. Need an Aura Shards as well.

Not having any green staples is kind of a pain in the ass.

Yeah, I'm considering it as well. Shame Panharmonicon doesn't work on enchantment triggers, too.

Green is for retarded timmys and trannies who like elves that why the price doubled

Rhys the Redeemed is definitely the way to go if you're doing GW tokens. If you want a third color you have Ghave for Abzan, Marath for Naya, though they've both got that combo potential that gets you focused, and probably Sidar+Ishai/Kydele/Thrasios for Bant.

>green is for timmies and trannies
>RUB is for degenerates
Does this mean that Mono-White is the most enlightened commander?

Im a gay leaning bi and my favorite color combos are izzet,
azorius, jeskai, and rakdos

>white
>green

Take the grixis pill.

I'm doing Mirri with a token focus.
I have a thing for cats. And tokens.

I did Breya with a token/thopter theme as well.

For some reason flooding the board with a ton of bullshit just tickles my autism in the right ways.

Lord Byron is grixis?

Byronic heroes are certainly black, not white or green, with the possibility of red or blue support. Toshiro's an example.

>Intellectual
>Moody, emotional
>libertine

I'd hazard so.

As a straight guy, I play whatever I want because I don't let precognitive misconceptions and perceptions of deck color combos stop me from enjoying magic.

I was thinking of lord Alfred Tennyson, I have a collection of his poems I read one time and it was all hippy "bro check out these autumn leaves" stuff

I like Epser decks, am I gay? How gay on the Kinsey scale is that?

Tennyson would be Wx. Maybe Abzan.

user every color on the pie can be twisted in some way to make it gay as fuck, the only legit gay sissy color combination is WG

>W/G
>Not White Red

Fair enough. Oh well. I just wanted to use Radha, Neheb and Saskia, ya know? Omny only does green and Kruph isn't in my colors.

But yeah, fuck Upwelling. My playgroup has way stronger outs to the mana than me, so it would be bad. Alright, I need to stop talking about this deck and get a list brewing.

They didn't just remove it in response?

every tranny and sissy bottom ive talked to whos played magic favored those colors, that cat deck was especially popular with them too

Maybe it's just my personal experience then. A friend of mine had a sissy friend who would play the same white red deck. They were the sissiest sissy I ever encountered.

what grixis commander doesn't get me hated off the table before the game starts?

>that cat deck was especially popular with them too

Fuck you I like cats and girl clothes that's not a connection

I've also noticed boros being very popular, or just mardu in general.

Angels and Demons

Mishra, Crosis, Gwendolyn Di Corsi.

No way, red is definitely the gayest and sissiest color

I dunno man, my gay friends really fucking like blue. My retard friend like red though.

What colour is Milton? How about Dante?

>Does this mean that Mono-White is the most enlightened commander?
It's white only, what do you think?

blue is the faggiest color, there's a difference

This is cultural appropriation and the diminishing of people's lived experiences. I am literally shaking at how brazenly offensive you can be without even noticing it. You seriously need to check your privilege.

>look it up on gatherer
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Discussion.aspx?multiverseid=1488
>1488
What did wotc mean by this?

Milton was a strong proponent of free speech, an intellectual, but actively worked with the government of the time. Jeskai.

Everything I can think of on Dante just paints him as red. Iconoclastic, biting wit, a little spiteful.

Google the artist.

Void Winnower is cool. So is It That Betrays.

But the real question is do you like to have things in your boy pussy?

>snow covered lands are $2.50 each

I'm a transgendered degenerate myself and my favorite color pair is W/B.

Last time I played EDH someone dropped a Possibility Storm, the first creature I landed on was Void Winnower.

Nobody managed to resolve a relevant spell for the rest of the game

>green is for timmies and trannies

Green is the color least approving of transexuality.

>Just got 23 Coldsnap Snow-Covered Mountains for $30

Good times.

>elf decks

>mfw someone saved my shitty 3-panel

I've never been more proud

It can be grabbed by Grozoth in monoblue.

Yup. In case you wanted to do that. I do that nonsense in Jalira. No, it isn't a good deck.

Idk man homolust just strikes me as a super red phenomena. Like those barbarians from the oglaf comics

Pic related

>Revised Wheel of Fortune is climbing to $100

Fuckin' A. Glad I bought a couple for $15 when I first started playing this format.

I mean from a philosophical standpoint.

I have one. But just the one. This blows.

I'm actually considering the "proxy because I have it in the other deck" thing for the first time ever. Which I always hated. Fucking hundred dollar card. If it wasn't critical for my monored deck to draw cards, I'll sell it right now.

That would explain the only confirmed tranny being Mardu.

Does UG hate trannies? But they always seem to want to stick new parts on people.

I do that with Mana Crypt and Gauntlet of Might, I wouldn't worry. Most players are fine with it

Need a good wincon for an esper control deck. We don't allow infinite combos so those are out. I used to use Debt to the Deathless but it sometimes takes too long to get enough mana. Or, on the other hand, I'm not getting my tutors or wincons in hand and just hanging on by wiping the board repeatedly and countering where I can.

Blightsteel Colossus seems to work but is too slow or I need to use Hall of the Bandit Lord, cast him, make sure I have counters to keep him safe, etc.

Seems like a normal guy to me.

I rip any proxy that I see and carry my flashlight to do tests on any probable proxy

Stop supporting Chinaman

Who is the commander

Triplets or Oloro

Psst, user, you want some secret tech? Bet you nobody even remembers this when you whip it out, complete blindside.

I will buy $300 worth of proxies tonight just to fuck you up

Stop supporting the RL

That's something where those two colors sharply conflict. Green believes in destiny and that everyone was made the way they were for a reason. Blue believes people and the world don't have an inherent purpose, so you're free to do whatever you want with the materials you have at hand, and that those materials were more or less arbitrarily assigned.

If a Blue mage were to change sexes, other Blue mages wouldn't even blink.

It would literally be a basic land with the words Wheel of Fortune (see other deck) sharpies on it.

Where do you play? We should play together IRL

I think I'm good with just my Skred, Scrying Sheets, and Coldsteel Heart.

Simic sorcerers only ever add functions, they never take them away. Out of all the guilds, Simic is the most likely to have futas.

UG would seek to learn about the process (surgeries and hormones) and refine it to make extremely specialized soldiers/mercenaries to make money to make more science and protect themselves from idiots who can't into the eventual techno-organic singularity. They would hate trannies for just limiting themselves to another gender instead of becoming hulked out monstrosities with only one specific purpose in mind.

If anyone has an issue with it, you can simply just un-sleeve it from another deck and re-sleeve it for the current one. You take your sweet goddamn time, making eye contact with the sperg who bitches about proxies in a goddamn kitchen table casual ass format.

What would be a good halloween themed deck? Christmas Deck?

>never had a relationship
>completely oblivious to the few girls that were interested in me
>been rejected by few girls I chased
>into sissy/trap stuff

what color am I

That's why Jace gets a pussy in Return to Dominaria.