Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Guardfag's anger echoes through the ages edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/27/regiment-focus-vostroyan-sep27gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

3rd for Tzeentch.

second for guard are the new tau

2nd for adeptus mechanicus

3nd for McDonalds

2nd for custodes

my dudes > your dudes

Nth for Vostroya

Reposting for more input and ideas:
What are some good ideas for a name I could give my Thousand Sons thrallband? I'm giving my exalted sorcerers and stuff more bird themed accessories, possibly going to use a decent amount of Tzaangors and all that too so overall quite bird based. Also using the general color scheme.
Also, Corvidae or Athanaeans?They both worked together for things like strategy and such, not sure which I should look for light inspiration from, if any. If it helps, I thought those Order of the Blind transfers were cool and slapped them onto my exalted when I was painting him up.

This needs restating,

Correct get and also dubs.

Confirmed.

Rekt faggots.

Failures

No it doesn't, it's autism.

it really didn't. It's as much drivel as the autist's meltdown, leave it all in the last thread

I was going to do new but I see you already took care about it.
Very good general

I'll spit in ya burger.

Fuck Guard players.

Primarch lore is the very definition of autism.

If you open a dictionary and flip to "Autism", you'll see this picture.

R8 or Fell8

++ Recon Regiment ++

+ HQ +

Tank Command Exterminator: 3x Heavy Bolters

+ Fast Attack +

Scout Sentinels
Scout Sentinel: Autocannon
Scout Sentinel: Autocannon

2x
Scout Sentinels
Scout Sentinel: Multi-laser
Scout Sentinel: Multi-laser

++ Armored Regiment ++

+ HQ +

Tank Command Punisher: 3xHeavy Bolters

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Squad
Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter
Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Executioner: Lascannon, Plasma Cannons

Leman Russ Executioner: Lascannon, Plasma Cannons

++ Stormtrooper Regiment ++

+ HQ +

Tempestor Prime: Rod, Power Fist
Lord Commissar: Plasma Pistol, Power Sword

+ Elite +

Tempestus Command Squad: 3x Plasma Guns, Vox Caster

+ Troops +

4x
Tempestus Scions: 2x Hotshot Volley Guns, 2x Hotshot lasguns, Sgt with Laspistol and Chainsword

+ Transports +

2x
Taurox Prime: Missiles or Gatling cannon and Volley guns

Its around 2000pts depending on what the codex changes

Holy shit saved lol

FUCK YOU HORUS FUCK YOU.
BLACK LEGION ARE THE BEST AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FAILED HERESY, YOUR BALD HEAD AND HAVING THE WHOLE GALAXY WITHIN YOUR GRASP AND LETTING IT SLIP
FUCK YOU
THE BLACK LEGION ARE THE TRUE ENEMIES OF THE IMPERIUM, BUT YOU AND THE OTHER CHAOS PRIMARCH FAGS TSKE ALL THE CREDDIT. FUCK YOU. WE GET THIRTEEN BLACK CRUSADES AND ALL YOU DO IS FAIL ONE, FICK YOU
FUCK YOU
WE LOST THUNDER HAMMERS, SCOUTS, LAND RAIDER VARIANTS, SNIPER RIFLES AND STORM SHIELDS AND WHAT DID YOU ALL GET, SWEET 30K RULES AND MODELS, BUT YOU ALL AREN'T BEGGING GW TO NERF YOUR ASS OR BRING YOU TO 8TH EDITION.
FUCK YOU
I HATE YOU, DAD

How much do you wanna bet that at this rate, the guard aren't even gonna be the most OP codex?

It seems that each codex is just getting more insane than the one previous.

Ahh fugg, cropped it a bit.

Oh well.

[bird] of the [warp]
Talons of the Abyss, for example.
Or Ravens of the Void.

Corax Maelstrus
Sors Raptora

The Empty Sons

I agree. That doesn't mean that post sperging about said autism wasn't also autism.

Okay cool got the fix'd version.

Good work user.

>Balanced
>Over Tau
>Commander spam, infantry, hammerheads and a huge pile of underpowered crap, the faction.

Reminder playtesters already stated of all 10 Codexes they've worked on this year, Tyranids are the most insane

i dont get this, i used to work at mcdonalds in hichschool, and they wear red shirts. they still do i believe 10 years later

lol

>Guard
>Take literally anything you want and it will wipe Tau: the faction

Codex Eldar
Trait, double the soulburst actions

Tyranids
Halve the cost of all troops

Tau
4 command points for army wide BS 2+ this phase

Ork
Halve the shots of all weapons

google Ronald mcDonald

not true

>Mortarion leaving a visible fart cloud in his wake
>is somehow a ninja primarch in the 30k books who can sneak around like Corax or Curze

Commander spam was only scary until they started giving everyone Stratagems that act like EWO

Now the fusionfag comes down and gets instantly blown off the table by like plasma kataphrons or hellblasters.

Well sure, the internal balance is shot to shit and you have a bunch of overpowered and a bunch of underpowered units with almost no middle ground.

But I mean, if you take even amounts of over and underpowered stuff it kinda evens out, right?

I play Eldar and even I know that's wrong

Are flamers just bad in 8th? It seems like they aren't even optimal for anti horde anymore

>2 command points to shoot one commander

Ooh, scary.

>Tyranids
>Halve the cost of all troops
No, they just come back for free if you spend command points

Tau and Eldar are just as big a faggot faction as guard, desu.

>Guard is balanced right now, STOP IT. I SAID STOP IT

>Space Marines balanced

>Special weapons out the ass with veterans and sternguard and rerolls

>Smite up the ass with the cheapest HQ you can get a ton of

>Dreadnought spam out the ass now with optional Dreadnought chaplain HQ

>Rerolls up the ass with crazy auras and bonuses

Proserpina for sale

So Ive been living underrock in a cave for a while dark eldar in 8th whats the consensus? havent had an army for quite a while, thinking of making one of space rape elves with some clown or calmer elves thrown in, any ideas?

Why would Orks shoot less?

>So Ive been living underrock in a cave for a while dark eldar in 8th whats the consensus?
bretty good, not too broken but certianly not overpowered.
>havent had an army for quite a while, thinking of making one of space rape elves with some clown or calmer elves thrown in, any ideas?
Careful with that, mixing the elves is a WAACfag trick.

What's wrong with dreadnought spam? I've been running a Dreadnought list since 8th started and I've lost about a quarter of my games.

None of these really mean anything, they're still getting facefucked by index-only factions.

They are basically only good against being charged, but all they have to do is stand 8.1 inches away from you. Apparently your dudes can't be bothered to make them run through the fire.

That Admech pic looks sweet.
I will forever wish for a MASSIVE Magos kit with two full-size sprues of gun hands, arms, mechadendrites, five or six different bodies with 1-2 Archmagi Class, 2 Dominus class and 2 Enginseer/Alpha Primus class , insignia, melee weapons, armour plates, little servitor helpers, whatever. Sell it for more than a regular kit, like £55 or something probably, but just allow Admech players to go nuts with the conversions and awesome to match some of their sweet art and make their own non-monopose Magi with different guns. Not that we don't do that anyway, but some support would be nice.
Or a faction Upgrade/general parts sprue, but the former would serve as the latter anyway.

Would actually need GW to add some decent customisation to their AdMh HQs, though, and that would never happen now.

>>Smite up the ass with the cheapest HQ you can get a ton of
what? the libby is one of the more expensive if not the most expensive non-named marine HQ?

nice try buddy

Does anyone have eye of night or hand of darkness?

But I like clown elves.. Its just that i also like murder elves (and drukenly bought the start collecting thing)

Dreads aren't that good, compare what you get out of a Kastelan Robot for 110 points.

>worrying about smite spam

Literally why? It's rarely more than inconvenient.

It's not like mixing them is inherently wrong, I'm just warning you that if you aren't careful you'll be called a WAACfag

Can someone give me an answer to What makes forgeworld OP?

This.
>Aw jeez, every successful psychic test he kills ~two (2) of my bubble wrap! At this rate I'm- I'm...

I was thinking of taking Stygies fist robots and deep striking them in, then popping the double punch mode with a command point. How good do you think that would be?

Sauce

the extra bit of tank that their doors provide allow you to peek around corners , it's disgusting waac

Which one?

Mars because of Cawl and the double canticles.
Also their stratagem is great for spamming Mortal Wounds with beep boops.

Stygies is great because of -1 to hit and infiltrate.

Signals from the Frontline

I love you user

Don't forget the summon after disembarking with the forgeworld doors

Hitler
And badly written and bearly playtested rules.

Lol

Which podcast?

Tau will get their codex and have all their overpowered stratagems and markerlight powers.

Probably the first one to come out after GW announced the next 3 Codexes at NOVA. You'll have to go back a few.

>all they have to do is stand 8.1 inches away from you

That you can't flame the fuck out of some fag attempting to deep strike charge at you is idiotic. What the fuck were nuGW thinking making flamers auto-hit against flyers but near useless against anyone charging from outside spitting distance. For every good change 8th ed brought, there's always some asinine decision elsewhere to try and fix something that wasn't broken.

If I wanted to use the leaked rules what information is 100% known?
Is the Russ point reduction from FLG confirmed enough for me to use?
xpost

Wait, bears play test the game?

kys waacfag

What are some good place to look for bits? Trying to get some inspiration to start a new army with a fair amount of conversions. I found Kromlech which had some cool stuff.

T'au will never be overpowered again. They have too much stigma from all the hate previous editions, the playtesters don't like them, and GW has realized that OP shooty armies that outrange and blow their opponents off the board have little interaction which makes for unfun games which drives away new players.

Don't expect any army which got gutted in the Indexes to suddenly go back to being top tier. The same guys that wrote the Indexes are writing the Codexes.

If you got better between 7th and 8th indexes, you will continue to get better. If you got worse, you might get some small fixes but stay otherwise close to the same.

>That ship has long, long sailed, user. Primarchs are fucking DBZ characters that render everyone else irrelevant now. That's the way it is. There is no Imperial propaganda, just 100% truthful and accurate proclamations of fact.

>Primarchs were a mistake.

response still relevant.

I can see that only being really good if you go first.

Wait till it drops waacfag. Then you can pubstomp and kill the hobby for another edition.

Retoasting

The only info we have is that Russes went down 10 points and Heavy Weapon Teams went up 2 points.

I've play Guard since 7th ed.
Not a WAAC just excited to get good rules and some new things to play with.

Get out.

These guys aren't bad. Keep it up and clean up that plasma gun for the emperor's sake

Just be patient then.

Ah, but if I don't go first I can leave them in aegis mode and have a giant blob of "oh god kill it" right in the middle of enemy lines.

Plus the specific way the stratagem works is end of any phase, so I can have them shoot once before activating double punch. It's not much, but at least the points on that shoulder gun weren't utterly flushed away.

Drill your barrels, do your bases, and fill the join gap on the leaders cloak as well as the sloppy white trim. Otherwise, looking good.

Just wait till codex, friend. Sept-specific markerlight tables and some sensible fucking point costs will come.

Chapter approved can't come soon enough.

play a game against FW doors and come back, see how it goes

I fear this. Really being mid tier with strong internal balance would be enough.

It should be declare charge. Roll dice. Move that far, even if the charge fails. When you end your movement, overwatch is resolved. Maybe put a max charge distance like 12 inches so people aren't charging at stuff 3 feet away to essentially move twice. Charge from 9 inches into 10 flamers, get fucked.

How do you deal with hordes, especially guard, as a SM player. I feel like flamers are useless.

I have a devcent squad I can put Hbolters on, does that work?

>this thread

I actually need to find the rules for these FW doors cause at this point i am starting to believe they are just like a conspiracy.

yeah I used to use sternguard with heavy flamers and a LRR as a salamanderer.

Feelsbadman

gravflux levithan. The final solution to conscripts. Most of the rest of our anti-horde can't really compete against guard hordes