Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Freudian edition

>Warhammer Community news(Regiment Focus: Vostroya)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/27/regiment-focus-vostroyan-sep27gw-homepage-post-2/

Top five squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/27/regiment-focus-vostroyan-sep27gw-homepage-post-2/
games-workshop.com/de-AT/Stormcast-Eternals-Paladins-Protectors
puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=89
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>top 5 squigs
[Open]
That's the last time I sit back and let someone else make a shit general. Can't trust you.

What army should I get next? I like eldar, but I know I couldn't paint them well. I like orks, but I feel they are limited in play styles. I like guard, but I don't want to be a dick.

my dudes > your dudes

[childish shooty noises]

Currently on book 4 of the beast arises for background noise while I paint
Is it always going to be such a slog that's clearly designed to fit what could be a trilogy into 12 books?
Are there any books I should just skip and read a quick summary of?
It's a decent story and decently written but they really take their time getting to the good stuff

When will Forgefiends be made not shit? They've been awful since they were released.

Anyone got a pic of that divided Imperium Aquila that's been spotted on some of the tanks?
Split down the middle, clutching thunderbolts.

When you shut the fuck up and just use Daemonforge like everyone else.

>Repel the Enemy
>Until the end of the phase, the ordered unit can fire any of its weapons while it is within 1'' of the enemy, REGARDLESS OF THE WEAPON'S TYPE. If they do so, they must target enemy units within 1'', even if friendly units are within 1'' of these units.

RAW, doesn't this mean the ordered unit can use its Melee Weapons in the Shooting Phase?

>look mom I posted it again

To the other Minotaurs user, planning on doing pic related as an honor guard for moloc, but with spears and round shields. Haven't worked with sigmarines before, but shouldn't be terribly difficult.

>gets BTFO in the other thread
>reposts to ignore the responses

That looks pretty cool.

>I like guard but I don't wanna be a dick
user don't listen to memes, just don't bring tourney tier netlists
You should play armies that you enjoy looking at and painted, because I promise every army you look at will be high tier and low tier if you play for a few years

>Until the end of the phase, the ordered unit can fire any of its weapons while it is within 1'' of the enemy, REGARDLESS OF THE WEAPON'S TYPE. If they do so, they must target enemy units within 1'', even if friendly units are within 1'' of these units.
>the ordered unit can fire any of its weapons while it is within 1'' of the enemy, REGARDLESS OF THE WEAPON'S TYPE. If they do so, they must target enemy units within 1'', even if friendly units are within 1'' of these units.
>the ordered unit can fire any of its weapons while it is within 1'' of the enemy, REGARDLESS OF THE WEAPON'S TYPE.
>the ordered unit can fire any of its weapons while it is within 1'' of the enemy
>the ordered unit can fire any of its weapons
>the ordered unit can fire
>fire

Yeah, should be pretty easy to manage too - only actual converting seems to be swapping the weapon hand, and that's easy with GK Termie halberds.

I think the word “fire” implies a shooting weapon.

The real question is can they use repel the enemy and afix bayonets in the same turn?

>Repostan from previous thread

Alright ITT right now everyone pick your favorite:
>Chapter Tactic (Grey Knights are an option here)
>Legion Trait (Death Guard are an option here)
>Forgeworld Dogma
>Regimental Doctrine (of the 3 we've seen so far)

Choose based on not just power, but also how fluffy it is for that subfaction, and how mechanically interesting and fun it is.

But does summoning count as a shooting attack?

>REGARDLESS OF THE WEAPON'S TYPE.
Doesn't matter if they are melee.

Only after disembarking.

>Reminder that if you buy recasts you support communism

Yeah, cause its not like we have an order that lets us Fight in the Shooting Phase already.

Pretty sure a unit can only be affected by 1 order per turn.

Oh you.png

>reminder that if you buy FW you deny the holocaust

What is this cancer? This fanfiction shit, that even official fanfiction writers of GW wouldn't dare to bring upon the Eldar race?

So are we getting the last 4 doctrines on Friday? Odd but more likely than the articles continuing until next Monday.

>Aeldari

Holy shit, Stormcast managing to look cool. Considering their size, you could use them as counts-as Terminators desu. Maybe you could use Guardian Spears from the Custodes, they might fit right.
Do you happen to know where the head from this is coming? I feel like this is something I want to make too.

Too bad melee weapons have no range and can't be fired.

I do it because it always bothers one persons autism every time :^)

>Chapter Tactic (Grey Knights are an option here)
I like raven guard, -1 to hit at range is so cool and fluffy
>Legion Trait (Death Guard are an option here)
I like alpha legion, -1 to hit at range is so cool and fluffy
>Forgeworld Dogma
I like stigyas or whatever they’re called, -1 to hit at range is so cool and fluffy
>Regimental Doctrine (of the 3 we've seen so far)
I like scions, , -1 to hit at range is so cool and fluffy

Vostroyans are not Orks you mong, they can't fire melee weapons.

Repel the enemy isn’t an order, it’s a stratagem.

Stormcasts make great 40k conversions
And since it's relevant I'll post this again!
>t.alpharius

I got quads, so you all need to participate.

Here's mine:
>Ultramarines
>Death Guard
>Lucius
>Vostroya

Alpharius here, still curious about where that spear is from. Assuming Stormcast but I don't play AoS.

>can fire any of its weapons
>they must target enemy units within 1''
RAW they can be fired with a 1'' range.

Can't argue with quads so here's mine again.

Wrong.

games-workshop.com/de-AT/Stormcast-Eternals-Paladins-Protectors
Huge spears. Found them just now while browsing, but Alpharius makes me doubt about using those for not!Terminator Stormcasts.

>Heavy Weapons Squads are already very handy in an Astra Militarum army – throw in Heirloom Weapons and they’ll be even better. Few enemies are going to be able to escape a 54″ lascannon, while if you get charged, the Vostroyan ORDER, Repel the Enemy, is potentially punishing.
No, it's an order

Certainly, here's the link for the heads.
puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=89

That was my plan originally, actually - to use the as CC terminators. Might end up doing so, if they come out looking decent. If you go that route, I recommend taking a look at the shields from Scibor, in the pic.

I hadn't considered Guardian spears, that's a good idea. Not sure how easy they'd be to get, is my only concern.

>Raven Guard
>Night Lords
>Mars
>Mordians

Good picks, but don't flake out on the Regiment user.

Its from a stormcasts set, lemme look the name up, I'm sure it's something retarded like "vendicators" or "justifiers"...
Palidin protectors
You can get a single model on eBay for $13

do not nip on eldar ears please

Not how that works.

Melee weapons have no shots or range, they merely modify their bearers attacks.

>Not sure how easy they'd be to get, is my only concern.
Everyone is building their Custodes as sword and board these days so you should be able to get them on Ebay/bits sites.

Rust stalkers are 200 points for 10.

When combined with the Stygies VIII forge world, they are harder to hit.

I could bring like 150 of them to a table with cord claws and rend everything down with mortal wounds. This plus canticles would be a brutal close combat army. Use Kastelian Robots with fists and flamers to infiltrate up to your enemies line, they should take at least 2 rounds to kill off. The rust stalkers swarm over the table. Jesus... its better then orc choppa boys.

Yeah, this was one of those times where I didn't check ebay before I posted. They're fucking everywhere, it seems. I stand corrected.

Melee weapons can't be fired unless they're 12 point Blood Angel Powerfists and you summoned after disembarking from a transport with FW doors while Fabius Bile performs a heroic intervention into combat and instant deaths a Titan.

Plastic Regiments When?

>Guilliman and 10 sword and board custodes in a 6000 pt Apoc game
Would it be too cheesy even at that level?
I have a friend selling both and I was thinking of saving them for our LGS's regular Apoc games

Sure kid, I'll just bring my Warlord Titan to a game of that many points though.

Thanks user.
Ebay has plenty of guardian spears, but there is only the hand on the spear, not sure how well it fits with the Stormcast arm, or how easy it would be to fit them.

>Ignoring that the Order literally says they can be fired
Keep kidding yourself user.

What the fuck kind of math is that?

Or are you playing Apocalypse games.

So, Vostrayans' bonus range is totally going to be repeated in Tau/Eldar, isn't it?

That gif made me decide to put off my suicide for another couple days

>Using FW
Fuck of Nazi, >>/pol/ is that way.

I'm not kidding, they can totally be fired if they're 12 point Blood Angel Powerfists and you summoned after disembarking from a transport with FW doors while Fabius Bile performs a heroic intervention into combat and instant deaths a Titan.

It's simple.

Tau almost definitely.

Dunno about Eldar, the Craftworlds are already pretty well defined.

Nothing is too cheesy for 6k points of apoc.

In fact that's exactly what should like Guilliman should be exclusively used for, and banned in normal points level games.

That's specifying the targets you may select. It doesn't grant you a range if you don't have one. When shooting you have to check range. Melee weapon auto fails.

How much do Custodes fucking cost?

How many more memes can we stuff into this thing before it stops making sense?

Melee weapons also don't have any shots. So even if you DID have range, you wouldn't fire anythng.

Stop trying to argue with a shitposter user, it will get you nowhere.

It would be a 900 pt "unit"
>tfw 10 golden faggots cost more than a primarch

How do we stop spamhammer? Unit allotment? %? Not playing the game?

They would have 1 shot like any weapon with no number after the type has.

As someone who recently blew up an entire unit of Custodes with a single shot from a Warhound Titan, it'd be fine. It's also fluffy as fuck for Guilliman to show up to lead an army sized appropriately for him to make an appearance and not delegate to one of his Captains or another chapter's CM.

>AtLeastsItsBetterThan7th.jpg

In a friendly game, you have to take 1 of each codex unit before you can double up.

I don't think such a restriction has any place in official games.

>any weapon with no number after the type has
Name one ranged weapon that doesn't have a listed number of shots.

That's not how it works anymore, all ranged weapons have a shot number now.

ummmm hang in there user

That rule is fucking Cancerous.

Yeah I don't think that should be a thing in competitive
That being said "highlander" tourneys are fun as fuck

Wow, that sounds amazing. So long as I burn a command point and hold still with all my short ranged weapons, I can marginally outperform a predator. Truly, the Forgefiend is a perfectly balanced unit.

I don't know, we still got Wu Tang Clan and I'm probably forgetting a couple others.

What about Warlord Titans failing morale tests after being shot by lasguns?

How does that even work?

>In a friendly game, you have to take 1 of each codex unit before you can double up.
Except Troops.

Brigade Detachment only, no Unique Characters, Final Destination.

I fixed 40k.

Don't forget necrontyr are black, dark angels are gay, carnac, all 8th edition hype memes, and traps

I guess we'd need our resident autistic meltdowners in there somewhere too.
Should we do the guardfag or just keep it to DAchink, Edsee, and Carnac?

>Brigade Detachment only
Congratulations, all elite armies now hate your guts and the competitive scene is dominated by Guardfags.

Have a squad of three Warlord Titans somehow, an equivalent in Guardsmen, shoot one to death, the other two run away due to morale. Might also work with Fabius "Instant Death" Bile

Those are all thread meta memes, not 40k rules memes.

>all dark angels are actually reverse traps
>so none of them are gay
Oh wait...

When you get off your ass and convert some shit

>all elite armies now hate your guts
They can fucking get gud.

I'm almost curious as to how many lasguns you'd need to kill one.

How do they get around not being able to fill a Brigade Detachment user?

Well in betrayer an emperor class titan was taken down by harpoons so anything is possible

>t. Guardfag
I'm not sure if it's even possible to make a Grey Knights Brigade Detachment at 2000 points. Also, some armies don't even have choices for every slot.

Shut the fuck up, you're literally creating a ruleset that cannot be accessed by some armies.

I like those medieval looking ones on the right, shame there won't be a ruleset for Feudal Worlders.