Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

OP is fair if you were bad at some point edition

>Warhammer Community news(Regiment Focus: Vostroya)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/27/regiment-focus-vostroyan-sep27gw-homepage-post-2/

Top five squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW [Open] [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

ITT:
>yeh, they're pretty op
>hurrdurrr muh op
>I'll never play against ANY GUARD again evar
>they're not even op guys they have BS4+
>it's okay they were mid tier last edition
>yeah, like you'd say that if Nids of orks were OP
>REEEEEEEEE
>Guard new Tau
>I'll fight only balanced Guard lists
>I'll only fight if they look exactly like soviet or starship troopers or Rambo
>etc.
Hooray

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QksrFJyT5A4
mengelminiatures.com/2016/11/tutorial-heresy-era-thousand-sons-by-em.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Redpill me on epidemus

Second for Guard is Best

Can you summon after disembarking?

Show me /yourdudes/ I wanna get some inspiration and see some of the stories that go with them

I just posted them a few threads ago, but this is my cherished family.

I still haven't made them because I am perpetually undecided about paint schemes and factions.

>poorfags btfo

Your family is ugly as shit user.
But I like it.

Was the IG codex leaked? I keep on seeing people talk about it like it was.

No idea, I am waiting to hear if they got nerfed. I regularly get molested by IG at my LGS

Only with FW doors.

They were buffed across the board. Conscripts only got token nerfs. They look 7th ed Eldar strong now.

You first

Other than the rulebook and the two chaos books, what other 40k books went with Rogue Trader?

3 fucking generals? This was the earliest so I guess ignore the others.

>losing 40% max size
>50% failure rate on orders
>token nerf

I haven't been paying attention lately, busy with other things.
What books have come out set post-Gorillaman waking up?

Well, time for that niceguy(tm) at LGS to be even more insufferable

Book of the Astronomicon

Anyone have the new deathshroud yet? I want to see them next to regular chaos termies

All my painted necrons. Unpainted is three tomb blades and that's it. Need a gauss pylon and either a tesseract ark or two sentry pylons

wow your so cool dude, you keep posting your shitty unpainted models staring down a model that is actually nicely painted.

2/5

Did that one in the corner start life as a Buddha statue?

I'm working on it.

They look like a noblebright drone army from afar.

shit, im sorry. at least your trying-- unlike 75% of lazy ass fucking 40GAY power gaming faggits that populate this hobby

>deploy 6 kastelan unit with Cawl
>stratagem to get them in shooty mode turn 1
>3 kataphron destroyers in front of them
>pop the +1 to hit for both
>kill a necron annihilation barge with overcharged plasma
>burn 3 scarab swarms
>108 shots into 2 units of destroyers (half and half)
>the 2 laser onagers on the flank decide to help and blast a spider and a destroyer lord off the table

I am glad that I didn't paint all 70+ guardsman yet. I'm not gonna need nearly that many.

I need a good army shot but thatll be when its all painted.

that looks badass user. great work with the dead guardsmen

The others have already hit their bump limits.

It's a fast thread and Veeky Forums is slow for some reason today so the old 40kgs haven't been pruned yet.

wtf a painted Ork army

I need to do another group shot when I finish another squad, but these are my dudes. Agri worlders and cadian remnants with a large number of abhumans (who I haven't made yet) who have hate boners for dark eldar and chaos.

Bout to get back into 40k after 4 years I had to stop becuase of work. I had a Stormtrooper army since the very ass end of 4th, but I heard they were broken OP now, how true is that? How is their army now any fun? For both players?

> yellow paint that looks good

What sorcery is this

>I'm lovin' it

Was Waagh Orks not one of them?

they're extremely points efficient deep strikers who can take 4 really, really cheap plasma guns at BS3+. They essentially deep strike for free too, which is very rare and only on specialized units.

If you aren't taking 4 plasma guns per 10 scions and just deep striking all of them, you're fine.

You'll be quite strong even with a purely WYSIWYG army.

> $33

You people have zero excuses. Paint your fucking models.

Is there a mega for new Black Library stuff? I want me some audiobooks.

$2.75 per paint pot with an essentially free brush, pair of clippers and glue. Plus a storage tray. Not bad really.

Prime white. That's my secret.

>ba da bada bah

They do look like the weird half-pots though. Still not bad.

Fuck that's actually a good deal. Why the hell is my LGS not selling this?

You gonna paint the stompah in the back right or what?

The pots are smaller, they're not fullsize 17ml.

Still though, if you're not a sperglord you can make them last a long time, especially for colors you only use for highlights or small details.

They aren't the full sized pots. They are the tiny ones with barely anything in them that are most likely already partially dried out by the time you open it.

>be me
>have your army painted as a first-time painter
>they turn out mediocre
>people say stuff like "change X" or "do another color this is bad"
>idc because they're still "my dudes"

Anyone else feeling the same? Even though my stuff looks mediocre, I still like it because it was my mediocre paintjob.

Thanks! Working on my third one, this time with a dead eldar on it. Can't think of a scheme though for him that'll look nice

3ml pots vs 12ml standard pots.

So they're a third the size but it's still a pretty good deal considering you get 12 colors, a decent brush, spruecutters, and a bottle of plastic glue.

>white Necrons
I NEED to see some of these guys up close.

Any ideas for how to paint lumpy?

I'm planning on putting him on a 32mm base. Was thinking maybe having him stand on a pile of skulls triumphantly.

If I mix this with Medium can I paint this over silver for metallic green?

As long as you like your dudes, user, they look great. Remember that.

Any paintjob is better than yet another boring gray plastic army on the table, user. If you're happy with your dudes than that's all that matters.

The first kit I ever bought/built/painted was pic related, and even though I made my own custom chapter that is primarily red I'll always have three random Ultramarines hanging around.

Might be better to paint that first then do a super light drybrush of leadbelcher.

This might help you:

youtu.be/QksrFJyT5A4

Orks are the best

Skulls are a little more Khorne's thing. Maybe get one of those little patio tables from a pizza box as a makeshift palanquin for him? Then you could make some little Nurglings from greenstuff to carry it.

Sorry about the shitty phone camera, these are what I have done so far. Bunch of small side projects and stuff, but hopefully I should have more soon.

Any paintjob is better than unpainted, my dude. As long as you're happy with how they turned out then that's all that matters

You should give him a mini palanquin user. I'm giving one of my spare brimstones from the Lord of Change kit his own disc. Do something similar but Nurgle flavored.

True facts

How did he get that disc?

Take that back, greenie.

Never

No clue how I'll explain that yet. It was an idea I had when Tzeentch stuff got updated in 7th, was planning on running him as a familiar and thought that it would be a good way to make him keeping up with my exalted sorc make sense. I could probably go with convenience, luck, or my sorcerer feeling nice.

As far as new stuff, I just have this shitty test model right now, but it's a concept for my dudes. I have another test model ready to go for after work, where hopefully my paint won't dry so quickly. I like the idea of the white panel with black lightning, but idk if I'll keep it. For the next model, I'm ditching the bronze trim for alternating black and white, so we'll see how that does. For now, here's my shitty dude.

Need a Warband name, still. What's a good name for Night Lords who stumbled on some sort of Malal artifact/script?

is an army based on mega nobz in trukks a viable list?

So mix Waystone green with Stormhost Silver or something?

Not really. Meganobz WAY too expensive at the moment.

Morkanaut is cute.

Biel Tan (green/white) would contrast well with your red and black.

>5 other threads autosaged before this one

Pathetic.

If you know any Eldar players, use their color scheme.

How does wanting to replace SM weapons with hellforged weaponry for the CSM's equate to me playing SM's?

>actually migrating to this shit thread
Don't fall for the autist's spam, Chaosfriend.

Reposting my list here for critique

Admech battalion
Lucius rules
Dominus - Eradication ray, macrostubber
Enginseer - warlord, Autocadaceus, necromechanic
2 squads of 5x Rangers with 2x arquebus and omnispex
2 squads of 10x Vanguard with data tethers, one with 3x Plasma and one with 3x Arc Rifles, Alpha with carbine and Arc Maul
2 onagers, one with icarus and one with neutron laser
2x Kastelans with fists
Or
2x Kastelans with phosphor
GK Vanguard
Chaplain - gate of infinity
Apothecary - warding stave,Hammerhand
Paladin Ancient - gate of infinity
Paladin Squad Alpha - 4x Paladins with Falchions, Paragon with hammer
Paladin Squad Beta - 2x Paladins with Falchions, Paragon with hammer
2000pts 107PL

Anything I'm missing? Anything fluffy or 'rule of cool' I oughta add? I would have loved to add some incenerators or to use halberds instead, but it's not worth it from the math I've seen.

I'm also going with Deimos. Anything fluffy I should add/swap to fit that? AFAIK there's not a lot of lore with them in particular

Too bad only like a quarter of that can fit in a 2k list these days.

I recently finished making a 4'x4' table and started my genestealer cult army. I'm a fucking manchild and like making little dioramas with my armies, so here are some acolytes ambushing an IG column on part of the new table

3/12 is not a third

I bought the Stormcast Eternals + paint set for my little brother that came with the three models and the same sized paint pots last year around the time they released. When he opened it the brush-on primer had already been reduced to a sticky black ball, and one of the washes also appeared to have partially dried out leaving just enough for the three models. The other paints themselves didn't go very far. They aren't supposed to. It is clear the smaller sized pots leads to them drying out even more quickly.

That set is only useful to someone that has never painted a model in their life and want to see if they are into the hobby without investing too much. Anyone that already has even just a 10 man box would be better off buying the full sized pots as they can pick and choose what colors and washes they need as well as the paint itself lasting far longer.

mengelminiatures.com/2016/11/tutorial-heresy-era-thousand-sons-by-em.html

so which non fw dreadnoughts are good?

so far the redemptor and contemptor are both pretty disappointing.

30k is dead in my area so here's one of my counts-as mutilators

Nice. Thanks.

>Use painted guard
And thus my faction got swarmed with WAAC faggots

>Using unpainted guard
And thus my faction got swarmed with WAAC faggots

mine is nearing the end of the build phase

can you please stop posting this picture in every thread

Hello 40kg, long time GW videogame fan trying to get into 40k.

BF wants to try it as something we can do together, so I am looking to make an army.

I have it narrowed down based on fluff between some EC loyalist chapter, EC chaos marines, or necrons.

Help me decide?

Any one got good camouflage marine pics?

>NONE PURER

>EC loyalist chapter
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
>EC chaos marines
This one.
>necrons
If you're lazy

I'm not sure if camouflage works too well miniatures.

If you like being the edgy big bad guy then go chaos. It's also got lots of room for expansion with marines daemons and renegades.
However if being good is more your thing then then the imperials have just as much room to expand.
Personally I am a huge chaos fan so I'd love another two converts!