>/5eg/ Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Tomb of Annihilation leaks album
imgur.com/a/iglMj

>Tomb of Annihilation complete official art dump (pdf)
mega.nz/#!JyB0zbhI!UqyuEBdi65FfAWpQYJU8htDvJ8XE4wy_vpLOBQEZXc4

>Tortle Package (pdf)
mega.nz/#!Kgw10Qha!DvWcsgAyGdNFtspYAUNWNCCPrzALIWY36ES9UXWCXRI

>Previous thread:
Thread Question:
Do you/your players prefer a more formalized, hexcrawl sort of travel system, or do they prefer looser means of playing their travels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIuFHTgZIGw
youtube.com/watch?v=KoFRbxfTN98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Concerning the Death Curse, how common is resurrection magic in the Realms? In the novels people usually stay dead, but in the game you have things like the raise dead spell which could be really exploited.

Playing a Earth Genasi Barbarian.

Character summary:
Even tempered Earth Genasi was born in a tribe of barbs. Dislikes giving into his rage and inner demons. The problem is he kinda likes it which disgusts him.

Need ideas for his character flaws, goals and backstory.

Art, Sculpting/Carving, Tranquility, Stone Gardens, Stone Gourmet(eating precious gems), Enjoys touching rough things,
Likes polishing himself, Sun bathing, Enjoys being warm, Architecture,

Dislikes

Large bodies of water, Being disconnected from the earth, birds, distrusts anything capable of flight, Raging

Goals

Put life in into his sculpture/carving, Collecting foreign materials for a magnificent stone garden,

Flaws

Dyslexic, No sense of smell, Distrusts anything capable of flight (Will casually try to shoot down birds because "They don't belong there")

Flavor: Nose clogged with little pebbles some times

I honestly forgot Gensai are even a thing.

Considering revive spells require diamonds or oils costing anywhere from five hundred to a thousand gold pieces, it's a significant investment for most people.

How do folks think Tomb of Annihilation compares to Curse of Strahd? It seemed like CoS was the favorite module up to now. I'm in the middle of running Storm King's Thunder .

Can anyone tell me if the Martial Powers spellcards deck includes all the ki stuff like flurry of blows and stunning strike or just the Wot4E spells?

Just from reading over ToA, it's good but CoS is still better.

ToA is more dungeon crawly though, which might play better depending on your group.

They are two completely different kinds of adventure, besides their free-form nature. One is a hexcrawl survival adventure, the other is a gothic horror mystery.

I was in a CoS campaign that didn't really work for our playgroup, we never really bought into the grimdark feeling (or maybe it was our DM? Probably not). And then our DM misplayed and tpked us.

ToA just seems more vibrant and alive I guess. More my kind of adventure. And a lot more friendly to swashbuckling heroes.

Everyone did, it retroactively made their lore better

>our dm misplayed
Justify this right now or you're a shitter forever

Didn't drop at will invisibility when attacking with a slaad. Also gave it hide while invisible as a free action.

We didn't know where it was, couldn't hear it, and it oneshot the one person with see invisibility.

How exactly is a Genasi born, is the rest of the tribe also Genasi having sand sex? Did someone jerk off on a rock and some god bless it for lulz?

Details man, we need details

Could have been avoided if you munchkin fucks brought Fairy Fire instead of nothing but fireball and lightning bolt.

Ah right, the creature with at least a +2 to dexterity and advatnage on saving throws against spells?

>ToA just seems more vibrant and alive I guess
well it DOES take place in a jungle, whereas CoS takes place in the land of the dead.

Why are warlocks so much fun to play?

I'm guessing it's because you have autism.

You get to turn potatoes purple

Because all you need to do is eldritch meme every turn and you're still helpful

Spellcasting version of a Barb basically; you do the same thing every turn and that's fine.

okay guys got invited to some DnD thing at college by some chick so I said fuck it, but I have no clue how to make a character, specifically a jew character to mess with them. pls help

Back to /pol/

Make a "insert monster race" artificer gunsmith and rp yourself as a nazi. Just say a bunch of things like how you are actually the good guys and how (((dragons))) control all the gold and are always schemeing.

I'm not even /pol/ I just thought it would be funny.

I have no idea what the fuck any of that means lol, seriously I have never fucking played this thing before.

Speaking of Warlocks, anyone have any hot tips on how to build them so that they're interesting to play?

Warlock 1/Wizard X

Literally impossible, sorry.

Push for more short rests boy

I have trouble believing some of you actually have enjoyable playgroups or even friends.

>Not trying to be subtle and subversive
>Just trying to troll
>Literally no clue how to play the game

Just roll a fighter and do what the party wants. You can just be a bro and back up everyone's plans and the night will go a lot smoother.

I'll try, I saw character sheets though and some of them are full on DeviantArt OC autistic.

Oh c'mon, there's gotta be something you can do. I'd really like to make it work if I can because I have a character concept that would work really well as a Warlock.

Just tell her you're an alt-right bitter incel and save her the trouble

>Finish the "first act" of the campaign in july
>DM says he wants a little break
>This means entire august
>Says we'll restart in september
>We actually have a new session at the start, but then the DM cancels three sessions in a row due to being busy
>The next game is supposed to be tomorrow
>Get really hyped, finally back to my escapism
>Today the DM cancels the session again
>Says he'll only get things sorted probably in the end of october
I have a bad feeling about this.

Disgusting man I'm purple as fuck.

Yeah, welcome to college D&D. I'd highly recommend you do Barbarian or Fighter.

I'll see what I can do, I just really hope these people aren't /r9k/ levels of recluse.

Then just sit back and laugh at their dumb weeb shit and bail them out when it inevitably fails. Just make sure to have a sword/board build to help survive the low levels.

Time to be the DM then user.

Time for you to step up and save the game.

New player here, how do you get into character?
Mine is the youngest son in a family of carpenters, his older brothers outshine him so he basically fucks around the island like an underachieving college drop out. He's also an archer so having him be a bit of a coward, basically he's Shaggy from Scooby-Do.
I just want cool stuff to say/do to contribute to the RP.

My group and I just got adamantine and hellfire ore and are combining them into one piece of armor. We're wondering what ac and bonus it might have any ideas?

I started the game of my own, actually, but the DM is one of the players, and he's too busy to play now, another player fried his computer, and the third won't make a fucking character
I just want to fucking play DnD bros

>anyone have any hot tips on how to build them so that they're interesting to play?
Sure:

- max charisma
- pick spells you find cool
- pick invocations you liked

Ask your DM.

Teach me about Dex paladins /5eg/ are they worth it? Can I MC into bard or do I have to raise str first?

Anybody gotten a look at A Touch of Class from EnWorld? Curious about it.

Dexterity is a meme. All the faggots screaming about how Strength is useless ignore the fact that the best melee feat, GWM, requires Str weapons, and that the best one-handed weapon (lance) is also Str.

It helps to start with a character that is like you in personality, though it's not good to ONLY play characters that are just you.

If you have a set time for DnDs and only a few or one person shows up I think it's perfectly fine to roll up some randos to flesh out the world a bit better.
I run a 6 player game and just have some backup stuff in case I only have 2 or 3 people and I need everyone.
As long as you keep it in the same world you can shed a light on the bigger happenings in your world.

Sword+board with DEX has the most defense, IIRC. Flavourwise it goes well with Oath of the Ancients. Rapier + shield is the way to go, unfortunately two-weapon fighting isn't very good.

You might have to pick up warcaster at 4 depending on how strict your DM is about somatic components. You will need 13 strength to multiclass though.

>Lance. You have disadvantage when you use a lance to attack a target within 5 feet of you. Also, a lance requires two hands to wield when you aren’t mounted

You guys got any ideas for a Fey patron? I want something really cool, the options in the PHB are meh.

>Dream Druids can teleport to the last place they rested
cool

youtube.com/watch?v=bIuFHTgZIGw

Are there any resources out there for Evil-aligned players/party? I've got some players itching for some epic-scale world domination (less murderhobo, more Melkor), but I can't really find anything useful besides that UA about Paladins' Oath of Conquest.

Oberon, the Green Lord, an unrivaled hunter and
woodland warrior, is Titania's lover and frequently
her foe. Oberon is attuned to every bough of each
tree and each branch of every stream in the forests of
the Feywild. If Oberon has a weakness, it is the wild
nature of his heart. His mood swings like a weather
vane in a wind storm.

Hyrsam, the Prince of Fools, is thought to be the first
satyr. He can sing the shine off gold, and his jokes
and antics can cause stones to cry with laughter. Yet
Hyrsam is also the soul of savagery and
the wild. Hyrsam the Fool is a prankster
and prone to mischief, but when such jokes
turn vicious and deadly, Hyrsam the Savage
is at play.

Fey patrons can't be "cool", and don't let any autist here tell you different. Fairies are an invention of the abominable irish and the beady eyed Eternal Anglo, who's scared of the forests so shitless, he invents fictional characters to frighten himself even more.
You'll notice that manly cultures don't have fairies in their legends.

>I want something really cool, the options in the PHB are meh.

The main advice I have is to make sure at some point all the forces of the world unite against their evil. Maybe even create a team of "adventurers" you control that's quested to stop them.

Is there any combination of spells and abilities I can use to make it rain blood? Even locally.

any of the illusion spells

Ok, anons, help me out:
>Started DM'ing Tyranny of Dragons
>Everyone that I know and everyone on the internet hates the campaign
>Thinking about changing the campaign

Should I try to do something ~random~ and just teleport my players to Ravenloft and start a CoS campaign even though I gave them backgrounds to tie their story with ToD?
or
Should I just tell them that that campaign sucks and that we're starting a new one from scratch? (then I could do either CoS or ToA)

Ask your DM if you can refluff create food and water

The DM is asking for a recommendation.

Reading through the spell lists, there seems to be pretty few ritual spells. Even a lot of spells which honestly sounds like rituals, but aren't for some reason.

Would you allow spells without a ritual tag to be cast as a ritual, provided that the spell made sense as one?

Can't you just ask your friends if they are having ~fun~? It's the only thing that matters

No, that would be overpowered.

No, because rituals exist for balance reasons, not for "this thematically feels like a ritual" reasons.

They told me they did, but that was only the first session, I'm afraid it will get boring as time goes and I can't DM every week, so I don't want to waste everyone's time

That's definitely happening, but I have to bring them together first and get them to the point where the whole world is gunning for them.

Did that fag shilling his compendium of warlock patrons leave?

>Cavalier in XGE is UA knight+cavalier combined, focused on protecting allies

Hmm

youtube.com/watch?v=KoFRbxfTN98

Question for dungeon design: Whats the highest reasonable level for a single evil wizard to serve as a solo encounter dungeon boss for a lv 1 party of 4 PCs

>but that was only the first session
Start a new campaign, amigo

Hmm, alright.

I was just thinking that a ritual for polymorphing an ally into a fish for some pond scouting, or spells like remove curse for that exorcising like ritual, sounded pretty thematic and reasonable to use as longer rituals.

I bet they just changed the name from Knight to Cavalier and removed the Rapid Strike feature that was out of place on the archetype. I hope they reworded the mark ability

You know there were multiple of us, right?
What do you have against it?

Reduces critical hit damage (from DMG's Adamantine Armour) and gives Resistance to Fire damage (only thing I can think of). Depending on player levels, either normal Plate AC or +1, with a limitation to only be Heavy Armour. The other two benefits are good enough to make it pretty damn rare, so it's up to you.

If I had a PDF of it saved, I'd post it just to spite you.

>I have hope again

Oh, you're back? Hi.

rate my npc

Thinking of dealing with a meta gamer by breaking his planned build.

Could I force them to multiclass into Warlock by making them sign a contract in some way with a fey or fiend?

What even is hellfire ore? Is it from the nine hells?

What's his planned build?

If it involves multiclassing in any way, force him to actually seek out people who are able and willing to teach him

Quality/Quality

Fighter(Battle Master) / Rogue(Assassin)
still only rogue at the moment

It's very hard to deal with as a DM and I feel like it's better to mess with his character personally rather than giving every other mob truesight or a ridiculous perception buffs or similar stuff like that will affect the entire party.

Here ya go!

I DMd CoS, im starting to DM ToA.
I unable to tell wich one i prefer, they are just so different.
CoS is dark, bleak and has some mistery to it.
ToA is colorful and full of life, based on free exploration.
Both are top tier campaigns in my book, i love how they completely change the tomb but still kept a lot of references in it, it's just my opinion, but i think that the tomb of the nine gods completely shits over the tomb of horror, it's just so much fun.

Thanks, Anão

>breaking the game
>it's just rogue who's got expertise in stealth
>want to force him to multiclass into warlock
You're just dumb and shitty

Dude let him make his fun stealthy dude, don't be a buzzkill. Jesus Christ

How is he breaking the game?

There are plenty of ways to deal with him that don't involve forced multiclassing. The best way that comes to mind is to give them an enemy that they need to capture unharmed, or at least alive. If you're worried about combat imbalance then pit him against some enchantment magic to turn him against the party for a few rounds or against something dangerous to get into melee with. Hell, run him through a gauntlet of weaker enemies and tempt him to use up his superiority dice before the big enemy shows up.

I was thinking of giving our ranger a bow that can use charges to launch arrows that act as immovable rods once they reach the point designated when shooting. 10 charges at max or something. Maybe halve the immovable rod's weight capacity/moving STR requirements.
Thoughts?

Wow, you're a shit DM

my group is running CoS, what level should we be for amber temple and what level for the eventual fight with Strahd? we are level 5 and everything so far is kicking our ass.

Yea from what he said it's supposed to be the best material for making armor from there also it's only use is armor.