Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

He's a big guy edition.

Last >Warhammer Community news(Regiment Focus: Valhalla)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/28/regiment-focus-valhallans-sep28gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Remember.

FUCK GUARD

4th for the Emperors finest.
>chaoscucks btfo

PFFT

Last 5 or more 40kg.
Let's see if this one will follow.

>Primer Hermeticon: Infantry units within 6" can re-roll failed hit rolls in the fight phase.

This Admech warlord trait seems pretty sweet as they come. Take that and Anzion's Megachoppy Backpack and pay 1CP to accompany the Stygian melee spearhead.
I can imagine that that would be hella worth it for 40 Fulgurites and maybe 4 Dragoons, all with Hatred and smashing through an entire enemy flank, especially since that has a not-insignificant chance of giving half the blob Storm Shields which you can then crank up to 3A and 2++ to survive the inevitable firestorm that will hit you back.

It's like 5e all over again. Can't wait for 11th edition to experience all this for a 3rd time.

So, if guard fags arethe tau fags of the 8th edition who will be the Guard fag in 9th edition ?
I`d say that it will be sister players who will be broken in 9E

Whenever new shit is coming out that people get hype about it's like this
Wait till tonight and it'll get pretty /comfy/

keep holding the line buddy. i have 4 russ's and 50 guardsman in the mail to reenforce you soon

>Have great idea for feudal world imperial guard + marines and some mechanicus and ecclesiarchy auxiliaries
>Everyone going full knight
>Spend weeks picking out bits and making test models
>Read talk about an Odin looking motherfucker of a Leman Russ
>Get idea for full norse Guard + Marines
>100% viking, 0% wolf
>Can't decide what to do now

So, I didn't see the stream.

Did Armageddon really fucked this hard?

I wanted my tank army to play with Armageddon rules..

>ITT

>Tyranids: Half our units are useless newb traps
>Admech: Robots are dunecrawlers are our only viable units
>Orks: I hope you like spamming boys, because that's our only viable strategy
Yes totally great and balanced

I know we all have a busy day shitposting ahead of us here, but does anyone have any time to spare to critique this list I made, fully painted I might add, for a local tournament coming up saturday? Ill post pics after I get back. Till then here is my dominus.

Admech 2k list

Tech-priest dominus 125 (warlord)
Volkite blaster, omnissian axe, macrostubber, solar flare (relic)

Tech-priest dominus 125
Volkite blaster, omnissian axe, macrostubber

Tech-priest engineseer 52
laspistol, omnissian axe, servo-arm

Tech-priest engineseer 52
laspistol, omnissian axe, servo-arm

Skitarii Rangers x5 90
2x transuranic aquebus

Skitarii Rangers x5 90
2x transuranic aquebus

Skitarii Vanguard x6 58
arc rifle

Skitarii Vanguard x6 54

Kataphron destroyers x4 300
Heavy grav cannon, cognis flamers

Kataphron breachers x3 141
Heavy arc rifles, arc claws

Cybernetica datasmith 52
Power fist, gamma pistol

Kastelan Robots x4 451
3x Twin linked heavy phosphor blaster, 4x heavy phosphor blaster
1x Kastelan fists

Onager Dunecrawler 140
neutron laser, cognis stubber, enhanced data tether

Onager Dunecrawler 140
neutron laser, cognis stubber enhanced data tether

Onager Dunecrawler 130
Icarus array, enhanced data tether

2x Batallion detatchment 9 CP 2,000 points Lucius forgeworld

Get that ugly ass of yours ready, Morty, I'm coming for you.

>He's a dead guy edition
FTFY

>crank up to 3A and 2++ to survive the inevitable firestorm that will hit you back.
How? Transfer your data now.

Guard fags are not Tau fags. Tau were overpowered because they specialize in shooting and running away, which made them too strong in an edition which focused on shooting rather than melee. Guard are more versatile, as long as tough elite units, which are the weak point of guard, don't become the focus soon, Guard will stay good.

some tonks

Dragoons are not infantry.

Aarrrghhh

>dorn is stupid, but is best primarch
>dorn memes are stupid, but are best primarch memes
This cant be a coincidence

He's just pretending.

Pilot to bombardier, pilot to bombardier, we are beginning our run. Watch your targets, we got our boys down there.

muh dudes

>Guard fags are not Tau fags
way to miss his point. The comparison isn't to the playstyles, which are most certainly different, it's to the attitude of the players.
The self righteousness and denial of being OP to the point of coming off as a retard, as we saw yesterday

engineseers

Reminder that Russ is best tank and that we have yet to see if there is or isnt an offensive stratagem for them.

there's a beauty in simplicity I suppose.
Someone give me an idea for a dorn edit, I'm bored and have nothing better to do

When you screech at our shit being op in spite of an obvious severe nerf and demand for it to be made outright useless it's kinda hard not to say 'no, you're an idiot'.

>Found the deluded WAAC guard fag.

butt-puncher 4000's

Ordering mine tomorrow when I get my payday
So fucking hype

That dominus based on the Fantasy Wraith looks really great. I think I remember it being posted either in an earlier 40kg or in the WIP threads.

>obvious severe nerf
I seriously hope your not referring the conscript nerf, because that did nothing to change what made them good.
If you seriously believe the orders or 50 men units were what made them good, despite the best lists only taking them in units of 20 to 30, and most people who play said list agreeing that order removal would do little to change how good they are, then you're utterly deluded.

I'd get one but the model is kinda dumb imo.

If there was a properly sized one that had the engines on the tail like an A10 then I'd be down.

I'm waiting for 10E when AdMech are overpowered (partially b/c of the binary nature of the Edition #) and then I'll be able to say I've played AdMech since 7th like an "oldfag" when they were TWO codexes. and I'll still be waiting for Fires of Cyraxus

>muh unsourced tourneyfag claims
Why the fuck would i care what tourneynigger WAACfags have to say?

What would you do to them?

Rad wraith conversion

>When you screech
>guard players accusing others of screechin
Tip top kek
>inb4 "it was a falseflag"

The Dragoons aren't there for rerolls, although I admit that was poorly phrased on my part. Dragoons are there to charge through any gap my guns can peel in the enemy line and neutralize their characters so my rerolls can tip any slugging matches I get into without losing too many priests. At worst they're massive bullet sponges, at best they're tank and Primarch assassins.

>Acquisition at Any Cost (2 CP): Use at the end of any of your turns. Select an INFANTRY unit from your army within 3" of an objective marker. Until the start of your next turn, you can add 1 to all saving throws made for that unit and increase the attacks characteristics of all models by 1.

Deploying the entire alpha strike and then doing this once is 6CP. What it does do is make the front line of Fulgurites almost invincible, which means you can shove past whatever tattered remains you left of the enemy screens and do it ALL AGAIN. You have to be near an objective, but with twenty 32mm bodies who can pick their charge angle I foresee few problems with that. Also, not like 3++ 5+++ is exactly flimsy.
If you get lucky you can pay the 3CP Fight Twice strat after consolidating into a couple different enemies and possibly kill two units a turn, but with Admech strats at your fingertips I think there's probably better uses for those.

And there you go again screaming for a nerf to commissars without actually saying it because you know itll.never happen.

The thing that makes conscripts good is how hard they are to remove when commissars are nearby. And the thing that makes COMMISSARS good is their summary execution, which us both fluffy and exactly the same as it always has been; shooting the coward to encourage the others.

Commissars only give a reroll to morale and no ob sec.

Thanks.

Not alot of admech players on right now mabye?

user, I think it was the basic idea that they wanted to reduce their potency while not making them useless.
Conscripts were powerful because of many advantages. Some of those are now gone, meaning them have less firepower and require less devotion of firepower to remove.
They have not be obliterated as a viable choice, however, and that is good balance.

>And there you go again screaming for a nerf to commissars without actually saying it because you know itll.never happen.
Fuck you, I'll say it: commisars need to be nerfed
>but it will never happen because muh ATSKNF won't
ATSKNF was nerfed this edition you mong, so fuck off with this arguement

Called it.

>doesnt blam a guy
No

How. How nerf commissars without crippling the entire morale system for guard?

So, how can GW save Armageddon tomorrow?

With these doctrines I'd say they're oretty much fucked, sadly.

Make them roll for a succesful execution, even a 2+ would be better for forcing CP. A chance at a fail is better than nothing.

just finished selling all my tau and eldar...

r8 my first guardsmen Veeky Forums.

>wait 15+ years to get your own faction rules
>get the worst doctrines yet released

I don't even feel like going outside today.

One guy isnt the playerbase. There would be somebody this retard to defend every faction

He's good.

Yeah, and Armageddon got the shittiest doctrine for them.

Wew lad

Nice army, cool to see one thats 100% finished. The bases could use some work, tho.

Now, I'm not an admechfag, but I recently played a couple games vs a friend of mine who plays them, so I kinda know what scared/hurt me and what didnt in those games.

HQ spam is good, admech can get almost as many CP as Guard can.

2-man Ranger squads with snipers are good, my friend played that too, and they sniped both my GK Grandmaster and my Apothecary in a turn each.

I really liked my friends Vanguard, he played 30 of them, but I'm not too fond of arc rifles, I think plasma is far better, especially when you have a Techpriest for rerolls around.

Cant really comment on either the Kataphrons or the Kastelans, as those always died in my alphastrikes without getting to do much, but I always focused them down early cause they seemed like they would devastate my army if allowed to live. If I had to change something, I'd probably drop gravcannons and arc rifles in favor of plasma breachers, they seem for useful against most enemies, since they can threaten both vehicles/monsters and elite infantry at the same time. Then again, I'm just a fanatic for plasma.

Dunecrawlers are pretty neat. I'm especially a fan of the Icarus array, since you can give it the bonus to hit rolls strategem to hit on 2s or 3s, at which point its actually scarier than the neutron laser.

My friend also played a blob of Infilrators, those are pretty scary. Nice list overall though, would play against/10

Welcome to the guard son, you won't regret your decision!

Why does he have a handle on his back?

AAAAAAAARRRRGGHHHHHH

Shoot one dude, reroll to morale. You're LD8 with him, your paying 30 points to get ATSKNF.
That would make guardsmen literally as fearless as marines are, which is perfectly fine. Some random joe being scared of less than a thousand year old super soldier because a random fancy dressed dude shot his buddy is retarded from a fluff and rules perspective.

What did Armageddon get, anyway?

naw, i'm just messing with you guys-- I've always been a guard fag. I was just baitin

he has a safety harness for SWAG

>Trooper Jones, you are a coward and a deserter!
>gun to the head
>miss

Nice.

>Not alot of admech players on right now mabye?

I think it's mostly because Admech is a reasonably straightforward army without many choices. Everyone knows what the good units and exactly how to optimize things, and the use of any particular suboptimal unit is usually just because the listbuilder likes them.
I mean, if you have 20 Fulgurites in a Stygies list or 4 Kastelans in a Mars list it's pretty obvious they're going to be activating their relevant strats turn 1 and doing their one trick extremely well.

For your list I would say you probably don't need the second Magos Dominus, and I'm not really sure why you have six Vanguard in those units. Drop the extra Vanguard and buy the Arquebi some Omnispexes, characters are in cover a lot.
Breachers would probably enjoy life more as a pair of Dragoons IMO, which frees up the 15pts needed to get those extra Dunecrawler Stubbers for a little extra dakka and lets you scout, bully and screen at speed.

Otherwise, typical Admech list/10, because we can't really do crazy off-the-wall tactics.

Just give him an automatic boltgun and make him do 2d6 wounds every time he foxes morale.

>bait
>isn't provocative or anything

N-nani?!

i was pretending to be a johnny come lately band waggoning faggot Eldar/Tau player

>>isn't provocative or anything
He's referring to the "just sold my tau and eldar" it was poor bait, it would be better to just have an unpainted riptide in the background

Selling Tau and Eldar to buy Guard? Implying he was a lifelong waacfag?

And by "don't need" I mean make him an Enginseer, not ditch him. Two Bats are pretty much what we need, since our units suck down CP and spit out crackling death.

My sslyth bodyguard have to roll to take a mortal wound for their archon, you mean theyre just gonna be chilling not doin their duty of being a bodyguard when it matters?

Fluff it away however you want, a guardsmen bumps into him while hes aiming at a coward and he misses, reroll he shoots another guy. Dont reroll, he tripped over and 10 lads legged it.

How are the dead posting?

Nope. Willingness to flee is directly influenced by casualty count which I turn is influenced by how tough your dudes are.

MEQ don't take 15 casualties in a single shooting phase, if they did it wouldn't matter because they don't have units that big.

Nothing useful for being a TANK ARMY

>nids and weebs are great
Fuck off commie

>I'd get one but the model is kinda dumb imo.
>If there was a properly sized one that had the engines on the tail like an A10 then I'd be down.
Why the fuck would a bomber have the engines on the tail?

So you should just never have to worry about morale?
to act like you should at all be equal in the morale phase to marines is ridiculous, because you're dudes cost 1/4th the cost of a marine, so you need to lose 4+ to equal the losses from one marine.
So no shit you should lose more dudes, because they cost less. to claim otherwise shows you just don't want to play by the same rules as everyone else, which is to say you're a spoiled WAACfag who doesn't want to get the nerfs he deserves

And guard cost a ton less than marines retard, so of course you should lose more.
Fucking guardfags

It's not a bomber, it's a gunship. And the same reason as the A-10; so spent shell casings from the nose guns don't get sucked into the engine intakes.

And morale is explicitly constructed as a weakness of cheap, massed troops. You shouldn't get to ignore entirely for a pittance.

user I'm always willing to accept new converts
I thought that was too good for a neophyte, everyone knows tau and Eldar players don't paint

I only have 2 engineseers, and no proxies are allowed. I have to keep at least 6 troops for 9 cp, which will come in handy. But omnispex might come in handy. next on my purchase list is more rangers for cheap troops choices.

Implying being morale resistant isn't a thing
>what are orks
>what are nids

Ignores AP-1 on tonks
18" Rapid Fire

>So the rumors go.

Watch the full dex get released and turns out Guard are actually nowhere near as strong as people claim

You'd think both the marauder and the A10 would have a hopper for the spent shell casings to go into so that doesn't happen

F F S

It's a gunship variant on a bomber chassis, not a purpose built gunship.

It is still a bomber since it still carries bombs (in it's internal bomb bay.

That is not why the A10's engines are where they are - the A10 doesn't eject shell casings, retard. Like almost all fast aircraft it retains the shell casings.

The A-10's engines are positioned to maximise under-wing space for ordnance, less of a problem for a bomber with internal bomb bay.

And getting a reroll to morale at LD8 doesn't make you resilient?
Fuck off, it's fucking broken as is, and both orks and nids are much easier to deal with than fucking commissars. You should not be immune to morale, which is what you are. To claim other wise is absolutely retarded.

>user I'm always willing to accept new converts

I'm not. Former Tau and Eldar fags are going to start shitting up the reputation of Guard players. Everyone already gives me dirty looks for taking a 50 man conscript blob-- even though I'v been bringing it for almost 5 years.

Daily reminder that black gloves on Cadians is absolutely patrician

So, I'm playing a tank heavy IG army.

Which regiment is now the most useful for tanks?

Armageddon obviously fucking not.