Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Guard are the new traps edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/28/regiment-focus-valhallans-sep28gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Niggers

So everyone knows Space Marines are at their best as shock troopers, favouring surgical decapitation strikes at the right person in the right place at the right time. We know they lack numbers, and their heavy vehicles are exclusively assault vehicles.
With this in mind, is it possible IN-UNIVERSE that the Imperial Guard do holding ground better than Marines? Yes their guns are shit but there are lots of them, they’ve no shortage of heavy weapons, gun emplacements, artillery and defensive vehicles. Everyone knows Guard as the guys who hold the line, is this because they hold it better than anyone else? Dornfags need not answer

How do I get Guardsman fit?
I want to impress the local cum slut at my lgs

>faction A's catchphrase is "hold the line"
>autist asks if faction A is any good at holding the line
kys

Great job Oingo and Boingo, try coordinating your collective autism.

Military PT. Core, arms, legs, kit run. Your knees will scream.

Dorn the Builder may be good with stones, but it is the men of the guard who hold them.

>lewding sisters

I would say yes, All together all their weapons and equipment is designed for prolonged engagements. As you said the Space Marines equipment is designed for surgical strikes and rapid assaults.

Real General here

How can one man be so autistic about his precious general that nobody likes?

God damn this one is still around?

Sisters LOVE to be lewd. They're offended if you don't find them lewd.

Post what you're working on!
I'm painting this guy up when I get home from work

He’s been bumping it so it doesn’t die so his thread can become the current general. It’s acutally pathetic.

W-What is that model suppose to be?

Stop posting here
real 40kg is here

So one character in 40k lore is revealed to be a trap/reverse trap
Who do you pick?

It's Alpharius as a DP

SOON

alpharius

Yes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

There aren't really any attractive well-known characters in 40k lore. It's just not the setting for that. I'd rather have my animes for lewds and leave 40k for the stompin and killin.

Nah its full of Embed shit.
Let it wither away like the useless vestigial nub it is.

Best way to transport lets say 7 russes?

>"hey Duncan I know you said you didn't want to do it, but everyone wants you to paint morty"
>sips his paint water "well alright I can't let the fans down"

>DP
but isnt that exactly the opposite of everything Alpharius was shown to be? Because you know hes dead

Making my own ork clan, tell me what you think. "Da Nite Krumpaz" red and purple scheme kuz they the fastest n sneakiest gitz

The embed meme is fine but the rest of the thread is actual cancer.

Fulgrim, may as well make it canon so everyone can drop the memes and get on with their lives.

Nigger Dante is beautiful. Most Blood Angels are bishounen hunks worthy of any bean flicking or salad tossing

It works because alpharius is probably about as strong as a daemon prince and all his weird gadgets can work as psychic powers and his invuln
Just gonna make some rubble and stuff for him to stand on to fill a 60mm base

When can we expect the rules for FW admech units to be released?
I want to know the point values for Peltasts and Hoplites so I can make a list.

But they're bara hunks, not trap-material, which isn't my style. I mean I can appreciate it from an aesthetic sense, I would marvel over the sculpted naked body of a cut blood angel doing manly poses, but like in an artistic academic way. If I want to please muh dick I need tiny fluffy anime girls (male).

Shitty colour scheme.
Orks are already green, they can sustain one additional primary or seconday colour, any more will be a visual mess like Timmy's first space marines OC.

Never

Okay user i wont fight on this as i only know as much as the memes tell me.

You won’t get that in 40k.

starting a monster mash nid army because I like the idea, and the rest of my armies are at a good size for right now. Got my first box of nid warriors today and holy fuck these guys are huge. I never really saw them because they've been so bad for so long, and I never realized they were almost dreadnought size.
I love it.

Not unless you like Eldar.

That was my original point, yeah.

the Lord of Layers delivers

which should I change? I wasn't going to put purple and red on every single thing. I was thinking this would allow me to integrate purple ork stuff and red ork stuff into one army.

Friendly reminder Eldar are traps in canon and can turn humans gay with their wiles

>Got my first box of nid warriors today and holy fuck these guys are huge. I never really saw them because they've been so bad for so long, and I never realized they were almost dreadnought size.
This is why I am eternally pissed they aren't S5 T5 like their original statline.

GW doesn't seem to understand that all the shit Cruddace did needs to be thrown out and nids need to be approached from the perspective of being true to their 2e codex first and foremost.

Living general here
leave this one.

Yeah but they're dirty fucking elves so they don't count. They're for raping to death on the battlefield only.

>there's two generals, what do?
>make a third one
Shut the fuck off

>less posts
>more cancer
No thanks

Been struggling with this myself. I've got a shit ton of Russ and Chimera hulls and the turrets have all got antennae on them. Might be easier to just build a custom case with a metal floorplate and magnet the tanks to it, worried about foam snapping off the fiddly bits.

>This is why I am eternally pissed they aren't S5 T5 like their original statline.
Eh, supposedly the new dex is supposed to be amazing, so who knows. From what I understand, they're one of the units that needs buffs, so hopefully they get them.
I don't care either way though, they're cool looking and that's enough for me. If they become good on the TT, then that'll be the icing on the cake.

Fuck off you shit
This one has the most replies

this one was first

Doesnt matter, mods will delete this one cuz it was made later probably

Thing is right now they're not even really that bad, but they're overshadowed by so many other options.

Reposting Question
Is TH+SS the best load out? is 3++ really as valuable as i am told it is?

Nah, he's spamming it, so that's more likely to piss off the mods. Plus this one has more replies, so that's also a strike against it

Is this reportable or do we have to suffer this faggotry?
I just wanna post about traps and 40k in peace

>What part of the "under four minute videos" in me contract did you not fucking read, mate? My schedule's full up on tutorials on red armor.

>Living
It's in a vegetative state with necrotic bedsores, pull the plug allready.

But thanks for the bump.

He’s been spamming it all fucking day just to keep it alive. I don’t get it.

That's good to know.
Any tips on how to run them? The assault 3 Heavy bolters seems good, but apparently the BS4+ makes that not worth taking

>autism speaks

Equip them the same as whatever they're providing synapse for.

Yes it’s fucking amazing. The lightning claws are middling at best.

Just report it, yeah.

Also tell me your thoughts on traps.

You know I didn't think it was a big deal, but the fact CSM doesn't get storm shields really bothers me

CSM are fuccbois.

Are you implying they hold Dorn's 'stones' or that they make a good mortar when ground into paste?

I like mine melee with boneswords, spinefists and flesh hooks.

Off topic reportable /lgbt/ content.

I see. Is it better to keep them cheap or not?
I kind of want to make them the core of my army, since I like the models and the idea of just a bunch of giant monsters on the field, but if that isn't viable I guess I could rework it to have some genestealers since they're really good from what I understand

>thoughts on traps
They're pretty cool, not as good as Futa but I gotta take what I can get

>play CSM
>love the aesthetic of space fantasy dudes
>love the aesthetic of shields
>can't give my space fantasy dudes shields because they hate the Emperor

Why? Fluff wise there's no reason they would have them in large numbers. If anything, be pissed you don't get termie variants

Just got the codex, experimenting with possible lists, I'm gonna try this in a friendly match (much proxying to be done of course) hit me 40kg

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) ++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

Daemon Prince of Nurgle: Blades of Putrefaction, Malefic talon, The Suppurating Plate, Wings

Malignant Plaguecaster: Miasma of Pestilence, Putrescent Vitality

+ Troops +

Plague Marines
Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife
2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

Plague Marines
Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife
2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun

Poxwalkers: 20x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Blightlord Terminators
Blightlord Terminator: Flail of Corruption
Blightlord Terminator: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter
Blightlord Terminator Champion: Bubotic Axe, Combi-bolter

+ Fast Attack +

Myphitic Blight-haulers
Myphitic Blight-hauler: Bile spurt, Missile launcher, Multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy Slugger

++ Total: [69 PL, 1250pts] ++

They're more of a support unit, so it's better to keep them cheap.

It’s actually retarded that CSM don’t get that. Fuck GW and their “if we don’t make a model for it, it doesn’t get a datasheet” mantra.

Fuck it.

Why not give your guys shields anyways user? Count them as CC weapons, or just ignore them. My Ogryns have got the big shields and Ripper guns, just because I like them.

>Rapid Fire weapons can do so within 18" like Death Guard
>Vehicles hit by AP-1 weapons treat them as AP0
It's shit. We don't know the order and stratagem though.

Infantry double-tap Rapid Fire at 18".
Vehicles ignore AP -1.

Yeah thats the worst one so far.
Ah well, not my army, not my problem.

Sadly I'm a WYSIWYG autist and modelling my guys with wargear they can't take would just trigger me.

Oh fuck I remember this doujin

Huh, Well i guess i will be using them if i ever pick up some assault termies. Also can Non-codex space marines use the units that are in codex space marines but not the codex? Like Agressor squads and the such

The are the worst.

user come on, no one needs to know

True general here
Much better than this one

What is it?

Vostroyans have a great stratagem no?

+1 to hit on any unit. Tank, infantry whatever.

I know prescience is great for Chaos. Dunno how good it would be for Guard though.

Aw, that sucks. That seems kind of contrary to the fluff that describes them as highly adaptable, very killy and generally killy motherfuckers who you do not want to mess with
is this contradiction between fluff and crunch why crud is/was so hated?

It's a post heresy invention, they never got it. It's like demanding grav or dreadnought varaints: you aren't spikey loyaltists with extra toys, stop acting like you deserve everything they get and more

It’s a doujin it’s the holy grail of Veeky Forums since not much of it is scanned

Okay that one made me audibly laugh, and I don't do that much

It makes them have 33% more hits. It's amazing

They can kill stuff just fine they just can't take punishment that well.

no Top five squigs
this one is much better

A convoy.