Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

My space dudes could beat up your space dudes edition.

Last >Warhammer Community news(Regiment Focus: Valhalla)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/28/regiment-focus-valhallans-sep28gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00061HJ4S/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Double nigger

Great job Oingo and Boingo, try coordinating your collective autism.

True General here

3 Generals at same time
fucking KEK

Show me what you're working on user. Yes, you.

Asking again, is it gay if I take this model, file off the nips and paint the skin black like a suit.

Im looking for different tech priests for my ad mech list. I dont want a bunch of carbon copies. If anyone knows any cool conversions let me know, but otherwise this looks to be a solid choice.

I think it's cool idea.

Sounds pretty gay. Better model on a giant greenstuff cock in order to dispel any latent homoeroticism.

making shitty pervo models un-pervo is a good thing.

Another 8 of these puppies

user, you're seriously having me consider buy like 3 of those
can you use regular basilisk rules for those, or gun battery only.

anyone have a source on female mandrake models? Not a creep, i just think coed squads look better for dark eldar

easy there, sounds like your forcing your fantasies friend.

anime nerd

What are they called? I know they're a former FW option.

Also, does anyone know the price on Grishnak's SoB models? They don't have prices listed online and I'd prefer not to wait 3 days for a response.

so do you think I should put katanas on them?

Well they arent on a vehicle, and dont have an auxiliary weapon like a heavy bolter on them. So just the earthshaker carriage/platform battery from the Forgeworld AM index. That's what I'm running them as.

As far as new stuff, I just have this shitty test model right now, but it's a concept for my dudes. I have another test model ready to go for after work, where hopefully my paint won't dry so quickly. I like the idea of the white panel with black lightning, but idk if I'll keep it. For the next model, I'm ditching the bronze trim for alternating black and white, so we'll see how that does. For now, here's my shitty dude.

Need a Warband name, still. What's a good name for Night Lords who stumbled on some sort of Malal artifact/script?

Concepting a Dark Eldar Kabal in both appearance and fluff. Thinking of flaying (on oneself and others) as a motiff, and still working on colors. I came up with pic related but someone told me the colors were too bright for dark eldar. Thoughts?

I'd keep the colors but go a shade darker, more so with the blue so the red really pops

user posted this link last thread
amazon.com/gp/product/B00061HJ4S/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

also the Grishnak models are like 50$ for 5 before shipping.

Christmas elves, i love it

Like this?

Well not quite

do we really need 3 generals?

>autosaged
Natural progression
>this one
Made just after the last one, was still hanging around when we were migrating
>other one
Turboautist who's been self-bumping for about 12 hours and crossposting into the actual general for some reason. Report him, we don't want him either.

Damn that's overpriced as fuck.

I swear to god I'm the OP of that one thread the dude keeps posting, no report ploz but people are using it as the general ATM.

I don't really care, but it is a little funny

Wait, have Grishnak's models gone up in price?

I bought a set last year for $28 ($34.5 with shipping) which was pretty okay for 5 well cast resin models.

Played a guard vs traitor guard game tonight and got my teeth kicked in again. Traitors went tank heavy and I went infantry heavy, couldn't deal with all those heavy bolters and his first turn advantage.

Game ended with girlfriend aggro, but it was clear he was going to take the win.

I went to look a few months ago and he was asking for 50$

I love when you post your army my guy, always good to see such a pretty army on the tabletop

Interesting seeing a matchup of infantry vs tanks. Do you have a batrep for us?
Also, what does he use those Rhinos as?

Also I'm sorry about Armageddon

thanks, knowing people enjoy seeing them is why I post them, so it's always nice to hear that

Eversor got the jump on and munched some infantry in the backfield, but it didn't amount to enough to stop the heavy bolter onslought

I guess I could write up a batrep, but it would be pretty boring. He basically drove up to midfield first turn, then we traded 2 shooting phases (which he was winning) before he got The Phonecall.

Pic related was what was left by turn 2, you can already see how depleted the infantry squads are.

>I guess I could write up a batrep, but it would be pretty boring
No need to do it if you think it wouldn't be worth your time. Honestly I just enjoy seeing pics of your army vs whatever you're facing each time, having context on your shots is just a bonus.

>sorry about Armageddon

yeah...I was in a pretty sour mood this morning when I read about the shitty doctrines. I've played mediocre guard a long time so it really shouldn't have hurt as much as it did, but GW really got my hopes up with the other regiments before shitting all over mine.

Oh well. Hopefully with poor rules I won't get as many WAAC-fag accusations, at least.

What ever happened to Grey Gaurd user?

Wait, what were the steel legion rules?

Ignore ap -1 on tanks.
18" rapid fire.

18" rapidfire range on infantry. Vehicles treat -1 AP as 0 AP. Their order lets a squad embark after shooting if they didn't disembark this turn.

Probably left. I don't blame him, this place is a shithole that always ends up abusing anyone who tries to feed it OC. I mean fuck, I don't even see Raptors user around anymore.

SLA is a trooper to stick with us, especially after the Marauder incident.

We only know the doctrine:

All SL vehicles treat AP -1 guns as AP 0 when shot by them (yeah, it's as bad as it sounds)

All infantry rapid fire out to 18" instead of 12"...because you know, a mounted infantry army has so much trouble getting into range.

It's like GW doesn't read their own fluff.

What really gets me is that the other regiments got some really fantastic stuff, too. Catachan get +1 strength? Cadians reroll hits? Valhallans have tanks that never diminish with damage? Tallarn vehicles take no penalties for moving with heavy weapons, and all infantry count non-heavy guns as assault weapons? Jesus. They are amazing...and then Armageddon got a shit sandwich. Pretty much the only bad rules IG got are for my army.

I could definitely go a month or two without seeing it.

++ Tallarn Recon ++

+ HQ +

Tank Command Exterminator: 3x Heavy Bolters

+ Fast Attack +

Scout Sentinels
Scout Sentinel: Autocannon
Scout Sentinel: Autocannon

2x
Scout Sentinels
Scout Sentinel: Multi-laser
Scout Sentinel: Multi-laser

++ Cadian Armored Column ++

+ HQ +

Tank Command Punisher: 3xHeavy Bolters

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Squad
Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter
Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Executioner: Lascannon, Plasma Cannons

Leman Russ Executioner: Lascannon, Plasma Cannons

++ Harakoni Stormtroopers ++

+ HQ +

Tempestor Prime: Rod, Power Fist
Lord Commissar: Plasma Pistol, Power Sword

+ Elite +

Tempestus Command Squad: 3x Plasma Guns, Vox Caster

+ Troops +

4x
Tempestus Scions: 2x Hotshot Volley Guns, 2x Hotshot lasguns, Sgt with Laspistol and Chainsword

+ Transports +

2x
Taurox Prime: Gatling cannon and Volley guns

I think this list looks good, depending on the point changes I will have to add or remove stuff, ideally I'd like to move the recon command tank with the rest of the tanks and replace it with a Lord Commissar.

JESUS

Hey look on the brightside, you won't be accused of being a WAACfag, since your running the one doctrine which isn't amazing

Chart user, why are the harlequins so fucked up? No direct comparison of embrace + shuriken vs. caress + shuriken

Nah, he's still a WAACfag, but now he's a hipster WAACfag for playing the "under powered" regiment.

I don't think ASL will be lacking in power.

Oh wow, that's a pretty hefty price for the set. The models are nice, but given that they're effectively monopose in wildly different poses they're not worth it at that price point.

We'll see. Yarrick is still...ok...a bit pricey, but in the center of a blob with reroll 1s buff is decent. Maybe we'll get a nice order to help soften the blow of a poor doctrine, or a strategy actually worth using.

How the fuck do you guys paint vehicles
Where I'm at I just slather paint on it, neaten it up and try to detail as best as possible, but I see shit like this and get mad jelly

Has the Cadia Stands epub been shared yet?

My vehicles are airbrushed, which is how you get nice camo striping. My opponent's stuff is literally just tan primer, then you slather the entire thing in agrax earthshade with a vehicle brush. It takes him 20 minutes per vehicle.

Where is the storm bolter my dude

The vehicles in that picture are just a flat colour with a wash lazily slapped on as evidenced by the stain/tidemarks. It's incredibly easy but also incredibly ugly, so please don't do that.

Doing oil/pin washes on tanks is not hard at all and an infinitely better result.

If no airbrush, try to find a spray can that matches your base color of choice. If you’re nuts, spray a second color through a mask with a hole in it (for a smaller spray pattern), or just brush with two thin coats.

You don’t have to be as neat with the metallic stuff (tracks, engines, grav plates). Just brush those black, then a dark metallic, then a light metallic drybrush. Maybe mix yourself a rust color by adding some orange. Look at pictures of real tracks, either on tanks or construction vehicles.

Then shade, then highlight.

Then read up on sponge chipping and do it. It’s pretend-chipping by painting metallic (or base color) flakes over your paint. Again, photos of real vehicles help.

Then watch videos about using oil washes. They’re best over gloss varnish (like GW Purity Seal, but don’t use that one because it’s unreliable) and thinned with artist’s spirit (smells less than white spirits). They’re not only great washes, but good for little drips. And they take forever to try (like a day, at least) so they’re really forgiving as long as they’re over a glossy surface. All you need is black, dark brown, a burnt umber one.

For advanced techniques, replace sponge chipping with chipping fluid (like hair spray) and actually chipping off the top coat of paint to reveal a rust-colored coat you put down underneath it.

wtf where are the tracks

wtf geedubs can't even get their own kits right

Would bringing back a restrictive force org chart be good for 40k, or bad?

On the chimera sprue

Thanks for the idea to make my sentinels Tallarn. They might be useful now.

I think I'll have 3 detachments. Tallarn Sentinel outrider detachment. Valhallarn for my Conscripts and Catachan for my main force.

If I were you, I would count your guys as Tallarn on paper, because that makes way more sense for your guys.

What do you mean? A batallion detachment is more restrictive than the previous standard FOC since it requires an extra hq and troop.

If your talking about the alt FOC then no, you get shit cp for marginally improving killing power, batallions and brigades are better..

>WAAC in progress
You're already giving Guard players a bad name by pulling shit like this, you know.

Tallarn can't take Yarrick...and to be honest, I'd feel a bit dirty abandoning my characters to chase better rules.

is that the same for the taurox

What factions are gonna recycle Guard Doctrines? I think Necrons and Tau

I like the scheme, but the paint look thick. Remember, 2 thin coat man.

My own Night Lord splinter warband for reference because why not. Currently repainting my whole army like this so not much is done right now.

Nah, I'm a shit player and I play silly things like tons of Bullgryn and infantry squads and special characters to punch people. I lose like 60% or more of my games. I just include some things that are decent so I don't get shit stomped. I just want Sentinels to move and fire without penalty like how I used them in 7th and I want to use Send in the Next wave like I did in 5th edition. I also want to use Straken and S4 Guardsmen like I did in 5th as well.

So to sum it up, I am recreating my 5th edition list with the edition of Bullgryn and I probably will still lose most of my games.

It has a stormbolter, but no stubber.

>I am recreating my 5th edition list
>5th edition list
>5th
>the edition where Guard were also WAAC

The waac side of Guard in 5th didn't include Conscripts, Straken, Infantry blobs, Ogryn, Sentinels and Rough Riders.

The paint looks thicc because it's a shitty test model and my paint was drying too fast on my pallet. I was also painting over an already painted model, so... Yea... Going to give it a shot tonight with my second test model, which just has the base spray down. Honestly, I'm not 100% sold on the spray, but the color is right.

Now it'll just be scions in taurox and lemans

That lightning looks good dude.

>old horrors of tzeentch
God they were so much more menacing, why did they redesign them?

Sculpts designed for metal casting vs. sculpts designed for plastic casting.

The lesser daemons on offer today are a 4th-5th (don't remember exactly when)edition re-imagining of the derpy first run of models they had. Things like Horrors being swole blobs of face with massive arms, and Daemonette crab claws look so goofy because they're inspired by goofy models.

The older Horrors and obviously Diazmonettes are sculpts that will probably never be surpassed. Bloodletters were merely good, though. I could care less about how they are now compared to back then, and Plaguebearers are basically the same.

Who else is happy shitcrons AkA nu crons AKA REDDIT clowns are about to be thrown into the trashfir thanks to glorious GW cucking and killing all shitty poppy crap crawl """""fluff"""" (more like turdfs lol!!) and shit crunch??

The metal PBs were pretty poorly sculpted. One case where the current plastics are much, much better.

user are you okay?

damn that's a sexy steel legion army. Those tauroxes mustve been brutal to whittled down a guard army that size. How long does it take you to set up? That army is huge.

I'd take a heap of metal PB over the poorly designed plastics that you have to greenstuff together in order to not look like dogshit

You look at that and what do you expect to hear? Screaming? Pain? Nope! Giddy laughter! Old horrors were the best. I'm so glad I have 20 of them.

The bar ever lowers for shit posting

memes have become sentient! KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS US!

We really need to decide if he's Steel Legion user or Armageddon user.

I won't post the marauder again

Thanks. Honestly, I got the technique from Duncan, and poked around here a bit, too. Less is more. That was the general consensus.

I like that btw, and I meant to ask: what IS that? Lord? Praetor?

SLA is a nicer acronym but if he's Armageddon user that lets us shorten it to ArmageddAnon and that's too good to pass up.

As opposed to the old sculpts that look like dog shit no matter what? Come on man, I like a lot of the old models but the plastic plaguebearers are pretty much a straight upgrade from the metal ones.

Armageddanon it is

Her head looks fucking awful