This conversation has been going on on a couple other boards

This conversation has been going on on a couple other boards.
Where does Veeky Forums stand on the whole "beautification" of Orc Girls issue?

Depends on the setting

remember to fap before posting

My interest in Orc Girls extends past simple horniess and deep into concerning autism.

Works in settings like Shadowrun, where they are basically humans. Plus Gobbet was adorable if disgusting. Warhammer Fantasy, I think the orcs are asexual fungi, so not applicable.

Also, I think the buttom tusks are kind of weird in any setting where they aren't channeling pig men.

Tusks are a really cool design element though.
Orcs always feel empty without them.

That's really It. Settings where orcs are the proud warrior race with honor codes and all that shit I see no problem with making them pretty/handsome. But smelly brute dumb savage orcs should just be ugly. Alas, there's still people who would like fug It anyway

This. I like ugly orcs, and i like beautiful orcs. As long as they fit the setting.

Has there ever been a setting where Orcs were supposed to be an attractive race and not just so happened to be drawn attractively?

I think it's retarded in general fantasy, but in specific settings I can understand it.

this

no reason why you can't have smart charismatic orcs if the setting supports it.
shadow-run vs the lord of the rings for example

I like cute girls

Yes, there's this book series where orcs are literally super hot sex demons. Don't remember the name.

My dm ran an orc focused tribal campaign a while back. Was one tribe that frequently used elves as essentially breeding stock, since orc do what orc do. Resulted in that tribe being referred to as beauty orcs by the rest
It was a fun campaign.

Hell, as long as the male Orcs fit with how the females look, I have no issue with it. I tend to prefer my Orcs to be less like Porcs and more like WoW Orcs crossed with Humans. I actually preferred them to have tusks for a long time, but recently I've been eschewing them in favor of them just having more ape-like canine teeth in general. My Orcs now look a lot more like Orsimer from TES, and I prefer them this way because I prefer to do the Shadowrun thing in my fantasy and make Humans the precursor race, instead of the demihumans being the oldest. Of course, that also varies based on what type of game I'm running too. If Porcs would improve the feel of the setting, then that's what I'll use.

The novel Orcs has a half-orc witch that's supposed to be ultra-hot and no man can resist her charms, but I can't say I recall anything else. That book is kinda crap, by the way. So I wouldn't recommend it.

Negatively. I love most kind of orcs but if they're not grotesque then what's the fucking point? Basically no to green she-elves.

Kinda crap? More like utter garbage.

I was trying to be nice, but yes.

>like Orsimer from TES,

Which ones? The old ones that were ugly (because Bethesda and funky old head engines) and were supposed to be ugly (because lore), or the Skyrim-era ones that are much prettier all of a sudden (because fuck the lore, apparently)?

Seriously. I have a high tolerance for cheap writing but *had* to quit that drivel.
Speaking of, can anyone recommend any good novels that focus on orcs? How's Grunts and the Drizz't books (I bought but haven't started those)?

They mostly look like the pic I posted, for the Males. The females have softer features. I didn't want them to look like Neanderthals, and I didn't want them to carbon-copy other source material, but I suppose they'd be the closest to Skyrim Orsimer. I honestly don't have a problem with them looking like they do; I'm not that invested in the TES lore though so take that with a grain of salt.

I made it through the book but refused to read any of the others. It somehow manages to be bland, and at first I was starting to care about the characters but they suddenly became godlike war machines that won all the time and it just became Orcwank, and any development from the first 75 pages just stagnated into drivel. I rarely quit books completely though; I am kinda disgusted with how GoT shaped up but I am still going to finish it if it ever finishes.

I can't help you with the recommendations; I don't read as much as I used to. If my friends weren't all at work I could ask around for you; I know a lot of avid readers.

The Drizz't books are schlock, but the early ones are tolerable enough.

> Be a teenager in small town, Shadowrun
> High school sucks, but you're focused on getting into college
> Study hard, try and disregard alpha bitch harassment
> Mom said puberty was hard for everyone, but you don't think she meant like this
> The awkward growth spurt was hard enough
> But then came the pointed ears
> And the sharp teeth
> And the green skin
> Nearly 6'5" now
> Wear nothing but baggy black sweaters and jeans to hide the muscles
> The alpha bitches don't harass you anymore
> No one does
> Not after you lost it and put Tommy's head through his locker when he tripped you in the hallway
> Now everyone steps aside and just stares
> Just have to make it through the next 2 years
> Head down, grades up

Join a sport team, get scholarships

I'm cool with it so long as it extends to the males in the setting as well.

Try college ball. University of Texas, go pro if you wana.

You have extremely fine taste in orcs sir, Bek is best girl

Is there actually something tied to these or just random OCs because they were all pretty cute.

It's the difference between a classification of monster or a people. I lean towards the former.

As far as I can tell just random OCs. Sunflower is also in the running for cutest orc

Nobody likes looking at uggos unless they're the baddies

Sorry, but we're humans

Cute puppies get adopted, ugly ones get gassed

Grunts is hilairious, but avoid the bowlderized version as it does cut out some important plot elements.

ALL THE OTHER KIDS

while I'm pretty sure it's not HIS art but I have to say it...

DANGIT RUMMY!

My criticism isn't that it was Orcwank because they were hardly orcs at all. They all acted and behaved exactly like regular people (shittily written people) and we even prematurely sensitive to orc prejudice. Orcs wouldn't give a fuck other races hated them because they'd hate them more.
Dude, I'm in the second one now to work up to the orc books and it's so cheap but at least I can finish it.
How can I tell the difference?

Thanks gents, sorry for the delay. Repeating my question for any potential new anons: any orc-focused book recommendations?

They're fucking orcs, the bad fae, nigh-demons. People are free to reinvent I guess but what's the point of calling a bunch of She-Hulk clones orcs when they don't resemble the original usage at all?

Orc women are attractive because their primary attribute is LOYALTY.

This is the prettiest a female orc should be i.e. just well-formed enough for a drunk hillman to hit it. All other femorcs must resort to rape.

That doesn't make any sense to me. There's no way Tolkienian orcs are monogamous.

I fuckin' see you, Scalia. Get the fuck out of here with your originalist arguments.

(But loyalty was also the primary trait of Tolkien's orcs. They simply didn't have sexual dimorphism or, you know, the ability to breed without a wizard's help.)

You don't know what you're talking about. Tolkien confirmed orcs breed in the manner of the Children of Ilúvatar and that they hated their various masters almost as much as they feared them - hardly true loyalty.
Anyway, I'm not so autistic as to think everyone should adhere to Tolkien's version and that's I specified.

It was bound to come up eventually with the way activism has been developing. I think things like this will continue to happen, and some of the free license fantasy settings have been getting to engage in deviant subject matter will be scaled back.
Of course, people will continue on their merry way fantasizing about porking orcs and all manner of other things anyway, so the point is moot. The only actual impact I can see this and similar debates having is a decreased presence of casual sex appeal in the bigger and more popular fantasy settings going forward.

Where did he confirm that?

It wasn't in his published notes.

>My criticism isn't that it was Orcwank because they were hardly orcs at all. They all acted and behaved exactly like regular people (shittily written people) and we even prematurely sensitive to orc prejudice. Orcs wouldn't give a fuck other races hated them because they'd hate them more.
You have a point; if they didn't tell you the protags were Orcs, you'd probably never know.

Dude it's not even an esoteric source - it's chapter 3 of the Valaquenta.

>It was bound to come up eventually with the way activism has been developing. I think things like this will continue to happen, and some of the free license fantasy settings have been getting to engage in deviant subject matter will be scaled back.
>Of course, people will continue on their merry way fantasizing about porking orcs and all manner of other things anyway, so the point is moot. The only actual impact I can see this and similar debates having is a decreased presence of casual sex appeal in the bigger and more popular fantasy settings going forward.

>making orcs sexy was bound to happen
>also activists are taking away deviant subject matter and casual sex appeal

do you people even listen to yourselves?

Exactly. Which brings me to the point I made here: Why call them orcs if there isn't going to be SOMETHING orkishly inhuman about them. I guess it doesn't have to be appearance (though to my tastes it is) but you wouldn't call your half-horse/half-humans orcs, would you?

I'm may not like the results but I favor it happening.

What I really don't like is any particular fantasy element stagnating. See trolls for example. See what happened to LofR after the movies.

Shit my bad I was looking at my physical copy and didn't see the distinction between it and the Quenta Silmarillion but wanted to be specific since there are multiple books within. Anyway, c3 of the QS.

I think he means the other way around and Female Orcs being closer to conventionally attractive humans than their monstrous male counterparts will come under harsher scrutiny as time advances.

> She-Hulk clones

Don't make her WAAAAUUUUGGHH. You wouldn't like her when she's WAAAAUUUGGHHHHing.

Disgusting.

I would worship whichever god could turn my gf into a greenskin.

It's worse than that.
Cute pandas get donations, ugly eels get ignored. Both are endangered

Oh Jesus, it's spreading! They just keep eating all the meat and painting things red, screaming that it makes them go faster.

My headcanon is that orcs are crazy protective of their women like Arabs and Mongols are

People from regions high in resource scarcity tend to have more females born and more mate-guarding behaviors from the men

Your post says no, but your image says yes, except I'm not even sure how that works exactly.

Personally, I don't think we should be trying to "save" endangered species unless they just happen to be ridiculously useful to us like bees.

Throughout the whole history of our world, species would become extinct due to no longer being good enough for their environment. There is no good reason for us to mess with that unless we need them to stick around.

Pandas are a special case because they're pretty important for the chinese, regardless of being cute.

Just because she arouses me doesn't me I think she should be called an orc.

No man, I meant how do skeletons do wieners.

With their boner

>he doesn't even know how bones work
user, you are a failure to your people.

That's kind of a shortsighted view -- the primary cause of extinction today is human destruction of habitats. The current rate of extinction has reached a level not seen since the last major extinction event, and it's only happening due to our actions. It may have some serious consequences for our way of life, too.

So what I'm hearing is there are going to be lots of undead missing a femur.

I guess somewhere in between.

So what do orc girls use for eyeliner/mascara? Charcoal and spit?

Something that Mark Anthony used.

>implying that's not an elf in greenface

Don't look orcish enough to me. Those tusks are probably fake, too. Damn racist elves.

Egyptians used crushed rocks and plants for eye shadow and lipstick.

...What other boards have you been on?

Honestly, I'm fine with female orcs looking decent, but then, I favor settings where they aren't basically demon-ridden monsters. Nothing wrong with a woman being hot if she wants to be, even if she comes from a species where "women's work" is gutting porkers with their bare hands and eating the raw offal is one of the perks of doing so.

Orc girls use the blood of their enemies, duh.

That's for blush and eye shadow.

Orc girls are for snuggles and balls-to-clit anal sex

> Hey boi. Hey boi! Look good in them jeans. Now come over here and fuck me in the ass. Emmm. Grr.

> Slow down, you're gonna mess around and come to fast. You'll make me mad and I'll clench my butt chicks and rip your dick off.

>balls-to-clit anal sex

Do you not know where the clit is, or do you just have really long floppy balls? Because either way, that's hilarious.

If you're not slapping clit in doggy style, you aren't fucking hard enough.
>not hitting that shit with the white hot force of a thousand nukes

On which side of the vagina do you think the clitoris is? You hit it in doggy style because you usually have your penis in the vagina in doggy style. Its okay if you've never had sex user

You didn't answer my question.

In my games orcs are basically klingons. Real big on honor and strength. They're generally nomadic hunters, but some permanent settlements exist. They are, for the most part, happy to be left the fuck alone, but they tend to have bad reputations among "civilized" races because they also tend to be loud, boistrous, and all too happy to flaunt their strength.

not everyone is a fuccboi twink with a small sack

Yeah, you're def a virgin.

GM is that you? Can I go to kill orcs now?

>damage control intensifies

You're not fooling anybody, user.

I'm not presently running a game, so no, I'm not your DM.

You know, if tel-amhothlans - the orc/elf hybrids from Kingdoms of Kalamar - got a mainstream D&D counterpart, would that technically make attractive orc women more acceptable?

An example of what that might look like.

And an alternative.

>Orcs are supposed to be nocturnal raiders because it's scary, or something
>Gnolls are also nocturnal raiders, are stronger than orcs, scarier than orcs, and fit the role better than orcs

The concept of "the orc" was improved greatly by Warcraft.

Anti-pretty orkesses user here.
Yeah but not as pretty as these. I'd accept .

Gnolls can't be cockney; yer a fag.

Sure they can. In fact, I think I like the image of a gnoll baring its teeth while speaking its unintelligible gnoll language (cockney english) much more appealing than an orc doing it.

First thread I can think of where this was posted and it was an accurate answer. Though not an adequate answer until elaborated upon by