STANDARD THREAD

STANDARD THREAD

Here's a BW tokens deck I've been messing around with, I think it's still pretty weak but I'm 80% sure Zealous Persecution will be reprinted next set, which will help a lot.

3x Bontu, the Glorified
2x Angel of Invention
1x Crested Sunmare

4x Fatal Push
4x Legion's Landing
4x Servo Exhibition
2x Rallying Roar
4x Start // Finish
4x Cast Out
4x Annointed Procession
4x Call to the Feast

4x Shefnet Dunes
4x Concealed Courtyears
1x Cradle of the Accursed
9x Plains
6x Swamp

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ur-enigma-drake-ixalan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

who driven // despair here?
I've been playing a one-of in GB Energy and they never see it coming

I'm going with UB Pirates since it's got that Faeries feel to it.

4 Unsummon
3 Fatal Push
4 Siren Stormtamer
4 Fathom Fleet Captain
4 Daring Saboteur
2 Siren's Ruse
4 Ruin Raider
1 Pirate's Cutlass
3 Lookout's Dispersal
4 Dreamcaller Siren
3 Hostage Taker

7 Island
5 Swamp
4 Fetid Pools
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Unclaimed Territory

So far it's been pretty effective at beating the midrange decks that plague the field. Unsummon is a complete house honestly.

Sirens ruse is really good synergy with Dreamcaller and Hostage Taker

It seems like multiple crested sunmares would do far more than multiple Bontus.
Also, no hidden stockpile in an anointed procession deck?

I You're probably right, I got a couple playtest games by draining opponent with bontu, the menace helps as well, but since hidden stockpile replaces any sacrified creature and adds multiples with procession, it could be a better fit. Outside of the vampires, the only lifegain is bontu though, which makes more sunmares without bontu a little rough

meant for

You've got 2 playsets of cards making life linking shitters and angel of invention, making 10 cards including a reusable one. Might be too little but it seems like quite a bit, depends on how your games run

It's underrated with Ruin Raider.

>tfw ixalan comes out today
>tfw was going to go to my LGS and buy a box
>check LGS group late last night
>some drama has happened but idk what it is, but the employee I thought was the owner and is chill as fuck has been FIRED somehow
>everyone saying the real owner is a dick and how they'll follow the employee to a new store
>feel conflicted because I don't know what the fuck happened but I like employee and owner and the store is walking distance from my apartment
>don't know if I even really want to buy a box from there anymore

AAAAAA I JUST WANTED TO CRACK A DINOBOX AND REBUILD MY CONTROL LIST FOR NEW STANDARD THIS ISN'T HOW IT WAS MEANT TO HAPPEN

siren's ruse is apparently an underrated card generally since it's breaking even legacy

>buying boxes to build decks
user NO. Don't fall for the box jew, you could put the 80-100 you were gonna spend on the box directly into the cards for your control deck. Especially when wincons like Torrential Gearhulk are 15 a piece

yeah dude I know all that shit I have my gearhulks and my gideons I just wanted an excuse to crack a box and i'm upset about my stupid lgs

If yu want an excuse to crack a box organise a phantom draft with friends

That won't give him that sweet, sweet gambler's high, though. user is a whale. He's the sort of personality they sell loot boxes and microtransactions to in video games. He, like most people who "buy boxes" purely to crack packs for constructed, are complete and hopeless addicts and nothing will ever convince them to get help.

Im considering to play merfolks what cards do I need in this expansion that will make them viable.

are you fucking knuckleheads incapable of reading or just dense i'm upset that shit has happened with my LGS I don't care about the god damn box so much as I wish that the owner and employee didn't fucking have a falling out and now I feel like I don't have a local store home to even play in anymore FUCK

We don't care about your insipid personal drama, we care more about berating your poor life choices, you idiot.

Would a Grixis Pirate deck work in Standard? And if so what would be a good win condition? I don't see Revel being reliable, and outside of going wide with Fathom Fleet Captains and playing Admiral Beckett Brass to pump everything I don't see a true win condition there.

Excuse me?

Honestly, Grixis is unnecessary when UB is excellent with a much better mana base.

a slow meme deck that can't deal with chalices isn't "breaking" legacy anytime soon

Sounds reasonable, I was thinking that as well, and had brewed something janky.

4x Siren Stormtamer
2x Deadeye Tracker
4x Fathom Fleet Captain
4x Hostage Taker
2x Kitesail Freebooter

4x Lookout's Dispersal
2x March of the Drowned
4x Siren's Ruse
4x Cancel
4x Duress

11x Swamp
11x Island
4x Drowned Catacomb

Would I be better off dropping the Trackers for two more Freebooters to slow down/cripple opponents plays. Also have no idea on a side board.

Is there any reason not to run UW Approach now that we get Opt, Spell Pierce, and Azcanta?

My list at the top of this thread has been slaying midrange at my LGS and holding its own against Ramunap.

the deck plays chalices I believe user

Siren's Ruse has an actual shopping list of shit it does.

1. 2 mana draw a card if nothing else
2. Counter a removal spell while drawing a card
3. Surprise blocker
4. Time walk with the 4 mana Siren
5. Reset Hostage Taker to 3 for 1 your opponent AGAIN
6. Puts Revolt online

How is it being used?

with the masque era pirates that destroy permanents when they etb, and chalice + some other hate cards

?
I dont get the synergy?

What do you guys think about my Naya tokens idea

4x Oviya Pashiri
4x Master Trinketeer
4x Pia Nalaar
4x Shaper's Sanctuary
4x Abrade
3x Anointed Procession
4x Growing Rites of Itlimoc
3x Makeshift Munitions
4x Walking Ballista
2x Settle the Wreckage

Magical land package goes here

Think it can work?

Looks solid, but besides walking ballista what are the growing rites of itlomoc for? True,you can make a whole bunch of green mana but if you don't have walking ballista, I don't see it as that good.

I'm considering swapping Pia for Sundering Spineback, but the idea is that Itlimoc can tap for exactly enough mana to sac everything through Makeshift Munitions.
This way, even if they try to Settle my token swarm, I can still hit them for large amounts of damage

Really want to see if a gw big butts deck could work.
Ripjaw
Gw bronto
W human dork
Ankylo
Archer
W dino digger
Etc...
Stall out with a wide board of blockers and get the digger for bronto to turn them butts big
Just wondering if a a butt takes dmg does the dino deal dmg equal to the new toughness after a fight or full butt damage?

Damage doesn't change toughness, rather toughness indicates how much damage a creature can take. Only x/-1 effects/counters can decrease toughness

Fight cards don't work with the brontodon effect...

Aye, but that wasn't the question

Honestly it's fucking fantastic as a card, I'm shocked it doesn't see more play.

just building bullshit white weenie with Territorial Hammerskull in slot 3

That grixis control on hareuya looks neat but I wonder how it will fare against dinosaurs and RUG energy

What are the chances of UB Pirates becoming a real T1 deck?

I'm asking to decide if I should buy it ASAP or wait a bit.

I dont know about T1, but UB pirates should be the second most popular new deck behind GR/Naya Dinos. If pirates dont work out for you, then you can easily change it to UB Favorable Winds as well.

The win con is to be aggro as fuck and use the guy that cuts their life by 1/3 to finish out the game. Many of the pirates have flying for evasion as well.
My problem with pirates is if you get board wiped you lose and no god like hazoret that's tricky to kill.

desu I'm just glad Lighting Strike and Shock are in the same format again. Time to be as cancerous as I was back in early Theros

Mono red or RG Dinsosaurs for Dallasopen tomorrow?

Depends what your list is for RG dinos. I imagine everyone is expecting to face lots of RDW since it hardly lost anything.

R/G, everyone and their mother has side deck cards for mono-red.

Kinda a snapshot of what I
Thinking. It will of course have Otepec and Drover.

Oh and 2 Chandra.

I would drop the blasting cannons for a playset, or at least 3 abrades if you have any. You'll be lucky to cast two spells in a turn to activate it unless you get a lucky 2x commune and 1x stomp in your hand. Also bump up stomp to a playset. Not sure about Hunter in the mainboard but if UB flying pirates or winds are a thing he will be helpful.

Yeah hunter will probably be sideboards.

For the main I was thinking 3-4 Abrade and 4 Lighting Strike. Maybe Glorybringer also?

I dont think you need both abrade and strike, but abrade is maybe slightly better since I think a lot of artifact dependent decks think they are "safe" post rotation.

A couple Glorybringers are alright but they dont have much synergy with dinosaurs, you could just use Charging Monstrosaur instead or even 1-2 Rhonas's to give your non-tyrant dinos trample

I like the Rhonda. During a discussion at FNM I we talked about walking ballista in the deck. I might be retarded but I don't see a real reason for it outside of a few in the side deck.

A few people at my LGS have also brought it up, mostly because you can ping your raptor to draw a card but I think its a bit of a waste in the mainboard just as a draw mechanic. Maybe in a GB constrictor deck.

It allows you to stave off mono red also. Which was one of the plus sides of the card. I have also thought about metallic mimic in the deck. Giving Dinos a little more bang for the buck.

why, why WHY are fatal push and anointed procession $6 each. It's just so wrong.

I almost feel bad for having a playset of FNM Fatal Pushes.

Wait since when is procession 6 dollars?

For a while now. I can't remember when they went up. I got my playset when they were dirt cheap.

shocking really, considering it's going to be cycled in 2018. as a new player it's kind of disheartening. in fact some of the mark-ups seem pretty cynical. carnage tyrant should never be 20$ - such an absurd card for new players but easily proxied

>love amonkhet and hou draft
>draft is now ixalan for next year

welp, playing standard and beginning sultai EDH now I suppose.

also U or UB control is way too powerful. Why does blue get all the fun cards...

I've waited until BFZ/SOI rotated to start building proper standard decks. What's the meta shaping up to be? Do grixis control and UBRG energy still look good?

Temur energy, ramunap red, and some sort of dinosaur deck are most likely going to be the early season top listers.

Oh, it must've been for the UW monument decks. I'm pretty sure they'll go up a bit further if Rivals brings better support for vampire or BW token strategy

>Swap my game trails with rootbound crags for 5 tix
>Standard tax paid
>Gruul Energy still has 65% win rate
>Temur Energy still the best deck.

ok

Honestly I'm very confident in it after brewing my own list and beating midrange decks at my LGS with it. You've got plenty of 1 mana disruption for your board now in the form of Spell Pierce and Duress to take care of those pesky Fumigates. Some of the synergies in the deck are insane.

I think I'm going to run drake haven mono blue. With locust god splash. Favorable winds is a big help.

The problem with anthem effects is the question of would playing a creature do more for your board. In the majority of situations, you're better off playing a creature. I'd like to remind you that the last time Favorable Winds was in Standard that Lingering Souls was too, and nobody looked twice at it.

And UW Control.

What's standard looking like sknce it had its on-again-off-again shitstorm sets rotate out? Wanna play colorless, but I've got no idea what I should be planning around. Here's a rough draft, lacking many answers, since I don't know what needs answering yet:

2x Consulate Skygate
4x Cultivator's Caravan
4x Foundry Inspector
4x Hierophant's Chalice
4x Hostile Desert
4x Inventors' Fair
4x Key to the City
4x Manalith
4x Metalwork Colossus
4x Mirage Mirror
2x Night Market Guard
4x Painted Bluffs
2x Prophetic Prism
4x Scavenger Grounds
4x Servo Schematic
2x Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
4x Sunscorched Desert

can your deck beat last standards temur energy's best draws or kill them before their curve?

if not then you need to go back to the drawing board.

I think vampires and merfolk will need to sit out until Rivals but this is the best I could come up with for vampires. I'm not sure about the deserts though.

4x Vicious Conquistador
4x Gifted Aetherborn
4x Metallic Mimic
4x Adanto Vanguard
3x Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
4x Sanctum Seeker

4x Legion's Landing
4x Fatal Push
3x Cast Out
3x Call to the Feast

4x Concealed Courtyard
4x Ifnir Deadlands
4x Shefnet Dunes
4x Unclaimed Territory
6x Swamp
2x Plains

>Beat 4 decks playing the crappy new cards
>Lose to temur energy at 4-0 due to low end variance

"""new""" standard guys

Yeah energy was a mistake, just suck it up for one more year and hope all futures sets will be similar quality to amonkhet and ixalan

Just fuckin buy the box if you want to do it now. You shouldn't suffer because some unrelated drama.

Making a curse/ torment deck
10x Swamp
9x Island
4x Drowned Catacomb

4X fatal push
4X opt
4X Harsh Scrutiny
4X Champion of Wits
4X mana leak
3X supreme will
3X doomfall
3X Yahenni's Expertise
2X Baral's Expertise
4X Torment of scarabs
2X Torment of hailfire

I have the torrential gearhulks but I'm wondering if B/W would be better for fumigates, cast out and tocatli honor guard ect

energy's a fun inclusion imho.

Does anyone know what the name of that B spell that gives -4/-4 for a turn? Looking around but can't seem to find it? Seems cheap and w/ good removal/ synergy

Grasp of Darkness, it rotated out

yep, thanks for that

We lost so much early removal for those cards though. Opt is nice, but it doesn't make the deck immediately strong and playable

am i the only one who's afraid of approach of the second sun? It feels way too good with the new cards.

It's really not. It's traded some of its core, early game removal for better draw engines and an instant speed board wipe that's relatively easy to play around, at least for aggro. It's certainly not a dead deck, but i don't think it's tier 1 either

if you go jeskai you get poorman's blt, or black for push, i don't think early game interaction is a problem this standard. But i am not much into standard and i don't really know how it will turn out, just throwing ideas.

also playing around settle means you deal less damage per turn and it's easier to control you and the life total.

I guess that settle does make a big difference, but I was thinking of playing the deck without splashing r or b

i doubt that's viable now, i don't know how good a tricolour base cna be done in standard, but i think it's needed for the new approach, but the biggest difference is not settle, azcanta is fucking crazy in approach, one more dig per turn and you can flip it to fetch the approach from the top 4. I also (and that's just me, not sure at all about this) like the 5 mana treasure spawner counterspell.

Question is, if you play approach with sunbirds invocation, does the effect resolve and put approach 7th and then allows you to dig 7 and cast approach again for free?

Has anyone else tried building a deck with this guy in it?

I'm trying a B/R afflict deck with key to the city and use cards like doomfall off Wildfire eternal

Are there any cards in Ixalan that can make this deck less dog shit than it's looking right now?

no, trigger goes first while sun is on the stack, but with a bit of luck you could be able to double sun like that

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ur-enigma-drake-ixalan/
Please give advice

>When you out play ranameme red and they just top deck hazoret when you have them dead next turn

Can we just ban all of Kaladesh block? I really don't want it to be in standard until fucking Q4 of next year.

Guys i made this deck with my stuff i got from pre-release, I placed Five and got 19 boosters frot it.
Wadda ya think of a budget deck and how to improve it?

4x kinjalli's caller
4x nest robber
4x Raptor companion
4x kinjalli sunwing
4x skyterror
2x imperial aerossaur
1x burning sun avatar
2x raptor hatchling

4x cartouche of zeal
2x Trial of solidarity
4x lightning strike
4x shock

1x Huatli

20 basic lands - plains and mountains

Why do you think it will? Because dipshits keep saying that Red and Temur lost very little? Like nigger please, 4 potential tribal decks just entered the fold. Pirates have already caused a ripple in Legacy, and some of the new pirates are VERY good cards.

The entire energy package is too boring and too strong. It's basically been tier 1 the entire time Kaladesh has been around. I'd rather have a new standard then "Energy Standard part 3 I hope it doesn't get banned this time edition"

I don't even wanna see that faggoty mechanic in tier 2 decks.

I've been slaying Temur at my LGS with UB Pirates though, so honestly you're just being a faggot.

>Very new player
>Only cards I have are from Ixalan prerelease
Can I make any sort of deck with this?

Cool anecdote. It just so happens I've been slaying UB pirates with energy at might LGS hur hurr.

If that's your best argument then I'd recommend jumping in front of whatever bus comes by your LGS

So some random faggot on the internet spews doom and gloom speculation about how nothing in Ixalan is going to get played in Standard, and we just have to sit here and never once even try and stop the torrent of bullshit?

Honestly? No. The best thing you can do is ask your LGS owner is he's a cool dude to help you make something playable out of both what you have, and some commons and uncommons the store has.