Modern RPG games!

Modern RPG games!

>D20 Modern/The Modern Path(PF's D20 Modern remake)
>Gurps with Hi Tech
>Twilight 2000/2013
>Modern 20
>COC
>Friday Night Firefight
>Ops and Tactics
>Spycraft
>Phoenix Command
>Savage Worlds

What is your favorite and why? What do you hate and why?

Picture only slightly related.

Phoenix Command is my favorite, even if it's a bit of a guilty pleasure. I love the mechanical gameplay and the massive crunch, though the rulebook can be obtuse and difficult to understand, not to mention the ballistics are seriously dated and there's a painful amount of american bias.

>Gurps with Hi Tech
You seem to have forgotten magic, horror and zombies!
But I digress. GURPS is my go-to, and it just finds that sweet spot between lethal, luck, and laughs

>D20 Modern/The Modern Path(PF's D20 Modern remake
I hated these two; d20 is very rough and swingy, BAB vs AC doesn't feel very realistic, armor as AC doesn't feel real, damage didn't feel threatening, lack of facing rules sucked....I could go on for awhile.

Ops and Tactics did alleviate some of that, what with improving armor and AC, upping the damage and adding facing rules, but how bad was the original example with armor? was it like original DnD where you end up with crazy high AC and dodge bullets all day?

Hero System.

>people mention Hero System ever

Savage Worlds though my favorite way to play a modern setting is in the 1920s.

That is correct.

Yes, as well, gunplay was limited to "Shoot a guy with one bullet for an attack"
You couldn't hose down an area with bullets without a feat
You couldn't get bonuses from high rate if fire without a feat
You couldn't shoot point blank and hit no matter what, that was an attack roll with a d20, which meant the very likely possibility of failure

so much of that game is locked down behind level tiered feats and chains of feats....its preposterous

Dogs of W*A*R

It's a Barbarians of Lemuria hack but meant for A-Team/G.I. Joe commando operations instead of sword'n'sorcery.

Savage Worlds is a shitty system that tries too hard to reinvent the wheel. The exploding die and raise mechanics make any form of encounter balance/planning impossible. A rank 1 novice can one-shot a dragon with lucky die rolls using his fist. The system boasts that bennies are used for "cool things" like players changing narrative or pulling off impossible stunts, but players just hoard them for use as extra hit points. The chase system (any iteration of it) is an absolute shit storm of retardation. The 3-wound limit is just plain bad game design. The community is full of sad 40-something-year-old zealots who foam at the mouth at any notion of house ruling the assy mechanics. Shotguns are utterly broken and despite having the same average damage as a rifle, end up dealing twice as much because of exploding dice. The entire game works on a fucktarded tabletop scale so you either have to use miniatures for EVERY combat or have fun doing extra math every time you want to figure out range penalties.

It's like the worst parts of FATE and GURPS put together, with none of the upsides. Don't play it. Leave it in the trash where it belongs.

Your pasta's getting stale faggot.

>High autism:
GURPS.

>Low autism:
Savage Worlds.

>Please be patient, I have autism:
D20 Modern.

Her head looks too small for her body, but her neck seems fine. Or is it just me?

This sounds pretty good, I quite like Barbarians of Lemuria.

her neck can fit either her head or body. Actually it's a bit too big for her head.

Didn't want to start an entire thread for my question and this seems the best place to ask it.

I'm a bit overwhelmed in searching for a system at the moment. I'm going to be running a Fallout campaign, as well as my first campaign, about a group of Ranges spreading branching into the east. It's going to have a focus on survival, so equipment weight and a way to work in food and water is a high priority. I just don't know where to start looking. Any ideas?

Twilight 2000 is a game focused on nuclear wasteland survival, so I bet you could easily adapt that. You could go the original Fallout route and try using GURPS.

I was thinking about GURPS for that reason. I'll take a look at Twilight 2000 though

Her neck is exactly the correct proportion, actually. 1/2 head width and length (chin drops over the neck, hiding some of it). Her head is a little small for her body, but for art purposes it is correct (actual height is 6 1/2 heads, but 7 or 7 1/;2 is acceptable for art purposes. thigh length=torso length, and calf is slightly smaller. hand=facial coverage (only to hairline) and hands reach to just past crotch level (accounting for diagonal positioning to cradle gun).

I wouldn't recommend that. Twilight 2000 is based around being harshly realistic, which Fallout is not.

Maybe you could try Mutant Year Zero, if you don't use the mutations it's pretty much Fallout.

My favorite system is Cyberpunk 2020's FNFF. It's simple, deadly and complex all at the same time. It's also extremely easy to tweak to suit your personal DM's need - you can add or remove as much detail as you want.

I also like the systems of Delta Green's new edition, Kult, and Over the Edge because they are fairly simple.

Twilight 2000 is solid, in the sense that it offers a seamless system that works perfectly for man vs. man, man vs. vehicle, and vehicle vs. vehicle. For this, it is clearly superior to vanilla Cyberpunk 2020, where the use of heavy weapons isn't that great (but you can make it pretty good, too by using rules found in Mekto Z Plus).

I have no particular opinion about GURPS (everything GURPS does, Cyberpunk 2020 does, too but more simply), or Savage Worlds.

A system I hate is D20. God, I hate this retarded pile of dog shit. It has absolutely everything I hate: character classes, character levels, feats, a crunchy system full of charts and modifiers, unrealistic combat...