/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Total War No Sleep Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WHFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WHFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ
WHFRPG 2nd Edition Random Character Generator silverghost.me.uk/wfrp/
WHFRPG 4th Edition Project cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/14-undying-dynasties
Bretonnia Alternative: tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/64-kingdom-of-equitaine
Beastmen- tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/82-beast-herds
Vampires: tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/25-vampire-covenant
Bretonnians/Empire alternatives: fireforge-games.com/hobby/miniature-galleries/miniatures

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Total War Warhammer II : store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread

First for the Druchii and Naggaroth!

Someone posted here that the chaos gods actual names are forbidden knowledge and if spoken, they answer. Is this legit? Or just someone's head canon? If legit, are there any snippets of lore or anything about these (assuming few) moments where the name was uttered?

what
doesn't this just end up being a copy of the Veeky Forums general?

sounds like bullshit derived from different northern tribes and cultures having different names for the same Gods

Sounds like fan-fic.

In-universe (both in WHFB and 40k) the chaos gods names "true names" are the names we the audience know (khorne, slaanesh, nurgle, tzeentch). They go by a lot of fake/alternate names and pronunciations though.

Because there is a tabletop game and lore to be had. And on some level it's scary to see Warhammer threads filled with little more than Veeky Forums memes, like the 'Warhammer Fantasy' thread still up right now. You can't even really try to discuss lore there.

I don't know if those are their true names or just the most commonly used.

That said, the language of gods and daemons, Anoqeyån, has objective meaning. So perhaps there is a 'right' way to say their names.

It was packed with it before, but I guess a launch shits any general up a little
rip /mhg/

Don't know about that, but in a couple 40k novels I've read, saying or hearing the names of the Chaos gods can cause loyalists to feel ill or cringe at there potently of the mere utterance.

Why is mark of nurgle so bullshit?

HAVE SOME GRENADES RAT FUCKING SHITS !!!

It's really annoying that the other races aren't available for TW2 yet. It'd be real fun to play a chokepoint battle hoarding dwarfs as skaven

When?

We need to wait until Feb propably. Idea about merged map is great on paper, but if they would put it at the launch, people would bash them for AI turns taking forever

>finish the Skaven campaign
>the Skaven Horned God walks the earth
>still not a total victory for the Skaven
>the races fight on and the Skaven victory is not assured

Justify this.

>Justify this.
It doesn't need to be justified.

It does.

Why?

For reasons.

Caledor will return from the vortex to banish it. Mark my words

>Man-things live in peasant hovels
>Skaven have mastered space travel

lmaoooooooo

But did the pilot survive?

For what reasons?

Important ones

he died doing what he loved

Then name them
Also, I fucking hate Tyrion, but his campaign are comfy as fuck

Too obvious to name.

Yet still, please, name them

I am not here to educate you.

This poster is Tzeentch trolling loyal followers of sigmar. Do not respond

>CA made better plot than GW durring the whole 7ty and 8th editions

I thought it was pronounced Drew-chi, not dru-ki

>comfy
>other elves are opportunistic jews
>norscans level eastern ulthuan
>druchii to the north conquering the chracians
>elves to your west exist only to cockblock you
>if allying someone they drag you into wars but never fight enemy armies
>only ever move armies to settle your razed land or take vaul's anvil

I'm going for a third try of blitzkrieging the Shrine of Assuryan and Caledor. Waiting a single turn means that elf shitters will jew you.

"Lo! The comet hath returned! Praise be to Sigmar!"
"Wait...do you hear something too?"
>faintly
"Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah"

>make alliance with Ellyrion
>spend everything on busting relatonship with Nagarythe
>btfo delves from the shrine of Khaine together

So how is Total War?
Never played a game in the series and I can't say I'm very good at RTS or even MOBA's when there is too much shit going on at once.
But TWW 2 has both Skaven and Lizardmen (and DElves can be kinda cool too), so I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Sounds like the standard human fear of magic. In many cultures it's for example taboo to say 'bear' in fear of summoning one. In swedish we have a lot of 'nicknames' for the devil for this reason as we have a tendency toward religious cursewords.

I always thought that it was pronounced 'druch-i-i'.

this desu

It's really good imo. Still hate the fact that they removed the diplomatic option to trade cities though.

It's not anything like a RTS or MOBA desu. For one there's a pause-button allowing you to take your time. Secondly it's very much about battle lines (allthough not as much as in the earlier games) meaning that you don't have to pay attention to everything at once as your line of infantry should be able to keep the enemy at bay for atleast a while while you focus on the flanks.

R8 my FUN
Black Orc Warboss, boar, shield, dawnstone and other stuff

Somekinda Orc shaman

Maybe a goblin shaman

Orc big bosses, some 2 or 3 of them

for core I'll pad it out with piles of Boyz with choppa choppa, or Savage Orc boyz with choppa choppa

Special, boar boyz and maybe something else

Rare: Stone trolls baby, lots of them
each unit is joined by a big boss so they don't fuck up stupidity as much

big bosses will get some protection so they keep the trolls in line, also someone will be a bsb

>tfw no death hag waifu

oh, and this'll round out to some 2k points in total

Should be interesting, how are going to use trolls, behind the core, or behind the boar boyz?

behind / on the flanks of core
Hoping to tie down an enemy with one unit and flank smashing them with another
Every unit deals good damage from all directions and with the shaman in there it'll be some nice 1-ups for the plebs

Watching alot of battle reports lately. Are 8th ed ogres OP? I'm just watching them splatter chaos warrior mobs, use decent spells, and have some insane cavalry. I couldn't imagine my skaven even touching them without magic and artillery.

Best way to deal with them? Poison? Initiative tests?

Ogres are strong but wouldnt call them OP
initiative tests are excellent, poison worked pretty well when I played against them as Wood Elves
Doomwheels should zipzap ogres down nicely I'd imagine, as would cannons
The worst thing about fighting Ogres is that fucking cannon. Fuck ironblasters. Since a lot of Ogre players like running a deathstar meatbus, you could try pinning it down with slaves and then zipzapping the ogres while they squish slaves
I haven't played skaven myself but I've fought skaven a plenty so these are my thoughts

reminder that ogre wizards are allowed to take armour items because they're allowed to take ironfists

It varies a bit by writer, but generally the names of the Dark Gods are known only to those with an academic, sorcerous, or religious bent. A common pleb knows them only as daemons, the Daemon Gods, the Dark Gods, or the Old Dark...but it's not exactly well-hidden knowledge.

The Dark Gods DO hear when you say their names, and often this evokes a response. Not always a manifestation by a daemon or anything so extreme, but a creepy feeling, glass inexplicably breaking, milk souring, etc. - these things could be expected. Names have power. Even in real religions, saying a god's name was often considered unwise or sometimes outright blasphemous.

Oh, and to your last question, I recall a short story about a woman who called out to Nurgle as she was dying of a disease and got an immediate response, and another that tried to forsake him only to be dragged screaming into the grave of her murdered husband.

Who got the shorter end of the stick, Wood Elves or Bretonnia? I'm not asking from a fluff perspective, but from a change-of-the-rules-during-editions perspective. It looks really bad for the Wood Elves, who went from pretty good to lol archers, but Bretonnia is up there with them with the changes to cavalry and how blocks of infantry dominated later on.

Do we have any information of a planned Bretonnia army book that got canned because of End Times shenanigans?

>yfw a fucking video game developer came up with a better, smarter BBEG plot for Warhammer with a cooler twist than GW

afaik they were going to get some monstrous stuff Empire style but thats about it

The release date for WFRP 4e from Cubicle 7 will be announced October 23rd.

Skaven suck. There that wasn't so hard.

even with their old book, bretonnia is stronger than welves in 8th, sadly

I can't remember: do sheilds give any parry type saves against arrows? You'd really think it should from the front

The Horned Rat is sitting back in the vortex, cheese-ratting off of the aethyric energy there. One assumes that if he functions anything like a daemon, wandering around would lessen his stability and increase the odds that he could be banished. Thus, the mortal servants will still be doing the heavy lifting, which is fine by the big guy's standard - he enjoys skaven suffering.

They debuff the BS test for the shooter in WFRP 2e.

what game though
in WHFB, no, you cant parry arrows but it does up your armour save by 1

please tell me this is real, I still haven't played tw2, but if I understood it right the skaven tricked everyone into action with a fake comet?
hilarious

but for what purpose?
also do the campaigns have different endings or we have a canon one?

yeah, which is a tad odd.

the way I think of the parry save is in melee you block stuff with your shield and parry/deflect stuff with your sword.
Other than elves, I wouldn't expect normal people to be able to cut arrows or bullets from the air

If you want shields to mean something, play WFRP. WFB isn't designed for nitty gritty things, it's designed for fun mass combat.

Yea was talking tabletop. With the talk of welves, I just remember the mad dash of trying to get into melee right away. Whole fucking army had ranged, and even if they were subpar, 6's can still show.

To destabilize the Vortex and to get everyone doing rituals so they could cheese-rat the magic away and use it for their overall plan.

eternal guard sure get a fearsome 5+ against shooting since LA+S, but the other thing I can think of that gets shields are Wild Riders for that 6+ 6++, since i dont think they they have LA but can buy shields

nvm im retarded, they're LA and mounted for 5+, shield for 4+

I meant against them. Sure the we've army wasn't that hreat, but that first shooting phase could be rough with a little luck. My slaves would often take huge hits unless I had cover.

Agghhh...

Alrighty, gotta remember that Welf bows are AP so slaves dont get a save, methinks? They dont have armour right? Just a shield? although if they have a shield and light armour its indeed 6+. Oh and black rats get a 4+ against shooting since they're HA + shield, just cant use halbers and shields together in melee
Everything's -1 from the welf bows tho

I dont know im rambling at this point

or stormvermin would be 5+ since 4+ goes down to 5+

I think Mazdamundi is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills Skaven and doesnt afraid of anything.

shiiit they added kill animations like this into TWWH2?

>tfw

I really like that little spin Mazdamundi does

I like how CA instinctively seem to catch the balance between pattability and savagery for the skaven juuuust right.

AAAGGGGHHHHH!

thats just flavour text to continue playing.

is this the power of autism?

THE SKAVEN HORDE ON A OPEN FIELD NED

What is this epic Veeky Forums meme?

>vg

user....

I know it's from GoT but I saw it on Veeky Forums just now.

SOMEBODY SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS BEFORE I PISS MESELF

Barak-Varr?
Also, fucking love cube-drakkar

Anyone know where I can get some good scans of the battle magic cards?

We have a Vermintide reference.

Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen when?

No lad user meant its from /tv/

Horned Rat is the (orange politician) of Warhammer.

No plans, just wants to faff about da boss, fuck those plebs they think a win for him is a win for them so there's no need to do shit for them.

kek

I'd recommend a unit of savage orc big 'uns with an Orc Shaman equipped with Lucky Shrunken head for a hard hitting unit with a 5+ Wardsave.

>this new

wasn't that erratad? or FAQ'd?

>skryer led by grey seer

When the fuck are we getting warlock engineer lord? Tinker rats are the only thing queek will tolerate anyway.