>/5eg/ Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Tomb of Annihilation leaks album
imgur.com/a/iglMj

>Tomb of Annihilation complete official art dump (pdf)
mega.nz/#!JyB0zbhI!UqyuEBdi65FfAWpQYJU8htDvJ8XE4wy_vpLOBQEZXc4

>Tortle Package (pdf)
mega.nz/#!Kgw10Qha!DvWcsgAyGdNFtspYAUNWNCCPrzALIWY36ES9UXWCXRI

>Previous thread:

Thread Question:
With Xanathar's Guide to Everything filled with dozens of UA subclasses, what's the best of the UA, in your opinion, from a flavor or mechanic view? The worst?

I really like the Sorcerer UA. Favored Soul and Stone Sorcery in particular are both powerful enough and unique enough to make them stand out among other full casters. It's a shame that stone is going to get the daylights nerfed out of it though, 13+con AC is way too strong to get in a level 1 dip.

Best UA is definitely revised ranger, it's a shame it won't be in the book or released in a similar time frame

I don't know why they wouldn't just make it 10+Cha+Con. Realism meme?

Even 10+cha would be pretty strong

Because why would Sorcs get anything nice?

My favorite UA is Mystic, but that's because I like being able to build a Str/Int character effectively, which Mystic definitely does.

It's also kind of the worst though because of how the balance is. As far as which ones I found the most boringest, I'd say the Feats UA. Spends some text talking about how to make interesting feats, then makes a bunch that are just carbon copies of each other with one thing changed.

Revised ranger.

Anons? On a scale of "overpowered" to "that could end the campaign before it starts", how broken is this homebrew?

Feat Category: Racial Hybrid
Effect: When you choose a Racial Hybrid feat, you gain additional racial traits determined by that feat.

Special: If you have a Racial Hybrid feat, then at levels 5, 10, 15 and 20, you can gain a new racial trait from the Advanced Mutations list for that feat.

Special: The blood of the most potent races does not mix readily, if at all. If you have a Racial Hybrid feat, you cannot select another Racial Hybrid feat.

>mfw I just remembered that the Revised Subclasses UA gutted the abusable Smitelock along with the features that were mediocre at best

I just want my +3 Pact Weapon, mang~.

Is there such a thing as a good Bladelock?

\

Trying to get this to not be so broken; any suggestions, anons?

Tel-Amhothlan - Half-Orc/Half-Elf
Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, +1 Strength
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hit points, but not killed outright, you can instead choose to be reduced to 1 hit point instead. After using this trait, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.
Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on saving throws against being Charmed and are Immune to Magical Sleep effects.
Keen Senses: You have Proficiency in the Perception skill.
Muddied Heritage: Tel-Amhothlans are chaotic breed and can favor either orcish or elvish aspects of their lineage. Choose the Orcish Brutality, Elvish Grace or Fae Magic subrace options.

Orcish Brutality:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Constitution
Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you increase the damage inflicted by +1 dice.
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger to determine your capacity to Push, Pull, Drag, Lift and Carry.

Elvish Grace:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Dexterity
Fleet-Footed: Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
Natural Athlete: You have Proficiency in the Athletics skill.

Fae Magic:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Charisma
Mystic Talent: You can cast Prestidigitation and one other Wizard cantrip of your choice. Charisma is your casting ability score when casting the cantrips provided by this trait. At the DM's permission, at character creation, you can trade this racial feature for Drow Magic (PHB pg24) or Mul Daya Magic (Plane Shift: Zendikar pg19); this choice cannot be undone later.

Ranger probably as they made it a martial class this point. Worst be Paladins as a Paladinfag I don't find them appealing.

Forgot to add the appropriatized pic pinched from elsewhere on Veeky Forums.

Mystic best as they can got the ability range to choose their path and decent flavor.

Personal preference, but the Paladin UAs they've released belong in the fucking trash.
It's nice that there's a real Blackguard option, but Redemption was stupid mechanicaly and Conquest is edgy as fuck.

Anyone got advice for a Tempest cleric?

>he praises treachery and makes fun of conquest for being edgy in the same post

I'm new to this game, and I got drafted into being the GM, so I'd like to ask someone to clear something up for me. One of my players wants to dual wield, but he seems to think the rules work differently from how I interpret them, so I'd like to make sure we're both on the same page.

So, as I understand it, anyone can use two weapons in a fight, but unless you have a special skill the weapon in your off hand doesn't get the ability bonus to hit?

And it seems like you need to use your bonus action to use the off hand weapon, but does that mean you can use a light weapon with a bonus action normally, or only when dual wielding?

And finally, can versatile weapons be used when dual wielding? It's unclear to me whether you can use a longsword in one hand, and a dagger in the other.

I'd appreciate the help, I want to make our first game the best I can!

To make a bonus action attack with a light melee weapon, it needs to follow up an attack with a light melee weapon in the other hand. You can only dual wield if both weapons are light, unless you have the dual wielder feat. Without it, you can dual wield two short swords, a sickle and a dagger, or a dagger and a scimitar for example, but not a long sword and a dagger

What are the best rules to use for ambient
radiation damage?

I was thinking a con save, and 1d4 per level of severity on fail, with a level on exhaustion if total damage is over 5

Anyone can fight with two weapons, but you don't get the two-weapon fighting bonus action attack unless you're fighting with two light melee weapons. You can wield a scimitar and a dagger, or two scimitars, but you can't do a longsword and a dagger because longswords are not light.

The fighting style is the only way to get your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus action attack.

You can wield non-light weapons with TWF if you get the dual wielder feat, which usually isn't worth it. Versatile doesn't matter in that case, the weapons just can't have the two-handed property.

Need ideas for a 5e drinking game. Something beyond "when there's a crit or crit fail, drink"

Anons? Two simple questions about tieflings & homebrew:

First: is it overpowered to let tieflings switch their size to Small or take the Powerful Build trait?

Second: if I wanted to convert the unique tiefling strains from Pathfinder - oni-blooded, kyton-blooded, etc - would I be better off using the rather clunky tiefling subrace rules, or just making them as entirely new PC races?

What's the height the severity can be?
For 2d4 every round can kill your players in 6 rounds.

Whenever someone forgets there's no more flanking, drink, and try to remind yourself that it's a streamlined game and it's not meant to be as tactically gritty as 4e, and flanking is never coming back and it's time to move on

It seems very good but not broken. I'd maybe take away Keen Senses from them to make them more in line with other races, but even this is probably going to work without much trouble.

They seem to be one tiny, tiny racial feature better than elves or half orcs, to be frank.

Could you elaborate? What seems to be amiss? What would you add/change about them?

Anyone got any cool builds for level 5? I'm playing a one shot. Trying not to play variant human, or more than a half caster. Trying to branch out.

This has some fun options if you were allowed it.
Hexblade is solid as well just ask your DM if they can give the improved pact weapon feature an upgrade all the way up to +3 with the spellcasting focus feature.

What kind of disgusting disaster would happen if I made a character with at least one level in every class?

Go dwarf and then cleric. Go around sacrificing for your god as you adventure thinking you can't be killed due to your unshakable belief. Each time you go down and not die reinforces your irrational belief.

Never actually thought about it

Sorry just one more. So you're saying that without the two weapon fighting style from Ranger and Fighter, and without the Two weapon feat, someone can still use two daggers, and can still make an attack with the second one as a bonus action, but they don't get the ability modifier bonus to damage. Is that correct?

I agree, on the merit of fixing a flawed start- I didn't know it wasn't being released in any "official" capacity, though. Has it been said how they're gonna go about it? I feel bad for anyone playing PHB ranger, especially with the dogshit animal companion rules.

congratulations, by the time you have a level in each class you are already useless by 5 levels

Stop

Don't rogues benefit from flanking, though?

I'm saying there's no need for more than two evil options for Paladin - Oathbreaker and Blackguard, with the later being a carryover from past editions. It has that over Conquest, which is just ''yeah, you're some sorta evil overlord guy that eats babies I guess''.

It's just fucking stupid how half the available subclasses tend to go to ''edgy as all shit'' on what should be by principle the capital G for Good of all player classes.

I don't know. I see more LN and LE these days with Paladins.

Nope, just people being near the target.

Kind of? They can use sneak attack if active enemy of the target is adjacent to it. This can work in line battles.

Correct

Yes, that's correct.
TWF adds your damage modifier to the offhand attack, and Dual Wielder lets you wield one-handed weapons regardless of the Light property.

Huh, really? Since all they were in 3.5 was half-orcs with a Dex bonus instead of a Strength bonus, +1 to saves vs Enchantments and a +1 to Listen/Spot/Search checks, I didn't have a lot of mechanical crunch to go on, so I sort of went with a blend of Elf, Half-Orc and Orc traits.

I was under the impression that they only showed the invocations that got changed in the revised pact options ua. I'm sure you can still get your +3 pact weapon

Are psionics super common in Forgotten Realms? I may or may not havw fucked up my character backstory

Hey I've just finished this homebrew and i was wondering if you guys could critique it for me? Its an alternate initiative system; ignore errors like spelling, grammar, etc. i just want you all to see if its sound mechanically and realistically. Thanks for any input, i got my inspiration to make this from other guys' examples on this thread, so thanks in general

Sure, third edition had shit like the Paladin of Tyranny or Slaughter (LE and CE respectively), and both Crown and Vengeance work well with LN, but the vision of the class the PHB gives is undoubtedly that of a champion of all that is good and right.
By all accounts, the class is extremely skewed towards Good, so I don't really understand what the fuck WotC seems to want to do with it. It's a shame, especially since 5e finally captured the class' flavor in a way that doesn't make it suck dick mechanically; far from it, it's in a really good spot now.

So you have to wonder, why is the demand for edgelord Paladins of the Raven Queen or whatever so high these days? Maybe they're just asking people with shit taste for their opinion, I dunno. Who do I blame?

It's just a recommendation user. If someone posts this homebrew is this physically or mentally harming you? If so I will gladly stop posting this and place it instead in a link as to avoid you having some form of a brain aneurysm.

Are artificers and mystics becoming official in XGE?

>Orcish Tel-Amoth compared to PHB Half Orc:
Tel-Amoth: +1/+1/+1 stats, Perception prof., Powerful build, Fey Ancestry.
Halforc: +2/+1 stats, Intimidation prof

>Elvish Grace Tel-Amhothlan compared to Wood Elf:
Tel-Amhothlan: +1/+1/+1 stats, Relentless Endurance, Athletics prof.
Wood elf: +2/+1 stats, Trance, can hide in forest

>Fae Magic Tel-Anhothlan compared to High Elf:
Tel-Amhot:+1/+1/+1 stats, Relentless endurance, TWO cantrips
High elf: +2/+1 stats, Trance, ONE cantrip

Go figure. I guess the fact they don't got any +2 might be certain drawback on most classes.

No. They won't be published until like the end of next year.

Seems really complicated for not much gained.

>One of the main pieces of feedback we got about the Eldritch Invocations is that you didn’t want them exclusive to particular Otherworldly Patron options, so we’ve opened them up to more warlocks, tweaked them, and cut the least popular ones.

Non-listed means removed/no longer available, just like with any of the updated UAs.

What's complicated about it? D10 and D6-12+speed

I haven't read through the document yet, but I ant you to think about the fact that you asked "what's so complicated about it" before giving a formula.

If the idea is just "knightly version of Clerics" they're doing okay. There's all kinds of Clerics 'cause there's all kinds of gods, there should be all kinds of Paladins 'cause there's all kinds of oaths. Evil and Neutral Pallies should be a natural consequence of that philosophy.

So, does that make them overpowered or underpowered? Particularly since you left out a couple of traits the elves have that tel-amhothlans lack.

>Sorcs should get Con+Cha, their only valuable stats, to add to their AC
Are you retarded, or are you too sleepy to think properly right now?

Sorcerers would be impossibly tanky with easy access to base AC 20, and a +3 to 5 Con mod, making their HP pools absolutely insane on top of being very difficult to hit.

There's not much difference between that and d20+dex, neither are strenuous calculations

>double 20s

If they're dumping 20 into Con purposefully without mitigation, that's fine by me.

Well, its four pages of explanation and any amount of complexity is a lot. What do I gain for using it? Is it significantly better than standard imitative?

>It is the Autist screeching about a posted Homebrew again.
Just give it up faggot. No one else cares, if you don't like it, ignore it like the rest of us do.

This isnt even a bad one. It is still a homebrew, so it is not welcome at my table, but there is no reason to go full Gran Autismo every single fucking thread.

The first two pages are the actual rules regarding it, the last two are explanations for how I came about making this system for people who want to critique it.

Read the first two pages, and this makes initiative more related to class and speed, which I believe is more indicative of someone's ability to react than a random d20 roll, it simply adds meaning to the rolls in a better way

Since the orc-elf is, surprisingly, not as overpowered as I thought, what bout this? How overpowered would anons call this?

Ability Score Modifiers: +1 Intelligence, +1 Dexterity, +1 to one ability score of your choice
Size: Small
Movement: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Humanoid Build: You are treated as being a Medium creature to determine your capacity to lift, push, pull, drag and carry loads.
Works the Angles: You can use an Intelligence check to determine your Initiative, instead of using a Dexterity check.
Jack of All Trades: When you are called upon to make a skill check you do not have Proficiency in, you can grant yourself Advantage on that check. After you use this trait, you must complete a long rest before you use it again.

What else would they put it into?

Cha maxed out, and then what? Con is already super important, and if you are removing AC bonus from Dex, Dex, Int and Str is useless, and wisdom is purely for the save bonus.

Sorcerers doesn't exactly benefit a lot from feats either, outside maybe spell sniper for EB and the other smaller benefits it gives.

I think they are slightly stronger, but not terribly so. If i wanted orc/elf hybrids in my world, i'd use it.

Did i miss something? Right, Weapon proficiency! Sorry, my fault.

There is difference that out of sudden you use some totally different kind of roll than in the rest of the system.

Adding three single numbers together IS strenuous for some of us.

>starting a CoS campaign.
>all 5 players show up as Paladins
I feel like someone has read up on the campaign.

Although I am looking forward to a group of paladins going full DEUS VULT on Strahd.

I recommend you read the first two pages, they are simple, concise, and explanatory

One of them is significantly more complicated than the other though. What value does it bring apart from more stratified initiative?

I think there's a lot of contention on that point. There are people, myself included, who believe that Paladins should specifically be Lawful Good crusaders for justice and order. That's not to say that allowing other variations is wrong, I just prefer them that way in my setting. That said, you could say the same thing about Necromancers or Warlocks/Witches only being evil, or something to that effect. I think it adds something to say that some powers are locked behind a philosophy like that.

I was thinking it's 5 levels of severity, with the vast majority of the area being level one, not sure of how often I want them to save inside the game. And there are some items that might mitigate a level of severity

maybe make it 10 cumulative damage?

So lemme get this straight.

We JUST got out of alignment restrictions, and now you think they add something.

>more reliable dice rolls
>relates to your character's abilities
>faster/slower speed characters are better reflected in initiative
Essentially, the dice has meaning behind them; please give pages 1 & 2 a read

Sure, but the class system in D&D 5e seems to be specifically designed to remove those kinds of hard flavor/crunch ties from the classes. If anything they haven't done enough to make Paladins feel more like ideological crusaders of any stripe, not too much.

...Am I reading this right? You want official alignment restrictions to come back?

...No. No, no, FUCK NO! That cancer is officially in the surgical trash bin, alongside race-based class restrictions, where it belongs! Pathfinder's the only place you see it these days, and they can keep it!

>if you are removing AC bonus from Dex, Dex is useless
>the penultimate saving throw
Hmmm...

Jokes aside, your highest AC, with double 20s, means a 22 barring magical goodies. However, to get there:
>standard array 15,14,13,12,10,8
>pick a race
>only race with +2/+1 in Cha/Con is Scourge Aasimar
>assume your DM allows Aasimar
>16 Charisma and 16 Con at level 1
>base AC of 16
>18 with shield
>pretty strong
>all other stats lagging
>can stick in melee thanks to AC
>Shocking Grasp?
>Booming Blade?
>still need a focus (IE no weapon)
>level 4 and 8 ASI to get to 20 in one (probably Cha for Spell shit)
>level 12 and 16 to get to 20 in the other

That's a level 16 Sorcerer, now with stats equivalent to a most heavy armor...assuming it isn't enchanted to around a +2 which, but tier 4, it is.

I'm not arguing it's not strong, but it is not too far removed from the higher end, especially if the flavor of the sorcerer is supposed to be this earthen might made flesh. I will say the Sorc dip would be bananas, but that's more a Sorc problem, especially with sorc points.

Dude, chill pill.

He's just saying that's how he runs it on his table, not that he wants it to be hardcoded into the rules.

I mean, I still think it's dumb, but he hasn't said he wants it to be official rules so w/e, his table.

>only race with +2/+1 in Cha/Con is Scourge Aasimar

I forgot the perfidious half-elf, but the rest is the same.

After seeing this what's a good Bard/Warlock multiclass?
>10/10
>6/14
>14/6
>Something else?

>please give pages 1 & 2 a read
I have, I just don't think that the benefits of this system outweigh its extra complexities. The fact that you'll have to calculate the initiative for every monster compounds this as well.

Depends on what you want. 17/3 is good because it lets you get more progression in the better class, and the 3 level split into Warlock gets you invocations, pact boons, and a little more short-rest spell slots.

What's a fun non-Warlock build for a level 10 adventure?

Does it not state that monster Assignment is optional? If it doesn't I'll edit that; the monster resource I should for DMs who want to incorporate this, they don't have to given the variability

Pirated ToA Roll20 assets fucking when?

I liked playing Paladin/Bard. A 4/6 spread was fun because I got Magical Secrets and a couple ASIs.

>With this new mechanic, a character's class role is considered the primary indicator of his or her ability to act first in the heat of combat, as well as the individual's speed at the beginning of battle; not solely on one ability modifier and chance

You see, user, this is something i don't agree with. A lot of classes are quite flexible and you can make fighter make slow-moving bastion of steel as well as fleet footed elf archer.
I also don't think more predictable initiative is that good idea. Even the dwarven cleric player want sometimes to go first!
And i disagree with halflings having lower initiative than humans.

> In the case of a character whose primary class has a higher-valued initiative die than their other class's, they cannot opt to use their lower-tiered die instead;
Why would anyone wanted to anyway?

BTW: If i got two levels in fighter first and then level cleric all the way, does that mean at 4th level i get slower?
By the example i suppose this part of rules is to prevent ^^this fro happening, but as i read it, it is exactly what is happening.

I don't agree with premise nor feel there is need for it, so i am maybe bit too harsh.
The execution itself feel very old school - detached subsystem with unique mechanic that's not used anywhere else.
I am not impressed, but i can see how it can work as house rule for someone who liked AD&D.

You put it together more eloquently than I could have, so thank you. The main gripe I had was that it forces classes to define initiative, when that shouldn't be the case due to variability within the subclasses.

Sounds neat! Any particulars?

The classes serve as baseline dice to roll in addition to the d10, where all paladins and all rogues had the same dice; the variability comes in from the movement speed modifier.

You can have a fleet Dwarven cleric if they have a faster movement speed at the start of battle, which has no limitations, since straight bonuses statistically provide more than the difference between a d10 and a d12, on average

No characters have to have a low initiative based on race; if you want a fast halfling, don't expect it to go early if you've made it a slower class. Race and class matter because it's talent + expertise; you can be talented, but your not going to be a track athlete if all you do is read

Regarding the issue of fighter to cleric, it is a transformation; you may have a faster speed early on, but if you shift your field of expertise, so will your abilities change. You could be a sprinter for two year and Ben fast, but if you start powerlifting for four years in tandem after that, you'll be slower in general because of the different muscles. It's sort of like that

I really like this Perfect Chord Warlock and want to go Chain for the Songbird familiar from the Compendium I'm just not sure how deep I should dip into the class. 3 does sound reasonable as it gets me the familiar and flavor. I'll keep thinking about it.

You are also forgetting immense amounts of HP from the vastly increased Con.

Also, who the fuck uses standard array? That's literally worse than rolling for stats. Point buy, nigga. 15+15 means even VHuman can start at 16/16, and with a feat.

>all pthe stats lacking
Who gives a shit? Did you really plan on sneaking using stealth, or grappling motherfuckers on a sorcerer?

And you dont stick in melee. You stay the fuck away in the back, and when some random backline threat shows up, he can't kill you, because you have far too much HP, and you dont have AC shit.

Literally no one talked about a melee sorcerer. Stop grasping at straws faggot.

>Also, who the fuck uses standard array? That's literally worse than rolling for stats
Any sane DM will not allow two players to use different methods for generating stats.

Even saner DMs will use point buy.

Wasn't talking about multiple methods. Just that the tiers are:
>Point Buy
>
>
>
>Rolling for stats
>x1000
>Standard Array

>Literally no one talked about a melee sorcerer.

Isn't that literally what the whole discussion has been about though?

Several unrelated questions for you, /5eg/:

1. If i use Help action to help ally attacking the enemy, can i leave after that, or do i need to stick around?

2. Do you have any nice way to make flanking work? We use DMG optional rule and it has tendency to make PCs and monsters gather into one line trying to fish for advantages and it looks silly.
I remember in 3e, if there were 2/3/4/... enemies surrouding you, they've got +2/+3/+4/... but i am not sure how 5e's bounded accuracy would handle that. Any ideas?

3. How bad idea is to roll rogue with bow into party of Bladesinger Wizard and Fiendlock?

>immense amounts of HP
>d6 hit die
K.

>"who the fuck uses standard array"
In that case, Monks outshine Stone Sorcs because they'll have 3 20s if they just roll well enough. Stat array (and maybe point buy) is the norm for balance discussion.

>"Who gives a shit? Did you really plan on sneaking using stealth, or grappling motherfuckers on a sorcerer"
Gee I dunno boss, make a Perception/Acrobatics/Knowledge (Nature, Religion, ARCANA, History) check.

>"And you don't stick in melee. You stay the fuck away in the back, and when some random backline threat shows up, he can't kill you, because you have far too much HP, and you don't have AC shit"
1) Never said you should, just that you can because that's the majority of AC attacks; the higher you go, the more that ranged attacks are saving throw based. 2) You're great for dealing with low to-hit mob types, but if you think your +5 Con outweighs the d6 mod for "some random enemy", then you're sorely mistaken. Your 4+5 average health mod is less than a barbarian with 7+3 average health, and he's not even maxed either (which he would be).

>"Literally no one talked about a melee sorcerer. Stop grasping at straws faggot"
>proceeds to grasp at straws for points never made

No. Just someone saying that Stone Sorcs should get AC 10+Con+Cha, which is absurdly retarded. Fuck being in melee, if you can have an absurd amount of AC for free, on top of having only 2 stats that matter, one being fucking Con, then you have literally no reason not to go for this regardless of what you want.

And a Paladin multiclass would be so hilariously broken, that you barely have any reason not to go for this.

>d6 hit die
>Mattering when you have +5 con mod

And you use point buy, both of the other options are fucking retarded. Also, speaking of the monk, there is a reason they use Dex+Wis, and not CON, because having this ability work off the only two ability scores you care about, is completely retarded.

>Comparing to a Barbarian
They are litsrally the highest HP class in the game. Try your average Paladin who also sorely needs Cha. They usually have 14 con, with a d10. Average 5,5+2 = 7,5, compared to 7. Remember how tanky your average Paladin is? And remember how he has to be in melee? Sorcerers dont.