Who would you summon in a Grail War campaign, Veeky Forums?

Who would you summon in a Grail War campaign, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=83qUtyeyVt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Musashi Miyamoto as Saber. His real noble phantasm, his sword, would get lost pretty soon but he'd have a backup skill that lets him boost any item he uses as a weapon to noble phantasm tier in terms of durability and damage. Based on when he took a boat to meet Sasaki Kojiro for a duel, realized he had forgotten his sword, and carved one using one of the boat's oars. He showed up late, but still one despite the huge handicap.

King Solomon as Caster. His noble phantasm would be the Seal of Solomon, a ring he bound tens of thousands of demons to.

As a Rider.

Depends on the circumstances. If it's against six other Veeky Forums Anons Medusa would be enough to destroy the hipster post-1000AD shitters they're sure to summon.

As for OCs, Saber Coriolanus but they're a cute bronze alien automation made for the purpose of protecting civilisation.

Google "Musashi Fate" and "Solomon Fate" right fucking now.

Holy shit, I just started playing FGO last week. I don't particularly like their take on Musashi, but their Solomon is fucking neato from what little I read to avoid spoilers.

Titty Musashi is from a parallel universe, we might get "our" Musashi in the next EOR chapter.
Either way she's cute and she's a Mahou Tsukai no Yoru reference. That's enough for me.

Good Ol' Hassan Assassin, want the underdog win.

Mr. Rodgers as an assassin.

Neil Armstrong as Rider
Put myself in orbit and stay as far away from Fate garbage as I can

Which Grail War? What's good in Fuyuki might suck hell in the Moon Cell.
Fuck it, I'll assume it's a normal one-of-each-class Fuyuki war and extra classes are forbidden as I am not an Einzbern.
Hell that raises the question of who I am and what's my magical energy capacity.
But I'm a sucker for the overwhelming might so probably Archer Heracles.

Umu!

my brother of another mother

I take Stephen Hawking as a caster.
I mean, he's not dead yet, sure, but he may as well be.

I want to KISS Gorgon!

Get in line.

Pancho Motherfuckin' Villa, as Rider.

Revolutionary hero, guerilla fighter, wealthy landowner, and starred in movies about himself, as himself. Also, he had the title the "Centaur of the North" and is kind of equivalent to a Mexican Robin Hood.

Also he named his horse "Seven Leagues". The fact that he isn't in Fate already is a travesty.

I might just as well summon medusa and order her to suck me all day long and have some rough sex until the war is over

Saber always wins

The Organization

The Grail representation of every heroic/extraordinary feat performed by spies, cartels, gangs, assassins for hire, dark wizard group, CIA, KGB, MiB; basically any faceless organization.

They will function like the 100-faced Hassan, but each "Agent" having specialized skills. They can also replenish their ranks by "recruiting" normal people as "Agents". They have the most knowledge of the current age compared to other Servants, and has the unique skill of smoothly taking over all assets of a chosen Group of Interest, usually the government. They can hijack bases, order jet fighters, redirect convoys, issue fleet positions, authorize military strikes, and more, all the while being undetectable due to the Organization's mastery of bureaucracy

Alla pugna!

The only one that kind of ever wins is rider though. Saber just comes close the most often

>1st -2nd HGWs: We don't know and never will
>Canon 3rd HGW: Caster Solomon
>Apoc 3rd HGW: Lancer Fionn
>4th HGW: No real winner, Saber/Archer survive
>5th HGW: No real winner
>Apoc HGW: Rider Alstolfo
>Mooncell HGW: Saber Nero
>Proto HGWs: Saber Arthur, Grail Beast destroyed twice
>F/GO Fuyuki HGW: Caster Cu
Riders hardly ever win. Your best bet is Saber/Caster, and considering Solomon and Cu absolutely stomped their respective wars, that class is definitely your best bet.

>>Canon 3rd HGW: Caster Solomon
Where the fuck did you get this "canon" from, Marisbilly's war was not the 3rd nor was it in F/SN's world
th HGW: No real winner, Saber/Archer survive
Archer Gilgamesh is undisputed victor
th HGW: No real winner
Saber Artoria in Fate
Archer Gilgamesh in UBW
War collapses but victory by default to Rider Medusa in HF
>>Mooncell HGW: Saber Nero
Savior Buddha, Saber Nero, Archer EMIYA, and Caster Tamamo-no-Mae all have won HGWs on the moon
>>F/GO Fuyuki HGW: Caster Cu
He was on the run, Saber (Artoria Alter) killed everyone but him, he didn't win shit.

You seem to have correct details here and there but your facts are a tangled mess.

Sorry, I was worried about the post myself.
But that said F/GO is in the canon F/SN timeline, and Extella made Nero the canonical winner of Extra.

Somebody wyrd.

Not quite but I suppose it can't be helped if you were lied to.
F/GO is definitely not the same world as F/SN or any other, it's its own hub-world. In this world Marisbilly Animusphere won the 5th Holy Grail War in 2004 with his servant Solomon. Either the grail was not corrupt or Solomon was able to deal with it, because both Marisbilly and Solomon got to make a perfectly valid wish.
Fate/Extella takes place after Extra and CCC which caused a bit of a timeline crash (since CCC takes place outside time). Basically Nero and Tamamo both won but wanted to save Hakuno and live on with him. EMIYA won too but he was happy to die so long as Hakuno was saved and therefore didn't get a chunk of the Moon Cell.

My choice for Archer maybe even as Rider
m.youtube.com/watch?v=83qUtyeyVt0

J. Edger Hoover as Assassin for an alternate

>summon caster Medea
>leave country
>????
>profit

what would osama bin laden be?

Rider George Washington.

If the war is in America he'd be the strongest servant for sure.

Thank you Mr Nasu-san.

Greetings from /a/

Class: Avenger
Alternate Classes: Caster
True Name: Osama bin Laden
Alignment: Lawful Evil

>Parameters
Strength: E
Endurance: C
Agility: E
Mana: C
Luck: EX
NP: A+

>Class Skills:
Avenger A+ (Avenger)
The boldness and shock factor of Osama's actions earned him worldwide scorn and hatred, and as such his mana production when receiving damage is almost as high as the highest-ranked possible Avengers.

Territory Creation B (Caster)
Osama can create a space where his abilities as Caster are greatly boosted.

Personal Skills:

Leadership B
Avenger is capable of leading a small army of soldiers and killers with deadly efficiency.

Vengeance for Islam A
Avenger's hatred for the injustices toward the Arabic world at the hands of the West runs deep. He is able to easily enthrall followers and sympathizers of Islam regardless of their personality and opinions by sharing his hatred with them.

Leadership A+
As Caster, Osama taps into his entire network of operations, and his Noble Phantasm represents his followers' willingness to die on his orders.

Hideout B+ (E)
Caster's territory, when created within a building where he is welcome, such as his Master's house, becomes incredibly difficult to find, and even a trained magus will have trouble detecting any trace of mana when standing right in front of it. However, this is its only real defense, and once found out, anyone inside will be easy pickings.

>Noble Phantasms:

Al-Qaeda A
Avenger has access to the entire funds and armory of the terrorist force, which he can use to equip his thralls.

September 11th EX
Anti-Building
Range: As far as a plane can fly
Caster achieves a repeat of his bloodiest deed. Through the power of his network, four planes will be hijacked and made to crash into locations of his choosing in short succession. The planes will always explode on impact and have perfect homing, making this incredibly difficult to survive without countering it using another anti-building NP.

Personally I always considered him a candidate for Saber, he had a collection of swords throughout his career

Class: Rider
True name: Hannibal Barca
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Parameters:
Strength C
Endurance EX
Agility D
Mana E
Luck B
NP: B

Class Skill:
Riding A

Personal Skills:
Leadership EX

Independent action B

Noble Phantasm:

The one that survived the Apls B
Mount, anti-army
Rider summons his last Elephant as his steed, the only one powerful enough to survive the alps.

>all those faggots
>not summoning /Our King/
Low test as fuck, desu

Do all 40kfags have to be this typically retarded?

>being low energy
You should probably kill yourself at this point

I'd probably summon EMIYA and lose the war because I'm a fucking pathetic beta male and deserve only the shittiest of Servants.

Myself from the future who became a Counter Guardian. Because he already went through this Holy Grail War, he'll know everything about other masters and servants.

Hercules, summoned as archer

Is that even a question?

Saber.

I would then feed her and pat her on the head.

That's some good taste.

I'll take Alex Mercer for that nigh unkillable factor.

Jan Zizka as Rider.

People always point to the Khan as an odd example as someone who is seriously servant material, but has never become one. Sure, the Khan was a warmaster who slaughtered people to the point it caused a drop in global temperature, but Jan Zizka is the father of modern war.

Even though he was often outnumbered and under-equipped, Jan Zizka knew and proved the importance of managing troop morale, equipping people according to their strengths, and how to use terrain to its full potential. In addition to this, this man invented the tank.

Yes, the fucking tank. This glorious bastard right here is the great grandfather of the tank. He had wagons constructed that would be filled with gunners, and they would slaughter people from the safety of the wagon. Because of his excellent tactics, he never lost a single battle.

This would likely grant him serious bonuses to any terrain edge he got, and a good leadership rank, along with charisma. Read up on the man, for he is a fucking legend.

There's a manga based on his exploits from the perspective of one of his soldiers called Otome Sensou. It's a good read.

I dunno what possessed me to make this but it would be pretty neat.

If unlimited choices: sir Terry Pratchett as Caster.
> Trope Deconstruction! Not sure that will help me win, but the war will be more fun and less lethal.

If only those whom I can get hands on:
Ilya of Murom as any class besides Assassin or Caster.
> Olden times, so easier to deal with divinity powers.
> Connection to Mother Earth
> 1 km from his tomb right now
> Sweet location bonus if in Slavic countries
> Can joke about "not the cup Loli Ilya, but ancient bogatyr"
> More capable of solving things by hitting them hard or shooting than Heracles according to the legends
> Canonically was a NEET for 30 years

Emiya isn't dead and his is a servant.
Hell, he even tries to kill his younger self to stop himself from ever becoming a servant. So sure that could work.

Also this is weak but that personal skill is something serious. If you do not put up what is basically alarm bells, massive walls of force, doorways into other dimensions, and all other manner of obstructions that would be a holy grail war equivalent of Fort Nox, he can just walk right in and murder you in an instant.

You might as well try to run from someone with noclip.

>E rank luck
no thanks, i dont want to die to fucking Cu of all people

That's still ten times luckier than most people.

The best servant in the world of course!

What does he ever actually do that benefits his master?

Not lucky enough to not die to Cu

Let his master live.

My fellow ebonic.

Waifu-fox (Caster Tamamo), almost certainly. She's got an energetic, enthusiastic personality that has as her highest goal to be the best wife she can be.

Fictional characters, not viable. At best you'll get a wraith that mimicks them. Or maybe Donald Trump as Shielder for the God-Emperor.

Modern-day humans (born after 1900), not viable as Servants because they don't ascend to the Throne of Heroes because they lack the mythologization of their feats required: what they accomplish becomes "something anyone with the right training and equipment could have accomplished".

Even in the event that summoning them is somehow possible, they'll be very weak for Servants.

Edison canonically had the power of every American president combined with his own, and he wasn't a particularly powerful Servant even with the boost.

Sun Tzu as assassin. While his military prowess as a general makes him more suited as rider, I think his role would be far more interesting as an assassin.

"Appear near when you are far, and far when you are near". His tactics were very much focused on deception, which fits the assassin class well.

Noble Phantasm: Art of War
Sun Tzu traps his opponent in a world of illusions, psychologically weakening them before moving in for the kill.

Emiya Shirou is a fictional character so I don't know what you're on about.

Noble Phantasm: Sits by a river and his enemy's luck plummets into the negatives, and they eventually suffer a violent death and fall into the river.

>Mr. Rodgers
>Fictional

Also to repeat myself Emiya Shirou sure wasn't born pre 1900, so I twice over don't know what you're on about.

Also suggesting that anyone in the last hundred years hasn't achieved mythical status for their deeds is hilarious.

Since I can't have virus boy according to your rules that don't even apply to cannon how about I take the White Death. Sure he was active in WWII but if you try and tell me he's not a mythicly skilled figure I'm going to laugh so hard that I'll need to ask nasa to find my sides in orbit.

>Also suggesting that anyone in the last hundred years hasn't achieved mythical status for their deeds is hilarious.
Nicolai Tesla, Jack the Ripper, Stalin, Hitler, Einstein, The Red Baron.

EMIYA could be summoned because of a loophole; he didn't get to the Throne on his own merits.

>Nicolai Tesla, Jack the Ripper,
Canonically summonable, both born in the 1800s.
>Stalin, Hitler, Einstein, The Red Baron.
Born in the 1800s, also potentially summonable. Probably very weak, though, unless Einstein has nuclear bombs as his Noble Phantasm.

There's not much legend to most of those prior to the 1900s though

Einstein would almost certainly possess Pioneer of the Stars, much like Tesla, da Vinci, and Drake do.

What's that? The rules that get repeatedly broken got broken for him? Shocking.
Can you name some rules of the Grail War that haven't been broken at one point or another?

He'd still probably have stats of straight Es, though, other than maybe Luck, Mana, and Noble Phantasm.

Not him, and i agree that nasuverse rules exist to be broken, but its worth mentioning that most times these botched summons do result in a subpar servant. Emiya archer was not particularly strong compared to the rest of the cast, but he happened to have an ability that completely nullified gil archer.

(Which in turn only worked because Gil was too egotistical to summon his armour, which would render him completely immune to full on EMIYA, yet alone Shirou)

If you poured out the arrogance from gil, you would be left with an empty vessel. It is almost like saying saber only wins her fights because she had excalibur, well of course, but she wouldnt be summoned as saber in the first place if she didnt have excalibur.

>literally most skilled warrior to ever exist
>has every personal and class skill
>can teach these skills at an accelerated rate
>high stats, but more reliant on outskilling her opponents, so low mana isn't much of a problem
>economical, precise, powerful NP
>dat ass

She'd be especially great against Veeky Forums, since most of the people here are going to try summoning guys like Simo Hayha, who will either be shitty Servants or nameless wraiths taking on a few of the attempted summoning's characteristics.

>dat ass
Also dem tittays.

If I had to summon an Assassin, she'd be the one I'd pick. I'd much rather summon Waifu Fox, though.

Man, not long ago someone on /a/ posted a whole Grail War's worth of WHFB special characters as Servants. I'll see if I can find them.

Archer Odysseus, or Caster Scheherezade. Maybe Beowulf as Saber or Berserker.

>Caster Scheherezade
Wanting to get a servant that's better suited to the bedroom than the battlefield, eh? ;)

>Caster Scheherezade

Prepare to be far too distracted to ever get anything done.

Not sure where a WWII infantryman would fit. I guess Archer since he'd be primarily focused on firearms and siting for artillery.

>Fictional characters, not viable.
What about Hercules, Medea, Medusa, Fairy Tale, Frankenstein's Monster, Cuchulain, King Arthur, Karna, and essentially around half of all Servants in Fate?

He'll win me the war due to dumb luck.

Those are real within the setting.
Honestly just ignore any of the rules because there a exceptions to all of them.

There are opponents Gil shows respect to, though. Iskander, Arturia, Angra Mainyu

Sue, Berzerker

Pecos Bill as Rider.

They aren't though. Medusa and Herc are stated as only having existed in legends. One can assume that follows for most of those others.

>pecos bill
If you can summon him at all, you'll just be summoning a Phantom that shares some similarities to the legend, at best. The only reason that Paul Bunyan was summonable as a Servant was Gudako mixed some udon dough that the Phantom that was the true form of Paul Bunyan had possessed with a Holy Grail in a failed attempt at summoning a Divine Spirit.

That is true, but it is simply an animalistic disdain for emiya that goes to the existential. For someone who possesses the original version of every noble phantasm in existence an ability like emiyas is deserving of only spite. I am convinced that if these two met and fought 10 times that it would be emiyas win 10 times even though gil wins against all of the other fsn servants and emiya loses (or maybe ties) to most of them.

I don't think anyone including the type-moon gives a shit about the rules.

In addition, Berserker Jack is explicitly the legend of Jack the Ripper, and Nursery Rhyme is literally the manifestation of her namesake.

Hell, even outside the Grail War you've got Night of Wallachia.

It seems to be that you get to break at least one rule.

I don't think you can summon things that lack a humanoid form, but yeah, Sue would be extremely powerful, especially since you could use her actual physical remains as a catalyst, and Fate/ runs on a rule of "The older, the stronger", which is also a rule Dresden Files runs on when it comes to raising zombies. Still, with Fate/Extra there is precedent for a servant to summon extremely powerful beings, like Nursery Rhyme did with the Jabberwock, so it would be possible to summon Dresden as a caster and have Sue be his noble phantasm.

Well, if we're breaking all the rules and summoning from anywhere, anytime, anyplace, I think I'll change my pick.

I think that if you summoned Sue, she'd just be on the level of monsters from the Age of the Gods like the Pegasus, since that's basically what she is. But, because she's not human, let alone a Hero, she wouldn't be able to be summoned as an Heroic Spirit. Maybe as a Monstrous Spirit, but that'd require an entirely different variety of containers than those used by the Holy Grail War.

>Who would you summon in a Grail War campaign, Veeky Forums?
With the usual restrictions, or without?
If with the restrictions (cut-off at early 1900s, not definitely fictional, no deities), then probably Teddy Roosevelt.

>cut-off at early 1900s
So General Patton as Rider in a tank is out?

Rules can be broken.

So why do we never see Servants that augment the Master instead of fighting on their own?
I mean something along the lines of summoning a mythical sword that turns its Master into an unkillable murder machine?

And if fictional was allowed.