Post a description of your character, and have others rate and offer feedback

Post a description of your character, and have others rate and offer feedback.

I'll go first, I guess.

My character's name is Pa'glen. He is a Fire Genasi Cleric of Kossuth. His skin is charcoal black, and his eyes are like orbs of molten copper. His hair is made up of white flames, which flare and flicker on his head, eight inches in length. He stands 6'7, and weighs 190 .lbs, so he is quite lanky and ectomorphic. He wears magically enchanted bronze full plate, and wields an adamantine scimitar and a heavy shield. He wears a black pearl pendant on a light golden that imbues him with great wisdom and soundness. He also has gloves which make him more nimble, and a ring that helps to deflect attacks from him.

Pa'glen's father was an Efreet of considerable power, and his mother was an Aasimar Paladin that his father captured, therefore Pa'glen is a bastard. His mother died during childbirth, when she grasped the Efreet's scepter and activated it's necromantic enchantment, which killed her.

Pa'glen is an individual of much swagger and arrogance, with a unique worldview due to how people view him as a Planetouched. He uses his fiery and exotic appearance to intimidate, and his divine magic to instantly slay those that would cross him. He views evil acts as occasionally necessary, and focuses more on destruction of his rather than protection and healing of the weak and sick. His clerical pursuits are simply to gain more power.

He resides in Calimport, running a small crew that takes on jobs acquiring magical relics of varying power.

Picture related.

of his foes*

>His mother died during childbirth, when she grasped the Efreet's scepter and activated it's necromantic enchantment, which killed her.

This is way too convenient. It also ruins a potentially interesting plot hook. I would have his mother missing, which gives him some kind of long-term goal.

>He uses his fiery and exotic appearance to intimidate, and his divine magic to instantly slay those that would cross him

Reeks of power fantasy and I don't know why you would have this in a character description. Might as well just replace this with *unzips katana*

>He resides in Calimport, running a small crew that takes on jobs acquiring magical relics of varying power.

Does he operate openly or on the downlow? This character sounds conspicuous and dangerous.

Overall 4/10. Kernals of interesting character but bogged down with convenience and power tripping. This character probably wouldn't handle my game worlds too well if he tries to act like such hot shit.

How does his head being on fire all the time not just be way too inconvenient. Put on a helmet? Melted. Trying to sneak in a dark alley? Glowing. Try to go to sleep in an actual bed? Whole inn burns down.
Like I can dig hair that /acts/ like fire. Idk, maybe it's like caught partway into another plane or something.

Overall pretty edgy character, but this bit triggered me for some reason

Thank you for the input.

With regards to his mother, I figured that a being of celestial purity wouldn't be able to stand birthing a child that she would be incapable of loving.

As for the power tripping, yeah, I get that. Kossuth provides him with the domains of Destruction and Renewal, and I focused entirely too much on the destruction aspect. He's looked like a fool on more than one occasion when his enemies resisted his Slay Living spell. But yeah, I just wanted to make a Cleric that wasn't a backlines healer / buffbot, and I played it up too much.

As for how he operates, he has contacts within The Red Wizards of Thay, and within Waterdeep. He uses his messaging spells to converse with his contacts about potential jobs, and his ability to scry to collect needed intel before deciding the manpower needed before each acquisition.

He shows respect to those that are clearly more powerful than him, or on his level.

>My character's name is Pa'glen.

Any name that involves punctuation or random syllables is retarded.

>nobody cares what Enoby is wearing

The flames on his head don't produce heat, so yeah they just act like fire.

He usually doesn't wear a helm, but will wear a piwafwi if he has to conceal his hair.

This too. I roll my eyes whenever a player uses more than once sentence to describe his character. Who gives a shit how much this smokey fuck weighs?

Or that his fire-hair is 8 inches fucking long. These sorts of autistic level of detail take a character away from being interesting into a generic power fantasy.

It's also all ultimately irrelevant because OP has a picture of his character he presumably shows at the start of the game. That portrait tells me everything I need to know about his physical appearance and his personality I'll parse through playing and interacting with him. As far as backstory goes, I only need that frontloaded if I'm the GM. I very rarely play characters who are amused or interested with another PC dumping his life story on them when they first meet.

>Hot shit
Badabumtss

Tarka is a kobold trained in formal servitude and arcane arithmetic by a figure she only refers to as "the late master." She was raised among many other kobolds undergoing the same training and was released into the world to practice and hone her talent, so she may eventually return for further tutelage under the late master. She's been raised to be kind hearted and servile, and gladly serves with a party of adventurers, putting her magical skill to use.

Eskit Sarin was born in a small logging village which, unknown to the villagers, sat close to a fey crossing. It was perhaps a visitor from there who was his true his sire, his apparent father leaving in disgust at his birth. While he looked like for the most part like other humans - taking especially after his mother - a small pair of ears sat atop his head, matching the feline tail that extended from the base of his spine (I'm sorry).
While the villagers eventually forgot their suspicion over the years, he still preferred to wander the forest finding great pleasure in exploring and discovering the various curiosities within. One such discovery happened to be the fey crossing.

There's a fair bit more to it like how he came to start tinkering with automatons but I'm currently phoneposting so it's a bitch to type out. What are thoughts so far?

>Tarka is a kobold

>was released into the world to practice and hone her talent, so she may eventually return for further tutelage under the late master
This is transparently gamist and more than a little lazy. It's basically "this person trained me to be an adventurer so I could go be an adventurer" but with a coat of paint on it.

Also if you showed that character portrait at my table you'd get a few raised eyebrows.

2/10 would not enter the piss forest

>Character Name
Eisen Cobb
>Description
An ageing human, he stands a little taller than average, with worn leathery skin, he beard is almost unkempt, and starting to grey as is his hair, which is normally pitch black.

His eyes are brown, and he has a strong jaw, his body shows the tell-tale signs of an adventurer - scarred and well worn.

At a glance a person could tell he keeps himself in shape, though he is not overly muscled or toned, instead maintaining a litheness about him.

He tends to favour dark colours that match his black hair, and simple and functional clothes.

In his youth (and when in battle) he wore a white tabard emblazoned with a red lion, over well kept chain-mail with a full helm.

He fought with a rune encrusted longsword called Silence, which he has kept in retirement.

He runs a small speak-easy with his wife, in the capital called the Broken Blade, which is frequented by many of his old comrades and those who like rough and tumble company.

He speaks simply, letting Lydia handle more diplomatic discourse. He has a pragmatic worldview, though he values a sense of loyalty or duty.

Keen to hear responses and insight.

I'm glad I don't have to DM for people like you.

Sounds like a bro.

Rude

How does she deal with the stigma of being a kobold? Sounds very cutesy, but well done regardless.

>his apparent father leaving in disgust at his birth

I would too if my life was fucking catpeople behind my back.

Sounds decent, though. Has his natural curiosity ever gotten him into trouble?

wife*

Name is good. Easy to remember.

>beard is almost unkempt
So is it unkempt or not? Is he scruffy or clean? This descriptor tells me nothing.

>his body shows the tell-tale signs of an adventurer - scarred and well worn.
How would I know this unless I see him shirtless? You think I'm some kind of fag?

>In his youth (and when in battle) he wore a white tabard emblazoned with a red lion, over well kept chain-mail with a full helm.
Literally no one except people who already know him can know this. Pointless to put on a descriptor page presumably for other players during the introduction phase.

>He speaks simply, letting Lydia handle more diplomatic discourse. He has a pragmatic worldview, though he values a sense of loyalty or duty.
Completely unnecessary in a character description because it's something I would pick up during actual roleplay.

Also:
>longsword called Silence
>mfw

Thanks man, wanted him to come across as a nice enough dude.

Trying to come up with some ideas as to his previous escapades, that aren't too heroic or world changing.

My character's name is Twain. He is a Human Ranger. He looks like a guy, white skin with brown hair and brown eyes. He stands roughly 6 feet tall, and has a reasonably balanced build.

Twain's father is a shipwright, renowned locally for his well designed and crafted vessels. He's good at what he does. Twain also has an older brother who followed in his father's footsteps to a certain extent. He holds the position of first mate on a merchant vessel sailing the length of the Sword Coast, and aspires to one day own his own ship.

Twain admires his older brother Rowan for his achievements but does not share the same ambitions. He set out from home intending to pursue a career in the city guard, but through a series of events he ended up as a bounty hunter instead. This caused some minor friction between him and his family who interpreted his shift in occupation as being motivated by greed.

Twain fights close to his enemies, grappling and throwing his opponents around, and sometimes setting them loose only to follow them with a well placed hunter's mark. He proved quite well suited for locating persons of interest, and he shares an amiable working relationship with the guardsmen of whichever city he happens to find himself in.

He is currently attempting to locate his best friend who has disappeared under extremely suspicious circumstances. He's had just about enough of being fucked around at this point, and he is probably going to go nuclear sometime in the near future.

>beard
fair one, how would you describe the beard in the pic I posted? Thats what I was attempting to describe. Normally I wouldn't put in a physical description Id just the picture.
>body
I meant it as all encompassing, face, hands, hards, etc. But I get your point. Ill try and rephrase or cut it.
>Past
ill cut it.
>Speaking
Thats a good take on it, I think of ways to show not tell.

>Silence
Please give me another name, that was a placeholder given to me by the GM. is it a reference to something?

Mioda Hotakainen is a barbarian girl who purposefully endangers herself as a means of soul searching. Sluggish of mind but sober enough to realize how slow and uncaring she is, she indulges on thrills, from fighting to drugs and alcohol, to feel anything more than a sleepy emptiness in her life. Seeing sober people happy while she struggles to do so with all the shit she does makes her feel like some subhuman animal, and she has a very nasty habit of really selling the animal part to people when her facade of happy-go-lucky intentional comic relief falls apart.

She's a tall, frail-ish looking girl with long black hair that she occasionally dyes streaks of obnoxious, blindingly bright colors like pink and cyan, setting a pretention of hyperactivity which her dull gray eyes betray. She has a pair of fake horns she wears whenever she feels particularly animalistic/not a proper human being. Her clothes are a rag-tag jackets and pants slightly too big for her, and her bargain bin dane axe is rusty on the head and swollen in the haft. Often seen experimenting with new kinds of drinks or drugs. Never seen crying, she doesn't let anyone see that.

check'd

Very good example of a well-fleshed out human.

10/10 would game with.

>Beard
I would just say a short, scruffy beard. That's what you see in the picture. When someone has facial hair, all you really need to say is length and grooming. Short and scruffy? Long and kempt? Basic rule of descriptors in general is short and to-the-point.

>Silence
Not a reference. It's just edgy and banal. It's an awfully pretentious name for a weapon, especially since this guy is apparently not too hung up on that sort of thing. As a rule I really don't like weapon names because they're almost always overly dramatic to the point it's boring. Your weapon name should say something about the character's personality, and this tells me nothing. Ultimately your character doesn't strike me as someone who would name a weapon and I can only see it being appropriate if it already had that name when he got it.

Yeah it did have a name before he got it. Im not too happy about the name either but I haven't come up with anything better.

I might just talk with the GM and see if I can just remove the name, I think its a plot hook for later, but in that case the name can be revealed at the time it becomes relevant.

Thanks heaps.

You take weapon names way too seriously. It's just a word.

Valya is a half-elf paladin of the Traveler, one of the Dark Six. During her childhood, her village was attacked by a bandit clan and her sister was kidnapped by them. Swearing revenge, she took up the shortsword and began pursuit. Fascinated by her drive, the Traveler offered her his gift by making her vow a full Oath of Vengeance. Alone and weak, Valya resorted to dirty tactics to track down the bandit; even resorting to torture.

She was too late. Her sister, thinking no help was coming, had made her own escape attempt, which resulted in the bandits catching and killing her. Valya burnt the camp to the ground as the bandits slept, but there was no sign of leadership, save for a precious metal ore in an empty room of the camp. She infused her shortsword with the ore, which made the blade invisible, and has traveled to the only known nation that mines this metal, deciding that since she can't uncover who exactly is responsible for her family's death, killing every last member of this bandit-clan will ensure her revenge.

To innocent folk, Valya mentions none of this. They don't deserve her ire, and becomes sick with guilt if her actions harm them. Recently, she's begun to doubt the effectiveness of her more brutal techniques, but still considers fighting with honour a weakness she can't afford to embrace.

Sounds very interesting to game with, although a bit tumblr-ish.

>Im not too happy about the name either
This is a good angle for the character. He thinks the name is stupid and pretentious so he just doesn't bring it up, maybe?

My character's name is Joseph-Bobby. He's a recently shunned Cleric of Zarus. His skin is as pale as the purely driven snow, and his eyes are like eyes. His hair is made up of hair, which is blood stained because of the religious purges, spiked up to be 5in in length. He stands 5'5, and weighs 210 .lbs, he is quite short and xenophobic. He wears absolutely nothing, and wields a Sphere of annihilation and a light buckler. He wears a wooden pendant of Zarus' likeness that gives him great wind. He also has no gloves which make him more naked, and nothing that helps to deflect attacks from him.

Joe-Bob's father was a Elf of considerable repentance, and his mother was an Noddite Governess that his father seduced, therefore Joe-Bob is a half-elf. His mother died after childbirth, when she grasped the Elf's hand in marriage, which killed him.

Joe-Bob is an individual of much stupidity and diligence, with a unique worldview due to how people raised him as an Orthodox. He uses his faith and his silly appearance to integrate, and his divine magic to instantly slay those that would befriend him. He views evil acts as occasionally elven, and focuses more on destruction of kenders rather than assimilation and brainwashing of the weak and the sick. His clerical pursuits are simply to become more human.

He resides in somewhere, running a small church that take on jobs acquiring other god worshippers for ransom.

Arkio Von Orlok, firstborn of Greshti Von Orlok, heir to Ravenhart, has issues.

Once fated to take his father's throne, he spent his youth studying scripture of the God-Emperor, his Comatic Lord entrapped upon the golden throne, and honing his talent with blades. Should things have proceeded as intended, he would have taken his father's place, and ruled his barony with a just and faithful hand. Unfortunately, a mutant uprising from the dark forests outside the blessed walls of Ravenhart put paid to that: when the last beast was driven away, Arkio was found atop a pile of slain sub-humans, blades broken and bent with the strength of his blows, still feverishly murmuring prayers, even as the Angels Sanguine descended from the heavens to take their tithe. Perhaps fearing his son's righteous fury, Arkio was offered up to the Angels of Death as a tribute.

After fourty years in his Emperor's service, Arkio was engaged in a boarding action upon a space-hulk. Taking command of his squad after his sergeant was vaporized by an Ork rokkit, they led a desperate vanguard action against the horde, chainswords stalling as they became jammed with Orkflesh, holding the flank against a seemingly unending tide of Xenos. When the beast's Warboss was finally slain, Arkio was the only member of his squad left standing. He was shortly thereafter transferred to the Deathwatch, where he seeks to prove his worth as a blessed warrior of the Comatic God.

Arkio, however, has a great deal to prove. His Gene-seed twists and warps within him, the red thirst burning brightly within him, even as his he maintains his chapter's secret beneath his helmet. His rage, hatred, and burning desire to, for once, be accepted cause him to clash with the members of the Kill-Team, especially given how little their chapters care about honour.

In Battle, he wields Laughter's End: The Blade baptized in the blood of Harlequins.

Haha I hadn't considered that.

I do quite like him being in possession of an relic that has its own history, but him disliking its pretentious name.

So people in the bar recognise it but he just hand waves it off.

During his forest excursions he has managed to attract the attention of a few dangerous animals. He was able to escape the slower ones or simply throw his lunch at anything small.
However one time he encountered a pack of wolves fairly close to the village. Being much faster than him they would have set upon him had the village scouts (the village would send out scouts to ward off animals who may harm livestock or villagers) not been close by and driven them off. Since then he's decided not to rely on his luck and resolved to temper his curiosity with caution.
Even so it gets the better of him from time to time, which is why his original tutor became so furious at him.

Pretty solid. Clear and understandable motivation. Weird take on a Paladin, feels almost more like a warlock. That she's apparently so ashamed of her brutality makes her seem kind of two-faced though. That's something which needs to come to a head at some point her in her development.

The invisible sword thing is kinda weird. I'd be really paranoid about losing it.

Why didn't she just figure she killed the bandit leader as well though? Bandit chiefs typically don't look much different than their cronies. If you want that direct revenge story, I would shift her focus to a specific bandit with a recognizable face.

The fuck is this, /v/?

Bad thread OP, but not because of you. The absolute state of /the/ is such that the shitwits crawling out of the woodwork to offer facile and shallow critique while failing to offer up their own characters for analysis cannot engage you in a sincere and honest way. I'm sorry that you can't have a thread like this because it's one of the only ones in fifteen pages of bullshit worth having.

A nice take on the barbarian that isn't just "lemme smash", I see lots of potential here for great RP character moments.

Character with emotional issues opening up to friends over time is an oldie but still a goodie. Bonding between PCs is something I always enjoy seeing or being a part of.

Solid dilemma with her balance between guilt and vengeance, I hope she's aware that whoever she's hunting down probably has invisible blades to shank her with. Be careful.

Your post made me happy user, thank you.

I noticed that the feedback is mostly truncated, too.

It's still interesting to see the mix of characters, though.

What's his specialty?

Who's his tutor, and what's his relationship with his tutor like?

Yeah, her relationship with the party's warlock is a strange one, but generally he sees her as wasted potential.

The handle is still visible, but the blade isn't. She shares a magical bond that allows her to sense the blade. It normally has a black crackling light around it that allows vision of it, but she can temporarily suppress this light to make the blade completely undetectable. (Style points, but it's essentially just a second use of Vow of Emnity.)

There was no leader present; her violent approach meant they knew she was coming and weren't bothered to wait for her arrival.

Wait if they knew she was coming then how did she catch them off guard and massacre them all in their sleep?

This is probably going to sound edgy, but for my defense it's also the tone of the campaign.

Irvine is a paladin/ardent.
He was raised as a ward of a philosopher-warrior order of Kelemvor.
He lived is whole life for the order, until in his 40s the city they resided in was attacked by demons [this is tied in to the campaign, demons currently running amok everywhere].
Naturally, the order fought, and naturally they died. Irvine was the last man standing more or less, and not standing well. He was captured.
He was tortured by the demons trying to make him fall because they needed a past time. They kept healing him so they could go again, but his body still ended up failing when they were not paying attention.
He woke up in a mass grave and realised he *did* die and was now an undead. Which is an after-effect of the healing magic overdose he was subjected to in a very short time span.

So now he's trying to figure out exactly how and why he is tested so (Kelemvor clergy abhors the undead), and is on a pilgrimage as a knight-philosopher errant to find someone who will answer his questions and decide if he should be allowed to live or not. .

He is still a fairly honourable man, not the best fighter around especially since his body is basically rotting. His best stats are wisdom and charisma, and his will save is through the roof. He was already pretty calm as a living man, but now he's very quiet.

Ardeth, a human archer without bow. Dextrous and courageous, he walks the world seeking the people he can help. Don't have a pic at hand.
He's a younger son of deposed king, which he avenged with his cunning, magnificent bastard brother, Delath. After his brother reclaimed throne, he became head of his guard, only to watch young king abuse his power and hurt their people.
One failed kin(g)slaying attempt later he's without his bow, reduced to throwing daggers, travelling, seeking redemption for letting his brother get the throne and survive. If he gets to kill Delath's henchmen, it's even better.

The Traveler on occasion grants her small abilities, and marked their first contact with one such gift: she was magically place within the camp at night, which meant she'd bypassed the sentries on duty. She's only received this gift twice, and has yet to use the second opportunity, saving it for the right moment.

Jan is the youngest son in a family of carpenters, living on a small island.
As his older brothers are to take over the family business, he's often tasked with grunt work.
He spends his free time in the nearby woods practising archery, mainly to get away from his family.
He sports a short underdeveloped beard which he is overly proud of.
(Human Fighter Battlemaster)
This is a character I made up after rolling for stats, I want to give him a good set of goals or motivations but I'm stuck. Any anons got ideas?

Irvine seems really cool. I generally don't think a character is edgy unless they act edgy. Being the last survivor of a force isn'te edgy; moping about it on rooftops is.

I love the idea of the knight-philosopher. Makes me think of how the description of Warforged says they're not sure if they have souls.

Make sure his philosophy is What doth life?

Whyy's she a half elf? How does that play into her character?

I'm not 100% finished, but how does this look so far?
[Insert name here since I haven't decided on one yet] was a child prodigy who eventually secured a research position at one of the magical academies on the contininent at a relatively young age (I'm thinking early 20's?).
While there, he stumbled onto some old, obscure text on psionics that truly fascinated him. After a great amount of further study, he developed a theory on a poaaible correlation between the arcane and the psychic (or something along those lines) , but was summarily laughed out by his colleagues. Driven by an intense desire to prove them wrong, he found a cave somewhere in the woods and secluded himself entirely, devoting the next near-decade to intense mental training.
Obsessed with proving himself correct, he has decided to try and gain some renown as an adventurer for two reasons: to field-test these newfound powers and further develop his research, and in hopes that word of his psychic feats reaches the ears of his former colleagues.

The child prodigy thing was because I got a high roll and with racial bonuses, he has 19 int at level 1. I also have some stuff about hia family relationship drafted (estranged even before his outright isolation. They straight up cut off contact with him after he refused to make time for his little sister's (something. I'm thinking induction into a paladin order but unsure if that would work), but I don't think that's going to come into play this campaign.

She was raised with an elven name growing up in a human village. Young elves use a "child" name until they declare themselves an adult.

So...nothing?

His tutor's an elderly gnome. When Eskit first wandered through the fey crossing he found a little house. Naturally his first instinct was to knock and see who lived there, the second being preparing to bolt if the resident was less than friendly.
The old gnome opened the door and, delighted at the prospect of having a guest, invited him in. They got to chatting over cake and Eskit enquired about the various metal animals on shelves and skittering to-and-fro. When the old man told him about his clockwork toys, Eskit's eyes lit up and he practically begged the gnome to teach him. All too happy to pass on his craft, the old man agreed.
That's how his days passed from then on. Sneaking off to the gnome's house to learn the intricacies of clockwork and how to give the more complex creations just a spark of magic to keep them going. Months and months of this went on, the constant improving and tinkering sating his curiosity. One day they found the little house had a few rats skulking about so the old man, being a kindly fellow, set out to find his friend, a satyr who would be happy to charm the rats into moving somewhere they wouldn't be a nuisance. Eskit had a better idea, a much quicker idea. He simply modified his own contraptions, armed them with blades and spikes and set them down, laying crumbs of food as bait. It worked better than he had hoped and when his true returned he took delight in showing the old man his handiwork.
Dead silence.
The little old gnome exploded with anger. His methods were not to be used to hurt even the smallest creature. They were toys, they were to bring delight not bloodshed. On and on he went as Eskit bit his tongue. When he finally calmed down he apologised to the satyr, then ordered Eskit to dismantle the tiny killers and then go home for today. He would continue to teach, but if anything like this happened again there would be no second chance.

Thanks. I was really on the fence whether to make him a paladin or a monk. He's a bit of both in spirit.
Heh.

Ratfolk wizard, merchant by trade. Setting has lots of small islands, so he learned magic to try and mess with the trade routes of his business competition. Generally unpleasant fellow that doesn't have any shame about being self centered, a real rat bastard

Well, half-elves are between two worlds, but she's instead caught between two concepts (vengeance vs guilt). It's not really something brought up since race doesn't have much meaning in the world she's in.

Grunk my full Orc Paladin of Tyr, Oath of Vegance with an it of 6 for my Strahd Campaign.

As a child Grunk witnessed his clan wiped out by Paladins in shining armor and was awestruck by their awesome power and begged his attackers to join their order. The priests saw his fanatical devotion and allowed him to join knowing this Orc lacked the intelligence to questions doctrine and could be brainwashed into a fearsome, fanatical tool for their cause.
Grunk lacked the ability to keep up with his peers in the classroom but was a overwhelming opponent in the training ground. Grunk was made a special "Picture Holy Book" filled with crude drawings to help Grunk remember the tennets of his faith. The high priests knew Grunk would never understand the meaning behind the words, but he could easily used since he would never understand enough to question them when told to exact their holy wrath upon anyone the priesthood deemed an enemy of the temple. Luckily for their enemies, Grunk was kidnapped to Barovia before he could ever be used.

Int of 6. Stupid phone auto cotrect.

Any redeeming qualities or does he not give a rat's ass about anyone?

Not really, he tends to use the rest of the party to his own ends. The rest are either blinded by greed or too dumb to rat him out

Pretty stupid character. But seriously, it's not very interesting

I like it. Nice alternative to the standard lawful stupid Paladin. I hate playing Paladin, but a brainwashed idiot gives you the chance to play someone who sees the world in black and white and smash evil

>Nice alternative to the standard lawful stupid Paladin.
>brainwashed idiot gives you the chance to play someone who sees the world in black and white and smash evil
But...those are the same thing?

>Aging (former) brigand clan leader
>beaten half to death and nailed to a tree when he insisted that a stable trade economy would probably be better for their tribe than pillaging everything for miles
>Too old and tired to care about politics or grand quest schemes anymore. Just cares about doing the little good he can before he drinks himself to death.
>Stubbornly nearsighted, doesn't get too philosophical about the needs of the few vs the needs of the many, thing. Just does what he thinks is right in the moment.
>"Fuck the caravan we're supposed to rescue, you do it. I'm going back to town with this 10 year old girl we found in the wreck of the last one, make sure she gets there safe. Come or don't."

>Also is apparently the reincarnation of a giant storm wolf that almost destroyed the world a couple times. Didn't write that bit, it's the GM's plot hook.

Toku Haru is a young samurai with long, black hair tied into a ponytail most of the time, hazel eyes and a fairly tan complexion, like that of a man who spends his days outdoors mostly. About 175 cm tall, his body sports an athletic frame that is usually covered either by his brown and black light armor or by his plain grey kimono and brown kataginu, which bears the mon of the Monkey Clan on the back of his vest and kimono. The mon of his family, the Toku, is on the left side on the front of his jacket and armor whereas the mon of the Toku Bushi is on his right, closer to his sword arm where it should be.

Similar to his appearance, his weapons are fairly mundane at a glance: the unique thing about his sword, however, is the mon of the Toku bushi engraved in the center of his hilt.

>Personality description is a WIP. Will be added when I'm done.

>He wears magically enchanted bronze full plate
How does one determine that it's magically enchanted? Is it glowing? Sparkling?

>Pa'glen's father was an Efreet of considerable power, and his mother was an Aasimar Paladin that his father captured, therefore Pa'glen is a bastard. His mother died during childbirth, when she grasped the Efreet's scepter and activated it's necromantic enchantment, which killed her.
I will assume that the backstory shouldn't have been in the description?

>and his divine magic to instantly slay those that would cross him.
>He views evil acts as occasionally necessary, and focuses more on destruction of his rather than protection and healing of the weak and sick.
Is this what someone who just met him would know?

>His clerical pursuits are simply to gain more power.
Pretty generic motivation honestly.

6/10, you can do better.

No?

How did he go from bandit to "do good"? Banditry would imply some selfishness, even if he tried to move to a more civilized way of living.

Orque the half-orc barbarian is a pretty successful chef who cooks in honor of his orcish feast diety. He is adventuring to try the world’s delectables on a pilgrimage. He rages with artistic passion whenever he cooks or fights.

I did not know Dungeon Messi existed when I made him.

Mine's an Awakened Undead Rogue by the name of Rook. He was killed, raised by a necromancer, and then he just sort of woke up wandering the desert one day sans all his skin and organs, and eventually fell in with the thieves guild. At the start of the campaign, he was hired by a rich kid as extra muscle to guard a shipment of a rare and VERY volatile metal via train to an isolated mountain that houses the only forge in the kingdom equipped to process said metal. Personality-wise, Rook's somewhat cynical, fairly reserved, though he does get more talkative once he warms up to a person, and he's recently taken a kid that he saved from his drunken, abusive father under his wing and is teaching him some survival and self-defense skills. In terms of appearance, he goes around in public with a big coat, and a wide-brimmed hat with an oversized pair of goggles and a scarf covering up his face, and with a rapier and his specially crafted hand cannon he's dubbed the Falling Star at his side.

Otho Tellerson is a squat and broad man, but of course he is being a Dwarf. His long coarse hair is braided and woven through hammered bronze clasps each stamped with his house symbol. His beard however is kept trim, only just resting on his breastplate. Soot the colour of his hair is smeared across him, and rough callouses cover his hands. A large nose hangs over his moustache and above that two slate black eyes squint below his heavy-set brow.
Otho wears simple clothes if met out of combat, favouring dark neutral colours akin to his own skin and hair. If you meet him wearing his gleaming, master craftsdwarfship battle-plate hope that he is on your side. Or you are at a dinner with the local lord, as his armour being dwarf-craft is the most formal outfit he owns.

Stephanie the Binder a once mortal now god-like being with about the same level of understanding of how the world works as she did when mortal.
Her signature move is trying to hang out with mortals, and help them out where she can.

Which usually results in the deaths of those around her when she tries too hard or makes a mistake.

She has to keep reminding herself she's not evil and that trying is not a sin, but she's become more and more scared to interact with the world because of how many of her friends have died because of her actions.

Check your spelling, child prodigy immediately sets of alarm bells for me but it sounds fine for your group. His decision to adventure sounds mildly contrived but its not bad.
Overall would play with and might become memorable through play. I'm assuming you're playing a cerebremancer or erudite?

Maybe his family tells stories about having hero ancestors and your character wants to make your family name legendary again, instead just those carpenters

Top tier, would play with.

Race doesn't always need to have any big character defining importance. Lots of game worlds don't care too much about race.

DESU sounds like cancer unless you're writing a novel. Still probably cancerous. Who cares if you and your group have fun though.

Damn, thats a pretty cool backstory.

Oh fuck there is a filter on?

An old Goliath Monk named Thamahk Murderfist, although he only goes by Thamahk. He is 8'2", 320lb and a follower of Aurom. He has long grey hair and a thick beard both tied into a braid and held together with large wooden beads, he still keeps a large set of wooden prayer beads from his childhood wrapped around his wrist.
When he was younger he lived with his nomadic tribe learning the ways of the fist and was an exceptional student, however he was aggressive and rash. He felt the master was too weak and didn't push his students hard enough, he decided he should be the master and challenged him to a fight for leadership. The master denied him, and in a cold blooded rage Thamahk murdered his master, even though he never resisted. As he dropped his lifeless master to the ground he was surrounded and overtaken by a thick dark mist and his right arm was twisted and misshapen, a writhing mass of monstrous deformed flesh.
Thamahk was caught in the act by another student and his punishment for his crimes was banishment, his horrible crimes earned him exile and the shameful name "murderfist"
He spent 35 years alone in the wilderness meditating on his actions, honing his skills as a martial artist and avoiding contact with everything he could.
Deeply ashamed of his past, he keeps his deformed arm tied behind his back and hidden in his Gi and adopted a self taught one armed fighting style. He has never told anyone his full name or about his horrible past and curse.
Now he travels the land, trying to intervene and stop any evil deeds he sees in a vain attempt to please the gods. However, his affliction has only grown stronger over the years and his tainted arm has started to act on its own and frequently attempts break free from the ropes locking it in place.
Thamahk doesn't want either fame, fortune or power, and only wants to cure his curse and redeem himself so that some day he might die an honourable death as a proud warrior, and not as a shameful cursed murderer.

Well, GM is cool enough that I was even able to thwart some of Delath's devilish deeds.
But what I want the most is the session I will have to reluctantly work together with the bastard, unleashing our split duo once again.

This is what happens when pirates capture a family, notice the family's kid was being abused, and raise the kid as their own, he's now the captain of the ship, and is trying to get the other pirates and their crew on his side, as apparently (the groups cleric said when he met her) the end of days is coming, but they could survive the incoming disaster if they work together, in their case, being the kraken's awakening.

Before Calisto Ibarra turned in an outlaw knight, he was one of the knights who served the witch queen of Az'car, Liaan, the killer of Elcid and his linneage.

For years, as a guard of the castle, Calisto nurtured a secret love for the queen, but since he was a mere soldier, he was not allowed to speak with her. Calisto dedicated his efforts to when he had to walk by the castle on his watch, he could see the queen and admire her beauty for seconds - and then, continue his path, hoping she does not notice him, being afraid that if he talked with her, he could be offending the queen.

Liann was a really cold woman. Rulling with iron fist the kingdom of Az'Cara, the people disliked her since her wizardry and power allowed the destruction of any rebbelion in 300 years since of her ascension to the throne.

For Callisto, in that short moments, when he saw the queen alone in the garden, he could saw something that everyone ignored: the tears of sadness from the queen and her suffering. And confusion wandered in his mind for the days after that, thinking why the queen was crying that night.

He discovered when the white hunter came. An paladin who was famous for collecting the souls of dread witches and wizards and offering that souls to his God's light. In an arrow, the paladin steal the soul of the queen, and before it was too late, the queen turned her body in stone as last hope that someone would bring your soul back.

The queen hadn't had many allies on his court, and as soon as the white hunter fleed, the kingdom was in the eminence of a civil war, with old alliances returning to get the throne.

Calisto couldn't bear just stand there, doing nothing as all his life was. In a night, he stole one of the most powerful artifacts of the old kingdom: Tizona, the dusk sword and devourer of light, the Elcid's sword and the right weapon to take in his journey.

And with the sword, he managed to escape from the heart of the court, being fuelled with the power of the blade. Victorious, before finnally escape, he sware to bring queen's soul back and her kingdom. An act for his honor, his vows and his love.

The betrayal and the steal of the most important artifact of the kingdom enraged the nobles, and soon his escape, they put his head on reward to return the artifact to the kingdom and punish the foolish knight.

While he's traveling pursuing the white knight, Calisto heard a lot of tales from himself and his actions - none of them saw him in a favorable way. It appears as him was the only one who would fight for the witch queen, and there is some who says he was charmed by the cold witch.

Maybe they're true. But spells of his queen have none with that.

Hanging an old cliche out to dry:
The son of a crusading knight, after studying holy magic in order to one day follow in his father's footsteps, comes across increasingly unsettling evidence that there is a witch or eldritch evil in the area. Eventually, he traces it to his mother, and is horrified to know that he is in fact some sort of cambrion by her tainted blood. Going mad as a result, he sets himself on fire and runs into the wilderness, assumed dead soon after.
In reality, he wakes up several days later and makes his way back to civilization using a new name, burned and scarred badly. Now focused, he swears to find his father and face 'judgement' by his hand.

A jester who used to have it all but fucked it all hope with just a sentence.
He is of noble lineage and decided to work as a court jester . He was quite successful with cracking joke about the political situations, other satyre and other absurd joke. He was no stranger to doing some acrobacy or juggling either.
The problem is that he made a rather crude and tasteless joke revealing how the queen had numerous lover [spoiler(]not like it was a secret to most of the court,except for the king)[/spoiler].
He is normally quite smart about what to say at the court but that morning he drank to much foreign wine with his brother.

After that he was of course thrown in jail and tortured for a week or two, his nose is now completly crooked and he was branded on his cheek, a symbols to mark him as a pariah.

He was of course disowed by his family and no one cared to defend him (not much could have be done anyway). He lose his heritage and status but he also lose he sens of humor and most of his charisma

He managed to escape, but he is now pennyless, whithout ally and his mark make it hard to live a normal life while he is in the city, in the country side it's a bit less of an handicap

I would have used him for a Pathfinder campaign but I had to withdraw from it as my schedule didn't allow me to attend it.

I'm still keeping the art from the drawthread and the concept around though

The world's just getting over a devastating war and the bandit clans are made up of the people caught in the middle with nowhere else to go. Not inherently evil, just resorting to the easiest way of getting by they can. But since the war ended it sort of shifted from "ex farmers and scared deserters too stupid or afraid to do any better" to generally shitty people coming in for the promise of freedom to do whatever they want. My character is a good person at heart that was just so jaded to the old necessity of banditry that he didn't realize how shitty the people he was leading were until they crucified him.
I'm not really sure what that's supposed to be responding to in this context

Afraid of stronk women user?
How is it tumblr ish?

It diminishes the value of race when the choice has no rp implications. Might as well do what anons are always suggesting and have an all human setting

Gwyn is a human mage. Young man, about 6'4", extremely thin and looks sleep deprived. Light purple hair due to a magic accident he was too lazy to fix. Very cynical and distant, but helps people when they really need it.
Born to a pair of farmers in a small village, he practiced his craft and became a miracle worker for the village. Over time, people came to appreciate his work less and less, taking his help for granted and seeing him as useless. His happy demeanor fell apart from the growing strain with his relationship to the town, and he left home. Now he's been living in a tower on the outskirts of the capital city, growing stronger to try and find new meaning in his life. Until he's framed for a crime (by the President's secretary as a joke) and forced into the government's service, joining the party.

The stranger is a foreigner to the material plane. He is traveling through these parts on a mission to gather wealth, his people are hyper-materialist and he needs the appropiate amount of wealth to get his lover's father to sanction their marriage.
Although he can get confused by humanoids and their strange obsession with intangible principles he has it in his heart to pity them and strives to do good wherever he roams. Always the stranger, a traveller in transit he rarely sticks around to make friends. However, he has travelled with a party of like-minded fortuneseekers for some time now, they're gradually teaching him the virtue of indiscriminate killing, extortion and theft.
It's a natural fit for him to more and more develop ways to use his people's technology to kill and destroy, sinking deeper into madness as he supresses his doubts and fears of failure and dying on the material plane without ever seeing his beloved again. Bigger and badder firearms are the result, the kind that shake up the way battles have been fought by humanoids for centuries.

>dyed hair
>other obnoxious fashion choices
what did you think tumblr-ish meant?

Then why are you even in this thread?

Elain Ecrou is one of several dozen heirs in succession to the noble title of her family. While the Ecrou lineage is well regarded in Avalon, its history is pockmarked by periods of brutal filial conflict and desperate poverty; their fecund families produce a fractious number of potential inheritors to the Ecrou fortunes. The most recent of these "quarrels" (Elain's term) was by far the most devastating - dozens of Ecrou holds were razed and the records pertaining to various hidden hoards were burned for safekeeping. That was nearly a century ago, and the Ecrou line has slowly recovered, but without its famous wealth. Elain has, as have many of her brothers and sisters, set out into the wide world of Avalon to search for evidence of the hidden hoards of her family, and, potentially, to succeed where generations of her kin have failed.

>name
has an apostrophe in it, i'm immediately off side.
>imbued with great wisdom and soundness
so what is he without it?
>gloves that make him nimble
this is getting power trippy, what is the character like naked?
>mother died in childbirth, when she blah blahd a blah
Coooool
>much swagger
ah huh
>has a unique world view due to how other people view him
which is? what does that even mean
>divine magic to instantly slay
jesus christ, is this a player character or?
>evil acts as occassionally necessary
so they aren't evil? another confusing line
>focuses more on destruction of his
foes? what the fuck are you saying
>clerical pursuits are simply to gain more power.
Ah yes, the gods are often unable to see their subjects true motives. And which gods? Wtf is happening here.

Not too bad, kinda cutesy but whatever. The only thing id cut is "she may return" i'd either say she is going to return after XYZ or just leave it up to the campaign. I mean, its either a goal or not.

>almost unkempt
u wot
>in his youth
why is this relevent
>named sword
faggot
>runs a small speakeasy with his wife
I actually like this a lot, so he is a retired adventurer who opened up a tavern? ha cool.

>This was just depressing to read, if someone came to my table with it id assume they are depressed or something.

way too much detail for far too little. It boils down to
>family killed by bandits,
>swears holy oath to avenge,
>patron hears and agrees,
>kills bandits now as occupation

Good one, you actually got me.

Yeah all round pretty good. Have you considered why he didnt just immediately suicide?

Why would they take him on and teach him at all when they could just manipulate him so easily?
If he doesnt understand the faith he follows how can he even follow it? Like surely Tyr gets nothing from that.

Undead knight here.

Didn't kill himself because he's sure his god doesn't do mistakes, he's either being tested or punished, and he has to figure out which it is.
Plus there's this tiny survival part of him that's just glad to be "alive" after all that, if maimed.

Gromnir (name is work in progress) is a Dwarfen Thief who believes himself to be a smart, smooth-talking Dwarf when he's more of this short wannabe treasure hunter with an average intelligence and an addiction to tobacco and gambling.

Lazlo LeChance. GN human necromancer.

An older gent, pushing 70, he is kind natured if not a little overly altruistic. He does what he believes correct in the moment.

Getting up there in years, Lazlo has decided to find ways to preserve his power and has elected to follow the Elven route of Lichdom.

He also has his familiar as a ferret named Mr. Nibbles.