>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

old thread

Really proud of how the gold turned out. Not so happy about the photo itself. I gotta get some non yellow light bulbs

Anyone got the space marine chapter roll image?

Red is done, but still have a long way to go on the black.

If we must...

Cheers

Not again please

I like the gold. Keep at it user.

Spot the Johnny.

AoP board progress -- got the ruins glued in place, rubble added, sand glued.
Just got to wait for it to dry and I can start painting it now.

SONOVABITCH

Thanks. Also fixed up this Captain of my friend's from the previous thread.

Starting a genestealer cult. How are my test models?

Paints need some thinning, but I dig the scheme.

THIN YOUR PAINTS!

some more admech done. Should've filled the gaps on plasma cannons but realised too late to do anything about it.

Could be just on my end, but the skin on those dudes looks just a bit too healthy.

Yeah, you really should have. Also, tank tracks that are clean on top and covered in dust/mud at the bottom, well... take a moment to ponder how tracks work, ok?

Purple enough to suggest a pretty serious oxygenation deficiency I'd say.

You will eat that chart at every meal and you will like it!

Finished my test hellblaster, thoughts?

1/2

I need to break the arms off some painted models, used superglue.

Does freezing harm or make paint peel? They're sealed if that makes a difference?

2/2

Next time im not going to use flat black for the gun, but a really dark grey

I have only frozen one model for that reason, it was not sealed and all the paint came off

I would test it first with a spare painted bit and seal it like you normally would

Darn.

Thanks for the fast answers.

My WIP Malanthrope from a Hive Tyrant, Venomthorpe, and Green stuff

Besides the fact your picture is fucked its pretty good, i like the fleshy sacks

My first Krieger, they're going to be Steel Legion lookalikes.
Kept the highlights rather simple because I'm going to have to paint upwards of 60 of the buggers.
Still I should probably hit him with a matt varnish.

>Krieg begging for his life / asking for help

>implying kreig care if they die or not

Im sorry but this thing looks like a bionacle

Finished model time.

Finally got the bits to do a hydra kit for my rescued Wyvern.

I'll eventually make him a partner, who is magnetized.

>Not putting a rifle in his hand, showing how in his final moments he attempted to preserve valuable equipment

Disappointing and mildly heretical

>devaleuing your holy lasgun by getting your blood on it

Your platoons commissar has been notified of your wanton destruction of standard issue wargear.

Really solid tabletop quality. I think you'd be well-off getting a few bronzes/reds/greens and picking out some of the smaller details/buttons with some more interesting colors.

Are victoria minis arcadians really better scaled than cadians or do they just have better poses?
Pic related.

bulk the legs out with armour plate otherwise its too spindly, otherise its not a bad attempt. Most people who attempt this type of project always end up with shit looking legs. You can easily improve them with plating.

>scale purposes only, used without permission
Pffft

Oh...that's sad
GW said either: "Don't you dare let your toys touch my toys!"
Or they didn't bother asking because they knew GW's answer

1/2
Finished 40 cultists over the past two weeks, because the 40 I had apparently were not nearly enough.

The picture is pretty big, but I did not want to post 8 seperate pics.

I just really want to know if it's worth paying the extra price for Victoria Mini guardsmen over GW ones.
I want Guard with proportions that make some sense.

2/2

>guy in a wheelchair
Holy shit, nice

Rest look great too, a lot of work for cultists

If you want proportions that make sense you picked the wrong game.

Those are terrific, user! My only point of concern though regards the guy in the second to bottom row, second from the right. If these guys are supposed to be Chaos Cultists, I would do something about the Inquisition symbol on his belt. Otherwise they're great.

So that's a no?

If its a gimmick you have to explain its a bad gimmick.
I know its kind of stupid, that I have to tell it to everyone, but myguys use imperial iconography by design. I love the look and feel of it.
Here is my demon prince for example.

>Aquillas
REEEEaly nice work, still love it from the first time you posted it

Pretty good except that the green needs more shade IMO.

Blame my lighting. I didn't box it, obviously.

Pic related; same color scheme, properly boxed.

I gave my D&D PCs another round of dullcote, and it really helped tone down some of the particularly shiny parts.

So now they're all ready to finish the first adventure of the campaign. (I'm running them through Tales from the Yawning Portal.)

Really solid my dude.

Looks amazing dude.

>Still I should probably hit him with a matt varnish.
Agreed. He looks like he's peddling fish sticks.

Can you please tell me where the hand holding the unfurled scroll on the guy second from the left on the top row of 2/2 came from?

Fantastic work btw, I was thinking about trying something like this and you have inspired me

>I just really want to know if it's worth paying the extra price for Victoria Mini guardsmen over GW ones.
If you like the models.
I mean you have eyes and a side by side comparison. What else do you need?

Those are great. The wheelchair guy is hilarious.
Well done!

>Can you please tell me where the hand holding the unfurled scroll on the guy second from the left on the top row of 2/2 came from?
There was a Sisters of Battle Canoness that came with a bunch of hand options like that I think.

Not a dumb gimmick at all once you explain it; that's just gotta happen sometime. Your demon prince looks fantastic.

Have some bugs I did for my SWA GSC killteam in return. Just finished them a day or two ago.

>Mindflayer Genestealers

Thank you. Its a skaven plague monk bit.

great colors. the ymgarl in the back looks, like it had a really bad day, and wants you to know it.

Trying to rush my way through a new army (special snowflake SM chapter) as I find little interest in playing my already existing armies in 8th.

Finished up most of the vehicles for an initial 1500pts last evening. Just missing the treads which I still have to prime.

Ran into a bit of a snag.
I have a bit over a year, working a lot and don't have much time off for hobbying in general.
Haven't even painted a single figure in my massive hoard of stuff, just trying out ideas and getting slowly a concept of what I want to do for AoP. The problem lies in me not knowing where to start, really. Also, any tips for cleaning up mouldlines on plasma coils?

Considering the other half of this "story" he's probably begging the quartermaster to end him quickly.

Running baal preds as razorbacks as I'm not particularly fond of the razorback turret.

Ymgarl, really. They still eat minds

Man, dem wings!

>Considering the other half of this "story" he's probably begging the quartermaster to end him quickly.

>begging the quartermaster to kill him
>wanting the wanton destruction of the emperors precious resources

Could have died a loyal guardsman, but now he is just a heretic

Very few minitaures in this game have in any way sensible proportions.
The Victioria Miniatures Cadians are still heroic scale but their about as good as heroic scale gets.

Of all guard models out there Kriegers are probably the least heroic scale.

Dark eldar have decent proportions I think

He just wants his equipment to be recycled quickly, what's so heretical about that?

If you'd read about Krieg, like Dead Men Walking (one of the best 40k novel there is) you'd know their equipment is often worth more than them.

They're certainly among the better ones, though they too suffer from some heroic scale wonk.

good basecoat blocking. needs either highlights or more colors to make 'em pop. the 3 colors + 1 metallic look is great for designing a scheme and for the tabletop, but adding those little details really makes them read as "beings."

FW models in general, including the elysians, are closer to true scale than heroic.
Kriegers are basically 32mm though, cause they are about a head taller than cadian on average.

It all works out if you stick to one scale for your army though.

If you want truescale 40k models, buy historicals and put lasguns on them.
Some user in here did this a while ago. Perry body + victoria minis female (i.e. slightly smaller) arms.

Not too sure about that, maybe the heads just a bit but they got small and proportations hands and feet, and thin legs

I don't know about whole models, but I'm buying some legs to give My Guys more flavor.

Death is just early retirement, and retirement is heresy.

The quartermaster is probably just waiting for him to strip off all his kit so that he doeant have to put a hole through his helmet.

A few years ago, when GW still sold IG models in boxes of 20 I'd have said no.
After repackaging the models into boxes of 10 and jacking up the price I'd say, Victoria are more expensive, but all around you also get really good quality resin models that are a bit more character.
If you are building an army completely from the ground up I'd say yeah.

>Death is just early retirement, and retirement is heresy.
Nah. It's part of the standard deal. I think it was 20 years of service and you get a piece of land on a planet you fought on.
Something like that. Obviously inspired by roman Legionnaires.

But realistically speaking there are very few soldiers who make it longer than a few years, considering the stuff they face on a battlefield.

His coat has already been ripped open by whatever he is dying of, just put an extra shot or two there to finish the job.

Thanks - I always forget that my phone does that to pictures I post on Veeky Forums. What the hell am I doing wrong?

>kreig haveing enough emotion to show compassion and mercy

>soldier tr458726b5_0 was mortally wounded today, so i had to put him down as to not demoralize the other guard regiments

>why does tr458726b5_0 get to die? I have been fighting for a whole 3 months and havent even come close to death. My comrades see me as a veteran of the regiment and refuse to put me on the front line.

Same happens for me, galaxy phone right? Just take the picture sideways

Two early posts today.
Ended up with a few more shallow cuts than I'm comfortable mixing gs with, so use imagine her linked up to a buch of wires and better positioned.
I also replaced the styropor support beams for the ones shown in the back, looks much nicer but still need some work.

iPhone 5. But - yeah that would be an easy solution haha

And the vanguard vets I'm currently working on. The guys missing one hand will get custodes storm shields.

I have four unpainted imperial knights. (The local dealer had two new in box copies of Renegade for half off, pls no judge)

They have been sitting around for a while because I can't decide on a house.

Taranis, to go with my Mars skitarii
Or
Something else?

Thanks, im in between chapters rn. I get bored with one chapter (im mainly dark angels) so i paint multiple chapters

Pic related is hoe i started to paint my dangels

And the other thing. I did the first step in height appropriate bases for the three raptor count-as models here. Could have put more work in them originally, but this is where they are now.
Put some models on their area of the board and I think it works out with their height, teenage celestine may be a bit too dominant, but I'm not changing her base.
The final board will have everything: grass, trees, flowers, a river with a waterfall, dead people.

It looks really cringe mate.

And my predator (yes i know i forgot the mold line on the gunner arm)

>Wheely McWhipperly

That's a bright ass plasma gun. I like it

I started painting all my plasma like that because back in 6th and 7th my plasma would overheat every fucking game.

Glow is way over the top unless you paint everything else like it's in darkness. Makes little sense.

SeeHe is in the process of blowing up

Anyone know what kit this helmet is from? I want to do a kind of Knightly Khorne army,and this is obviously perfect size for a DP.

Maybe this one won't be on its side...

That's one cool mofo!

Much better pic, if painted right that greenstuff will 100% look like biomorphs and guts

If memory serves me correctly, that's from the defiler kit