Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Pour one out for macharius edition

Steel legion kinda sucks s(k)ub-edition

Last >Warhammer Community news(Regiment Focus: Steel legion) warhammer-community.com/2017/09/29/regimental-focus-armageddon-sep29gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339928-the-darkness-inside-humanitys-struggle/#entry4898819
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SoB are a meme army only cared about by waifufags

3rd for Sisters a QT !
Fuck you nigger !

what did the guy who's a lead writer for the Horus Heresy mean by this?

so which non fw dreads aren't trash?

do far the contemptor and redemptor are both pretty disappointing

If they ever took more legendary Imperium heroes and brought them back as Living Saints, who would they br and what would they do? Macharius? Pius?

>look ma, i posted it again!

Use my existing 70+ cadian sculpt Guardsmen as Infantry/Special/CONSCRIPT squads and pick up metal Regiments for Vets and Command squads Y/N?

I've gotten flak for this idea but I want to hear why it would look bad.

reposting:

I'm going to be helping host a learer's night tonight, and I want to figure out some balanced army lists to help people learn if they don't have an army.

I currently have Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, and Thousand Sons, and I'd like to do about 25 PL each.

Should I emphasize the differences in the factions, or just keep it to simple units?

Pic unrelated.

Holy shit, negative self awareness.

>FW
Fuck off, Fascist.

>Look ma, I said "look ma, I posted it again!" whenever someone criticized muh Guard again!

I like it, though personally I think you should use the metal guys as conscripts, because the sculpts are generally worse than Cadians.

Well armored and equipped veterans looking on as the clothed-in-rags valhallan conscripts charge to their death is so 40k it almost hurts.

I'm not sure if he's entirely lacking in self awareness or if he's being sarcastic.

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339928-the-darkness-inside-humanitys-struggle/#entry4898819

while I understand the sentiment, it's pretty hypocritical for him to make that remark.

Oh look, Hitler.

Oh good lord, the complete lack of self awareness

Is he retarded?

Because it will look incongruous. Like a random smattering of shit thrown together.

If you're a really good painter with some converting skills you might pull it off, otherwise I would avoid that idea.

Non /40kg/ OP image

No.
Only retards visit B&C.

Trips of truth.

Leviathan is better at shooting than melee (shocking) but is mid ranged only
Deredeo has good long range but won't put out the same volume of firepower as the leviathan, but is much cheaper

What is this picture of a grimacing dude and why does it keep getting posted?
Is he pooping?

Yesss, YESSSS, let the butthurt flow through you...

Two questions.
1. Where do you get cheap minis/boxes?
2. What's a good starting 1.5k dark eldar list?

Jesus christ, how can any real human being ever use the phrase "darkness inside of me" unironically without cringing.

I was asking about non fw dreads

Venoms.

Stannis (THE MANNIS) Baratheon in Game of Thrones grimacing in pain. In this case, at how fucking OP Guard is.

Please let this be a joke, I don't want to think the worst about people all the time...

Yuro/UK = Element games
Anywhere else, beats me

I'm going to jump on the Guardwagon with the new codex, since I have wanted to do a Vostroyan army for years but never really felt like buying all those pewter models for an army that would have mechanically been the same even if I used cadian or catachan models, problem now solved with the new regiment rules
With those new rules in mind, which are the units that would benefit the most from the new rules, and would make a good starting point for building the army? Russ Demolisher for sure, but which others?

I get that point of view and didn't consider the reverse for Valhallens. I suppose it makes more sense if I'm running them. My idea is that the scripts and infantry teams are new additions the regiment fresh off the boat and the visually accurate guys are troopers that have settled in to the specific dotrines and specializations like, hence the unique equipment such as Steel Legion gas masks or Catachan lack-of-shirts.

Falseflagging faggot.

>ordering from anywhere but darksphere in the UK

I posted this right after the new thread link so reposting here.

Deldar might probably go down the Kabal route but that is just wild guessing. Also I don't know about the others but there are examples in the lore of individual characteristics for the main hive fleets.

Just as few examples pulled out of my ass:

>Leviathan mentioned to be the largest, make extensive use of endless swarms favouring troops.
>Behemoth saw the rise of Old one eye and the swarmlord. suggesting they lean towards investing on big hitters or tougher biomorphs
>Kraken made extensive use of cults and more subtle tactics. probably favouring manoeuvrability and surprise with the use of trygons, genestealers and lictors

Paint scheme and modeling doesn't really matter.

Someone could use ultramarine models and colors to paint up their grey knight army. It's okay, as long as the army follows the rules of GK, it's fine.

If you think GW actually balances for model size and paint scheme, you're retarded.

Wouldn't Stannis cream himself over guard being OP?

>non fw dreads

>just so happen to decide to start one of the best armies in the best codex
>pretending like it's not at all to do with the fact that they just got such good rules
Fuck off WAAC

>GoT
Ahhhh that's why I don't recognize it.

Buy things second hand. There's a game store about an hour from me that has a whole reselling section to buy people's "used" models that they pawned to the store to buy new boxes/their OP snowflake army got a new dex and they're dropping them.

I managed to nab 50 boyz at $1/boy and 10 Nobz are $2/Nob, as well as burnas, lootas, and trukks for dirt cheap.

If you don't have anywhere like that, scout eBay and Craigslist for people getting rid of their armies.

I haven't played DE this edition but I'd assume venomspam and bikers/hellions from the eavesdropping I've done on Veeky Forums

I'm interested to see who they select for the other hive fleets, if they do.
I'm still holding out for more biomorphs and an undoing of crud BS, like nid warriors not being S5 T5

Plasma command squads/plamsa vet/plasma special weapon squads. If devil dogs get a decent buff then them as well. Maybe heavy bolter HWT as well, but 36 is either enough to be comfortably behind the lines when fighting an army coming at you or enough to reach a shooty army where keeping a screen in front of them doesn't matter all that much.

2. Venoms, Ynnari

Wow the whole waac insult is really being tossed around lately. Do I smell envy?

didn't see that.
really they're not that great but it'll take a bit firepower to kill them. standard dreads are cheaper but don't put out a lot of hurt, I like Ironclad dreadnoughts the most since they've got a better chance of getting anywhere. Iron Hands venerable dreads are funny with the double feel no pain

Well, which regiment are you going to run?

My aim is on Cadians with catachan armor. My paint scheme is sort of halfway between the two, so it works.

Pic related, just finished the hydra array yesterday.

>Vostroyan Stratagem
>Pick any Vostroyan unit at the start of the Shooting phase, add 1 to their hit rolls for the rest of the phase

>Steel Legion Stratagem
>Pick a Steel Legion INFANTRY unit that disembarked from a vehicle this turn at the start of the Shooting phase, re-roll 1's to hit for the rest of the phase
>Literally strictly worse

You know. I'm starting to think the SLfags are right about getting shafted.

I'm juist wondering if ist a troll, false flagging IG player, or a xenosfag (including deluded Taufags who think people hated Tau only because they were WAAC)

>guardfags are so deluded they think people envy them
Fuck off, you're getting so much hate because your codex is ruining what has so far been the most balanced edition yet, and you faggots won't even admit your broken. You are the new tau, you are only hated

I was not aware of such a site, I'll have to give them a go to see how it is

that really does suck if that's the wording, since it's largely not usable. Units disembark during the movement phase, not the shooting phase, so you would almost never find a unit that disembarked from a vehicle this turn at the start of the shooting phase.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

No idea just people do alot more complaining than they should.

Isn't it 2cp vs 1cp?

Yeah, that looks good. Following off from last thread, though, I wonder what other factions have an opportunity to get subfaction differentiation beyond the standard, akin to Guard Orders. Thoughts are Tau Markerlight tables and Dark Eldar have Power from Pain. Basically you need a table of some sort.

>when nobody will ever hate your army because they haven't had a codex since 5th edition

Now you marinefags know how the Konor campaign felt to us Traitors.

>and an undoing of crud BS, like nid warriors not being S5 T5
Amen. It's probably not going to happen though.

If we got a good designer on nids who ignored Cruds garbage we should have:

8" Mv WS 3+ 10 Wound Carnifexes with 2+ armour save
WS 3+ S4 Hormagaunts
8" Mv Termagants
20+ different biomorphs, not 2
Trygons with 5++ bio-electric field invuln
LICTORS THAT ARENT FUCKING GARBAGE FOR ONCE

That isn't the exact wording.

not an argument
:^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^)

>ruining the game
>not even released in full

You know i read this dudes comment and was going to comment how it was stannis the mannis and just wanted to say well played

It better be.

You can just not trust me, but it's the truth
To add to that, I already have a box of vostroyan firstborn, that would not have been able to get if I had ordered them after the release of their new rules (since they are store only), and one of them has been already modified to have a meltagun, that is anything but the weapon you want with their new rules

Thanks

>lately
40kg has always been like that. It was Tau before that and Eldars even before. It will be someone else after.

>Catachan armor
So....bandanas are wifebeaters?

GW really can't into internal balance can they?

Yessssssss
Shitpost more
Your tears are DELICIOUS

nigga what?
Besides you all crying rigged, how is this even close to the same? Konor was a rsult of poor planning, not some writer saying "fuck balance"

That's not the wording, but somehow I knew some retard was going to make that dumb RAW argument without realizing I was typing shorthand, good job pal

Exprain

No, catachan armor as in tanks. I wouldn't be able to run Pask, but I hate using characters anyway, so it's all good.

Here's a link to a redone list I wrote for the Red Scorpions user.

>short hand
>literally rearranging words in your sentence would have made it make sense without increasing length

???

Remember that W10 and up comes with degrading statline (and being able to be targeted for characters). It's why Bobby G is W9, the WAAC cunt.

worth taking a heavy bolter dread over the assault cannon for the chance at using the mortal wound strat?

Carnifexes aren't Characters (except OOE who IS 10 Wounds) so that doesn't matter.

Also if there were one unit it would be fluffy to have their statline get buffed as they take damage and fly into a suicide rage, it's Carnis.

I was hopeful seeing the prices for their stuff, then I ran into the £24 shipping to Yurop and thats a big fucking nope
Still cheaper for UK I suppose

brown bricks

Horus Heresy is all about taking the semi-mythical background elements and explaining them in excruciating detail, ruining the mystique and turning then from mysterious events of demigod-like beings that turned the Imperium into the shithole it is today into a fucking soap opera.

he's complaining about prequels ruining the setting and atmosphere of an ip, while 30k is the setting-prequel to 40k which gives all of the primarchs/ relevant characters back stories.

Always remember to summon after disembarking from your forgeworld doors.

>mortal wound strat?
Which one is thiss again?

Jormungandr would definitely be cool
Gorgon is very specifically described in fluff which helps in crunch

There is shittons of others which I don't really know about unfortunately and I think one will focus on the psychic side. There will be something definitely playing with synapse to allow greater range or whatnot and debuffs to leadership.

Also yes that'd be awesome for warriors, one can only hope.

What did the Emperor find on Ullanor/Armageddon that made him need to return to earth?

No, that's only for Infantry.

You do know ADB is writing HH novels, right?

I believe the Khorne Lord of Skulls, being a LoW, has a degrading statline, except for its Attacks which increase as he loses wounds.

>I'm interested to see who they select for the other hive fleets, if they do.
Behemoth
Gorgon
Naga
Kraken
Jormungandr
Leviathan
Hydra

Naga is the psychic one.

super right

>has more wounds than any base Imperial assault unit
>has better melee weapons than any base Imperial assault unit
>re rolls everywhere besides to hit, which is a 2+ anyway
>cheaper than any base imperial assault unit by a huge degree
>easy to include with the increased elite slots count
>deep strikes for an easy 9" charge on 3d6
There is no reason to use an assault unit besides the eversor

Evidence that the inevitable endgame of tha galaxy is Orks killing absolutely everyone else and choking out Chaos.

I plan on doing the same, i have been for some time but never got around to it, just make sure to use Cadian rules