Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Codex Astartes names this maneuver steel rehn edition.

Last >Warhammer Community news(Regimental Focus: Armageddon)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/29/regimental-focus-armageddon-sep29gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/29/regimental-focus-armageddon-sep29gw-homepage-post-2/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>No top five squigs

3rd for let us get some generic Imperial Saints to customize.

Good

Help me out /40kg/, I want to start a new army but not sure who I want to do. Whats a "fun" army that I can run wild with conversions? It dosnt need to be strong, just fun.

What should I buy for my death corps killteam?

Tips for painting a Nurgle corrupted Ultramarine?

I was thinking blue armour with Nurgling green/Ogryn Camo highlights and corrosion/rust effects on the gun/aquilla/fist etc.

All that was left untainted and good, taken away. Forsaking us to the shitposting.

If you care about fluff, smaller "vanguard" orginisms like warriros, gaunts, gargoyles and lictors. If fluff means zero to you, hive guard, biovores, and malanthropes

Not Orks. All the ork players I've met say they're the funnest faction then proceed to be dicks about it.

Guard players should be able to use whatever Regiment Doctrine they want as long as it's expressed in some way be it paint scheme, conversion, or actual regiment sculpts somewhere in the army.

I.E. Using the cadians that have been available and collected for five years as Valhallens with a Valhallen color scheme and Commander.
Or
Cadian troopers with Catachan flamer Special Weapon/Command/Veteran Teams

This is Dakkaboy, say hello.

We squiggers need to get better organised.

I've been spending too much time painting at my lgs or at work so I can't post new OPs unless I phonepost.

Fairly certain they've remarked that it like successor chapters: you can pick the rules for your own regiment.

>random shit glued to a ork
Classic xeno filth

I have a better idea. It goes like this:

You can run your army how you like, as long as you're not a dick about it.

>gw is not going to release a codex for the best legion
>mfw

Right. Get your stock Cadians and paint them in camo and maybe greenstuff bandannas or convert with Ork bits to make some Catachans, no problem. But if you say they're Mordians or Vostroyans depending on what you're up against, you're a cunt.

NO
HELL NO
CADIAN MODRLS MEAN CADIAN RULES
EVEN IF ITS BEEN THE ONLY EASILY ACCEAABLE GUARDAMEN FOR A DECADE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey Veeky Forums
I'm gonna run my Cadians painted in catachan themed camo as whatever regiment I feel like that day, I'll probably never settle on one specific regiment, I even asked the handful of people I regularly play against if that would be alright and they said they didn't care
I'm gonna do this, And there's nothing you can do to stop me or keep me from having fun

I've got about 20 Krieg bodies lying around without any arms. Any advice? I tried giving them leftover guns from the Mechanicus Ranger set, but the proportions just don't work. What do I do?

Whateverth for use whatever rules you want with your models as long as you and your opponent have fun.

I'm sure they'll do World Eaters eventually dude.

They're great in the codex anyway.

admech can be fun to make conversions with, its quite fluffy for them to have a bunch of variation just because every techpriest has different augmentations and treats their soldiers differently

I support your decision. Fuck the autsists freaking out over it.

That is so much money just to make one unit

I also have been super busy with work and classes, there was one point where I was making the majority of the new threads each day but I'm just so damn busy

>Fuck the autists
Please don't, that's how they reproduce.

Enjoy!

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

>implying you will paint them

fun is a buzzword :^)

Orks and Chaos offer the most conversion opportunities.

-1 str

>he plays with his models before painting them
Already fully painted user, got a solid 2000 pts ready to field and working on more
If you swear off grey tide the hobby gets so much more fun trust me

He said Guard, not Tau

A fucking Codex because Cadians are the only ruleset you'll be able to use you disgusting WAACfag.

How many of you motherfuckers have never heard of the Armageddon Ork Hunters?

>I'm sure they'll do World Eaters

FUCK OFF SKULL LOVER,I MEANT THE IRON WARRIORS NOT SOME FUCKING FAGGOTS IN RED ARMORS THAT LOVE TO LOSE EVERY FUCKING BATTLE THEY FIGHT IN

REEEEE SHE DOESNT LOOK LIKE AN UNBLEMISHED SUPER MODEL REEEEEEE WHY DOES A PERSON WHO IS FIGHTING IN A SHITHOLE LOOK LIKE SHIT REEEEE

>Leman Russ that are taken in a Spearhead Detatchment are objective secured. Lemun Russ also have a point reduction, balancing them more.

Mark my words this is the beginning of the end

Orks and Chaos are the armies that can get away with outrageous conversion and still look fluffy.

>Le IG players always paint their shit unlike those dirty Tau meme

:^)

>Perticuck eternally BTFO
Loving every laff

why is this a problem? there are like 32423th divisions per regiment, and they all have different colors and gear. anyone who spergs out over this, you probably shouldnt play with. unless you have your guys with little cadia stencils on the tanks, and cadian flags, then id tell you to slag off

ObSec doesn't mean THAT much when you're only one model. They still beat you with two troopers.

>tfw when the owner of the LGS only allows one battalion detachment for tournies

That would be stupid.

Orrrr he can take 250pts of krieg? You know they have Index rules right?

>How many of you motherfuckers have never heard of a subfaction's subfaction.

>unless you have little Cadian stencils on the tanks and Cadian flags

I do

But I only play Cadian so it's k

Also black gloved Cadians are the patricians choice

It would be a shame if someone beats your entire legion and humiliates it,and when you thought you won the battle,THERE WAS NOBODY INSIDE THE FORTRESS BUT A GIANT BOMB AHAHAHAHAHAHA

*loudly laugh in iron*

The coolest iron warrior was a fucking loyalist. kyr vhalen Perturbo sucks. They even retconned the iron cage ahhaha.

Does tea exist in the imperium? I only hear about wine.

Doing a Guard army converted from Escher models using Catachan rules would be fun.

It's not the obsec. It's the fact that they are encouraging the other org charts that are not batallion. Low and force charts are the cancer of this edition.

Read OP

>The coolest iron warrior was a fucking loyalist

>he doesnt know about the retcon

Do we know how regiment bonuses work in regards to detachment tags?

Can I include a commissar (Tempestus) in my Cadian brigade and still get the Cadian regiment bonus?

Don't you have some Iron Warriors to decimate after losing a fight vs other daemon primarch?

Yup, one battalion allowed, six command point limit, you can take one super heavy auxiliary or one regular auxiliary, otherwise no other detachments, super heavy can't be more than 30% of your points, and you have to talk to him personally to bring any FW, entire store has taken turns to convince him to change any of this and he always says he just want to keep it balanced and will consider changing it 8 months after release after "things have settled"

Multiple detachments exist for a reason :^)

What a faggot. Guessing you have nowhere else to play?

Where did this meme come from? There are two players at my club who only play exclusively with painted minis, and both of us play tau.

Tanna leaf tea is popular on vallhala

Goes on to do nothing the rest of the time line but be a harder jobber then even the night lords.

Incorrect report for decimation.

Recaf is tea.

Commissars aren't militarum tempestus, they're officio prefectus.

But anyway, I think the rule is that all in a given detachment must be the same in order to benefit from regimental bonuses.

This is why multiple detachments are a thing.

I know it,but I wont accept it.GW hates the iron warriors,and its pretty sad desu

Even the only battle that they beat their rivals is now going to be an "and then the imperial fists won without casualties because they are the best mehreens"

Money does more than earthshakers cannons I guess

That's fine but I just wanted to confirm if its even necessary in the first place

Also makes putting regimental advisors in kind of awkward

Nope, only other place is a hugbox GW that has a manager that teases anyone who trying to play a somewhat powerful list as "mathhammering everything"
So if I want a tourney style or just serious game it's there or I have to drive an hour and thirty minutes to Louisville or Cincinnati

Fuck off

:^)

I just want vanquishers to be useful.

Do YOU know how they work? Commissar (Tempestus) doesn't fucking exist you mong

There's a specific rule that allows standard auxiliary like Commissars, Ogryns, Ratlings, Aeronautica, Enginseers, and Psykana to be included in a detachment without messing up the doctrine. It specifically does NOT apply to Tempestus. They are their own regiment and will need to be in their own detachment. Also Commissars don't have the tag. They never get doctrine bonuses.

Coffee?

The Hammer of Olympia did not lose,the plague marines were throwing their excrements to the daemon machines of the iron warriors and they were failing

So a tactical repositioning was needed to avoid the lose

>that quote
That's the last time I audibly laughed at TTS
Did alphabusa die or is there a new episode coming?
I know it's normie b8 but I've been watching from episode one and I feel invested

They're less shit now at least. But still pretty shit.

Just get a Shadowsword to fulfill your long tank needs.

They were in 5th and early 6th. Then GW happened.

Neat, thanks user.

There's more coming. If you got a long commute or need BGM for painting or something, try the TTS podcast. Laughed my ass off.

>Its not cannon if i dont want it to be
okay user

Admech has all the scope in the worlds and the kits come with lots of versatile spare parts. Custom Magi, Ogrynphrons, whatever mental tanks or Lords of War you want to build and ally in.

Orks make plenty of custom vehicles and will loot almost anything, so they work if you don't particularly care about making your line troops different.
Chaos can do pretty much anything and make good use of greenstuff for tentacles and tumours and such.

I really do wanna build an army with one. Falchions are cool too but I can't bring myself to spend 800 points on one unit. Not even when it could be basically the only AT you need.

>plague marines were throwing their excrements
>to the daemon machines of the iron warriors
>a tactical repositioning was needed

So you ran when shit hit the daemonically possessed fan.

Nice, i was worried I wouldn't be able to bring my thunderbolt

Unpainted riptides you faggot

>That fucking manface
Why can't gw make good female models? Celestine is the closest they ever got

Yup. You're saved by the fact that the Valkyrie and Officer of the Fleet are in the codex.