ISLAMABAMA

Hay is there any interest in a Deathworld ( 1d4chan.org/wiki/Deathworld ) Thread.

I ask became i recently became autistically obsessed with the setting and came up with what i think are some pretty awesome ideas in terms of Africa, Australia, and the metaphysics of the world. But before i committed my self to one of the worst attempts to explain ones ideas, i wanted to make sure at least someone gave a fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IEGo41443iI?t=40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I do. always like that setting.
Go ahead OP.

alright prepare for the wall of text about metaphysics.

do it, faggot.

lesgooooo

Make a deathworld where everyone is autistic so nothing ever gets done.

All the Warriors are that rise above are named 'Chads'

I remember there were a bunch of threads about this back in 2012 or something. Complete clusterfuck that didn't amount to much, but it was enjoyable, and I've scavenged it for setting ideas every now and then.

Anyway, I'd be interested in reading what you've come up with.

sorry but i have an abysmal wpm and just lost most of what i was writing so be patient with me. i also wasn't lying when i said "worst attempts to explain ones ideas"

Alright first thing i propose is that the there more or less exist the judeo creation myth and god with a few very key exceptions.

First god, while an impossibly powerful primordial being is neither omnipotent nor omniscient.

Second god cares not for concepts such as morality, empathy, justice, and righteousness, and instead sees them as a tool to make sure his creations exist in “stable” societies, as well as so he has an easy means of manipulating them.

Third he did not create his creations because he loved them but instead as a way to satiate his boredom as well as provide him soldiers in fighting an unknown enemy. In serving said purpose he created his creations in such a way that they would always be warlike, and provided ample reason to bash each other heads in such as ambition, and a large number of contradicting religions.

Fourth, in order to make the world function without his constant supervision he made it so that it would operate under a large number of autonomous system and rules. Though due to the sheer magnitude of systems it quickly developed into chaos theory which have far surpassed gods ability to control or understand.

Fifth everything of importance is first and foremost a soul, this includes large animals, though not bugs small animals, bacteria, etc. All souls are not made equally and contain within themselves anything from horribly little to immense power. From there said soal is placed in a body and has it’s power suppressed until it dies. Though as an unintended consequence a creator while alive is capable of unlocking it’s soal and gain access to what is commonly known as magic.

Any questions/comments/complaints before i move onto heaven, hell, and purgatory.

another thing i wanted to discus, should anyone like this model, are humans the original desired creation. or where dinosaurs, and humans are just an unintended consequence .

Well, considering The Constitutionalists, pretty sure humans are most important what with our souls being all important and all

Deathworld is probably my favorite Veeky Forums setting. It's such a clusterfuck but it's also incredibly fun in that over the top, metal album cover way

First is hell.

I have yet to figure out how or why it exist, at least in terms that are solid enough that i’m happy with. but i am happy with the the end result so i’m fine with someone else connecting the dots or just leaving it unexplained.

The basic premise of hell is similar to the judeo christian version in which it is a place where the all the bastards go when they die to be torchered for all existence. It is ruled by satan/lucifer and generally sucks except for a few key differences, mainly in the form of a hierarchical structure in where the bigger bastard you where in life, and the more people you had killed/killed the higher in the structure you are. Then the higher you are in said structure the more power you get/the less people can torture you, and the more people you can beat on.

Another aspect is the fact the Lucifer recently saw an opportunity with the natzies and there rise to increase the power of his demons army and made a deal with them and promptly rebelled against god.

Said deal consisted of Lucifer telling the nazies that magic exist and how to use it as well giving them access to demons to summon. In exchange teh natzis carryed on being absalue bastards and going to hell when they died, and the demons they summoned the chance to once more be the biggest bastards they could and thus increasing their own power and consequently the power of Lucifer’s army.

Demons are generally classified into 5 categories based on their power and privilege. Said categories define how high up the totem pole, how powerful, and the requirements to summon them into the world.

Satan:Lucifer himself sits at the top of the list for obvious reasons, no demon can achieve this rank without doing some incredibly awesome, and near impossible stuff. He has agreed in the original deal to allow the Nazis to summon him, though only once, and only in the body of Hitler.

Archdemons: this is where all of history's greatest warlords, and biggest bastards live, such as Genghis Khan, alexander the great(maybe?), vlad the impaler, Mahatma Gandhi(the nuke loving bastard), etc. almost impossible to summon due to the fact it’s near impossible to forcibly summon them into the world, they don’t care about advancing further up the ladder as there already as high as they can be, and they require the body of a powerful mage to house them. Though when summoned they are powerful beyond recognition capable of rending armies thru sheer power of rip and tear, and can draw upon the expertise that they had in life to lead armies or just scare the shit out of there enemies.

Greater demons:this where all the serial killers, war criminals, and anyone who has a body count of around 15+, and/or was a serious bastard in life ends up. Due to it being fairly hard to forcibly bind a greater demon into the world , the fact that advancement to archdemon is an extreme leap that few are willing to grind out, and the fact that they require the body of a notably powerful mage or incredibly complex runic equipment to manifest makes them an uncommon sight. Though they are common enough that every super heavy tank is possessed by them, as well as a large number of other contraptions or murder monsters.

Lesser demons. This is where murders and rapist end up. Easy to summon due to the fact that the jump from lesser to greater is relatively small and that all that they take to summon is a mage of any power level, that need not even unlock their potential, or just a piece of equipment with extensive rune work.

Tortured souls: this is where you will find you accountants, politicians, and lawyers. They are destined for all eternity to be tourchered in hell. They are immensely easy to summon due to the fact that at the bare minimum they get the privilege of leaving the torture rack to being able to go out and rape and murder and become a lesser or even greater demon. On top of their eagerness to be summoned and do whatever the summoner wants they can be summoned into anyone or bound to anything. The downside is that they can only grant minor boons to any object there placed in or just act as a different consciousness of any body there placed in. still a gun the fires slightly better, armor the protects better, and cannon fodder that willing runs head first into a gunners fortified position in a quest to murder fuck said gunner, will always be welcomed in the army.

have fun reading thre that poorly written dump assholes. any questions/comments/concerns/critisism/long off topic post are welcome. seriously I'm getting lonely over here. though if no one has anything to say on it i'm going to move onto purgatory.

wtf is this dumb shit

>Fourth, in order to make the world function without his constant supervision he made it so that it would operate under a large number of autonomous system and rules. Though due to the sheer magnitude of systems it quickly developed into chaos theory which have far surpassed gods ability to control or understand.
I like this a lot already.

The setting is great except for Japan

agreed

What's wrong with it, exactly?

Info dump incoming!!!

Due to the fact the incredibly fun things, like miscarriages, abortions, and child mortalities rates existing, not everyone has a chance to become the righteous paladin, or depraved monster that they would have become, and be properly tested to whether they deserve heaven or hell. as such god created purgatory, a place where he haphazardly dumps all the souls of dead children be they animal or human, and allows them to reveal in an anarchist fairy tale, then when they hit the age of 18 get sent to heaven or hell. Or at least, that's how it’s suppose to work.

The first thing to know about purgatory is that it wasn’t originally intended to exist. The only reason it does is because his angels kept saying that it was “immoral” to judge children to heaven and hell, and that it wasn’t “right” that fetuses were being damned to eternal hellfire. then when god finally got sick of hearing the same complaint over and over again decided to make purgatory to shut everyone up. As such he made the world haphazardly and with little thought towards the consequences of his action.

Purgatory as a location is best described as an exaggerated parallel to reality in around the medieval ages which is then malleable to the will of it’s inhabitants. A normal waterfall lying reclused in the jungle becomes a paradise in the world of the fey. A forest witch children fear in the real world becomes a hunted ground where trees grow jagged and sharp, and seem to grab at you. Castles of benevolent kings, and dukes become disney esc, while malevolent kings castles become jagged black monstrosities witch dark clouds always circle. Purgatory itself though exist both in constant stagnation, and malleability, in the sense that should a child or purgatory wish to cut down a tree, the tree will be cut down. Though as time goes on and the child forgets about the tree they cut or get sent to heaven or hell, and no other child remembers the tree in it’s cut cut down state, it reverts back to it’s uncut nature.

The second thing to know is that while still “restrained” children are no more than souls and have no actual physical body. That said though every soul will subconsciously create an illusion of a body. Because there bodies are nothing more than illusions the kid above never actually cut down the tree, instead he merely convinced himself the tree was cut, and as such the tree was cut. Now because kids can be crafty little bastards some of them realize the above fact, and found out they can shape reality with there mind, began abusing the fuck out of said privilege, and being selfish little bastards, failed to tell everyone who wasn’t there friends about this fact, and tricking their enemies into taking less than pleasant forms.

Third, now that we have established that children can be crafty little bastards and that the restraints on the power of one's soul are not as secure as god originally intended, it was only a matter of time till one of the little bastards hacked into reality. Then with said new found ability to fuck with there already fragile reality. specifically the metaphysics of souls, came with the added benefit of being able to prevent themselves from being sent to heaven or hell. akin to necromancy, just without the whole corpse deal. allowing them to remain in purgatory forever developing there skills.

Fourth, with all the time in the world and nothing to do but have fun, those that developed magic slowly but surely began to experiment until they found a way to enter into reality. It as this point in any budding child of purgatory’s life, where they can access magic, worp both their body and there reality, and can manifest into reality, and will remain effectively immortal, that they shed their more mundane title of child of purgatory and can call themselves fey. From there they open up a new world of socio politics, which simultaneously remains hyper complex and sophisticated yet still childish. Of course said fey will occasionally take vacations from it’s now stressful life of maintaining and expanding it’s own power to manifest in reality to do anything from sending a glass cup shattering to the ground, to manifesting as a two ton lizard and fly around burning down the locals for the fuck of it. That said though most fey don’t like going to reality for extended periods of time as it’s infinitely less interesting, too static for their taste, and the locals have a tendency to stab them until they poof back into their own reality in a weakened state.

Fifth, due to the fact that that children of purgatory do not need to eat, drink, breathe and are effectively immortal, they don’t actually have any reason to go out and do anything beyond fulfill their baser desires. As such they really don’t have any incentive to mature and develop as human beings, and with no parental forces inherently there to guide their development most children of purgatory become some of the most bratty, self serving, whiny assholes that you can think of, remember that kid at walmart that didn’t get his treat and did nothing but cry, that's most children of purgatory except with even less parental guidance, and with each child having realization that no one cares when they whine, but they do when they perform petty bullshit.

Fey are little better, as while maturity has had a lot longer to force itself on on them, they still due to their very natures tend to develop them into manipulative manchildren with incredibly fucked up views and philosophies particularly around death and mortality.

Sixth, god may have fucked up many things but one thing he nailed down is the durability of souls, and because children of purgatory and fey are nothing but souls that must must mean there immortal right, yes most certainly, kinda… you see no one consciously shapes the world or their own body, even the most powerful fey can’t just think, there is a bush over there, and bam there is a bush, the shaping of the world happens on a subconscious level, and as such in order to form a bush, one must trick the subconscious into thinking there is a bush. Next, no soul, no matter how powerful, can shape another's souls body directly, instead they may only persuade the other souls subconscious into thinking it’s changed which will change it. Next thing i want you to keep in mind is the one experiment that supposedly took place where they blinded a guy, cut him and had him lay there unable to see all the while he hears his blood dripping out of him till he dies of blood loss, then remember that during said experiment the guy wasn’t hearing his blood drop but instead water dropping.

Tl:dr. Think of the labyrinth starring david bowie and you get the general picture.

alright so that took a while, now to make and eat some food, spoiler alert, i have no idea what i'm going to do for heaven, i don't want to just make it a direct parallel to hell. i don't want to make it a paradise as that is more then out of place for this grimdark world, but i still want to keep it true to it christen roots. oh well have fun with this and i'll come back in a bit to tell you all if i figured anything out. if anyone smarter then me thinks of anythings please say something. also fuck you if you don't like reading.

also any history buffs out there help me find a good dead child among the British royal family to be the fey that is empowering Elisabeth, the further back and the younger the death, the better.

Hello! is anyone out there... It's me OP. either way I'm bored, and motivation is hard to find so i'm going to begin writing up the next part. though what it's about is a secret.

has everyone given up on my thread. oh well i guess i'll post my las bit of writefaggotry for the night, when i finish it and see if anyone's interested and carrying it on tomorrow.

Nah, I'm just so tired as to be mildly autistic. I've been keeping a tab on this thread. Do post it.

The consitutionalists don't leave a lot of room for OC characters with all those Undead presidents running around. "The New Death" and "Dread Hickory" are good puns, though

princes is the tower?

perfect

no prob user
history I can do and Im really glad someone else remembered this beautiful setting
god speed

One day while sitting on his throne during his war with Satan , after hearing all sorts of annoying complaints such as “hell has gained a foothold into earth.” and “earth is nothing but a hellhole where in order to survive you must sin meaning that there are more people going to hell then heaven, meaning that in this war of attrition we lose.” one day was told “sir the humans are performing magic in large numbers.” finally decided with a roll of his eyes looked down towards earth and… well i have this video of what happened right here youtu.be/IEGo41443iI?t=40s . though despite touching the exterminatus button, the world didn’t begin flooding.

Apparently under god's “watchful” eye beings from outside of space and time, beings that were never created by and are completely alien to god, had begun creeping there way inch by inch to reality, manifesting first as whispers into the void heard by few but understood by none. Beings that rapped there power in the guises of dreams of those destined for greatness, influencing and shaping the world to their pleasure. Beings whose whispers where one day understood by a single man, Benjamin frankland. At the age of 8 the young Benjamin began hearing the whispers and they told him of great and fascinating things, about realities of the world and ages past, about the nature of reality and the god that created him, and about the injustice he and his fellow man. The rest is history.

But little did everyone know behind closed doors, between his inventing and politicking, he was learning from his masters the arts of necromancy. Never being satisfied with simply becoming a zombie as was at the time the only known option for immortality he would spend countless nights figuring out how to perfect the art of zombification. Then one day at the age of 84 he discovered that if he allowed his masters to imbue his corpse and soul with there own dark power before rejoining them together he became a being truly immortal and with his power, both magical and physical, increase exceptionally.

From there official records state the he died, but he merely moved from the public eyes, to behind the curtain, puppeteering america for the sake of those pulling his own strings. making sure those who his masters had selected rose to the seat of the president and lead as they saw fit.

All went well as america kept rising and rising until it hit the zenith of its power on the day ww2 happened. Despite everyone wishing to go in and help there european allies, the whispers, now risen to voices, decreed no. when the axis powers had won and the soviets and germany set there sights to the rest of the world the voices demanded that they not intervene, and when the soviets and germany all the voices demanded was they rend the earth barren and and burn all that america had to offer. And when the lands where render unusable, when the population could only sustain themselves on hope, when america was stripped and burnt down to nothing but an ideal, when all that was once known was romanticized, when the last leg of a millennia old plot was to be stepped. God looked down.

Unwilling to let all there work be washed away the being were forced to flee the shadows into the light and use most of there collective power to prevent the end of the world. In doing so though they revealed themselves to god, with there dark plot unraveled they were forced to improvise and entered into reality fullforce and commanded there servant to rise from the ashes and reclaim america, and frankland did. With an army of zombies he laid siege to some of america's most central cities preaching the religion of the constitution to the downtrodden and hopeful masses.

starting first as a insurgency they began withering down the occupying forces weakening the american front heavenly all the while collecting the corpses of the presidents which they would then be heavily and extensively modified via neurosurgery so that the “presidents” could enter into them and lead. From there they rose from a insurgency into a proper fighting force that could beat back both the red tide and jackboots from central America.

Now i know what you thinking but so we are clear why i think it’s a good idea to change the founding fathers into eldritch horrors pretending the be presidents.
>cthulhu is awesome no matter the circumstances.
>it does not logically follow that should the presidents of days past be revived into there bodies they would all unanimously and without exception go along with necromance, much less the religion that grew around them
>it is much more awesome in both the lol and other types to have cthulhu monsters pretend to be the exaggerated and idealised versions of history's presidents, which would allow for gms to play them off as comedic exaggerations in more silly games, while still being able to be played of as more serious and nuanced for any faggots that run those kind of games.
>undead cthulhu is awesome no matter the circumstances.
>it worked for the necrons.

Next time on dbz i intend to expand on undead presenting the different types and how they function. Also if anyone has a good middleman between zombie and litch besides vampire than help a nigga out.

Necromancy at it’s most basic is the art of taking a soul out of a body, then placing it back into the now decaying corpse, of course that is as useless and counterproductive as that sounds. Luckily there exist the discipline of neurosurgery and the art of soulcraft to actually make the endeavor worthwhile.

neurosurgery is best described as the process of changing and/or modifying a corpse as to improve upon it. The most basic and common type is making the corpse last much longer than it should be able to via means of magic and chemical treatments. But it can also be used to to do stuff such as enhancing one's limbs with synthetic muscle making them stronger, or just frankenstein monstering yourself the perfect body. One of the more exodic ways of enhancing one's body though is through ritualized binding of souls to one's limbs simular to how natzies bind demons to guns and tanks. The upside to that is you get to magically supercharge your limbs to be supernaturally stronger, faster, tougher and overall better., the downside is that you're constantly at war with the the bound souls over control of your body.

While most people are content and stuck with becoming a zombie if on someone's death day they are able to persuade one of the founding fathers to becoming one of there vampires* and said father accepts, there soul and body will be imbued with a portion of said founder's power granting them a large increase in both their physical, mental, and magical process akin to someone who has bound souls tied into them, though the ability to perform that kind of soulcraft seems to be something only there able to do. They will also gain specialised abilities or traits based on witch founder sponsored them.

Next is the litch, which is similar to a vampire but instead of being sponsored by a single founder they are granted a portion of the power of all the founders both present in reality and otherwise. This turns them into superpowered wizards that are capable of tanking an antitank missile and still have the time to fireball most of your army.

Last is the unfortunate sods who get on the bad side of america and promptly have most of what made their souls tick removed via having their essence sucked out and consumed by one of the founders leaving said soal with little more than the ability to take orders and do stuff like move their legs and swing their arms, and generally clamor for brains.

And that's me for the day. Good night guys, if someone can keep this thread active so i can hop back on when i wake up i’d appreciate it. Though if it gets archived i’ll just make a new one. thanks for suffering through all of my bullshit and if you have any questions i should be able to respond for the next 30 mins or so.

How do you reconcile this with the Constutionalists voodoo practices?

sorry user
you lost me
undead presidents are great
but I don't want cthuthlu at all and it would ruin the undead presidants
also what worked for the necrons was doing the opposite thing than what your suggesting

>mfw British commando's still raid Argie land

Neat.

while i did my research on deathworld, i did not mind anything in terms of previous discussion for how zombies worked, so if you can direct me to that i'd appreciate it. if there dose not exist such a thing then how i reconcile it is with the fact that naturally when someone dies there soul gets sent to heaven or hell(or pergitory for children), but magic in all its fuck you established world and rule glory can take a soul make it more or less unable to head to heaven and hell and then just plop it back into the body.

Hay man party over there I'll be over there. though if you want to have a discussion on whether or not its a good idea to bring it into established cannon instead of the head cannon it it now I'm more then willing to have that discussion. though i ask that you bring more to the table then personal taste(not that i did much better)

if those two don't want to/can't respond and no one wants to pick up and further those two topics of discussion the next thing i would like to get other people's opinion or just rant about(because i tend to do that a lot) is the nature of radiation.

In deathworld especially for the russians, australians and canadians uranium and nuclear power are pretty important and with uranium comes radiation. Now as we all know normal radiation is just depressing and boring in it’s cancer causing way. Which is why i propose that we make radiation act more akin to sci fi in the mutation way. Keep in mind i’m not taking marvel super heroes and more like slowly becoming a bloated monstrosity sort of fun.

Thoughts opinion/complains/comments/etc.

I think having then not actually be the presidents ruins half the point of them, being the presidents
Im totally fine with them being twisted and eldritch as a result of coming back but I like the idea of say Lincoln still being as good a person as he was just not understanding what people want anymore because he died
also this setting already has satan and the fae do we really need Cthulhu? part of the best part of the founding lords was their human orgins