Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Death has come edition.

Last >Warhammer Community news(Regimental Focus: Armageddon)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/29/regimental-focus-armageddon-sep29gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

crankyoldgamer.net/CrankyBlog/mr-skull-head-plague-marine-tutorial/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone have the large, color picture of this pic?

First for Slaanesh!

First for honorable sportsmanlik3 Guard.

my dudes > your dudes

Ban FW

Is my list ok?

Why no weapons on your infantry squads?

Are autocannon chimeras good with any regiment bonus?

You mean Tauroxes?

Not enough points left, should I swap some other stuff out to give them weapons?
I'm expecting to use the S4 stuff for catachans

Reminder that black gloved Cadians are the patricians choice

How are you planning to kill vehicles?

What factions make good allies for AdMech?

FW

They get completely shitstomped by triple heavy bolter chimeras. Cheaper, more powerful against everything, and easier to kitbash, since there isn't an ACTUAL FW (sieg heil) model to use so conversions are considered acceptable by default.

classic necrons look like this though

>This is why I hoping for a thousand sons army rule to only peril on snake eyes
I'm worried about our codex. We need some pretty significant rules to make the psychic phase work right, but I don't want all our rules to be tied up in psykery lest the Culexus be an automatic win-button against TS.

Really? I'm honestly not sure.

Guard (cheap fodder), Scions (deep strikers for non-Lucius) or Sisters (A single wondersquad to abuse Acts of Faith).

>Imperial Guard

Alright so how stupid would DG converted into skeletons be? Like marines with bits of armor missing reveling bone and shit. I'm willing to put in the effort to convert everything the only problem I have so far is that all the DG models seem to have a lot of flesh mutations/bloating going on which would work.

Mabye Khorne/Chaos Undivided would work better? DG seemed like a good choice due to Nurgle and how resilient they are. I just want to play screaming skeletons in space

Melee combat?
Should I drop an infantry squad and swap a valkyrie for a vendetta?

So Legion of the Damned but Chaos?

Depends what you want them to actually do I guess. If they're backfield objective grabbers, drop the pistols and power swords for bigger guns.

What if normal chimeras get a price in the new codex, would switching down to 2 HB be better?

Tauroxes aren't FW user

I was expecting them to footslog up the board and provide support in melee to the veteran squads

Anyone have thoughts on Armageddons strategies and such?

Also, was info on Cadia released and I missed it?

Yes.

What would be a good cheap HQ option if I went the route of picking up some Guard for fodder?

>We need some pretty significant rules to make the psychic phase work right, but I don't want all our rules to be tied up in psykery lest the Culexus be an automatic win-button against TS.

I'd love if they added to Thousand Sons to give them their own additional options.

Doubt it tho.

I think they're fine, being deadlier at a longer range than any other regiment is pretty good, Vostroya has better range but less shots and Armageddon seems to be geared towards Veterans in Chimeras driving into position, disembark and fire then fire and embark next turn.

Cadia is rerolling 1s to hit in the shooting phase if you didnt move or something like that.

I want to try greenstuff tomorrow for some Nurgle stuff.

Any tips for a first timer?

Death Guard didn't get Vectoriums, Thousand Sons won't get subfactions either.

Would be interesting if the supplements for 8th edition after all the Codexes are out start adding sub-subfactions, like Space Marine Companies, Chaos Legion Warbands, Grey Knight Brotherhoods, DG Vectoriums, Forge World Clades, and so on.

If normal chimeras get a coat reduction the triple heavy bolter Gryphonne pattern will probably be less viable.

I asked in the last thread but I didn't get any replies so I'll ask again.
What would Veeky Forums recpmmend for building a Salamanders list bearing in mind that I've never played SM before?

use water water water.

dont use the middle part where the two colors join on the strip

Squad fires, gets arma Order, embarks, fires lasgun Arrays "again"...

Wanna get into orks with a dredd mob, whats the best dredd mob list going? Also wheres the mega dread gone?

Shame the way they worded the doctrine means lasgun arrays don't get the 18" rapid fire.

So what Regiment does the Leman Russ tanks the best? Catachan has the more efficient battle cannon but Tallarn's tanks can use sponsons without -1 to hit.

Cadians reroll 1's to hit and reroll all hits if ordered, making a normal leman russ BS2.5+

God I'm out of it... where are the stuff for Tallarn and Cadia? I didn't seem them posted as Regimental Focuses.

Valhallans

They didn't post it, there was a livestream where all this info came from.

Depends on which tanks/how you arm them/your strategy.

Cadia has the best Executioners, Catachan has the best Heavy Flamer loadouts, Tallarn is great with sponsons but useless if you're playing a static gunline vs a melee army that's coming to you, Vostroyan Punishers are amazing, and so forth.

They were previewed on livestream. You can find summaries on Dakkadakka or Bolter and Chainsword.

Huh yea I suppose. I want to make a Chaos force thats a bunch of marines/cultists that are being kept alive by warp fuckery, but not in a zombie/flesh bloat style that DG seems to be going for. Khorne could work, but I want to be able to use psykers.

>Lord Commissar is one option because you'd have the HQ and Commissar aura in one. Primaris Psyker is cheap and useful. Greyfax is more expensive, but quite good if you'd like some psychic defense. For either of the non-LC options you also need to grab at least one elite Commissar.

>Cadians reroll 1's to hit
Only if they don't move at all
>and reroll all hits if ordered
Only infantry, not tanks.

Yes. Re rolls and such are nice but in the long run it's valhalla i think.

Had a friendly discussion that got heated with my friends about forgeworld being pay to win. They were adamant its not pay to win citing some of the stuff isnt great, claiming it just offers more choice.

Fast forward to today when our group makes an order to the Chinaman, the list included;

4 leviathans
3 Xiphons
3 Sicarans
4 Contemptor Mortis
2 Yvarahs
A bunch of experimental crisis suits
An Rvarna
2 Forgeworld Knights
Pretty sure i saw a thunderbolt in there too.

The xiphon and 3 of the leviathans are going to a DG player who also has Mortarion and all the new stuff; why does he need to spam more options? Unless of course all of the above is pay to win cheese.

That looks like a cool green stuff thing, any tips? I wanna green stuff over some stuff and make it look nurgly.

Thousand Sons are already a subfaction- they don't need even further subdivision.

I would like to see the Cults make a mechanical return. Give us a psychic power for each cult (a psyker may only take one cult power) and give Exalted Sorcerers a list of cult auras/abilities to pick from. Then, the Exalted Sorcerer can take the place of all the Elite and HQ buff characters that other MEQ factions have. The Athaneans could give a CP retention ability, Pyrae could give a "reroll 1's to Wound" aura, Corvidae could give a "reroll 1's to Hit" aura, Pavoni could give some sort of speed or attack bonus, Raptora could some sort of durability bonus (further bonus to invulns, or reducing the strength/damage of incoming fire).

>win a solid starter collection for eldar for cheap on ebay
>Seller has cancelled you order

Just fuck my shit up

>tfw Steel Legion doesn't have anything for Leman Russes.

>I would like to see the Cults make a mechanical return.
That's what I meant. Treat it more like than

Each cult gets: 3 Psychic Powers + basic buff (Any unit) + character buff (Characters Only)

What units do you like? Don't start too big. Keep your starting list to like 500-750 points.

If you like Primaris, split Dark Imperium with somebody. If not, grab a Start Collecting and one or two additional kits of what you like the look of.

I'm taking a valhallan detachment with my marines so I can shoot heavy weapon squads into melee my marines are in

Im going to go with Cadians, I mean all buffs are good in different ways but the Russ doesnt really need that much range so "sacrificing" movement for double the shots and rerolling 1s is really fucking good. I love Plasmacutioners and this just makes them really great at just blasting shit apart.

It's not pay to win because the entire game is pay to play you stupid faggot. It's not more pay to win than building a good list without FW or buying OP GW shit like 6E Wave Serpents or 7E Riptides and scatter bikes and WKs.

Don't blame others for paying to win, blame yourself for paying to lose like an idiot, and blame GW and FW for not balancing their shit.

A bunch of shit on that FW list aren't even good.

Catachan is probably best overall, particularly if you go no sponsons, but does nothing for the Punisher which is one of the best options. Harker is also a factor here. Valhallan is solid but not spectacular as it gives you three extra wounds of 4+. Tallarn is really nice if you like sponsons even if you're only going 5". Cadian is good for stationary tanks and therefore sponsons, but kinda unexciting and invalidates your movement advantage on Russes. Plus Catachan's can use Harker to basically get the effect but better. Also u releaved, but keep in mind Cadians and Tallarn have unique tank orders.

I think Catachan are the best, followed by Tallarn, with Valhallan and Cadian after them. My army is Tallarn FWIW.

Catachans + Harker
Double shots, reroll those D3s (if 1s), AND reroll 1s

>You take the casual disreguard for the lives of your troops so far you start shooting your allies troops
How far is too far?

Too much. That's fifteen psychic powers alone, plus an additional six for the Tzeentch discipline, plus we might be keeping Dark Hereticus (or at least I hope we do, since it's actually got a good variety of effects and isn't just "lolwitchfires").

Making it a Keyword thing across the whole army would also lock you into only a single cult, which isn't really how the legion is "organized" at this point and it's not how any of the other subfaction codexes have worked.

>kill off my enemy's synapse units
>all of his units have to shoot my eldar rangers in cover

I can't wait to do the same but with Stygies Dragoons and TArqs.

That may be the most optimal build for Russes but I dont think I'll need to tool up my Russes THAT much. We still have to see if there are indeed a warlord traits, unique regiment orders or relics for tank commanders which might make some regiments better or worse.

Does anyone have a copy of fire caste by peter fehervari? Cant seem to find it in the mega and im trying to match up the connections between all his short stories and it

>plus we might be keeping Dark Hereticus (or at least I hope we do, since it's actually got a good variety of effects and isn't just "lolwitchfires")
Death Guard didn't, doubt Thousand Sons will.

And fine, each Cult alters Smite in various ways. (Could provide buffs, debuffs, etc.)

What is the best Leman Russ to put a Knight Commander Pask in? Plasma?

I like the look of assault squads and centurions althought the ironclad dred seems nice
I'd also prefer something fluffy so lots of flamers and meltas in my army

I'm thinking I might go Mordian.

Other than victoria minis, does anyone make decent ones?

Punisher

What's the greatest/your most favorite game you've played of any edition anons?
Pic related is from a 4000pt game of Maelstrom in the ass end of 7th against a fully painted Death Guard army. Turned into two giant combats on each flank with a daemon prince and a lord on bike each having to be held down by a 50 man blob of infantry who do to pyschic powers couldn't even hurt them and just had to stall for the rest of the army to pull away a win. Shit was insane.

>you accidentally execute one of the enemy
>you apologize and execute one of your own men as an apology

>Making it a Keyword thing across the whole army would also lock you into only a single cult, which isn't really how the legion is "organized" at this point and it's not how any of the other subfaction codexes have worked.

Again, look at Chaos Space Marines' , adds additional aspects without locking your army into all SLAANESH for 'dem bonuses.

You misunderstand, i still use forgeworld but im not delusional that its balanced. Its pay to win because they (if they bought legit) are payin premium prices to spam cheesy units. If they admitted it, it wouldnt be such an issue especially when they take offense to me using my Tantalus.

I ordered a Vampire Hunter, Revenant Titan, Skatach WK, a bunch of corsair bits, 3 phoenix flyers and 3 reaper upgrade kits FYI.

I'm expecting that to get FAQ'd so it can only be done if the friendlies in combat have the VALHALLA keyword.

Death Guard never had access to it; they started with their own discipline.

I don't really care much how they handle our psykery, as long we aren't completely hamstrung by the Rule of One and get a good variety of effects. I just don't want a repeat of sixth and seventh where Tzeentch mean nothing but witchfires (and mostly shitty one).

It's not one of mine, I found it on some dudes blog while searching to see if anyone else has done something similar to what I want to do.

crankyoldgamer.net/CrankyBlog/mr-skull-head-plague-marine-tutorial/

I will be the smartass and say GW.

FW is cheaper than GW in Australia, so...

OP GW units cost more money then underpowered small boxes and starter sets. So are those p2w? I wouldn't mind you making stupid shitposts about p2w if you admitted that GW has it too or applied it equally where it was due, but you're too stupid to do that.

hope your still here this took ages to find

Who else is still playing 7th because 8th is a broken piece of shit?

That's pretty cool.

I like the idea of making a hole in a model.

Anyone have an idea on how to do that? With a drill?

Sounds more like Tzeentch's thing senpai

Every single unit in the game should be allowed to fire into their allies melee if they pass a leadership test. It's absolutely retarded how the rules are now.

Death Guard had it in the Index.

Sorcerer would use its powers while malignant plaguecaster used contagion, now sorcerers use contagion too.

Someone had to I guess, but geedubs doesn't even HAVE mordian plasma guns anymore

hang on what. I'll screen it.

Who else is still shitposting at this hour?

Can't wait to see how broken xenos are in 2018 when it is codex time finally
Boyz cheaper, orks just plain cheap
Broadsides double fire and crisis buffs
Necrons with 3+ reanimation or something

I'd still be worried about the Cults becoming super insular, with abilities not being able to affect units.

One of the things that the Thousand Sons codex will almost certainly do is provide us with all the support characters that we lack and that the Space Marine, Chaos Space Marine, Grey Knight, and Death Guard codexes added. It'll also probably be accomplished with the Exalted Sorcerer kit, which at the moment is kinda silly. It comes with three dudes that really don't work well in multiples (and don't really work well in general), which makes it an awkward purchase for new players.

Lol good luck.

>don't shoot, we might hit some guys on our side
>never mind they're just our fellow Valhallan countrymen, fire away

Haven't named my hawkshroud knight for years. Help me fix that. Dubs names it.

Its signature move is overloading its reactor core on chaos fools every game.

Literally fucking no one and nothing about 8th is anywhere near as broken as the rotting shitpile that 7th was and will always be remembered as.

I guess Mortarion and Magnus fall into that catagory but i cant think of anything else id consider premium price thats OP as a single unit. Also Ausfags need not apply, im from nottingham UK, the heart of the hobby.