SHADOW WAR GENERAL

I mean the game sold out immediately, is it to much to ask for some support or an expansion? Is Necromunda going to be a total IP bait and switch or are we really going to get a 3D skirmish game?

Combining Shadow War and Necromunda could possibly be the greatest thing ever done by Games Workshop but...lets be real here.

lol

This doesn't look encouraging. Can someone give me the lowdown? Pic related.

Ok ya, I deserved that.

Best case scenario - Necromunda has 2 viable modes of play - board and 3D normal underchive. Necromunda gets all the gangs in plastic kits that give possibility of doing many gangers variants. And the rules are exactly SwA + better campaign stuff.

Worst case scenario ? We get great minis for gangs - get together as a community and add to SwA new stuff to encompass gang related campaigns - with holding teritorry and stuff.

this looks like ass, not necromunda

What are those weird looking orange things?

There's one placed on one of the tiles; hole in the floor counter is my guess.

>I mean the game sold out immediately, is it to much to ask for some support or an expansion?
>he still doesn't get the point of all new GW board games
So basically new Necromunda are just Space Hulk with different races?

What's the point of all new GW board games?

I honestly don't know.

>What's the point of all new GW board games?
Quick cash-grab and preparing the new stuff.

Pretty sure it's confirmed that the new Necro is using a AoS inspired ruleset and not classic Necro.

I honestly wouldn't mind that as long as the campaign system is good but I have a feeling it will be baby's first campaign like SW:A.

That doesn't explain anything. If they wanted to make money they would keep selling games, not make limited editions.

>Pretty sure it's confirmed that the new Necro is using a AoS inspired ruleset
If you mean AoS skirmish than it will disaster.

They are a baffling bunch. On release SWA sold like fucking gangbusters, and now I have yet to see any additional acknowledgement or supposed support for it since release.

Reviews indicate 8th ed 40k with unit activation. IGOUGO + overwatch does lead to boring games if the players turtle so it might be an improvement.

No, off the board near that clump of dice. Kinda mid bottom right.

They are blast/flame templates.

That can be a problem when you don't hire writers.

Only if you are playing gang fights (Kill Team Fights) every time.

A good system should be able to make a straight "kill the other guys" scenario exciting by not rewarding reactive play. I've played many other systems which manage that.

Yeah, I've taken to digging through Mordheim, Frostgrave and other skirmish games just to find more objectives and scenarios to play with beyond "kill the dudes."

Are you one of those people who when shadow war was announced immediately shouted: SHADOW WAR IS LITERALLY NECROMUNDA!

Because a game uses an indoor environment that doesn't make it space hulk.

To be fair, shadow war IS necromunda... it uses the same rules... this won't use the same rules as Space Hulk so it doesn't really apply...

This game sold out at my LGS

...I have yet to find one person willing to play it....

Oh neat, what are are those?