Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Balanced Guard codex edition.

Last >Warhammer Community news(Regimental Focus: Armageddon)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/29/regimental-focus-armageddon-sep29gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_8-bVavjVBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Summary: Rough Riders are not in codex.

All Baneblades down 40.

Valkyries down 20.

Hyrdras down 10.

Leman Russes down 10.

Hotshot down 3.

Melta cannon down 15.

Talarn tank order: move 6" before or after shooting. Doesn't affect any modifiers that mention moving.

Cadian tank order: reroll dice to determine tank shots.

Tempestus order: reroll wounds against vehicles and monsters.

Catachans order: reroll flamer hit dice, ignores cover All Baneblade main cannons fire 1d6 more than usual.

3d6 instead of 2d6 for baneblade cannon for example.

Shadowsword is now 3d3 instead of d6.

Source: youtube.com/watch?v=_8-bVavjVBs

Anyone WE players run kharn over a demon prince? I can't think of a reason to run him over a demon prince as my WL.

Fuck the Guard

>Rough Riders squatted
what the fuck man

>Rough Riders are not in codex.

Fuuuuuuuck

So only Cadians and Tallarn get special tank orders, they seem really good orders too!.

Has anyone seen any Primaris with MKIII helmets? I'm told it fits just fine but I'd love to see some examples.

Best loadout for one of these? I guess the different Regiment Doctrines affect the answer a lot.

>Rough Riders are not in codex

I just picked up some fucking scout bikes to convert. Fuck this shit.

Cadian one is the Catachan Regiment bonus

>Emergency Plasma Vents on Russes
>Now only 1 mortal wound per 1 rolled with overcharged plasma

Guard are best boys

>Rough Riders are not in codex.
On one hand, RIP

On the other, they should have gutted them two codexes ago rather than string it along this far

Catachans seem good, a friend is gonna play 'em. Is Marbo/Harker still a thing?

Is there art that depicts the emperor of man in all of his glory that shows what he looks like or is there no idol worship allowed in the imperium?

guard are nazis

Not really, Tallarn is the best fit for them and the rest dont really benefit Sentinels all that much. Cant go wrong with Autocannons or multilasers, if you're feeling ballsy use Catachan and Heavy flamers

Stratagems:

Vengeance for Cadia: Any AM unit. reroll hits and wounds vs Chaos. 1cp

Inspired Tactics: officer can issue 1 more order. 1cp

Fight to the death: AM unit can take a morale test on a D3 instead of D6. 1cp

Anyone else get a game in this week?

Why are Tallarn 40$?
Everyone else is 35$ at most

Fuck that, Rough Riders were awesome!

Voice of command: 1cp for officer in Chimera to issue orders while inside.

Wtf happened to nerfing IG? They're still OP as fuck, aren't they?

They did some work to the Conscripts but it was basically nothing.

Aerial spotter 2cp: reroll hits with hydra or basilisk model

Consolidate squad 1cp, at end of movement phase, merge two infantry squads which are within 2" of eachother.

That's what I figured, but I was hoping Armored Sentinels could fire heavy weapons without penalty, fluffwise they have recoil stabilizers.

ALRIGHT. FUCK IT. IF YOU CANT BEAT EM, JOIN EM. I'M STARTING GUARD.

I would never have considered doing this with Eldar last edition because fuck elves and I hate mirror matches, but I don't hate Guard that much and something about a Guard vs Guard mirror feels a lot more fun.

Did Stormlords change at all?

Fuck me the tallarn tank order looks good.

So more Elysians + Earthshakers + Taurox spam? And their other tanks got better? Great.

>Vengeance for Cadia:
Jesus fuck

Any army or just Cadians? either way broken as hell, not even marines get this level of auto-delete versus Chaos

Mordian Stratagem 1cp, shooting attack hits of 6 can trigger another hit

Cadian stratagem 2cp, if a unit of yours has inflicted a wound on an enemy which wasnt saved, all other units gain +1 to hit vs that unit till the end of the phase

Vostroyans stratagem 1cp, +1 to hit on any vostroyan unit

Tallarn stratagem 3cp, use during deployment. Choose up to 3 tallarn units, they go hide. At the end of any movement phase, any can emerge within 7" of any battlefield edge but not within 9" of enemy.

pic related. Traitor guard vs steel legion.

Cheaper, no -1 to hit on move and I 3d3 shots instead of d6

Guard codex scans when?

No no, I mean the one with the Vulcan bolter.

Wait for Vlad.

Next week.

SOON

I'm proud I have stuck with Guard for this long, and get to see us piss everyone else off. It's like a dream come true!

>Vengeance for Cadia: Any AM unit. reroll hits and wounds vs Chaos. 1cp
HAHAHAHAHA CHAOSKEKS BTFO

>Vostroyans stratagem 1cp, +1 to hit on any vostroyan unit
>it's only 1cp
Oh god why did Steel Legion get so cucked

Well it costs a CP, but you can give orders out of chimeras again. Methinks this was designed without the 1 CP per phase limit in mind, when it might have been a lot better.

By the emperor be praised. I wanna see the new lore, conversions, and actual full rules.

Think I'm gonna do up some salvars in the future using catachan rules.

New power: Nightshroud, value 6. Give a unit -1 to hit from shooting attacks till next psychic phase

Mental fortitude power: give fearless to unit.

Psychic maelstrom power: pick enemy unit within 18". Roll a dice, on 2+ do MW, then on 3+ do a MW, 4+ etc till one is saved or fails.

the salt when this drops will be massive, It's going to be even funnier when the Nids dex releases
IG vs Nids will be 10/10 fun again!

I'm not even mad anymore, I'm just starting a Guard army.

Now that I think of it, all of 40k being Guard vs Guard doesn't even sound too bad. Fuck power armour.

Wait for Nids.

So, since my GSC brood brothers don't get regimental bonuses, looks like my GSC are going to be counts-as Guard.
I can convert my iconwards to Priests, and Magi are just Primaris, but what's something I can do with my Primus and Acolytes? An Inquision patrol maybe?

Ignore guard fags
Shun guard fags
Refuse guard fags

>IG vs Nids will be 10/10 fun again!
This is all I want.

If the nid book is this good the rest of the factions in 40k can get fucked, I will play Guard vs Guard and Nids vs Guard and Guard vs Nids until the end of time.

>Catachans order: reroll flamer hit dice, ignores cover All Baneblade main cannons fire 1d6 more than usual.
>3d6 instead of 2d6 for baneblade cannon for example.
So uhh, how can I fluff myself some Thousand Son Catachans?
Why would Rambo hangout with my NERDS

It really isn't. There's actual back and forth.

So cadians get to reroll 1s passively, get to reroll all misses on the order, and get +1 to hit a target another unit already hit before. Ouch.

Wait, aren't regimental bonuses just based off of Detachments? What stops you from using them?

Supposedly they're getting their own Regimental Doctrine when the GSC Codex comes out.

crusaders, death cult assassins, and arco flagellants are all good since youre bringing a priest anyway

>people think guard are strong
>fucking nids and eldar to come at another notch of power creep

Jesus Christ, by the time they release the fucking orkz this shit is going to be fucking nuts.

I fucking love it.

Points.

Oh, you didn't see those 90 guys over there?

Ah. So I just need to wait for 9-18 months while my Guardsmen are worse than regular guardsmen because they wear purple?

>Ork Boyz cost 5 poitns now
>can fire into melee if there are gretchin in the fray
>can take 'ard armor again for a flat 10-15 points
screencap this

Don't jinx it, user.

It's happened in the past. Codex creep kept continuing, and GW randomly at some point decides "okay we've gone too far" and decides to pull the plug, and the next 3-4 Codexes get utterly fucked before they start creeping back up again.

Halal is more expensive m8.

TACTICOOL GENIUS, ALLAH BE PRAISED EDITION

I'm really liking that, cheese aside, every codex so far is op in a way.

TALLARN

Not TALLARN INFANTRY

You can Outflank 3 Baneblades with this.

So with rough riders we can use index units if they aren't in the codex right ?

This is honestly how it should be
I would rather every dex have something completely broken than completely unplayable like Orkz and Nids in 7th

>Power fists are 10 pts
>Boltguns are 1 pt

Where is that fucking moron from last week? He has a hat to eat

WE 5TH EDITION CREED AGAIN BOIS
story?

>Tallarn Ambush stratagem to place 3 units within 7" of any table edge and 9" away from the enemy

HAHAHAHA TIME FOR RECON!

FFFFUCK DAT SHIT

Traitors/renegades armies welcome to join in too

We're all soldiers now.

But which regiment to pick..?

RECONNAISSANCE BANEBLADES

Looks like leman russ don't have split datasheets anymore.

>The hill wasn't a hill
>It was 90 conscripts

>3 Stormlords with 40 infantry each

True meaning of rape.

>Rerolling your 4+ to hit 5+ to wound ap nothing bayonets
Bloody hell Veeky Forums, every IG player has been running a Paskisher for the last 3 editions that has now become a bs2+ st5 40 shot abomination, and you whinge about the shit thats absolutely fine?

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

wow that's an oldie

Creed hiding in space Pakistan confirmed

Catachan? Then we get S4 Infantry charges.

It's any unit.
As in tanks rerolling to hit+wound

They're releasing an FAQ that will errata the Brood Brothers rule to strip Regimental Doctrines from Brood Brothers Detachments.

On the bright side it will update the GSC Leman Russes.

>story?
There was a massive fucking argument about the cost of wargear, and one guy dug in his heels and said that everyone uses the most recent publication for the cost.

He swore up and down it was how things were going to work but wouldn't you know it, guard have different points costs for their wargear!

Sure, but some are queen in chess broken and others are Meta Knight in Brawl broken.

>mfw i fucking called it

fuck, sorry guard guys. we all lost stuff in the 8th/codex updates

What did your faction lose? Mind you our Vendettas were moved to FW

At least they're still broken as fuck and will win every major tourney of 2017.

Y'know, the IG codex is beyond broken and Guardfags (or a vocal minority of them) are being absolute cunts about it, but I am glad of the amount of care put into it. You can tell that the dude that wrote it likes Guard, knows his shit about Guard, and wants each regiment to feel strong and unique. I can only hope the remaining codices are treated like this and not like Admech's "take your index with the bare minimum required to ship added on, now fuck off" approach.

>Implying Nids and Eldar are not going to mop the floor with everything in less than a month

So its rerolling 4+ to hit 2+ to wound for one turn.

I dont know what you expected, this is a fairly reasonable stratagem. I dont think this is going to be one of the things that makes playing guard unpleasant.

Have fun.

>Yarrick must take Voice of Command warlord trait.

Well I guess that makes sense, but now if I take the guy I can't even think about Strategist or anything. Oh well.

here we go

>Yarrick not in black
Ooh, this triggers me badly

Meh, I'm fine with making named characters take certain traits.

Rip daemonic mounts
Rip rough riders
Rip anything i forgot

May they rise again

>Newest codex once again most powerful shit
POWER CREEP STILL FULL FORCE
Fuck we were better off in 7th

>Fuck we were better off in 7th
lmao you're not fooling anybody

>Fuck we were better off in 7th

STEADY user
STEADY