How does this class system look?

How does this class system look?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tg/1506737754522.jpg55632543
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augur
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wild guess: it doesn't.

Without even looking at in depth I can tell you for a tabletop it is dogshit. No one likes reading fucking flowcharts to see what they need to qualify for a class to qualify for a class to qualify for the class they want.

For what possible reason unless if its for a video game?

Arbitrary and bad.

Sorry.

Too many classes that could/should overlap. For a tabletop game primarily about roleplaying many of these should be a self-appointed title rather than some prestige class. Too arbitrary and overly complicated; its shit. Any system with more than maybe 10 classes (which are all a combination of warrior, rogue, wizard, and maybe priest) is needlessly complex and leaves players with either meaningless copy-paste choices or a narrow choice of abilities. This system will have both problems.

To be a little more specific: you should have the four base classes, and then other classes should be a combination of a number of those four. Everything else should be a part of the character’s story/personality, not a game mechanic.

>How does this class system look?

Looks needlessly complex and convoluted.

Japan would love it.

Seems legit, if it were for some autismal tactics game and the classes had weird requirements like alignment and charisma i would play it.

Oh wait, that is called ogre battle

>No one likes reading fucking flowcharts
fuck you, I like reading flowcharts

I like this advancement scheme!

I think class system is better when you can customize them for your liking. For example, depending on how you spend your attributes and skills points a Warrior can range from a Berserker to a Tank, while Knight, Viking, Samurai, Fencer and etc are just a cosmetic change. Or a Rogue can focus on stealing, assassination and even ninja magic or blend those skills

Classless system with skill trees and stat attributes-your punchy warrior can learn to cure light wounds as much as your buff/heal cleric can trade in his walking stick for a mace and shield, the end result is a paladin either way

>>i.4cdn.org/tg/1506737754522.jpg55632543
what the fuck is this garbage
"beast master"
"bard"
not connected at all, what?

learn to quote dumbass

We really need more info to assess the system.

Does this graph show the requirements for the a class? Do you have a FFT-style skill system where you take skills from each class into a pool you can use in your new one? Are players supposed to keep getting new classes or can they stick with their first one without sucking ass?

Depending on what the classes actually do answers will change drastically.
So far though I can say that the graph could be ordered better and you probably can condense a few of the classes.

>auger
What does that mean?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augur

If your dead set on using this flow chart. It might be a better idea to turn these bubbles into skill sets where players start with 3-4 of them and unlock more as the progress.

Meant to say 1-2 instead of 3-4 but thinking it over its probably better to start them off with 1 and earn more as they progress.

did you copy me boi

Here you go user. You're looking for this.

Like a bunch of words that don't have much to do with each other, with an attempt to structure them in a set of branching paths. And then some that they couldn't even shoehorn into their arbitrary class tree.

FFT:A/10

>year of our lord 2017
>still using class systems

Okay, but do you like *this* flowchart?

It's also frontloaded decision-wise. If you want to be a particular dude and that makes you look at a class that's three classes deep in the tree, not only do you need to look at the chart, but you need to look at it at the concept stage. Once you've made your decision, you don't look at it again.

I prefer games that let you design your character on the go, as you work out what you want to do with them. DnD 5e and 4e are the only examples I can think of that do that with classes; you can just make a Rogue, and then choose what you want to specialize them in when you get to the level that gives you that choice.