Barbarian Thread

I'm rolling a Barbarian in a new group I'm joining, so post barbarians!

Just played her tonight actually. Modified to be a Goliath barbarian with a 2handed large great warhammer(3d6). stupid powerful at level 3. Got 2 critical in a row, each did over 50 damage with most normal hits dealing 18-22 damage.

>barbarian
>wielding sissy sword which isnt even twice his size
ew
cityfolk truly disgusting

T H I C C

>this guy
>pretending to be a barbarian
>looking down on a pretty decent long sword.
>advocating animu weapons
>probably dosent even have mighty meaty thews like a proper barbarian.

Disgusting.

dude these:
are barbarians
the rest are sissy cityfolk trying to look cool

How are you rolling over 50 damage, even with a critical attack, at level 3? I'm assuming 5e (except large weapons don't exist so maybe you're playing 3.5 and I forgot about some crazy rule)

Maximum, assuming there aren't other shenanigans going on, would be 40 (6d6+4Str mod)

If there's homebrew stuff or I'm not remembering older editions right then so be it but that seems like there's a computation problem.

Not sure if he counts as a barbarian.

>walk out cave
>arrow hit

Post more barbarian qts

What makes a good barbarian name?

There's the classic, mono or duo syllabic names

Thorrik, Krum, Lud

This time I want to do a funny name. I was thinking "UU" pronounced "two you". He heard it in a song, and thought it was so great, he took it as his own. That song? Happy Birthday; he thought "to you" was a name.

Anyone got anything funnier?

So, I want to make a barbarian for a new pathfinder game. I was thinking human, because LOL 2Feat!

My DM, bless his soul, is introducing a few new races. This one stuck out as busted as hell.

+2 to any two abilities and -2 to one, all your choice
+2 Insight AC, +2 vs Fear and they choose one of the following aspects

Heart: Gain breath weapon (line = 10ft/HD) Damage: 1d8/3HD Choose elemental type: Acid, cold, electricity, fire (reflex 10 + 1/2HD + CON MOD Your build is strong and stout

Mind: Gain darkvision out to 30ft and low-light vision +2 racial on perception (this increases as you gain HD eventually granting short range true seeing

Wings: +10 on jump checks and you can guild droping 10 ft every 30 ft; at 6HD you can fly with average mobility; 8HD you can hover ; 12HD fly-by attack; 16HD You do not tire from flying; 20HD you gain perfect mobility able to change your direction in an instant

Should I hold my tongue and take the race, knowing it's busted? If you were going to take it, which option would you take? Free flight, ridiculous blast damage or darkvision/true seeing?

In 3.pf a crit on a big ol blunt weapon was either 3x or 4x damage

>Barbarian offers a ton of room for really interesting character personalities/backstories
>everyone just plays them as generic angry berserker guy with low int

Why is it so hard for people to actually make interesting barbarians?

Playing as an idiot is half the fun.

As a barb, I don't have to be responsible for anything other than taking damage, soaking damage, roleplaying and making the rest of the table laugh.

I made one that was a young buck out to make a name for herself.
Bar none the absolute most fun were two semi-related pieces of the game; getting over a really ingrained racism towards them 'settled folk' and 'city dwellers' (which was a long-term thing that took a while) and finding out she was like, a crypto-princess and having to navigate the intricacies and backstabbing of faux-china nobility with only her feral cunning and perpetual willing to be the one to resort to violence first.

It was real fun.

Who says barbarians have to be low-tech?

The poster of the chick:
It's min-maxed in a way I didn't aim to do.
There aren't 2H warhammers so I convinced the DM that a 2H version of the normal warhammer would just be a size cat larger in damage die. So goes from 1d8 to 2d6 to be a Medium 2h "Great Hammer" I'm playing a Goliath so I can use 1 size cat larger with no penalty, so a large "Great Hammer" going to 3d6.
Goliath also allows me to get 20 strength off the bat (I dropped 2 of the bonus 4 str to get rid of the level adjustment)
So a crit for me is 3d6+5 str +1 wep ench all x3 all at level, though it would also apply at level 1 even truthfully.

My barbarian (the 3rd post in thread) is a Goliath that was sent to a merc group to gain fighting experience as our family is a well respected and known military family. Her mother was the Master Sargeant at arms in the kingdom's military before retiring and my brother taking the position.
So while still all fighty, she is not stupid, not good at noncombat related skills. So far she has been role played as very stoic and kind of reserved because she has a family name to live up to.

I tried playing a dual wielding 'sneak and ambush' barbarian once and got yelled at for not two handing an axe and charging into combats. Feels bad man

Ashlanders are the best Barbarians

I like to think after the fall of the Tribunal and in the post-apocalyptic chaos of the red-mountain era, the Ashlanders have thrived.

Varangian Guardsmen, maybe moreso technically fighters but I like to imagine them as rich, succesfull, high-level Barbarians.

has anyone ever done a 'all-barbarian' campaign?

not literally just a part of barbarians (the class), but all from the same barbarian tribe, maybe a barbarian, druid, ranger, something like that.

I usually like to dip mix rogue with Barbarian, because nothing fucks up your day like a greatsword sneak attack. Also because Conan the Barbarian was more of a mix of thief/rogue and barbarian than he was a straight barbarian build.

Also, playing a character that is dumber than you are is much easier than playing one that is smarter than you are, so the big dumb barbarian cliche is fun for everyone.

I did that one time but just rolled up a fighter/thief and played it like Conan.

That reminds me. Anyone play the new Conan RPG? Any good?

I made a pirate captain out of my barbarian so don't keep your barbarian down. Give him a supportive environment to succeed and he will!

i want to read conan
whats best books or the comics

Books are public domain at this point, grab any random collection and give them a shot.
Probably more comics than books.

They're called rangers, you shitlord.

Read anything written by Robert E. Howard, ignore the rest. Most of the Dark Horse comics are also acceptable.