Have you ever played as a guy who uses a minigun?

Have you ever played as a guy who uses a minigun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIlwHT4IdRc
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q
ballad.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_the_Void_Wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=ylnZ22mJuBw
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Rade_Sark
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

minigun? no
vulcan gun? yes

No, but I've had a character who used an LMG as his primary weapon. Walked around in heavy armour too, the heavy weapons guy of the team.

The closest I've ever talked a GM into allowing is a belt-fed M-60.

I've always wanted to use an LMG in an rpg.

Imagine having a SAW in D&D. You'd be unstoppable, even against wizards. They wouldn't be able to cast spells in time to save themselves

>It ain't me increases

>+5 to it ain't me

My last character was a Wolfbane Commando from a Mutant Chronicles game. He was trained in usage of a minigun from his previous career as a soldier in the Imperial corporate army. He also had made some connections in a previous career event that would let him get one cheaply, quickly, and with no questions asked. Sadly the game died before we could get very far.

I play a guy who walks around with a heavy stubber. Pretty much the same thing. walking machine gun platform.

Hand-held miniguns are retarded anyway. They are always mounted on something:
youtube.com/watch?v=rIlwHT4IdRc

Problematic original or e4 (or later) murdermachine?

>tfw when you ran a Only War, with a Vietnam theme
>tfw when your first player to have died stepping on a mine and getting his legs and nuts blown off only to have a nearby enemy yell "Go home in body bag IG!"

not me but one of the ODSTs in my party sometimes carries a minigun in dense areas since it's fuckin rapey af

Not personally, but in the same game that someone did, I played a guy who wound up losing his right arm, getting a prosthesis fitted, and having said prosthesis be fitted with all sorts of interchangeable weapons, including:
Belt-fed automatic shotgun (armor piercing explosive, buckshot, monofilament wire, grenades, and incendiary rounds among others)
Chemical injector(Usually a nasty acid that ate most organic material)
Chemical PROjector(Napalm, aforementioned acid, adhesive)
Energy shield(usually combined with the spiked claws to explode someone from inside - punch through, then activate shield)
Antimatter cannon.
Good times. Though Minigun Dude's gun kept breaking in the heat of combat.

I play Deathwatch, so...

Specifically in D&D rule-set they pretty shit compared to mid level magical nukes an weeb 100 hit martial combos desu

Better question is who hasn't?

Anyone that managed to avoid field-testing the R&D dept's "Advanced Projectile Ejector" in Paranoia...

Was glorious

>Jesse Ventura describing shooting the minigun without a brace
>"You just had to grit your teeth and hold on. It's like firing a chainsaw. It's fucking ridiculous. Why the fuck would anyone want to use something like that?"

No but i really do want to, if our GM ever does another dark heresy run I'm gonna make a meathead and try to get my hands on a minigun or at least a heavy stubber. I just need something to carry it around in so i won't get stopped at every checkpoint in the hive.

I tried it, but the weapon was only included as a meme because people were demanding it, and the rules for actually using it are insane. You need like four talents to make it work at all and there's no point at which it's better than a regular HMG except for suppressing a hundred people at once.

>except for suppressing a hundred people at once

Just gotta find that one situation to make it pay.

>13mm
That's an autocannon.

>40lb gun that fires 7.62 rounds? No. 200lb gun thay fires 20mm rounds? Yes

Jesus fucking Christ

Yeah. He named the minigun after his ex-wife.

Maybe he indentifies himself as a A-10.

>that pic
>those hips
>that baby arm

>Janovich 1488
Are you aware that 1488 is a neo-nazi meme?

The dev was so annoyed at people demanding a minigun in a WWII dieselpunk game that he made the entire gun a nazi. "Janovich" refers to a character who is basically Elf-Hitler from another game made by the same company.

So if you want a minigun in CotV, you're basically carrying around a tiny Auschwitz on your back. I'll bet the barrels are shaped like a swastika. There are little guard towers on the gun with mechanical soldiers who sieg heil whenever you pull the trigger.

What is CotV? I'm having trouble finding it.

>you're basically carrying around a tiny Auschwitz on your back.
I kind of need this now.

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales. It was made by Opaque Industries, the guys who've been making Song of Swords on Veeky Forums for like four years. The lead developer made CotV in two days because he got B& for shitposting on /v/. The premise is pretty cool, and the lore is awesome, but the book itself is pretty bare-bones. The mechanics totally work though for CQC stuff you need to reference Song of Swords.

The main thread is down (probably because the dev got banned again, he's a major-league shitposter) but I'll get you a link, the game is totally free. It's somewhere in this MEGA.

mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Well, they're honest at least.

ballad.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_the_Void_Wiki
You can find out about the setting and some background stuff on the wiki. Some of it is pretty hilarious.

Reading through, what is a Zell? It's not exactly clear.

They're elves. In SoS, they're basically boat gypsies who float around occasionally getting drunk and stealing stuff and don't age as long as they're at sea. When they reach a certain age their ships plunge into the depths, and apparently they end up in The Void, where gravity affects them inversely and they have to live on the bottoms of islands.

In SoS human/Zell hybrids always just come out as Zells, but in CotV they instead produce "Demi-Zells," who are all creepy Marfans Syndrome looking weirdos with pointy ears. It's not clear why this is but the implication is that SoS humans aren't actually human, whereas CotV humans ARE human, so they don't hybridize properly with elves.

Why would a submarine captain have an elf harem?

How do you reload a cyclone missile launcher?

They have absurdly good hearing, so they're like living sonar. Chironites (Space Nazis) make one exception in their racial purity beliefs, which is Zells.

My early 90s Shadowrun go to was always a merc type with heavy armor, a gyro-mount and a minigun. Everytime!

ask a battle bro to do it for you

Blaine was using cheat codes because the gun itself weighs like 80 pounds but that's nothing in comparison to the weight of the ammo you'd have to carry if you want to fire it for more than ten seconds and the weight of the batteries that the motor needs to run so that the gun can function at all.

Also aren't they supposed to be some kind of rescue squad? What the fuck kind of rescue missions need a goddamn minigun?

An awesome one.
youtube.com/watch?v=ylnZ22mJuBw

This game is so fucking stupid, but I love it.

I did once, I was in a Star Wars / Halo x-over, and played a John Chriton-esque Space Marine. He had a mini-gun that was his primary weapon until he upgraded to a blaster version.

And that's just firing blank cartridges.

Shadowrun troll in the back of the party van with the minigun. Was great fun.

I was LMG gunner in Twilight 2000. As long as I could get into good position, I was singlehandly running the entire show.

Yeah, he had a power cable attached to it and somebody else feeding the ammo. He still managed to do it unbraced though, even firing blanks.

No minigun. Have used various classes of MGs though. Used to do Twilight 2000 using GURPS for maximum milsim.

Honest question - what's better for milsim:
Twilight 2000 2.3e with supplements or GURPS with High Tech and Tactical Shooting?
I know for sure GURPS is going to fail the moment vehicles are involved, but other than that, it's very open-ended for me.

GURPS.

We made it work even for vehicles, but the GM went deep to make sure everything is in order, down to the rivets, and the group had a mix of ex-military and gun autists in addition to pure civilians.

Okay may I ask who the hell that elf guy is?

I have seen that dude nearly many times whenever elf threads pop up, who is that character???

I've played in a few Fallout campaigns, but none to the point where we could get our hands on a minigun.

I'd love to though. Rotary guns get me going something fierce.

Oh, that explains how you made it work. Guess I'll have to stick to T 2.3 - not counting me (penultimate year of conscription in Poland) and another guy (former plutonowy, that would be OR-4 by NATO), everyone else never had any contact with military at all, not to mention one guy who is young enough to even not go throught the mandatory middle school shooting range practice, as the law changed by the time he was of "proper age".
It's kind of fun, since the plutonowy is not pushy at all and I do regularly consult the guy sitting in the garrison library for tactical quips (retired major of mechanised), but other than that it's a full on "bunch of kids playing war"

If it works for you, go for it.

Good luck, and have fun!

Rade Sark, Zell (naval elf) Hitler. Song of Swords character.

tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Rade_Sark

>regularly consult the guy sitting in the garrison library for tactical quips (retired major of mechanised)
I'd kill for this kind of help.
How do you even enter garrison, not to mention library, if you are not military yourself?

>(penultimate year of conscription in Poland)

The library is set in an "garrison club", which itself is set in an old villa two streets away from the garrison itself.
Now the library is closed for civilians, UNLESS you happen to have a "patron" who gets you there and sign your library card. I happen to befriend a civil defense teacher in high school, who was retired artillery captain, so he used his clut to get me into that library. Nobody ever asked what the hell I'm doing in a restricted area and out of uniform. Not to mention what a teen is doing there when I still was a teen.
And nowdays the whole show is run by a retired major, who happen to have a proper degree to run a library, thus he's spending his days there, killing time with reading and talking if anyone shows up. But is very eager to help with "war games", considering what we are doing a "good training for NCOs"

All it gave me is a military conscription book, which is outdated anyway, as the structure of conscription and bureaus responsible for it changed already three times since I've finished my duty. It's signed by non-existing conscription office, which was restructured into also no longer existing office, which was then changed into another office, liquidated a year ago. It's funny when I'm filling forms for new job and have to check what is my current conscription center each time, because they are changing so fast.