Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Kroot and Blueberry Waffles edition

>Astra Mili-Tapping man youtube.com/watch?v=_8-bVavjVBs

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

First for I Want To Believe

I'm glad IG got some fun stuff. The codices are finally starting to be less bland.

>tfw i started a guard tonk army just as 7th was finishing

Dear lord I predicted the new hotness

my dudes > your dudes

pew pew pew and such

Help me pick a forge world, its for paints, not for game-play. It doesn't have to be GW made

Elaborate?

We ain't done.

Please...
No more...

My gf play vs the same guy that I did in this picture,

Would putting skitarii vanguard heads on Cadians look good? I'm picking up ally conscripts for my AdMech army and kinda want to make them special, but still discernable as guard. They'll be painted mars colors already, not sure if that will make them look too similar

Double treads disgust me

Only people who I disagree with on a philosophical level enjoy this thing that I don't like.

Blood angels can summon power fists for only 10 pts., but only after disembarking.

FOUR

Dunno the names but for colour schemes:

>bright yellow with white coat linings
>dark blue with bright yellow coat linings
>black with scarlet coat linings
>Roman purple and gold scheme
>Cadian scheme

>BEHOLD MY ARMS

How do I buy the epub for Imperial Gaurd

Man, I know it's a bit dumb to complain, but my Leman Russes just don't pack the punch they need to be useful. I wish I could use them and not just bring infantry all the time. Hey, what's this? Regimental Teasers from GW?

"Grinding Advance: If this model moves half it's speed in the movement phase it can fire it's primary weapon twice"
*2D6 Leman Russ Cannons*
*And with Catachan I can Reroll Each random # of attacks AND bring a charactor that rerolls ones!*
*EIGHT STR8 ATTACKS PER TURN AVERAAAAAAGE!*
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS! ES BRAUST UNSER PANZER! IM STURMWIND DAHIN!

Infantry? Back in the box, fuckers!

>buying stuff from GW
Look at this faggot

Double the traction and double the work the engine has to do, along with more differentials to repair

Can someone who's watched the Winters review give a run down of scions?

Buy?
Just wait for the link here, or go to the GW site once the dex comes out on the 7th;.

>2d6 average is eight

Because when I think Catachan jungle fighters, I think heavy armour

Thank, GW

the grim reaper vs the angel of death

they are nice heads, go for it

They've got sentinels that can ignore overwatch, and some other interesting stratagems.

With the Catachan re-rolls, yeah. It's more like 9 in fact.

1D6 Average is 3.5, and 2D6 average is 7. But if you're rerolling your 1s and 2s (Cadian Doctrine) that average gets bumped to about 4. So 2D6 rerolling low #s is about 8. It's rough math to be sure but it beats the hell out of the old ways we had to buff our tanks.

friend I suggest you slow it down with the positing. Its starting to get too frequent

Just that one picture. I don't post battle reports twice.

I dont understand how math hammer works at all.

Re-roll the 3's too.

Take a statistics course. Mathhammer is babby math

What is this shit
Is this a lazy new meme?

This. It's honestly easy as fuck.

How salty would you be if I painted and tied little slings to meltaguns and plasma guns and then just hung them from my dudes saying they are the guys with the special weapons?

Tourney legal? Even if they had the weapon they replace by taking it?

Returning player, just checking but could I take an allied detachment for an Ad Mech army without losing their canticles as long as they stuck to their own detachments? The 1d4chan page is sadly the best source of tactics at the moment and they're not very precise at times...

Also struggling to find a use for a LR Prometheus I have. Just seems like a massive waste of a warlord trait/reroll bubble in a Marine list, is it viable to just skip the trait and buy a cheapo lieutenant/techmarine to twiddle his thumbs in it/a Damocles for the free CP?

>That moment when you realize you could eat an entire Obliterator squad with ONE. TANK'S. TURN.

There must be a catch. Our tanks must cost a fortune, or all the guns are nerfed. Or something. I'm suspicious now.

>You will never have a qt 3.14 Kreiger Waifu

DOOD could fuck them all up

Aren't those Tau'nar already have their rules in the FW index ?

No anons you cant make me learn.

Any army can be the new hotness once their Codex drops though.

I Want To Believe
that Fires of Cyraxus is real, and not a many-year prank like plastic Sisters of Battle.

Am I a sinner for having the Tzeentch dice?

All evidence suggests it's a straight buff.

GW are monsters.

>41st century
>Wh*te people still exist
Nice fairytale you got here

Just 8 attacks user. It's like 2 wounds after a 4+ to hit, 2+ to wound, and a 5+ armor save.

I bet FW intended for FoC to have the 7th edtion rules, but then GW had to drop the 8th edtion which fucked up their schedule so badly we probably dont get to see it atleast next year.

FUCK YOU I WILL ANYWAYS.
Say for instance, you want to find how many wounds on average a boltgun will do to a squad of guardsmen per turn.
You multiply the space marine's chance to hit, which is (2/3), by the marine's chance to wound, which is also (2/3), then multiply by the chance of the guardsman failing his armor save, which is (5/6). So, (2/3)*(2/3)*(5/6)= about .37 wounds per turn. Shit gets a bit more difficult when you take rerolls into account, but it still isn't that bad. Feel free to correct me if I fucked up, statistics isn't really my thing.

>Wh*te
What did he mean by this?

Meant for

Rerolls throw more maths in with the % failure and selective reroll conditions but that's about spot on

Well yeah, but it gets two shots, so that's 4 dead marines a turn

>41st millenium
>black people still exist
nice fairytale you got here

Beautiful

READ NIGGA, READ!

Hey guys my gf is in this thread, be kind

Oh shit, I fucked up. The guardsman's chance to fail his armor save is actually (2/3).

>saying this
You're just trying to prompt shitposting aren't you?

>Leman Russ got ten points cheaper

What army does she play?

Every Catachan is a sexual tyrannosaurus. The largest and hardest pounding heavy support just makes sense

This is Veeky Forums I don't know what you're expecting. The guy immediately after me is going to say "post tits" or something.

Does she play/is she considering playing 40k?

Its not just that. Mechanicum was Bligh's baby. The only reason they exist is because of his love for them. With him gone I cant imagine the drive to add all the beep boops to 40k is there.

Yes
Necrons

post tits or something

>necrons
Into the trash it goes

Whoa, dating a mosochist huh?

Wait why is it 2/3 and not 5/6? isnt 2/3 a 3+?

She played them in 7th and just carried over.
Started picking up D Elder too.

Need some input, I have a squad of rangers that I started painting a while back, but I got distracted and set them aside. At the time, you could do both an omnispex and an EDT, so now I'm looking at splitting the squad. Squad 1 has the omni and a pair of Transuranics. Squad two has a regular ranger and a EDT, how would you folks fill the remaining 3 seats? Note the detachment also has a full team of Vanguard with Omni and a bunch of Plasma

Hi anons girlfriend!

Why does everybody's girlfriend play DE or Tyranids? It never fails.

That's why I stick to Tank Commanders and grab Yarrick for some reroll support.
>Warning, the following odds are calculated in my head because lazy. Do not take to heart unless you've consulted a statistics textbook.
9 attacks =>6 hits=>5 Saves =>3 Unsaved wounds =>6 damage Average. SOOO much better. Plus, I take a lascannon with my tank commanders to pluck off the odd extra dude. I like my ranges long and flexible.

The guardsman passes his armor save on a 5 or a 6, but fails on a 1, 2, 3, or 4. Therefore the chance of him failing his armor save is (4/6), or (2/3)

>unfeeling killer robots and sadistic torture elves

Does she have daddy issues?

So did you let her build an army recycled from your sprue waste?

Huh

Official list of reddit armies
1) IG
POWERGAP
2) NIDS
3) T'AU
4) NECRONS
POWERGAP
5) ORCS
6) CHAOS all of it

Heh that's amazing. Best thing I've seen today.

in the grim light-brown future, everyone is tallarn (and also there's only war)

OH MY GOOOOOOOD!

Nah she has her own army if real necrons.
I showed her that for some ideas to get more warriors to fill out units.

I hate this sentiment. The codexes have been bland because it has been codexes for bland armies. We got Generic Marines, Generic Spikey Marines, Elite Marines, Gross Spiky Marines, and Beep Boops. Of thise, the Boops was the only fuck uo and it's a brand new aemy that they probably just son't know what to do with. I expect everything but X Marines to be good dexes.

Hi random user!

Out of curiosity, do you guys think that as new books come out balance will catch up, or are you planning to complain about IG until the next edition?

You know why.

It's mainly salty Taufags who are pissed they have to buy new models to support their WAAC addiction

Honestly, there are human colonies which have been separated long enough for groups of people to adapt with more melanin for high sun areas, and low melanin for colder climates. Acting like race is even a factor in the 41st millennium is kind of dumb.

The new books should close the gap with any luck, but I doubt any will overtake Guard.

What are LRCs priced at now? Did they drop too, or stay the same.

How many points is this supposed to be?

I know, I was just memeing.

I hope for balance to catch up. But even then the bitching will continue.

>tfw when I have two girlfriends and one plays DE and the other plays Orks and I'm the femboy who plays Tyranids

I'm torn now between using Tallarn, Vostroyan, or a Scion list. Also not sure if I wanna go with a baroque religious guard or like Highlander Guard. Or maybe both.

Just wanna build a quilt force.