How does Veeky Forums like its beastfolk?

for me it's smug, cute and with a wicked sense for cynicism

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/JDkDMKTP
youtube.com/watch?v=T_jgBbCsdeU
youtube.com/watch?v=CZS01XzwUQo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No other mammal-folk, unless it's a weird mammal like a Pangolin or a Star-Nosed Mole or some shite like that.
Froglings, Fishlings, Cockroachlings, that sort of thing are fully fine though

It's impossible to stop something being sexualised, but I find using weirder/uglier species as a base for beastfolk cuts down on yiffery
That said, I imagine if you do get the right sort of weirdo it'd be much worse

>The series will end just as we get to Best Dad and Byrgenwerth

>will end

user, it ended yesterday.

nnaa

Crab people

And frog people

how would you stat a nanachi?

Ok I typed it most of it up instead so if you're interested here it is, my short set of Tweaks to Mouse Guard to let you play Made in Abyss in it:

pastebin.com/JDkDMKTP

There is probably more things you'll need to do like change some of the skills or professions, but that is pretty minor stuff.

There might be other major changes needed, let me know what is missing. I'ma sleep now but I'll check the thread when I wake and think about what changes need to be made.

Feel free to copy and change this and publish it anywhere.

Beastfolk are, well, humanized beasts. Frogfolk are arrogant, fishfolk all have dementia. Pigfolk would be as smart as they are lazy. And of course, every beastfolk overlord is a bigger, more smug version of their brethern.

>Pigs
>not the masterrace

Pigs are only lazy because they don't sweat

That's why boar people make such great orcs in cold settings.
also
>boar orcs are best orcs

Mah nigga

Strong
Tough
Smart

Pigs are basically the best beastfolk without going into crazy animals like mantis shrimp

i dont do them because im not a yiffing furfag like OP

>not wanting to have a race of boar people in your setting
>not wanting orcs+1

/thread

As a people. Some are ugly, some are good looking, some are violent, some are peaceful, some are greedy while others share with everyone. They have their day to day worries, their local issues they work around. They fuck, they carouse, they celebrate. They marry, they cheat, they stay true to their spouse(s). They honor their dead, and strive to live.

They are like you or I, but different.

Slave race.

This should be true for all settings.

If beastfolk aren't slave race then it's a shit setting.

This. The only places for the furfag races are either the slave pits or the oven

>tfw you will never have devoted loving pet catgirl

why live

Study genetics

Plus, when you kill one, it makes great barbecue.

Can't spell pork without ork, user.

So is this manga any good or is it just nonstop loli/shota fanservice shit?

Classy if a bit rough around the edges.

Ugly, Savage, Monstrous with ferocious strength and hate for all things, not them.
More beast than man lower intelligence with minimalistic society. I prefer them to be the antagonist to some degree. I like them nomadic with limited metallurgical knowledge.
If you try to fuck them, you'll probably be fucked into a wet smear on the ground and probably split in half.

Fuck your feelings.

it's mostly gore (not to be confused with guro) fanservice

But is it good? Is the story good? The characters? What's it really about?

I like mine dripping with semen

What is this

What is it about

He's not wrong though

I've no context into this picture, so I don't know if I should be happy or deeply concerned.

Happy that severely abused puppy is on a nice, soft, mattress, surrounded by toys and being taken good care of by people who love it.
Or
Preemptively concerned about the well being of this already brutalized little animal as both me and it are lured into a false sense of security because this is ANIME and ANIME is NEVER nice to cute little animals- especially defenseless ones.

World has a giant hole in it
The deeper you go in the hole, the worst the effects it has on you when you try to come out
Robot shota and his loli guide fall in the hole trying to discover secrets and candy or some shit
Exploration and suffering ensues

What is this all from?

Pretty certain that used to be a human girl, and her new form is one of non-stop agony.

Made in Abyss
Etrian Odyssey: The Manga

Ah, thanks.

>Dog

smug/10

childhood trauma/1000

cooking/-100000

Bretty gud tough honestly I can see where people come from when calling it edgy

I think from a Veeky Forums perspective it's very worth watching, gives you tons of dungeoneering ideas and does the whole "adventuring society" more than decently.

>Happy that severely abused puppy is on a nice, soft, mattress, surrounded by toys and being taken good care of by people who love it.
>Or
>Preemptively concerned about the well being of this already brutalized little animal as both me and it are lured into a false sense of security because this is ANIME and ANIME is NEVER nice to cute little animals- especially defenseless ones.

Play?

Its from the last (probably, second season isn't super likely) episode of Made in Abyss.

Super duper spoilers: Thats a girl. A dude was doing science experiments into the fucked up magical bullshit of the setting, and since most people died from it or lost their humanity he bought a bunch of orphans in bulk and subjected them to it one at a time to get a proper sample size and observe the effects of different conditions and shit.
Mitty was a good girl. A girl who chose to take a double dose of the curse so her friend would survive, and strong enough that it didn't kill her in the process. She wanted to be an explorer when she grew up.
Instead, she ended up as that thing, her mind just as twisted and useless as her body, but still alive and capable of feeling fear and pain. Whats worse, her new body regenerates. Attempts to kill her failed, and the only side effect was the parts she grew back were even more misshapen than before.
The picture that started all this is after they finally find a weapon that just utterly destroys things in its path and leaves nothing behind. Something that can end Mitty's suffering, so she doesn't live like this forever.
So they gather up all of her toys and favorite things, you see...

Smited and dead.

>So they gather up all of her toys and favorite things, you see...
oh.

Its even more gutwrenching to watch then it sounds.

I figure. It's just, for some reason that line/implication really hurts.
Like obviously she doesn't 'know' what's going on. But the people doing that for her do. This sounds like some nier/drakengard level suffering for those involved.

In the furfag game I'm in, pangolin don't naturally have scales. They have dermal metal implants that are added to over their life as they grow. The quality of metal is determined by their caste.

I thought that was neat.

Badgers are best girls

Made in abyss isn't a happy story.

She's a human child who was mutated into a mindless, unkillable glob of flesh. Her best friend cared for her for years, hand making all those toys, until she finally found someone who can kill her friend and set her free. That scene is the bed she laid out for her friend, putting her on a big soft bed with a cute mobile above her and surrounded by all her toys, just before she was vaporized by a robot laser to finally free her from her prison of flesh.

The worst part is when the laser is fired at her she just sits there, mindlessly gnawing on one of her toys
And once it's over, all thats left is a burning crater. The other girl, Mitty's friend, breaks down into a sobbing mess, calling Mitty her treasure.

Well, at least she can die unlike other people. If she had a mind she should be glad that something could kill her.

Funny you mention it. Another character was out cold during the scene due to previous events that forced her to recoup from horribly injuries, and she mentions while she was asleep, she dreamt of being stuck in a tight, tiny prison of flesh, with only a single hole to see out of, and on the other side of the hole was another girls eye, staring back, full of fear, and pain, and agony. So she would lean in close to the other girl, telling her 'It's okay" And then suddenly, the other girl was gone, and all she could smell was a burning smell, and then she could see the other girl, staring out into the distant darkness, before walking off, free of her own prison of flesh.

Wait, did the fucking elevens not like this? Goddammit.

>she doesn't know

I wouldn't be that sure actually. I'm not sure how Nanachi was so certain of many things regarding Mitty, one worse than the other.

Crustacenids a best

Well the chapters release super slow, and theres not really enough material for a second season right now. So unless the author starts pumping out new chapters at a faster rate, there isn't likely to be a second season any time soon.

Was rabbit face okay with the idea in the first place or what?

what is this?

She was the one who requested it.

Fookin' prawns

Just because you know it has to be done, even if it was your idea, doesn't make it easy.

Have you never had to make the choice to put down an animal now, because its only going to get worse from here and letting the animal die naturally just means days or weeks of slow suffering with no hope of recovery? That shits hard, especially if the animal seems 'almost okay' now, and its a beloved pet that trusts you completely.

You do what you have to do. You make it as comfortable a passing as possible. And when its done, you cry like a fucking bitch.

Brb, gonna ask Reg to terminate me as well

because they don't give a shit. they'll fuck your day up.

instead of being insatiable sluts they just want head pats and praise.

Gosh if only there was a good way to see the name of a file

I like the idea of beast races that are mostly of a monster girl variety, but are nature worshippers whose religions allows them to shapeshift into were- versions of their race. Typical cat girl? Can turn herself into a tiger if you piss her off.

>This sounds like some nier/drakengard level suffering for those involved.
It really is. Her only friend in the world who likewise was only ever befriended by Mitty became an inhuman bunny girl type thing that abducted people who found themselves dying in the abyss and experimented on them in order to try and find a way to kill Mitty for good, as that had become her only goal in life. She accidentally became an expert on medicines, poisons, and general human anatomy just by trying to kill her best friend so many times.

Another fun little tidbit is when the protagonists end up at her place she serves one of them technically edible but disgusting sludge and her response when asked how she could stomach such food was a shrug and a simple but mildly flustered "I don't know what good food tastes like."

Last I heard they were gonna take a season or two break to build up more material for a second season, but that might have been just speculation.

So, lamer versions of the Ctarl-Ctarl.

Currently the Blu Rays are in the upswing in sales Alternatively, the series only started to gain steam in the west after Reg and Riko's play date with Tama-chan!

youtube.com/watch?v=T_jgBbCsdeU

Also the OST is filled with FANTASTIC music you can steal for your campaigns

>I don't know what good food tastes like.
She gets to eat good food, right?

After the comatose girl she was treating wakes up, yes.
It causes her to wordlessly scarf down the whole plate while tears streak down her face.

youtube.com/watch?v=CZS01XzwUQo

I only have this to contribute

Beastfolk were first created by the wizard Gargamel for his personal magical realm, by turning normal animals into attractive human-like forms with a human-level intelligence, but with the more efficient musculature of animals so they can assist in manual labor around his tower. Following his publications, multiple parties took interest, for better or worse. The dwarves, struggling with an overpopulation of domestic animals and cats in particular, coupled with their own low population and lack of surface agriculture compared to other races were eager to use it in their compounds and fortresses to turn the excess felines into a military and agricultural force. The United Ogre States' shadow government saw this as a good method to raise the ogres' intelligence and stop the nation from disintegrating, and thus making it capable of self-sustaining industry and external warfare. The high elves saw the potential threat of the dwarves and ogres and viewed the endeavor as a disgrace to magic and thus sought to stop the experiments. A similar goal was pursued by the wood elves and the druids and priests of the pagan humans of the forest Gargamel lived in who saw his work as a perversion of nature and perversion in general, and farmer Jenkins whose cow was stolen and experimented on. Unfortunately, Gargamel was slain for his money and magic items by three homeless vagrants before he finished the, and interested parties now seek his apprentices, notes and the bums either to secure and reconstruct the recipe or ensure it is gone for good.

Muscular, with cloven hooves and an appetite for flesh

why does that sound familiar

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Beastly. As long as they're beastly enough like pic related it's ok at my table. I won't have that anime style crap though. Taking a human and slapping some cat ears on it is not beastfolk. It's half-assed and shameful.

WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT ANIME AND PUPPIES?

I agree with you, user.

Never heard about the manga but OP's pic is creepy and screams loli.

I mean, it is.
It's a manga/anime about exploring a giant dungeon and the suffering of children. It's pretty good though.

That and the Disney themed animals you always see with furries.

You are not entirely wrong. The worldbuilding is sweet and the exploration is handled well and when the story gets brutal it gets fucking brutal... but for 12 year old MCs there are entirely too many jokes about a young boys penis or allusions to being strung up naked as a form of punishment. The story would be better off without it, because all it does is make it awkward to recommend to people.

>Rok-Tok!

Just anthro enough to trigger disruptive players, so I can kick them preemptively. If there's different fluff I had in mind, I'll bring it out after that is done.

You probably don't remember yourself at that age.

Smug and lewd abyssal creatures

>that fucking tail
Way too high. Immersion broken.

Tails are spine, not excessive ass hair.

for me, it depends on how they came to be and in what way they integrate into the setting.

For most sapient (at a somewhat human level) beings i prefer to use a humanlike head and face shape, as it obviously is better suited for housing a similiar kind of brain and allow for higher communicative capabilities. Actual magical beings like uplifted / awakened animals, dragons and spirits would not be bound by such things though.

most of the time I design beast people more like modified humans, similiar to OP's pic

7 STR
12 DEX
7 VIT
15 PER
16 CHA
13 INT
12 WIS

Fun fact: Nanachi hides an impressive red rocket inside those baggy pants

I keep seeing this and it looks adorable as fuck. What is it?

how do you think would a nanachi hunt its prey?

I know, and that's the problem. That "tail" is sprouting far enough above the coccyx that either his spine bifurcates for no good reason or his pelvis isn't actually attached to his spine.