Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Cheese Edition

>AM Codex Preview
youtube.com/watch?v=_8-bVavjVBs&t=

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc
youtu.be/jGKNaIXtBZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lNeQ1B5zpOw
youtube.com/watch?v=kupJvaOarDo
youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8vJ_lMxQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What models did you fags paint today?

First for the Siege Master

What have you converted lately?

SLOW AND BITTER

Funny you should ask. I literally posted this right before this thread popped up. It's as finished as I'm willing to make a 13pt model right now, and I'm very pleased with the scheme.

YOU RUINED MY FIRST FOR THE SIEGE MASTER!!!

*screams in iron*

1. wude
2. didn't get to paint anything today unfortuantly because im setting up for a party but these past 2 days I've been batch painting 24 Ork boys, got their leather clothing down (base, wash, and drybrush) and got the base coat of the skin done.

It looks quite good. Good job.

The white marking on the helmet are cool (actually all the freehands are cool).

Do you know how I recognized you as Perturabo? You failed like a bitch again.

backpack seems a bit left out. otherwise cool

Fuck. I ask to join the ranks of the Iron Warriors to account for my failure at a task as basic as linking the proper post.

Loyalists failing at trying to defeat me as always...

Nth for Magnus did everything wrong.

Paintin my IG infantry. With some heavy weapons teams I can get up to 300 points

>Wanting brittle, carcinogenic, poorly detailed recasts.

So, My local GW store manager has challenge armies, One of them, created before we knew anything about 8th, Contains a Doomhammer, 2 chimeras, 4 sentinels, and enough lascannon heavy weapon squads to fill the Doomhammer. In addition, a Reaver titan, armed with the Plasma Blastgun, Reaver melta cannon, and the Apocalypse missile bank.

The challenge armies are made using PowerLevel. This army end up at 155PL.

How would you tackle this list with models you own?

Yeah, that's why "buying FW" in the virgin part.

Nah, Morty and your other treacherous brothers do it for us.

>models held together by pussy plastic-dissolving chemicals
>plastic-dissolving chemicals
i've never ever in all my years of playing 40k understood why people do this

I honestly don't think I can, and I play guard.

Son of a bitch.

>yfw you realize your brothers don't care about your dreams

So, My local GW store manager has challenge armies, One of them, created before we knew anything about 8th, Contains a Doomhammer, 2 chimeras, 4 sentinels, and enough lascannon heavy weapon squads to fill the Doomhammer. In addition, a Reaver titan, armed with the Plasma Blastgun, Reaver melta cannon, and the Reaver Volcano Cannon.

The challenge armies are made using PowerLevel. This army end up at 155PL.

How would you tackle this list with models you own?

The photo was from a game at Warhammer world, giant apoc game in July.

As opposed to wanting brittle, carcinogenic, poorly detailed originals.

It bonds better than cyano.

Because super glue is for poor fags.

super glue is expensive

I want to paint a corrupted Space Marine. Any tips?

Paint app says that you do Ultramarines with blue, nuln oil and lighter blue highlights. I was thinking I could do it with Agrax instead, and green highlights instead of lighter blue. But what shade of green? Or maybe another colour?

>be me
>beating mortarion stinky ass
>death guard marines start throwing their own excrements to my astartes and titans
>they start failing because of radioactive craps
>have to do a tactical relocation of my legion
>people refer it as a "lose"

YOU FAGGOTS STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHY I AM BITTER ALL THE FUCKING DAY

Once I get my Tigershark and brace of Ta'unar for a total of 4 I can do it.

These Challenge Armies sound more like Forgeworld marketing fronts if anything

>le whatx.png poster

This is the biggest challenge army, and one of only 2 (of 10) that contain Forgeworld

is that Baron Harkonnen?

a dollar a tube.
>expensive.

There is no implication at all that Mortarion was losing other than an offhand comment that the fight was tough at the end.

Face it, Iron Warriors are the NPCs of Chaos.

?

anyone got that gif / webm of Fabulous Bill punching a titan / knight through a roof?

PLS help

non-plastic dissolving ceramic/metal/whatever glue is over 8 dollars for 5 grams here

And the ablative drone horde

Forcing people to buy FW to complete them also counts.
Like the real life equivalent of video game microtransactions

The real question isn't if he did something wrong, it's has he ever done anything right?

Why are the iron warriors ships so cool while the imperial crisps ones look like fat and slowly?

>air resistance in space

I'll get to it. One step at a time. Right now, I just want paint on dudes. Most of my dudes have been paintless too long.

Thanks!

Where's that stalk-tank from?

> Overcompensation

Because you have an acute case of shit tastes.

pretty much. He's meant to be a navigator who's fallen to chaos.

It's a converted warmachine mini

I mean this guy is the most badass fucker in the galaxy(also he looks like a true siege master,unlike some giant albino prick in yellow armor)

Paint eight-pointed stars on em.

So now that the IG codex leaks are out, everyone else is feeling like a fat friend eh?

>metric system
Another reason the english system is better.

>"wow look how many green points are in the air,i wish i know what do they represent"

>sergeant manlet

CSM kit just go

She looks like a figure 8

teehee.

Havent touched the game in a year or so. Are there new IG sculpts? If not im just gonna dust the Eldar back off.

Hey look, the potato built a fortress of potatoes

#NotMyPraetorianOfTerra

I recall promising you all a batrep of sorts from like, Tuesday or Wednesday.

I threw my 10 eversors into a fight with one of the guard players at my flgs today. 1400 and change vs 1400 and change. I called the match at the end of turn 3, as the game had become boring and unfun. It didn't help that at the bottom of turn 2 he stopped rolling well at all, and I seemed to be unable to roll less than a 4.
The game just wasn't interesting. Managing every individual assassin stops being entertaining and becomes a pain and slows the game down too much. I don't think I'll be taking them in that large a group in a casual game again. if I could actually make them a squad it would be more fun
Dreadnoughts and assassins vs infantry guard. It took a bit of time to get into combat but naturally I slaughtered everything I got into assault with. He killed my company champion turn one which made me a little sad, since I like that model so much but it never does anything.

So here was deployment. Fighting DE for Retrieval, Vanguard deployment. I sent the wasps in to those vipers up ahead, and went up against that big bunker with the wraiths. Moved into the trench with the immortals

Can anyone tell me more about this?

Someone call the local necromancer, a skeleton escaped.

>has a fucking katana

That's not the sgt. All my sgts have silly bat helmets. The actual CSM models are a separate squad, and the MKIV models are another. Yes, that means I haven't painted any of my sgts yet.

you try turning that armored phallus

The arcade cab in the back tells me the Dark Eldar lost.

Centipeens came up and popped the Viper in back holding his archons; one died in the wreckage. Eventually also popped a ravager and killed a jetbike squad. Everything else basically went downhill after that. He smartly focused my wasps and then the centipeens on his backfield. Had to concede after my turn 4 failed to bring a single immortal back from reanimation, with only that squad left and the doomsday with overlord and scarabs

The game was actually pretty good for the time. I recall there being some ship boarding actions and cutscenes that were actually really cool.

First miniature with a Rail Rifle, I think.

He's Champion of Khorne (and therefore non-canon by modern interpretation of the lore).

it's not much but it's something

Your army have a 'theme tune'?

Didn't realize the other threqd was dead so repost
Help someone who doesn't know Guard very well but likes them and flamers. Would a Vanguard of Catachan so weapon teams be a useful slot in? I have a chance to get a deal on two damaged infantry boxes for them.

Of course. We do everything in style.
youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc

Painting up some Admech today. Whatcha peeps think of the purple and gold?
Rules wise I’m running them as Lucius, purple and gold is fancy, so of course the rules for fancy stuff.

I just mixed up a bit of green stuff to work on my current project. Without any further information on what I'm making, can you guess how much green stuff I mixed up?

I meant Wrap Artefacts. From what I gather they use to sell 40k stuff and were consolidated into BL.

Yep:

youtu.be/jGKNaIXtBZQ

Rest of army

Too much and now you're wondering what to do with the GS snowman sitting in the middle of your workspace.

Those look badass, user. Very patrician (in the Roman sense of the word).

01011001 01100101 01110011
youtube.com/watch?v=lNeQ1B5zpOw

Half a tube?

>not the mcdonalds theme tune

Whenever I hear this song I think of my guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=kupJvaOarDo

Damn, pimp as fuck man. Really love the colors.

>I'm not lovin it

On the whole, they look really good but your plasma needs something. It just looks like a solid block of color right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8vJ_lMxQI
that's the joke

They look so good I've entirely given up on my Admech and are currently selling them on ebay, since I was gonna do a similar color scheme.

>was actually pretty good for the time
It really wasn't, it may have been one of the more decent shooters on the Playstation at the time, but that was solely because the console lacked any good shooters back then. It was utter garbage otherwise, and I was a fan of Tau even back then when it came out.