/swg/

Previous Thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega:#F!blI01Jga!6uL6fLHF2rJFKDN57E14WQ!69Z3HZzT

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_hovertrain
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So am I crazy, or are there no rules for crafting armor in Special Modifications? I've read through the crafting section like 4 times and don't see them.

Less CGI than TFA at least.

I think armor crafting is in one of the F&D books

Isn't that pozole?

So /swg/ someone today was running a list that went like this:
>Sabine Wren in the Shadow caster with two hits of Glitterstim and Dengar
>Bossk YV with Boba, Jabba, Mangler, and GS

And we came to the conclusion this was set at a time before Sabine joined the Rebels crew and that she used to hang around with Ketsu in the back of the Shadow Caster getting high off their minds and other things and Jabba was there with Bossk, Dengar, and Boba to do a deal with them

Honestly I can buy into Sabine being a drug addicted troubled teen in her time before Rebels

Its in the Guardian book (Keeping the Peace)

FFG now has 2 tiers of "design a card" prizes at events- Create a card either for a chatacter or a mechanic (Lando, Boba, Stay on Target and Boshek were examples of this) for winning Worlds and choosing which card will recieve an alt art promo for Continentals and maybe nationals (unsure on that).

Based Chumbalaya has already won the Coruscant invitational and has promised us Trioculus.

Who are other meme-worthy characters that should be strived for?

What cards should we try to get an alt-art made for?

For new characters:
Skippy
Lieutenant Kettch
Jaxxon
Wraith Squadron
Stackpole Rogue Squadron
Tag and Bink
Raith Sienar crew card

If I wanna play a minis game but don't have the time or funds to commit to 40k, how's FFG Xwing?

Pretty good? It really depends on what type of game you want to play, what you want the game to be good at.

Do you know what your local scene is like? What type of game are you looking for?

I know there's at least one FLGS near me that has a couple X-Wing nights, although I'm new to the area so don't know the scene well. I mostly just haven't played a minis game in too long and want one that's relatively easy to get into. Can you play something fun and competitive in a casual setting for, like, less than a hundo?

especially with proxying upgrade cards, yeah.

There should be a new Errata this week, which will hopefully put the clamp on the bombz-and-turrets meta that we are currently seeing.

The cheapest MSRP list that i'm seeing to be top-tier competitive is $60 for all expansions and cards, while if you can proxy cards, you can make a couple for $35. If you need exact copies of cards for some lists, it can get expensive.

X-wing currently works great as a casual game.

Are there any ships, pilots, or factions that currently interest you in particular?

In armada, I'm looking at adding some Rogue fighters to do a bit of guidance-free screening and fill out points. Should I go with YT-2400s, or Lancers? The Lancers are able to go on the offensive against ships pretty well and are harder to tie down, but the YTs have better anti-squadron and 50% more HP.

Oh, that's way less than I expected. Okay, that's really good news, I'll check out the FLGS and see what the scene is like.

I've been a New Hope-era Rebel babby forever so that's probably what I'd wanna do, although I really enjoyed the old TIE Fighter games so that's appealing too.

So which ships look cool to you? I could help you make a squad.

I have a crush on Y-Wings because all they seem to do is suffer and die in the movies, and I love all the Trench Run pilots - are they accessible/at all competitive or only good for casual?

I'm playing a cyborg Jedi in a EotE game and we just got ourselves a good sum of credits by disguising him as a gladiator droid and having him fight in the pits of Nar Shaddaa. Right before this we had a run in with an Inquisitor that my padawan and I barely escaped from and now he's probably gonna hunt us down.

My question is what are some ideas for enhancements that would make me the perfect Inquisitor buster?

I want Noa Briqualon.

Y-Wings with Twin-Linked Turrets have been popular workhorses.

Y-wings pretty much operate on the assumption that they will suffer and die, but there are enough decent upgrades for them that let them reliably accomplish something while that's happening which is more than you can usually say for X-wings, A-wings and B-wings.

Mainly Imperial player here

If you really loved TIE Fighter, you’ll love the TIE Defender. It’s just as crazy fun to fly in X-Wing as you remember it being on PC. Imperial Vets plus a regular Defender expansion will run you $45, and you can round out your list with either TIEs from the core set or the Bomber in Imp Vets.

Flamer thrower in your arm or, if you want to get them while saber locked, in your face.

Go with the YTs, losing bomber doesn't hurt as much as the weaker hull and anti-squad hurt the lancer.

Y-Wing stresshog/TLT carries are still decently viable.

In what way do you want to run Y-wings?

You can run them as turret carriers (run away and kite), support pieces (flying in formation with other ships), or ordinance carriers(in formation with mostly other Y-wings and a few other ships to support them).

Im running a EoTE game and I plan on having my players continuously ambushed by a gang of mercenaries/bounties hunters sent after them by a Criminal syndicate theyve pissed off.

Im planning on it being a group like the Gand or Zhug Brothers, and I need some suggestions for a good Alien species for the role. Something that can be interesting but still be threatening.
Also it would be best if its not the usual Hutt goons like the Nikto, Klantoonian or Vodran, as this isnt a Hutt cartel they are dealing with.

Someone suggested a cabal of Kubaz bounty hunters but im not really convinced theyd be very threatening.

Kel Dor hunters?

Thats Plo Koons species right? The burn victim looking guys?

Gungan crime syndicate led by an incredibly muscular bossgung, and who take cues from the Galactic Battlegrounds Gungans rather than the stereotypical Jar Jar image. Everyone always underestimates Gungans.

this a grand boss idea
no one expects Gungans to be dangerous or intelligent or even just well armed

but remember that these guys were the race of savages that frightened the sensibilities of the more advanced Naboo Humans.
make em savage, brutal and ruthless

It could work, I suppose, but weve generally ha d a rule of "no gungans" to avoid arguments, would be hesitant to break it for the this game

It IS a neat idea to subvert the usual depiction of them.

To be fair, Gungans can turn out to be very tough targets when played seriously and intelligently given their heavy use of shield tech and love of grenades. If Galactic Battlegrounds is any indication, then a properly trained Gungan infantryman with all the bells and whistles is basically a bipedal automatic grenade launcher.

In my AoR game the PCs got the shit job of disrupting the Empire subjugation of Naboo. They ended up creating what i can only describe as Gungan Vietcong with a dash of Human resistance ISIS.

>draw stormies out from the cities with hit n' run tactics, VBIEDs and the gungan equivalent of Camelbombs
>lure them into swamps
>right into punji sticks, IEDs, booma grenade traps and similar stuff
>slingers cut down larger patrols from camouflaged tunnels and trenches
>loot everything, cut up the bodies and feed to local wildlife
>patrols just vanishes without trace

These are some very good points.

I could have these guys be a remnant of a Gungan Vietcongesque resistance that still got, more or less, pummeled into submission or at least into permanent hiding.

Now these guys, unable to make a living within the Empire proper, use their hard learned skills of violence to make bank as a criminal cartel.

If you really want to be a dick, you could also have the Gungans hunker down, fortify a position, and set up a phalanx and some SAMs behind multiple, overlapping fambaa-mounted shields. For extra dickery, the Gungans could have a spare fambaa or two in reserve to rotate into the formation whenever the ones up front need to recharge.

Did the empire ever make use of war trains/trains in general? and are there images of them?

I'm planning some ground work for a possible AoR oneshot and just want to do some research.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_hovertrain

perfect, thanks user

I am absolutely stealing Gungan Vietcong for my next game.

Jar Jar will be Naboo's Diem.

Last session, my players had forced a band of ~8 pirates to surrender in an asteroid cave system. I want to start the next session by having the Empire showing up and forcing the players and pirates to band together.

My question is this: how many Stormtroopers and Sergeants do I need to throw at a team of 8 pirates (7 minions and 1 rival) and 5 PCs (one shooty, one smashy, the rest of middling combat skill) to make it a fight the players will want to run from?

Baseline ImpArmy troops were sort of smallfry when they encountered them, I want Stormies to be terrifying, so I'm willing to go all-out tactics wise; light repeaters, an E-Web team, grenade launchers, maybe a missile launcher.

Make it a meat grinder; Hit 'em with 1-2 squads of stormies, but replace the squads with new ones after they drop until the the PCs & pirates accomplish whatever their goal for the encounter is.

Hey, are there stats for the T4-B tank anywhere? homebrew or otherwise?

I think the better way to pressure players to run is to make it clear that heavy ordinance will be used against them if they say. A bomber wing is preparing to strafe the place they parked the ship. A destroyer might bombard the entrance to the cave.

but make it clear that there is a small amount of time before these events occur, so the players can just choose to not be there when it all happens.

throwing more bodies at a party tends to make them think you just want to have an extra

I'd go 2:1 starting with an arbitrary stream of reinforcements pouring in. Make it clear they're outclassed and outmanned, but not overwhelmingly so.

I can't recommend breaking out the heavy blast guns, that's how you get PCs dropping and the rest of the team deciding it's time to make a last stand.. Though, having some stormies machinegun down half a dozen pirates on their first attack will strike the fear of god into the PCs if they have any sense.

100. That's enough, especially with better equipment and tactics, to make your players prefer running the hell away. 50-75 if you want something way more manageable, and up it to a 150 if you want to make almost completely required to run away.

I think I'll combine these. Players get a message over ship comms from an Imp cruiser parked outside, demanding they surrender and turn over the stolen intel (why they're there in the first place), shortly followed by a Lamda shuttle landing in the cave where their ships are parked and two squads of stormies coming out.

If the PCs decide to stand and fight, another squad will come out and start setting up an E-Web, eventually more dropships will come. The Imperials can't just blow everything up because they need the intel, but I can maybe try to have the officer in charge try to bluff them out.

I'm a new x wing player so sorry for the (probably) basic question, but why are interceptors so rare? Are they bad ships?

They're fragile. Can't take hits well.

The thing is that wouldn't be a problem with their high agility, dial, and action bar; however the game has grown to have a lot of autodamage and it tears through Interceptors like they were made of wet paper

That's a bummer to hear, they looked like fun ships to fly. Thanks for the explanation

They used to be OK, but they crumble to autodamage like bombs. If your local meta has no bomb cancer, you can still make them work.

Bomb nerf when FFG?

I'm guessing auto means purely dice based no maneuvering?

Nope. It means automatic.No dice, no dodge.

Hey /swg, if I wanted to start playing a Star Wars rpg that could handle either Jedi/force sorcerer types but also has the chance to be a lower-personal power game, where would you recommend I start?
Would Force & Destiny alone let me do this (and maybe run giant robot fights too)?

Jedi are more powerful than non-jedi, but at starting exp everybody's fairly mediocre unless they're hyper-specialized. In which case they're not trash at one thing and double plusbad trash at the rest.

I did it. I finally killed a Marauder PC. As DM, I have been very openly and deliberately trying to kill this asshole for months. Stormtrooper platoons got massacred, cloned Massassi brutes would get one-shot, a thermal detonator suicide bomber brought him down to 2, he survived his OWN suicide bombing just before, dropping him on Yinchorr and swarming him with Royal Guard trainees resulted in a slaughter. What finally took was surprising the PCs with the Battle of Hoth, where I threw 30 Snowtroopers, 2 AT-STs, and a blizzard at them for good measure. All of the Snowtroopers were dead, one AT-ST was knocked over, and the only surviving gunner of the other one barely managed to restore systems in time to get a lucky shot with the chin cannon AFTER a Despair result knocked him off the thing while prying off the hatch.

Fuck. Marauders.

...I killed my teams Marauder via drowning after I trapped him in a trash compactor.

What's the best Force and Destiny class to drop into a party of normies? This is a player I trust, so he won't ruin the party just by being an F&D character.

I'm thinking mystic or consular. Something that doesn't need a lightsaber to be useful.

I'm unclear, is he trying to hide his Jedi-ness from the other PCs?

2 questions for x wing players
first, for the spanish ones
you guys know any page i can get the expansion packs from? usually i get them from fnac but they lack most if not all the early waves expansion packs

second, to all players
should i go for the "guns for hire", "heroes of the resistnace" or the "ghost" expansion pack?
what is the overall most "enjoyable" or "better" option?
im trying to build all the factions evenly, so that doesnt affect much my decision

Trandoshan, Ubese, Ganks

Would someone mind giving me a more honest version of what's possible with each of the books? I get that F&D lets you do Jedi and stuff, but I can't seem to understand quite what the limitations are for each book.
If you wouldn't mind, I'd also like to know what splat or whatever you like to call the extra books are considered best/necessary to do fun stuff.

Trandoshan - could be decent Bounty hunters, but besides a slaver ring they dont strike me as the criminal cartel sort
Ubese - Ubese not much on them outside of being xenophobic and wearing environmental suits, like discount Mandos
Ganks - another Hutt species, even if they arent on the leash the same way some of the others are

AoR - Best for mission by mission military games, its not to far from EoTE in all honesty but relies less on freedom of movement

EoTE - You have a ship, you have a crew, get into trouble and make money. Still a lot like AoR, but the players are meant to be more independent.

F&D - Youre all force users, you get into fights with other force users. Thats the game.
Ive not seen this mix well with the others and nothing short of an army or another guy with force powers is really a threat outside of the initial encounters.

Thanks user, that helps a lot.

Sup /swg/
Are there any good resources out there for making nice-looking homebrew stuff? Fonts, templates, art, you name it. I'm trying to ply my hand at putting together decent-looking PDFs for my home-game.

F&D characters and Force powers in my experience tend to be very XP-hungry. A Jedi PC can dedicate his time and XP to becoming a combat monster but meanwhile, non-Jedi PCs have an easier time broadening their skill sets to become more versatile. You can punch stormtroopers all day, but you'll still need a pilot, a slicer, a medic, etc. And if your GM is designing his encounters properly, using combined-arms tactics, and not sprinkling battlefields with large-silhouette scenery to throw around, then even Jedi will need backup in a fight.

What is fun to fly for you? Fly and buy that.

what do you already own?

Quarren, Karkarodons, devorians, or Gotals could work

You asked for mercenaries, I gave you mercenaries. Plus, consider that not every group needs to 100% for their racial stereotype.

I specified not the usual Hutt goons, Gank are unfortunately one of them as they would be otherwise fun and i may use them later in the campaign.

Ubese still seem boring and Trandoshans dont have the character for what I want. I do appreciate the suggestions, they just dont fit is what i was saying.

So I want my party's rival (an Imperial Intelligence agent) to roll in a smaller ship for the time being, but I also want him to have a handful of combined TIE fighters at his disposal.

I was originally thinking of a Vigil-class corvette, but if I were to install a retrofitted hangar-bay it would be able to fit a single fighter. I was hoping to have in the neighbourhood of 4-6 fighters and a TIE/br or two. Should I just handwave it and say that there's some sort of external docking system, or should I just find a bigger ship?

Improvised external docking system works. You could do what the Wraiths did to Night Caller and explain that the escape pods were swapped out for TIE Fighters.

Anybody have any advice on how to fly the Houndstooth? Also, suggestions for good ships to fly with it would be really appreciated

That's an idea. I also see it has, on top of its crew of 200, passenger capacity for 200. I imagine that the Agent could have probably had a lot of the passenger/cargo space replaced with a small hangar.

How about a bunch of these guys?

Not much
Episode vii basic box
A wing
Z95
Arc 170
U wing
Mist Hunter
Scurgg h6
Tie defender

didnt notice these

Gotals could be interesting, but i dont know anything about them or how to make them work

Karkodons would be great if I threw them on a water or swamp planet

how would that even work?

RZ-2!

Looks pretty much the same, except the engines look smaller

>max speed in atmosphere
>1350 kmph
Haaahahahahahaha oh man that's so slow

Its the TIE/FO all over again.

Still, A-Waifu Pilot has potential. until she crashes into the Mega Star Destroyer because muh pottery

>Looks almost exactly like old A-wings
>Only 50 more kph and 100 more G than the Legends RZ-1
What the fuck has the Nu Republic been doing these past 30 years?

>The New Republic cut production of RZ-2 A-wings to a minimum during it's demilitarization efforts.

Reduction in output quantity doesn't excuse the lack of improvement in starfighter quality.

>Legends New Republic
Okay, we don't want to become a new version of the Empire, but we've got rogue warlords, criminal empires and xenophobic aliens so we need SOMETHING if we want to maintain a legitimate government. Let's modernize the navy from a guerrilla fleet to something that can give as good as it gets and still stay mobile.

>Nu Republic
The Empire's gone forever now that the craziest members have fucked off to the Unknown Regions and they'll never bother anyone ever again. Pirates? Hutts? What are those? War Bad. Peace Gud.

>7.6 m

Shit is smaller than the Delta-7 and can do everything a Rebel modified A-wing can plus a bit more.

I mean, similar to the TIE/FO that level of miniaturization is pretty significant. Canonically ROTJ-era A-Wings are basically hot-rodded models, where non-vital components (like armor, possibly shields and heavier weapons) were stripped out to give it more speed. The RZ-2 seems to retain being fast as fuck and still has space for ordnance, jammers, shields etc people expect of A-Wings.

So, RZ-2 A-Wing for XWM announcement when? Give them a free title or mod to assign one of those newfangled Jam tokens

There's already a defense force for pirates and stuff. The NU also trained planets to defend themselves as well.

>an A-wing that can jam
Oh sweet lord give me this

The only things an A-wing needs to do are go fast and shoot things. The RZ-2 is barely better at the first thing and merely equal at the second thing. I could see the RZ-2 being good shortly after Endor but the OT-ST time skip is bigger than the PT-OT time skip. In the latter, we saw the disappearance of the hyperdrive ring, the Eta-2's evolution into the TIE series, the Z-95's evolution into the X-wing, etc. By this point in Legends' timeline, the NR had mostly unfucked the E-wing and started fielding StealthXs. Compared to the technological progression in Legends' post-Endor timeline, the RZ-2 is pretty damn disappointing. Hell, compared to real life's progression of aircraft, it's sad.

>TLJ confirmed for literally opening hoth-style

Just take it out back and Ol' Yeller it already, fucking christ

I think people appreciate 30 years of peace over a weekly shit show. This type of stuff matches up with the prequels and the politics introduced there.

Compared to real life aircraft it's sad.
The only thing it has going for it is speed, and it's barely supersonic.

>Phoenix squadron pilots dying

Check off the bingo card boys!

It's more like the evacuation of Yavin than Hoth.

>>Legends New Republic pt 2

It's been decades now, and within two minutes of signing a peace treaty with the Empire after 30 years of long war, fought off warlords, and several of Luke Skywalker's Jedi packing superweapons, we are now under attack from an extra-galactic threat. Let's rename ourselves, and put a Sith Lord in charge. Ok, that didn't work, let's put Admiral Daala in charage.

>>Nu Republic pt 2

I'm so glad we could be so progressive and democratic. Those First Order terrorists are nothing to worry about. Hey, is it getting brighter outsi-----