Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

No more fucking squigs edition
>AM Codex Preview
youtube.com/watch?v=_8-bVavjVBs&t= [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ecB6Eh7f3l8?t=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for nothing

POST WHAT YOU'VE WORKED ON TODAY NIGGERS
I DID A RUSS AND MANTICORE AFTER LITERAL YEARS OF NOT TOUCHING THEM
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU FAGS DO?

3rd for a unified Custodian codex written by FW.

>WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU FAGS DO
biked a few miles and back.

I claim this thread for the Omnissiah!

I took my girlfriend to the aquarium then made tender love to her in our bed before shopping for a start of her necron army online.

I won two games.

Any guard fags paint their russes/ vehicles a different color than their fatigues/ flak?

Meet Engiseer Nathaniel, a recent inductee into my Explorator fleet's command; he was the best mechanic aboard a small Cadian Refugee fleet that my fleet absorbed.

>posted last thread
I won my week's narrative matchup VS AdMech with my DE today, but after I finish cutting up this foam I'll get to work on pic related. Sidenote, I can't for the life of me figure out how to thin metallic paints so that they don't end up clumping up the paintjob. I was thinking the paper towel I use to wipe off excess paint would deposit bits of fuzz into my brush and then I'd unknowingly paint it into my stuff.

Infantry. Ten men, ten guns.

I don't bother photographing them, but I do bother painting them.

It's the difference between Guardbro and a Guardfag, is his rifles. If they're painted, shaded, and highlighted, you have a man who loves his army.

why is the redemptor so awful?
I had such high hopes for it.

Sternguard with a little librarian in an assback?

I got the Deathguard codex today, and jesus christ does it look like the Terminators will be frustrating to kill.

How many different saves does one unit need.

I dunno, I kinda like it. Having actual knees tweaks my inner Mechanicus.

I can't highlight at all, but I do paint and shade my dudes

what were your experiences with it? I was hesitant to get one and field it with the plasma canon

Honestly the design's growing on me. Not that I can afford one at the moment anyways though.

What would your perfect IG codex have?

You must learn. You must treat your troopers with respect, now more than ever.

the current IG dex is everything I could have ever wanted and then some
all I want now are NEW FUCKING MODELS
AND BRING BACK ROUGH RIDERS AND OUR SPECIAL CHARACTERS, THEY'VE FUCKING SQUATTED ALMOST ALL OF THEM

Anyone got any interesting cultist conversions?

A full model range for the regiments that are actually interesting

I just don't know how user, do I need another type of Green? I can only get so many paints.

I like it a lot as-is. Just wish Sentinels were good.

Either cheaper, or able to fire without BS issues even if they weren't Tallarn. As-is they're the only unit I don't want to play at all.

STOP! Don't panic! Rough Riders are still valid, that's what the Index is for. You can play any model using the index rules if the codex says nothing on the matter.

>Redemptor
>Awful

Mine has been smushing demon princes like they're fucking bugs. What the fuck are you doing wrong?

This guy gets it would some plastic Mordians, Tallarns, or Steel Legion kill GW to make?

But what if they squat the indexes?

I have some of those chaos renegades torsos en route. Just need to find some good arms and legs.

One more bottle to highlight your green isn't going to kill you. And look at how much difference it makes!

Two questions if no one minds, that is:

Does anyone have the Farsight books in the epub format? I can't find them anywhere and I just checked the archive, but I may have overlooked them? Not sure. I don't think I did but I may have. Either way, are they available?

2nd:

I'm going to have disposable income since I will be employed within the next week and I'm debating what army I would like to waste my money on. I'm between Tau (most likely, in all honesty and I'm a fan of space weeaboos specifically the red and white coloured sept), Mechanicus, Space Marines (not sure which chapter as I'm torn between Smurfs and (for Chaos) Iron Warriors as I like both of their primarchs, though I also like Lorgar), and Tyranids (because biology/H.P. Lovecraft/cephalopods interest me). I guess theoretically since I won't be able to go to a Games Workshop that often I could just get whatever I wanted to paint and then build an army around that eventually which would also decrease potential burn out and would add variety. Not sure yet.

Thoughts?

More John Blanche

hitting on 4s when it moves means despite all the dakka it doesn't kill anything.

plasma with flamer is better if you run salamanders and keep a captain nearby

gatling is overrated.

the thing is so fat it just attracts all kinds of fire, which would be fine if it actually had any survivability.

its never earned it's points back.

Plastic steel legion.

They won't. When has GW made an entire book invalid within the edition in which it was released?

I've run both variants and both are pretty bad.

I helped my dad bring home some scrap metal for his metal shop and just had dinner with the folks.

Non-Forgeworld rules for traitor guardsmen

GSC have some good legs and arms, honestly the more human looking ones are not bad if you mix them with other things like a head on a cultist body.

but user. I suck at painting, I'm getting better, but my Guard are tabletop standard at best Doesn't help I can't hold my fucking hand still to get into tiny details

show us a pic user

Agreed I've run it in two games so far and it's failed to kill anything of merit

Shield of Sanguinius makes it reasonably survivable but it doesn't make it's points back

Silly robot man. Nids were here first.

aight hang on, give me a minute

One day brother one day the dark gods will smile upon us.

The Three Rules of guard painting.

1. One squad at a time.
2. One step at a time.
3. It's okay to strip and try again.

Brace your forearms or wrists against the table edge. I have insanely shaky hands and paint pretty decently. Most of it is just patience

Build your own regiment rules like 4th ed doctrines or the HH militia book .

>the thing is so fat it just attracts all kinds of fire, which would be fine if it actually had any survivability.

damn shame, i figured every army needs some sort of "hey i look like a giant threat focus fire me" unit

That's the same rules as painting gaunts. Except you forgot to make sure someone has synapse on the table or else those little buggers go everywhere.

>I can't hold my fucking hand still
NO ONE CAN! You don't hold your hand still, you REST IT ON THE TABLE!

Hold on. I will take a photo and show you.

every game I've had it in it ate shit by the end of turn 2.

I wouldn't even care if it wasn't 200pts.

Inb4 dildo on desk

I just started and I rest my elbows on my office chair arm rests and then connect my hands somehow. Even if its just two of my fingers it stabilizes shit enough.

LMFAO what the fuck is this shit

Make your own and save $15. It's more fun that way

because terminators look cooler, but I still want a viable all-comers list in a tight local meta

also, that way i can spend more time and effort on each individual model, because there's less of them

Drew Carey.

The one you wanna build
Paint the tau red for enclaves if it is tau

Same. None of the doctrines properly represent my disgruntled McDonalds employees.

I suck at taking pictures too, not enough light in this room.

Okay just put a bunch of stuff up on ebay. Hope it's not too weird to advertise here. Some Ork stuff and some Admech stuff.

ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=crovaxcloud&isRefine=true

If you are gonna use terminators you should be teleporting them in.

You'd better find a way to convert a burger grill on the back of your hellhounds/chimeras or something.

It's more expensive and worse than a Contemptor which has 3 fewer wounds but has WS/BS 2+ and a 5+ invulnerable, moves 1" further, and has better weapons. Also the Redemptor is the size of a house and hard to hide I've found in games fighting it.

>Heavy/onslaught gatling cannon is trash
>Plasma incinerator only good for killing infantry, doesn't do enough damage to be a good AT weapon
>Icarus rocket pod should be optional

Someone spoonfeed this fag on photos.
I'm making dinner

Where is the like drawn between imperium mechanicus and dark mechanicum? I'm making a swamp themed admech army and want to use things like spiders, gator riders, and things covered in moss or looking slightly gross without looking too nurgle, but I don't want it to look like a chaos army

I don't have anywhere in my house with enough light for this shit, it's a reason I don't post my army often.

No flashlights or lamps?

Getting my Tech Priest-Domina running.

even when deploying while breaking LOS? not being snarky genuinely curious why it's not working, the model is growing on me

Ew

can a painboy heal himself?

i think he can since it just says a model within 1"?

>no worklamps, office desk lamps or book reading lapmps

Is it a nice cave?

a flashlight yeah, but no actual good area to take a photo, where I took that was on my modelling table which is still filled with paint and unpainted minis.

As-long as you don't have weird mutations, festering wounds, too many spikes and eight pointed stars it should stay imperial

Ate too much fondue then kept cranking on the layers of my AoP board. Gluing foam, letting it cure, gluing again. Meantime I'm painting some Basilisks.

Very, it's got two overhead lights and a TV that I play the three stooges and caddyshack on when I build and paint

Don't put eight-pointed stars on anything and you can do pretty much anything you want. Check out
some Blanchitsu stuff if you need inspiration.

What's with the burial one?

Generic regimental traits, representing the universal forms of Guard regiments. Infantry, Armoured, Mechanized, Artillery, Drop, Deathworld, etc. Famous, named regiments could have their own rules, different from the generic.

I'd love similar to come to other factions. Like have Chapter traits for all the major chapters, but also make some generic traits for some SM archetypes.

Just get a posable natural-colored LED lamp. Those are great for painting too.

I take all my pictures by folding some old envelope in two and using that as the "lightbox".

It's an objective marker. It's also my first try at highlighting my yellow.

>painting ork's
>watching WWII documentaries
We should switch shows user

Here. This is what I do. The trick is simple: use as few muscles as possible.

aight, but I don't post my minis very often regardless, I see all these god tier paint jobs and I feel even more mediocre than usual.

>Even In Death, I Still Serve!
youtu.be/ecB6Eh7f3l8?t=10

model is fuck huge (leviathan size) there's only so much you can do to hide it, plus t7 3+ means it dies like 1 and a half dreadnoughts, except it gets shitty before it dies

As long as your minis look good to you, they look great. Don't forget that.

top kek, good taste user

Bigger than a Levi, actually
GW is not to be outdone

that's a fucking disaster waiting to happen my man

Well I'm far better now than when I was younger. So I suppose there's that. I just finished my Guilliman (I play Ultramarines and Guard, but mainly Guard, have been playing both since I was about 12, no I don't use Guilliman to buff my guardsmen) and I thought I did pretty well, considering my past work.

Reminder that Valhallen Russ don't lose stats till 2 wounds left. Feels good

this
Not my pic but it's hard to hide unless you're on a cluttered city board, it's almost twice the height of a normal dread. It's bigger than a Leviathan dreadnought.

Not bad user. Just needs highlights on the blue armor to make him pop

And pass a shade over those purity seals please

What kind of shade user?
I have Nuln oil, Agrax, Reikland flesh and Carroburg Crimson

Hey anons, how would the rapier batteries work with the slaanesh stratagem that allows an infantry or biker unit of slaanesh shoot again since the crew are manning the guns and firing them? I want to say no but am curious. Yes it would be waac as fuck if it is possible