Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>When_The_Troll_Tries_To_Seduce.sim
>How_do_you_deal_with_dumb_plan_ideas.thread
>Shadowrunner_tries_to_paint_nerd.trid
>Calling_(GAU-28).fml

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (80% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Omae, what the frag did you think would happen?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Shame.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Dumb Idea Edition
What were your dumbest plans so far?
Have they worked?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anybody got the doc about sr 5.1.1? i thought i downloaded it but cant find it in my download folder.

My dumbest plan was offering to run Shadowrun for room-mates if they'd just read the CRB.

That was back in March, I don't even bring it up anymore.

My condolences.

No one has any more clue than last time, chummer.

Nobody knows what you're talking about. Stop shilling for your chummer's homebrew, omae.

just search for it on desuarchive

The link is in the pastebin
Check homebrew

Ill try, but its my first time doing something like that senpai.

We robbed the Triads by using Shapechange to fit into a deposit box, opening the vault from the inside and dumping the contents to a boat in the sewers

Thanks for the help guys, my GM liked the sound of those houserules and is going to merge it with what he was working on if he likes it.

my first attempt at making an extremely augmented troll street samurai combat monster/bodyguard

please tell me how badly/good I did

>buying HL
>2 dice in Etiquette? Sure you might be able to buy a hit with your employers, but what about everyone else?
>why do you only have 8 skills? Where's your sneaking?
>why 6 edge?
>why Hawk Eye? Why not just cybereyes with Image Magnification?
>Gremlins 1 and Records on File (Evo, Ares)? Really, trogger?
>no transport?

>troll
>buys kick attack
trolls don't benefit from kick attack since they already have +1 reach in unarmed

>What were your dumbest plans so far?
We had a run where we had to kidnap a VIP. During the legwork session one player was out and we ended up doing all the legwork and had a plan down and were going to execute it when we had a full party. The next session when the missing player came back he listened to the plan, nodded, and said 'No the plan is stupid, we're going to do a smash and grab.' And he created such a stink that other players simply rolled over for him just so the game would continue.

>Have they worked?
The DM pussied out and let it work. The VIP was in a limo on an AA highway, the mage cast Accident on the driver causing a Critical Glitch, the driver crashed, everyone piled out to grab people from the limo (amazingly everyone was knocked out from the crash), we got the VIP, and drove out with 0 problems. We babysat the VIP for 7 days where nothing happened, released her, and got paid.

From a runner standpoint, a good run where nobody shot at you or chased you and you got paid.

From a player standpoint, very frustrating to see a bunch of legwork and nuyen go down the drain because one player threw a bitchfit and the DM roll over for him. Also it was boring because nothing happened.

I mean that's all fairly regular for babby's first troll.

I don't even remember getting Hawk Eye, so that's gone

wish I knew that already, another thing to replace

+1 and +1 makes +2

the +1 for troll sin unarmed comes from their arms being proportionally larger compared to their bodies. their legs are naturally proportioned, so using kick attack simply lets you RP that you kicked them with the exact same mechanical advantage of a troll punch

>tfw no orc Sombra gf

>Sombra

making an Ork gunbunny/street sam, should I stick with base Ork or make them an Oni?
Also how does metatype reduction work with Oni?

I'd lose either unarmed or blades. your guy is min/maxed enough, pick one melee skill and put the points from the other one into something else

If you want to go combat look into modding your gun more and having a backup gun at least.
Get some licenses too, you'd at least need a gun and bodyguard license.
Look into Agile Defender or something that rises your dice pool for Full Defense
A ballistic mask and bracers are a free +3 dice to armor plus moddable
Scrap your Knowledge Skills and think of skills related to security
Get rid of Artisan, put those points into Perception or Automatics
I hope you're happy with your cyber load out because you haven't left much Essence left for future upgrades

Your skills are very lacking, Karma points going into Skills should be a high priority

They stack. +1 for being a troll, +1 for learning to kick properly. Nothing says they do not stack, and it would not make sense if they did not.

It wouldn't make sense if they stacked because the natural +1 reach that trolls get is specifically for their arms alone; not their legs.

They don't stack. +1 for using arms because trolls have unnaturally long arms, +1 to kick for learning how to kick. You can't use an arm and a leg in the same attack in a way that their bonuses would stack.

That martial arts move only has RP value for trolls.

>Sombra

Thats in your own headcanon teritory
RAW Troll's Reach and Kick martial art stack
Those are the rules. What makes sense to you matters only for the games you run

RAW doesn't apply unless you can site where it's explicitly mentioned. Otherwise, your interpretation is as subjective as mine.

>RAW doesn't apply unless you can site where it's explicitly mentioned.
As the person claiming something should be interpreted in a particular selective way no one has said is actually written as such anywhere, it's time for you to 'site' it. Otherwise you're on par with every half ass who doesn't like a particular rule or mechanical interaction just because.

Considering shadowrun's stellar record, I wouldn't be surprised if both interpretations were written somewhere.

>This technique provides +1 Reach to basic Unarmed Combat Actions
Not to attack with your leg. To basic Unarmed Combat Actions
Now lets check what we have on Trolls.
>+1 Reach
No mentions of applying to legs, kicks, or headbuts. Just +1 Reach. So If you say use Steel Toes Boots to make an attack you would benefit from this extra Reach.
Now if we look at others interactions they specificly mention if something does not stack with each other. Like how it actually says that Dermal Plates does not stack with other skin augmentations.

SR5 p. 186: (under Reach) Trolls have long arms.
R&G p. 138: Kick Attack uses legs

flavor text ≠ rules
thats like saying because bug scanner is called radio signal scanner it also detects analog radio

I get four special attribute points, should I dump them all into magic or split it between magic and edge?

What array?

No real advantage to going Oni. You need your BOD and STR maximums higher more than AGI and CHA. And metatype reduction makes you not candy-coloured, not tusky, and not bug-eyed.

context is our friend here son

you playing a mage?
a crazy mofo?
both?

right, sorry

Street samurai/adept with minor augments

what mentor spirit would thematically make the most sense for a samurai?

>Street samurai
>minor augments
You're a burnout adept son

alright

Wise warrior.

He doesn't necessarily have to be a burnout. Someone can get some 'ware without necessarily trying to burnout, either in the fluff or mechanically.

Wise Warrior, Mountain, Stag, Wolf... there are tons that can fit, because 'samurai' is a broad stereotype with a bunch of subsets. Look at the samurai section in Run Faster and decide what values are most important to the character.

thanks

>Someone can get some 'ware without necessarily trying to burnout, either in the fluff or mechanically.
Sure, but AFAIK we refer to adepts using ware to supplement themselves as Burnout Adepts, even if they don't actually close to burning out

is it better to get burnout adept or cyberware compatibility?

why not both?

The rule of thumb for SR, especially for the martial arts introduced by R&G, is that bonuses don't stack unless specifically mentioned.

The martial arts maneuvers of R&G state that their bonuses only apply when using that particular move (i.e. to gain the +! reach from kick attack, one must be kicking).

The shadowrun wiki, supported by flavor text from 5e and 4e, states that the advantage trolls enjoy in melee combat is a result of an abnormal arm-to-leg ratio; NOT long limbs in general.

Trolls don't benefit from the kick attack manuever

mostly chargen positive quality limits.

I can either get burnout way and transhuman prototype. or Transhuman prototype, mentor spirit and cyberware compatability

>transhuman prototype

>adept
>transhuman prototype

pick one: adept or augmentations

mixing both is less effective than sticking to one

one point of bioware without any essence cost, seemed worth it from a mechanical perspective. If it's really not worth it I'll change it

No it's absolutely worth it, it's just cheesy as fuck

nothing is free in SR. you're still paying for that bioware: with nuyen, with your positive quality karma, AND with a karma-less negative quality

that, if you ask me, makes it more expensive than 1 magic

butthat'swrong.jpg

There are lots of things that fit into the one Essence limit (muscle toner/augmentation being the traditional choice) that make adepts exponentially better. Money is easy to get, compared with spending lots of Power Points on the equivalent adept powers (which will also cost a lot of karma).

>which will also cost a lot of karma
do you mean the cost of the initiations and increased MAG, or has 5e introduced karma costs for Adept Powers?

Have 5 karma left for positive qualities, I want you guys to decide what it is.

currently leaning towards latent dracomorphosis

right, but more can be fit into 1 magic with bio-compatibility than a free essence that costs karma and a negative quality

if you ask me, the decision is between using that 1 magic, or using biocompatibility, not prototype transhuman

The former. Even the first new Power Point has the effective cost of 48 karma (13 to initiate+35 for raising MAG from 6 to 7).

what kind of knowledge skills would an actual samurai have?

>latent dracomorphosis
BAD IDEA
not only is it cheese, it also kills any progression since you'll have to pay for the powers later and all karma goes to paying it

why not get that 1 ESS of ware, and then initiate, which costs 13 Karma (less with an ordeal) and 30 Karma for the magic point. Or you initiate (13 Karma) and just get an additional PP for your metamagic

How exactly do the martial arts work?

Do they just give you minor bonuses?

if you have a magic rating, i recommend mentor spirit.

yep, grabbed that beforehand, always make sure to get it when playing magic characters

Can never go wrong with any of those X Defender qualities that let you add extra dice to your full defense

>Bushido
>Not Bushido
>Motha fucking tea
>Red Samurai
>Why Katanas deserve so much better

If you're a face consider Bilingual since languages limit your skills

Philosophy (Japanese)
Calligraphy
Shinto
Tea Etiquette

poetry or calligraphy
history
etiquette

Theoretical Physics

I have a theoretical degree in physics

Trap option. Taking Mentor Spirit makes you a slave to unknowable cosmic powers. Resist!

Welcome aboard.

Bunraku (classic)

docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit

what's the best bioware for street samurai you can get in 1 essence point?

Imho prototype transhuman isn't really worth it for streetsams.

depends on the build
Pain Editor, Suprathyroid Gland and Muscle Toner are all nice

Muscle Toner R4(Alphaware) and Pain Editor(Standart)

If you're getting Prototype Transhuman fill it up with bioware that you don't intend to upgrade (since it CAN'T be upgraded).

Or get Geneware. Talk to your GM if it's allowed, but according to the fluff of the quality it certainly should be.

Is it wrong that I wanna see some writefaggotry based on that picture?

>The rule of thumb
>Source: My Anus

Why are people like you so autistic? Is it so aweful a troll get +1 reach on some garbage melee attack? I guess I can understand if they're some insane min maxed way of the fuck you free cyber adept savate master, but then the GM just puts down the book and tells them cheese goes in the fondue pot, not into the game

Poetry
Art(Calligraphy)
Warfare (horse archery)
Fuedal Clans

No.
>Be the change you want to see in the world.

Diff user, don't you need MAG equal to your PP total?

what armor would best fit a modern samurai?

I'm currently thinking of getting riot gear

One day we'll get the full story of Chica and her group. if I have to write it myself[\spoiler]

Wtf are you doing take that hat off it's clearly too big for you.

How can you even see?

nope, see the PP Metamagic:
>Power Point (Adepts Only): If you’re an adept, you
>gain a Power Point instead of a metamagic. You can take
>this as many times as you like.
5e CRB p. 326

Your initiation Grade is capped by current MAG, but if you are MAG 5 you can get 5 PP just by initiating, before having to increase your MAG
And 4e at least had the choice of buying Metamagics without further initiating, don't know if 5e has that as well

Her player has posted a few times, there was even a Christmas group pic

In the Genesis game of Shadowrun, is Joshua canonically a Street Sam, a Decker or a Gator Shaman? Where is he from prior to arriving in Seattle?

I wanna make him and his adventures a "tall tale" of sorts in my campaign but I was looking to brainstorm ideas with you guys.

If Jake Armatage did what he did, I can't see any reason why Joshua can't be all 3.

Alternatively have the actual events of the story be conflicting, like one guy claims he was a Gator shaman and did X, while another claims he was actually a Decker and did Y

Depends on how serious your Weeb Runner takes the aesthetic of looking like a Samurai. If they really want the look, then Heritage High Fashion clothing for casual wear. Then some Full Body Armor styled like Sengoku or Heian period armor, like Red Samurai Milspec.

sammy mage decker and was only a shaman in the sense that he had a mentor spirit

Maybe port the Paper Armor from Attitude(4e)?
Paper Armor
>An old practice of creating armor in Imperial Japan and
>China has recently been combined with recycling paper products.
>Lacquer and paper are folded and shaped into thick scales that are
>threaded into a scale mail-like armor. While paper doesn’t seem
>strong, the creation of scales and layering of them gives them a
>decently high resistance to non-ballistic weapons.

>> this stuff is very lightweight, but slightly bulky. When you move
>>around, the armor makes sounds like wood hitting wood. But
>>there’s a coolness factor wearing a full set of samurai armor, and
>>who cares if it was made from mostly paper?
>Mihoshi oni
Paper armor Ballistic 1/Impact 4 AVAIL 4 COST 100¥
Attitude p.155