EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Chittering Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What's your favorite Commander of 2017, /edhg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-09-17-daxos-enchants/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-09-17-rafiq-enchantress/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-neverending-tempest/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rafiq-budget-edh-3/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What's your favorite Commander of 2017, /edhg/?

Probably Hapatra or King of Jank. They both offer completely new strategies without being retarded new OP mechanics like Eminence

>What's your favorite Commander of 2017, /edhg/?
sram hands down

Seconded. Singlehandedly made MonoW bearable

Am I meant to run only dinos and Dino cost reducers as creatures or should I run dorks too?

Not just cost reducers but cards that also benefit from dinosaurs

I'm trying to get into stax. My current contenders are Gaddock Teeg, GB Glissa, and Nath. Are any of those three good staxxers? If not, what are some other good ones? Please no Blue, I hate Teferi/Oloro and I'll be hated forever with Zur.

run enchantments that make your dudes better. Cards like brave the sands, duelists heritage, iroas and oedric would be pretty sweet

Op question: Mairsil hands down

>Thread Question: What's your favorite Commander of 2017, /edhg/?
None of the 2017 legends really spoke to me, but I'm definitely building my ramirez into a pirate granny deck.

Edgar for me

>Thread Question
The Ur-Dragon. I have awaited its card for a very long time and it did not disappoint (unlike O-Kagachi).

Runner-up: Gishath, Sun's Avatar.

There is a lot of naya cards that triggers when you control a creature with 4-5 or more power, might be useful. Mayael, for exemple could be nice.

You probably want to run dorks. I won't because I am a strict tribalist when it comes to building a tribal deck, but if you want it to be good, do it.

Gaddock is basically the king of stax as far as I'm concerned. But I also think you should consider Ruric Thar.

Scorpion God, i even traded for the Egyptian rare. Scarab seemed neat but everyone and their grandmother wants it and the 2017 set doesn't really appeal to me. RB with draw power is good and having RiR being a legit wincon is neat. Grandma Peggy the Pirate is a close second but we need more pirates, clones and recursion can only go so far.

Gaddock works pretty good. Never seen Glissa as stax, usually combo, but I could see her making real use out of the usual artifact selection. No clue on Nath stax...

I'd actually suggest Queen Marchessa for non-blue stax. Play it pillowfort/tokens/stax and try and finish the job with an Assemble the Legion into a Razia's purofication or something of the sort for max funtime.

i have a friend play it once and was not convinced. I don't really think there's enough -1/-1 counter effects to make it good, Any advise or general tip?

Have you rejected the sins of the LGS today?

Will they ever unban Leovold?

I play mostly in LGS, but most points from Chadeon apply to me instead of Jaycee.

He was so degenerate that locking people out of games was a regular occurrence. He's not coming back.

>No women in the playgroup
How is that a plus?

Rate
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-09-17-daxos-enchants/

>No women in the playgroup

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Whats some good queen Marchesa pillowfort tech lads

don't forget scroll rack

Ghostly Prison and Koskun Falls. Aurification for a hilarious on-theme rattlesnake card.

Do any podcasts discuss stax, or are they all weenies who can't handle discussion?

Yes

Wow, what kind of shitty LGS do you have near you?

>Aurification
hehe thanks user

Ramos

Posted this the other day, didn't get any feedback. Thoughts? Starting and wanted to make sure the deck's at least decent.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-09-17-rafiq-enchantress/
The Sovereigns/Conscription and Rafiq as a Commander is for nostalgia.

Which ones? Trying to do some research and the big names seem too namby-pamby.

Which are some cheap, fun commanders to fill the table with tokens as soon as possible?

Rhys Marath Ghave

Ghave

>Cheap
Whoops
Krenko, Rhys and Ghave can be spendy

Kazuul and Darien for creatures that fort and being on them as well.

Can confirm, women at LGS who don't play are cancer.

Edgar, he's just super fun to play and I haven't really played an aggro swarm deck before (unless you count Shirei and his 30-something apostles). I dig his flavour and art and the fact that I'm getting value from him even when he's in the command zone.

he is more about killing and small combos/synergy, like the things you can do with mikaeus. its more about netting advantage until you draw into big combo/finishers. boop some counters on guys about to die, even your own. spread the love. wither and infect with proliferate are your friends, put it on shit like direct damage effects. glistening oil is a reusable cantrip in here. blowfly infestation keeps the party going.

infect is an alt wincon because its too slow and attracts hate. you mostly want it to bait blocks or be blocked to net draws. use tainted strike to snipe someone who has a +9 power coming at their face but is still gonna live. target creature means anyone you can target.

How accurate is the competitive percentage on tapped out?

If I was making a jank Karador Relentless Rats deck what is some neat stuff I can put in it? I figure I can get one game out before people just run an "exile all cards with this name" card just for me. Some stuff I've found is

>Blodbond March
>Remembrance
>Secret Salvage

all wouldn't work in other EDH decks but seem really good here.

not at all

Perfect.

Currently running a Breya artifact deck, it's a great time but my friend is running that damn hellkite that just steals my board if I don't have am immediate answer.
What can I plug in to take it back? Homeward Path is all I've got but a lot of my setup isn't creatures so I usually have to sack some of my board just so he can't get any value from it.
It's such a brutal affect on my entire deck at any point in the game

Counters work really well

Dung Beetle God

That's artifact decks for you. You get to run the most broken cards in the game but you get blown the fuck out by a random Vandalblast, Merciless Eviction, Oblivion Stone etc.

Can you link your decklist?

>girl pops up
>she's bringing a GW tribal deck of some sort if she's at least kind of normie
>or she's rocking some obnoxious tumblr hair cut and running some stronk womyn deck that never gets going
Literally one or the other. And the GW deck always involves token. Bitches love tokens.

If the average Magic player was socially well-adjusted and capable of acting like a normal fucking human being around women, it wouldn't be so bad.

But you and I both know that vaginas are toxic to gaming groups - whether or not they intend it.

Makes sense, just trying not to get absolutely blown out by that goober if I can help it. Recovering at that point in the game is very difficult

If I have a 2 color commander do I want the fetch lands that are only one of my colors for deck thinning?

is there a less shitty jungle delver i can use in kraj?

You don't want them for deck thinning because that is statistically insignificant in EDH unless you're doing Boundless Realms levels of fetching.
You do want them because they fetch your shock to get 2 colors more reliably in your opening hand.

Just opened up this bad bitch, you fags jelly?

I'll probably spend more than that card is worth on breakfast, im pretty jelly and I wont buy jelly

>Edh players jelly of a new card
Wrong thread kiddo

Fucking Christ sharuum is a pain in the ass to white border. After her I think I'll do all the older cards first, they go much quicker.

Its not even foil user

Is that cats name mittens, boots or oreo?

the second you play that its dead

I'm trying to get this mono blue EDH deck working but I keep running into mana issues.
Any cards I should be looking for?

That's not how priority works user.

$9 + free postage in eBay

ill give you $4 in a month for it

Its "Sex-hole"

As long as it's not some stupid stereotype name for a black and white cat it's fine

>Also nice get Satan

That one Amonkhet mythic works for me
As foretold I believe it is
Lets you cast mana spells for free slowly over times

does a pro gay-men mouse make much of a difference? mostly concerned about how the aiming feels in shooters

so like every planeswalker?

well some second abilities make them worth it and some are low threat or can protect themselves but one that needs 3 turns to do something good is not going to stick around

>Low threat walkers
>Implying you'd even let Tibalt live

I'd feel sorry enough for him that I would let him loot first

>Implying I wouldn't just steal him and use him as a necklace

dont have an account anywhere and there are some cards i still need to order to finalize it. ill post when i do though.

So wait I heard somewhere that you can use the big commander cards as your commander is this true?

No

>6 mana for a weaker Bramblecrush
Not jelly at all.

Cat's name is Sweet Dee cause she screeches like a bird.

I love my g502. Scroll wheelhas optional clicky or free spinning, good amount of buttons without being overwhelming. Only real complaint is it's slightly heavy, and it comes with weights to customize the weight a bit. Rgb is a plus I guess.

While they won't make you play much better, a nice mouse is a joy to use versus fighting with a shitty one

t. user who wants to make an animar deck

Girl in my group has punk hair and has a goal of always going for the most cruel on the surface commanders, like the Eldrazi Titans, Infect, Sheoldred, etc. If Leovold wasn't banned when she started playing she'd be playing him 24/7.

I'm building ym first white EDH deck with Michiko Konda as the general
I've never built white before so i dont really know the good cards of the color looking for suggestions
the idea of the deck is paying for your actions with stuff like Norns annex and isolation cell
i want people to lose mana options over there choices and lose permanents and life throughout the game

no reason you can't, but you still need the normal card for when it changes zones

this, no issue with people having the oversized cards as long as they have a smaller version incase it goes in their deck/hand etc or at least a proxy stand-in

I posted last thread about a Taigam deck I was split on. I like a lot of the bigger spells I can potentially copy, but the deck currently feels like it can take better advantage of a bunch of smaller spells, cantrips and removal.

So what's your favorite U or W cantrip?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-neverending-tempest/

I really am still thinking about building two Taigam decks. Has anyone here ever had two decks with the same commander?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rafiq-budget-edh-3/

About to buy the cards I need for this budget rafiq deck I made, just wondering if there's anything critical I missed or shouldn't have.

Ur Dragon, Edgar or Scarab/Scorpion God.

can someone rec me some fun cards that effect each opponent/player in a good way? i've looked up phelddagrif edhrec but i want more jank

I've been brewing an angry omnath deck, and there's some fun things like the tempt with X cards, and theresone called rite of the storm which gives everyone a 5/1 haste trample elemental sac eot on their upkeep, but they cant attack you. So a little bit of group slug or so politics.

the only one i have added right now is tempt with discovery
tempt with reflections might be sweet as well but i don't have many creatures yet and i need a good target for it

Look at some Gahiji lists focused on creating all out war on the table, stuff like duelist's heritage where the buffs help you more than others usually

that sounds like fun

Gishath is my favorite commander but Edgar is my best commander from this year

Oath of Lieges
Crescendo of War
Duelist's Heritage
Rite of the Raging Storm
Shared Fate
Possibility Storm

I fill like, 90% of the Chad criteria, feels good.
>Me and my magic buddy and his GF play magic togeather on Sunday when we can
>Games are always fair, it's never 2 on one unless that person is getting out of hand
>We each supply drinks and food every now and then
>Sometimes we turn magic into a drinking game

My LGS is honestly really cool too. The employees join us in events all the time. The only one who doesn't join is the girl who works there, I don't know why she won't play. She loves socializing with us.

Is Hostage Taker a good card for Scarab God? Thinking of trading it to me and cutting Evil Twin

>trading it to me
You can't just trade with yourself, user.

A couple guys and the store owner at my LGS are thinking of throwing a duel commander league, enlighten me on duel commander, pls.