youtube.com/watch?v=cdCpF8o5LUo

I miss the old days.

yea keepin it og style biatch

Where have all our old heroes gone?

ze murio el zapo :'v

kiero kroketaz V:

anal prolapse at 3 o'clock we need artillery at 7-e-6

>that first /sip/ of the day

A lot of my old-Veeky Forums stuff is nsfw as fuck and would net me a swift banhammering.

Does anyone have a picture of Moot holding his severed head?

Post it on Imgur

But i'll dig through and see what i can find that isn't /d/-lite tier

The best part of my screencap folder is seeing how what I found funny enough to save changed over the years.

>WHRYYYed
Just as planned.

Happy birth day my niggas

> AWAKE, AWAKE, AWAKE !
He'll come back, eventally. I miss Awake's rpg stories.

What happened to chink?

Behold !
The oldest recorded delivery from Greenmarine.
Certified to embarass him whenever posted in his presence

Neat !
I'm guessing that last american elections troll-floods scared away a lot of creative Veeky Forumsoers. Which is really sad.

Oh, wait...
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/24884012

I kind of prefer this to Veeky Forums today, seems crazier in better direction

shoving quests into their own boards was the biggest mistake in Veeky Forumss history.

Veeky Forums was a child of /b/ and /b/tards were the population.
Adding in moderators chased them all away and replaced them with unapologetic neckbeards who don't watch anime or fap to 2D pics. It was a bad idea overall.

It's storytiem !

It's older than that. It started with the nazimod, and got worse since then.

Good old cultist chan.

I'd fuck a shardmind

Quests taking up 50% of the board was the low point of Veeky Forums

Ever since the NaziMod purge most old-Veeky Forums drawfags moved over to tgchan. The strict SFW enforcing only made the Drawfag exodus worse, since most old drawfags did 75-80% nsfw stuff.

Today we appreciate our successes, ruminate on our failures, and engage in eternal shitflinging as to which of those two categories an action lies in.

Lol

As it was, so it shall always be.

I miss the old crew, even if they could be a bit circlejerky sometimes

Ye olde days before captcha,
the joy of perpetual spambots.

Also nsfw-texters.

I always forget I share a birthday with Veeky Forums.

If you remember this you are a true oldfag.

Having gotten into Veeky Forums three years ago I was only really around for the tail-end of quests before they were banned, new Veeky Forums still feels hollow compared to what I've heard about old Veeky Forums, what the hell happened?

/jp/, you are drunk, you got the wrong board by a letter

You're now seeing a fine taxidermy of what was once a wild beast.

That's actually kind of depressing

It's a fundamental truth of the universe.

It'll happen to other things, things you hold as dear as we did Veeky Forums. You'll take them for granted, then wake up one day and realize that nothing good has come from your favorite thing in quite a while. The old names and the fun times will be gone.

More will be created at around the same time. You may or may not make it in time to enjoy the good times there. Then the soulless, fucking idiots will come, en masse, and ruin it.

It never ends.

People moving on, quests being removed from Veeky Forums (because of some unrepentant/ultra-faggoty neckbeards who just can't stand the idea of talking about anything besides their precious D&D and Warhammer rules-cheese), mods who fail at applying the banhammer upon what really matters (int : striking harmless nsfw stuff instead of goddamn trolls), etc, etc

These are dark times that we live in, indeed.

NaziMod happened. Before him Veeky Forums was self-moderated by copious uses of SAGE and Thulsa Doom Demands Bitches to derail stupid/non-relevant and/or spam threads into something that often resulted in one or two grains of diamond among the shit.

Then the dreaded NaziMod came, swinging the legendary weapon PermaBanHammer. Many were the drawfags and writefags that were lost during that dark period. It was an age of strict content enforcement, where only DnD and Warhammer 40.000 were hallowed topics. Any thread about other topics could at any time be pruned for "not being Veeky Forums-related".
The creativity of Veeky Forums was stymied and the board culture changed forever, never to be the same again. Even to this day, several years after the removal of the NaziMod this board hasn't recovered from the blow we took.

>shoving quests into their own boards was the biggest mistake in Veeky Forumss history.

100% this. Veeky Forums was best when we didn't have board-specific mods and we could make whatever fun stuff we wanted to make.

Been here since day one, had a lot of great times over the years, but heavy moderation and the rise of "not Veeky Forums-related!" has killed my desire to make new stuff for this board.

This isn't even that old

So why hasn't Veeky Forums recovered? Mods don't seem as pissy as before and there seems to be a bunch of old fags upset at new Veeky Forums, why doesn't anyone do something?

I still have fond memories of that time on /qa/ that moot told us that Nazimod had been driven off by sheer shitposting.

don't worry, It's long dead.

It feels like Veeky Forums is dying as a whole, desu

The nsfw rule causes some problems. There's some stuff here that I'm surprised hasn't caused problems yet.

dat bulge. Nice.
>inb4 poorly drawn crotch

It would be kind of tactless if the mods got uppity about the art in here

Knowing that is Slaanesh... it is wathever you want it to be.

Nazimod rule was dark time and a nasty blow to Veeky Forumss integrity, but we still managed to recover for the most part back then. mootkins admitted it was over the line, bans were lifted and new anons arose to bolster out ranks - with their own content or even just with participation.

It's hard to say when they real irreversible damage happened. Segregation of Quests was the breaking point when it became apparent, but it seems that the rot took root before that, way before.

And possibly good couple things you really really don't want it to be.

Fuck you, you fucking faggot.

Decay will indeed claim everything. But you have to fight that. Dammit, we're fucking Veeky Forums. We are and always will be, and if we've fallen, we'll get back up again.

So stop mooning over Nazimod or whatever, and BE THE Veeky Forums THAT I KNOW YOU CAN BE! Come on, user, get up! You're okay! Tell a story, draw a picture, show us the talent that I know is still there.

We're the best damn board on the best fucking site on the goddamn internet. We've got nothing to be ashamed of. So get of your FUCKING asses, stop whining, and BE THAT.

>So why hasn't Veeky Forums recovered? Mods don't seem as pissy as before and there seems to be a bunch of old fags upset at new Veeky Forums, why doesn't anyone do something?
Our mod is currently moving a bunch of diverse types of threads onto /qst/, despite these threads not being quests (judging by the description in the /qst/ sticky) because he just doesn't like them being on "his" board. A lot of people are unhappy with the decision because /qst/ is where fun things go to die.

I've got a home brew setting I've been working on but I feel like if I dumped it, I would just be stroking my ego

Jim Profit was the fatal blow.

A lot of people know the name, but they don't seem to remember his style or tactics. He's the guy that tried and succeeded in injecting politics into Veeky Forums. Others tried before him, but none were successful enough to bring threads to a screeching halt with a single post.

It created a range of topics, all related to politics, that you couldn't talk about without getting screeched at by people who hated objectivism because of its association with Profit. You can't have a fun atmosphere when there are things you can't mention without a thread getting shit on.

After Jim came the smaller trolls, people like scaredofshadows, who would make it impossible to talk about werewolves in World of Darkness threads. These seem like small, insignificant topics but when the number of them increases, you end up with neo-Veeky Forums.

No fun allowed, no matter what.

The world calls for wetwork, and we answer !

I wish I'd have more time to work on drawfaggotry for Veeky Forums, but real life simply always gets in the way... Starting 2018, maybe that I will be able to to do my part