youtube.com/watch?v=l3Drsnn0LgY
youtube.com/watch?v=GXSk-WVLS2A
youtube.com/watch?v=JyPCp4_DNcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=y2RGfZlLLEA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historical_ship_types
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_fortification#Harbours
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxR5CDFOxGsDOXVXX0l1QlFQSmM?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i am amazed how this managed to be so much better than other eldritch cyoas but still a very mediocre cyoa experience in itself

TRAVELLER

>This CYOA could had been great
>Excessive wish fulfillement decreased its quality
Tragic isn't it?

OC is here.
The most autistic kingdom builder on /cyoag/ makes its return!
This might look like a bloated mess, but that’s precisely the point. If I’m going to make an intricate kingdom builder, I might as well go all the way and make it the most tedious and complicated one around. You either go all the way or not at all. Who would want to play a CYOA like that where your options go “You’re now king. You do vague king stuff.”, anyway? That would be nothing but a glorified waifu picker! What about the tax policy?
Anyway, I promised to release Time of Troubles this summer, and I’m sorry that I failed. But at least it is out now.
Here’s some music to set the tone:
youtube.com/watch?v=l3Drsnn0LgY
youtube.com/watch?v=GXSk-WVLS2A
youtube.com/watch?v=JyPCp4_DNcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=y2RGfZlLLEA
Changelog:
1. The CYOA is now 1600 pixels wide and 8000 pixels long.
2. Changed the order of many panels to make more sense. I think it works much better now, but then again, what do I know?
3. Icons for main stats and resources are now colored for your convenience.
4. Added icons for population, dissent and provinces. Icon for provinces is shaped like Belgium because I based it on a quote I remember reading somewhere about Russia expanding at the rate of one Belgium per year.
5. It is no longer as easy to pick billions of Glory, Honor and Will points without doing anything significant.
6. Title panel was remade to give Total War menu-ish vibe.
7. Seasons are now no longer useless and have more going for them than before.

This is just a couple of nitpicky questions, so no need to chime in if you're not the OP.
>Why is "Thread" capitalized?
>Why isn't "Archive" pluralized?
Asking in case the answer might be something besides "I dunno, I just copy-pasted from earlier".

8. Upbringing panel was graphically updated, all options were rebalanced, especially the Bastard option.
9. Dynasty panel was turned on its side to be more visually convenient. Added some lore and backstory for each dynasty branch.
10. There is a unique item on the table for every dynasty.
11. Rebalanced the Religions panel. Also now all of them stand in a single row.
12. Skills, Items and Buildings panels are no longer such colossal wastes of space. They were made smaller and more compact.
13. Items are no longer free if you have a certain skill, but that’s okay, because prices are more fair now. Probably.
14. Removed Blood Magic as a skill, because multiple other presented types of magic already fall under it.
15. Added three new skills.
16. I completely remade the Government types the same way I did as Paths back in Worm CYOA. Also, it now looks kind of cluttered, so maybe it wasn’t the best idea. If I ever get around to make another update, I’ll make a page or a half for each government type instead.
17. Renamed Noble Republic to Oligarchic Republic.
18. Added one new country name on the map. I lost the font I originally used for the country names, so I had to rewrite them all anew as to not make the newcomer look different.
19. Massive changes to the Province list – added icons for religions, cultures, supposed province owners; added some descriptions for each province; real world landscapes were replaced with artsy fantasy ones; population and resources were rebalanced.
20. Minor visual changes to the Vassals panel. Removed the assigned province number requirement. The incompetent vassal was cut due to being useless. Ubercompetent childhood friend vassal no longer provides any land bonus for balancing reasons, his bonus was given to another vassal instead. Renamed Administration to Stewardship because it’s shorter and sounds better.

Hello /cyoag/, I am in need of some help!

I am in need of ideas for Naval Defences for a city, for now all I possess is a harbor boom and Greek Fire, and of ideas for different types of ship aside from the typical, "Light, Medium, and Heavy"

Also if there are any ideas for family names of fantasy kingdoms I wouldn't be adverse to taking them. They can be European, Asian, Middle-Eastern, or African sounding if you'd prefer.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

21. A few dozen or so of new buildings. You can now build structures in multiple provinces and not just in your capital, some buildings come for free by default.
22. Graphical update for the Council panel.
23. Added a new Military Advisor. Random unrelated pictures at the bottom of advisor descriptions were cut and repurposed to other places.
24. Graphical update for the Laws and Decisions panel.
25. Added 4 new Spouses. Graphically updated their panel. Swapped some of their names, portraits and abilities around to make them more balanced and to fit the theme.
26. Pointless diplomatic interactions with other knyazes were cut, because they weren’t actually doing anything. The relationship system replaced it. Now making alliances with other knyazes makes sense, as you can get them to bend the knee and acknowledge you as their Tsar. Or you can even do it the opposite way and help them become the Tsars, if you’re the ‘Power behind the Throne’-kind of guy. Updated the panel graphically and changed some things for some knyazes.
27. New countries to interact with on the Diplomacy panel.
28. Added 4 (actually 2) new Bogatyrs, including 1 donut steel weeb OC (actually loosely based on a Japanese myth). Added lore and backstory for each Bogatyr.
29. You can now assign missions for your bogatyr. Here I also tried to deal with the issue some people were having because of some information in the crossover with Magocratic Convention.

30. I made names of every mission a song or soundtrack reference, just like I always do for quest-like panels, except this time it's Russian songs wholly.
31. There are now 92 units in total, 26 of which are brand new. Umbraic religion finally got its own units. Rebalanced some units. ‘Infinite money’ exploit no longer works (I think).
32. Added a secret page ala Mystery box (not really) that tells you how well your reign went. You are already familiar with the Attributes panel, but it is joined now by the Outcomes (and Dissent) panel, which tells you the overall results of your rule and which path your country took because of your choices.
33. Factions panel was cut due to being useless and instead merged with the Dissent system. Having 100 dissent is no longer instant game over, you can theoretically survive and win if you think you’re a bad enough dude.
34. Thrice Ninth Tsardom is now its own Outcome. You can’t simply decide to become a tsar like before, now you’ll have to work for it.
35. In my original plan this CYOA was going to be 15 pages long, including things like trade, fleet, family management (bigger and not limited to a single government type), more bogatyrs (I had to cut 3 new ones to save space – RIP Ilya, Alyosha, Mikula and Chernomor) and so on. Thankfully, I was not insane and most of these things were cut or repurposed, leaving us at just 9 pages. Maybe I will add them in the future updates, but those are questions for another day.
If I didn’t add something to the changelog blame my poor memory for that.

Hell yeah

These might be helpful
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historical_ship_types

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_fortification#Harbours
>There is evidence that harbours were fortified, with wooden structures in the water creating a semi-circle around the harbour, or jetties, as seen in an artists reconstruction of Hedeby, in Denmark, with an opening for ships to access the land. Usually, these wooden structures would have small bases at either end, creating a 'watch' and defense platform.
If naval invasion was a big threat, they probably would have catapults/ballistas aimed at the chokepoint also.

And that’s the end of this one. Now that I updated all of my CYOAs to a higher standard, I can finally move on and actually start making new stuff. Next on the Planar Chart list is Hades.
I also must voice a concern. It appears to my eyes that I’m starting to repeat myself. This new Time of Troubles follows the same patterns as the other CYOAs I did before. I used the same fonts, the same textures, the same tricks. I find it… troubling. Perhaps I should try something new, something experimental next time, lest I fall into a track of monotony and decay.

I set up a google drive thing where you can find all of my other CYOAs and read them in HD 3D png (or jpg).
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxR5CDFOxGsDOXVXX0l1QlFQSmM?usp=sharing

God this looks like such a bore, you're probably a virgin.

One more thing – here’s an autistic world map for the CYOA. It’s a rough draft and I’ll update it in the future, I’m posting it just to show how the rest of the world looks.

Why is Japan so big?

>Russians
I know Arthurian is overplayed but why did it have to be Russians. Oh well.

>Maiden can not take a spouse
But my kawaii Japanese yuri waifu ;_;

>Butcher everything else.
>Makes Japan even bigger.
Gave me a sensible chuckle.

The greatest of all time. Good to have you back.

>Zabava

My new CYOA.

Well, this is going to take some time to make a build

Don't say sorry it's bloated. It only fuels the autistic "if I can't read it in 5 minutes it's not worth my time" disposition. Your work fucking empowers this medium.

Doll
>Books
Celaeno Fragments
Neconomicon
The King in Yellow

>Gods and powers
Elder Sign
Cthulhu
Yog-Sothoth
Shub-Niggurath
Nyarlathotep
Hastur
Atlach-Nacha

>Insanity
Unconscious Troubles
Amygdal Erosion

>Faction
Templars

Skip the personality from Hastur for now. While I wouldn't say it's entirely bad, I think the bad outweighs the good from that one.

This gives me doll that can pass for human both physically and mentally, is capable of romantic feeling and might be a little obsessive and clingy. Decent enough waifu material and very very useful.

I basically let the Doll do the actual work alone. She can infiltrate perfectly, read minds, and call me telepathically with any information. I could actually just stay at some Templar HQ so as to relay whatever she discovers directly, and my "insanity" actually helps me remain calm and rational while doing this.

With Yog-Sothoth's binary Summoning we are actually stronger when separated. I can watch her back with the passive, and should she encounter anything she cannot handle I can pull her out with the active. For what she CAN handle, Hastur's burst dash is strong both offensively and defensively, especially considering she is over 4 times as strong as a human. She probably has enough to qualify for Enforcer duty.

Outside of our duties in day to day life I'll want to keep her close to mitigate the insanity effects (though erosion may still have perks when appropriate), so her "personal space" issues work to my benefit. Really whether I want the doll to function as a waifu or not I don't really have all that much choice, as it would be hard to get close to anyone normal under the circumstances.

Well the pastebin itself serves as an archive of sorts (an archive of archives), so either way on that would be entirely valid.

funny thing is that if you had to choose representatives for the cyoa genre from the pool of authors around here for the general public at large, this guy would be everyone's first pick. beri would likely be second.

>they don't bitch
>they don't attention-whore
>they deliver quality content
>and then they go, because they've got cyoas to work on

No

is that OC?

But then it's an archive that contains archives and other resources, so why keep the "and other resources"?
I mean, the whole thing is most likely just a typo (someone somewhere forgot an "s"), but why perpetuate it?

Excellent. About to start digging in, can't decide if I hope I can break it in half again or not.

I might actually put Beri first due to his wider range of options. Tankista is a master of expansive works with actual endstates and arguably the master of his specific subgroup.

I'm convinced that the only reason that people make these dick sucking posts is to indirectly insult other authors out of autistic hate. Also I can't be the only one who thinks Beri's OC is sub-par at best.

People just want to show their appreciation.

Transport: Portal. It'd be tough to bring things in (and out) with just teleport. Dream doesnt let you really choose when to go and VR doesnt actually let you go at all whats up with that.

Magic: Standard Magic/Common. Low level magic is relatively common but higher level magic suitable for combat is quite rare.

Technology: Medieval Era. Most of the comforts are covered by high level magic enchants instead, although technology is slowly advancing as well.

Danger: Bright-ish. A slightly grey bright. A grey with good public order. You know.

Lewd: Perfume of eroticism, or maybe a tiny bit more.

Population: All of them except aliens. Droids are run by magitech and are basically advanced golems. Lewd races are... lewd.

I think his first slime cyoa and pic related were bretty gud. Branching heart is just a meme.

Everything is shit
Even the piss

YES

Can I bring stuff to and from the dimension? Can I bring people?
Can I learn magic?

Behead those who insult beri!

Do I have to worry about dying of old age or does being tied to my pocket dimension fix that worry?

Not bad but seems more like a Custom World than a Pocket Dimension (which by definition is small.)

Anons of /cyoag/, if you had your own Empire, what Laws and Doctrines would you enact? Would you bring back slaves? Militarize the Police? Start expansionism?

One first has to conquer the world before worrying about those things you know.

Assume all of the above and far more polarizing and obscure choices. You'd be better off making a catch-all choice, or throwing in the catch-all with the more common ones.
>>>>Jump

What is "jump"

Sorry I confused two tabs
Carry on

Yeah, that's really weird.

I think those three tropical mediterranean seas (?) look pretty interesting

No jumps allowed here. Thread rules.

Crime slavery and prisoner of war slavery wouldn't be terrible. Of course, with still a minimum level of rights. We'd have to have mandatory education. It wont be aimed at religion, but it would be ideal if it would wipe out strong religious beliefs. Maybe change immigration so that first generation immigrants would be immigrant slaves (more rights than criminal slaves), second generation would be some second tier citizenry, and third generation after the initial immigration would be a full fledged citizen. Police militarization wouldnt really matter unless we had guns and stuff. Honestly it wouldn't matter very much but it would probably end up with a system of one rotating military personnel and one locally recruited personnel paired in order to patrol. Best way of reducing any unnecessary resentment is to promote the local populace into doing most of the policing.

>Maybe change immigration so that first generation immigrants would be immigrant slaves
how to kill your economy in one phrase

That's why I'm saying You'd have your own Empire to govern already.

I only have a few ideas so far, so that's a problem.

Laws:

>Prohibition
Forbid all alcohol

>Strict Immigration
Immigration is allowed, but only for the high-spec people

>No Immigration
state above

>Free Healthcare
Free healthcare but takes a blow to your budget

>Police state
pretty obvious

>Corporate transparency
More monitoring on corporations who abuse workers and evade tax

>Patriot act
everyone knows this

>State Monitor
NSA revamped

Good stuff, of course, each law will have both pros and cons. I just need more ideas to balance it out

There's already very little point in having slave labour because of automatization and it's just going to increase.
Small exception is when shit like Fukushima nuclear accident happens, where it would theoretically be worth it to send in waves of expendables to clean it up but that hardly justifies all the upkeep that slave population requires.
Expansionism is also kinda outdated, in past, the land you controlled basically directly correlated with how rich and powerful you were due access to food. But today, even if you could grow your own food, industrial nation will likely grow the few things that grow well in their soil for export and import most of the food. Even if you want to be self-sufficient and grow your own tomatoes, modern farming technology makes it possible to feed your population on massively smaller area than before.

>-100 for existing
top kek

The Yaponian name is also funny and i asolutley love that you did the Mistress of the Copper Mountain.

Outlaw memes

What is the punishment for using them?

Good point, but that doesn't apply much if Your Empire was before the Industrial revolution, still good info if you were to have one in Modern times.

How do you fap to CYOAs? Do people really do this?

In the short term yes. But in the long term it increases homogeneity following our cultural norms. Besides, I say slavery but my intent is for their rights and conditions to be pretty decent and more of a restriction on them moving around unaccounted for.

Also, it's only going to kill your economy if theres no other driving factors. I mean, other countries at war? If our citizens have a particularly good life? If we have better technology/magic? Their home nation gets absorbed by mine? They could do it so their grandkids will have a better life you know.

Splendid, I thank you for your aid!

Beri would always be my first pick, it was Beri who inspired me to create in the first place.

This is incredible. I have so much respect for people who put out stuff of this complexity.

>In the short term yes.
if "slavery" means what slavery makes people think it means, it will stop all traffic to your country from anywhere but the shittiest of regions (which i imagine is the opposite to the effect you desired)

>it would increase homogenity
a. more effective ways of doing that

b. irrelevant for 90% of cultures

>if we have better x
a. cant assume that

b. even if you were the first in the world, theres always second place- and second place is going to be much more welcoming than your retarded policy

Yes. Slut Life nearly killed my penis.

Depends on the empire. MANDATE OF HEAVEN / ROMAN PEACE / AGAINST THE TIDE

Well, you didn't specify time but said "you" and that slavery had gone away, which for me at least implied the current time.
If you want to consider all possible empires everywhere, it kinda becomes way too open ended imo.

>if "slavery" means what slavery makes people think it means, it will stop all traffic to your country from anywhere but the shittiest of regions
US functionally has slavery in prison workforce. And illegals basically have minimal civil rights and work for pennies. Still massive rush in. If you are chaining people up if they happen to wander your border, that will get you bad rap but you could simple dress it as some kind of "path to citizenship" program.
Remember, service guarantees citizenship.

These are really good titles, Mandate of heaven I can probably use to enforce one religion. Pax Romana seems to specific, though Against the tide I may use as one of your complications.

That's a really good idea, "Path to Citizenship Program" similar to slavery, but after 20 years they'll be a free man, less despised than slavery and good workforce.

Keep your ideas cumming lads.

Comrade.

You have done great work and you should be proud. I salute you!

Now then, I have a kingdom to build and enemies to fuck over in Russian Westeros.

So i guess that We Choose to Fight implies that even if you don't defeat Koshey, it doesn't mean that the planet is 100% fucked and you are dead because an agent of Convention is on the task and will simply find other allies? And you also will miss out on a very unlikley opportunity to establish some kind of communication with guys in charge of the multiverse.

>Transportation
Teleport
>Magic
Rare Magic
>Technology
Industrial/Steampunk
>Dangerosity
Grey
>Lewdness
Perfume of Eroticism
>Pupulation
Humans (from all races) and Fantasy Races (High Elves, Dark Elves, Orcs and Dwarves.

This is a post medieval era fantasy world, where humans are the dominant race. Magic was a common thing, but for who knows-what reason, magic started to disappear.

Only those who were born with magical aptitudes are able to use magic, but with time, less and less man were capable of using magic. It has come to a point where in this world, magic can be only used by a few dozens of man who like to call themselves 'Mage'.

Although being few, Mages power is that of a legends tale. It's in part to this why Humans are the dominant race. A group of 5 mages is enough to take down any enemy army, a bigger group could take any kingdom.

This is why Humanity has started to focus on developing technology. All the non-human races seem to fail behind in every aspect. Inmigration from non-humans to human countries or kingdoms it's a serious thing. Orcs are the only race banned in human society as they are seen as literal animals.

Dwarves are allowed to live with humans but only with work 'passes', they are not seen as even seconds class citizens, but as a work force. Elves both high and dark are the only 'non-human' race allowed to live among humans, they have earned the right of "HH" (Honorary Humans) but they are treated as second class citizens, they don't have the same rights as humans and are banned from certain kind of places and works. Verbal racism although not common, can be heard from time to time from humans who dislike Elves. Humans are allowed to marry Elves but the pairings who do this expect both mild racism from Humans and Elves.

If you're going to be doing this in a modern setting then make sure to give us the capacity to set the borders, set out governmental structure, and to set 'guiding principles' for their legal basis. Make sure large areas of legality (Commerce, immigration, military policy, etc) have lots of options.

Otherwise carry on.

Literally just wait for Time of Troubles builds you shit.

Was thinking something along the lines of what said. It's not SLAVERY it's "slavery". I'm only using the word to simplify talking about it. Instead of slavery you could call it multiple tiers of citizenry if you'd like. With the exception of highly skilled and highly capable people, immigrants would start out at a lower tier of citizenry. They would still have rights to say not be beaten up or killed without reason, but wouldn't have such rights as say a right to speak in local assemblies where they are discussing local problems or serve in the police force. Maybe they also get a pretty damned heavy tax.

Now let's say their kids get to be in a different tier. Maybe we give them a slightly large tax but they are allowed to serve in the military or police force. Maybe doing "promoted" work such as policing or military service actually get's their parents better treatment. Whatever. At this point they also get mandatory education and such for purposes of fitting into the culture.

And then the kids after that get full citizenship.

>And illegals basically have minimal civil rights and work for pennies.
yes, the people coming from shitty failed third world countries and criminals

what you wont see is the kind of people who are moving to america because some weapons manufacturer offered them a job making targeting chips moving to those conditions

So we add in some exception into the rules for specially talented people. That's no big deal. Most countries have some kind of fast track for that already.

once again, unless you are the only country of your kind nobody but the most desperate would come- and they are exactly the people you dont wont coming.

except thats a fair chunk of immigration, whats the point of making a comprehensive system when all you will be using it for is exploiting the worthless third world trash you should have just refused?

>Neconomicon
No catgirl dolls allowed

I dont know man. You're looking down on immigrants pretty hard there. You provide the right incentives and immigrants that know the shitty alternative work pretty damn hard sometimes.

Besides, who's to say we cant just secretly support some war somewhere and get heir people to leave?

I mean you can have your ideological and racial wars, and I'll have my slow immigration process teach them how to be a true citizen ok? You do you.

>TFW no nekonomicon

>lllegals have minimal civil rights and work for pennies.
Because they are not CITIZENS of the US and don't deserve Civil Rights of the country they are not legally part of.

Illegals who are in the US military are good bois who deserve rights.

very well, you take the ahmeds and joses and ill take the economic migrants from other first world countries

so while you teach people what your values are I wont have to, since ill only accept people who already share my values

Autocracy, Oligarchy, Monarchy, Federation and so on, its' all been listed out, all I need is to spruce it up a bit.

Thanks for your contributions.

If America was the number one destination for Immigration, what would be second place?

I'm going to post two ideas, and I'd like to know which you guys would prefer.

The first is a CYOA where you get to pick whether you'd rather be a Lich, Vampire, or Werewolf, and from there, how you came to be a Lich/Vampire/Werewolf, and your various abilities.

Each type would have three different "skill trees" (see image) and your origins would effect point distribution.

It'd be spread over about 3-4 pages, and would be fairly long.

The other one is basically a waifu CYOA, but with Eldritch abominations in lieu of waifus.

Justification/world building will be paper thin at best. The various "girls" will come and be your roommate. That's all I got for this one.

>only accept people who already share my values

I.... I don't think that's how things will work out.

Your culture and manpower is going to be pretty fucked up. And that's coming from the guy with slavery.

The one that's not solely based around waifus.

Does The End mean that you immediately die? ("Your mind dies")

>accept immigrants from other first world countries
>any immigrant must take a values test, if they fail they get thrown out- literally if they have to be

>second place
the EU I imagine