Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Balance Edition

>Imperial Guard Preview. Rough Riders squatted.
youtube.com/watch?v=_8-bVavjVBs&t=

>FAQ for Death Guard, Ad Mech and Thermal Cannon. Infinite Poxwalkers edition.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/multipart-plague-marines-the-biologus-putrifier-and-more/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for the WAAAGH!!!!

First for Dorn.

First for the emperor!

Guard codex when?

Anyone else have COOL and FLUFFY pov shots like these?

Dubs nonetheless honourable battle brother!

CODEX DAEMONS WHEN

THEY ARE SO BORING

>Admech FAQ fixed nothing

Motherfuckers.

>Thousand Sons can use CSM stratagems so long as they bring a CSM detachment
Looks like dog is back on the menu, boys.

Oh GW, please keep being cheeky little shits.

I guess this settles that.

Makes Pozwalkers pretty good, weirdly enough with cultists. Have 20 cultists die infront of them and suddenly your pozwalkers double up.

They must've caught it.

That's thematic as fug. Herd cultists to their death so they can become Nurgle's daemonic toys.

i´ll still wait for december for our shiny new codex and hopefully 1 or 2 units to put some dogs down

also need to get a lot paint on models, since i hate playing grey

>poxwalkers
GW and their goddamn copyright names. A zombie is a zombie, damnit.

Is the leman russ vanquisher worth taking with double shots, or is it still overshadowed by every other variant?

Hey, if I converted a Defiler into a Admech vehicle, what should I run it as? I just got a built, but unpainted defiler from a friend.

Also, heres a WIP Dominus I have

Poxwalker is a decent name.

happy birthday 40kg
someone who was 4 when this site launched can browse here legally now!

>december for our shiny new codex
Has this been corroborated in any way or is still based on Foley hinting that Thousand Sons weren't too far off?

Best I got. Company Commander charging into melee to finish off the last Nid Warrior.

The FAQ really buffs Chaos in general.

Death Guard with a side batallion can get so much.

Just bring 2 sorcerers with 30 cultists and you gain: access to CSM stratagems, 3 command points and access to Dark Hereticus powers (Best physic tree so far, particularly with Mortarion).

Where's that Iron Warriors-esque face from?

>what should I use my crab-tank as in the other army with a crab-tank
Probably the crab-tank.

Renegade Knight

Are CSM going to getting new models any time soon?

Oh, thats a alternate head for the Knight. I got it from rummaging through the bits bin at the FLGS

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/multipart-plague-marines-the-biologus-putrifier-and-more/

New Pre-Orders coming next week.

7 Plague Marines £30

Plague Marine Banner Guy £15 (Not a unique character, just a cool looking model for your Plague Marines).

Plague Marine Champion with Lumpy (Again, not a unique character. Just cool looking and meant to go with your Plague Marines).

Biologus Putrifier (Your grenade guy. Can be good in some meme lists.)

Any Good ideas for alternate heads to use on the GW Nurgle DP? Bugeye slackjaw Mc tardface is getting old.

Okay, thanks.

What's a bits bin like? Is it expensive?

Problem is, its almost twice as big as a Dune Crawler. It also lacks a base.

Run it as a heretek machine with defiler profile then.

So how useful are these unnamed models this edition?

Pink Horors aren't good because of Smite (average of 0.667 MW a turn, dropping to 0.333 MW below ten models- ie most of the time), they're good because they're fairly durable, fairly cheap bodies.

A Tzeentch list using Pinks isn't a power list. Git gud.

>tfw Emps will never reincarnate in female form

Plaguecrawler from the back looks quite cool.

which model comes with that little guy?

Are there any decent alternatives for Ork Boyz? Their heads are great, but I hate the broken spine look. The best I've come up with so far is savage orks.

They mention our flying daemon engines a couple times in the Index. Maybe we'll get the Fire Lord.

See this post.
Its the Plague Marine Champion. Comes out in 2 weeks.

Death guard champion

>implying you didnt browse and shitpost before 18

Noice.

Nothing says cool like a horde of unpainted Imperial Guardsmen.

release day i guess

When?

the last. sadly.

Find a flaw.

Yeah, It's grown on me, like so many of Nurgles gifts, also it's among the few things to look better in DG greens than Pallid Hand white.

If every Russ variant got to double their turret fire, how would it's relative standing change?

Your asking two entirely different and non-exclusive questions. Yes, it's worth taking now, but it's still overshadowed by other Russ variants.

>Cool and Fluffy

>Unpainted

Thou may select 1 (!one) from the above list.

No stock AC option.

>99 pts

next SAT?!

Plague Champion.

It looks like a tank, but there's no access hatches. Must be a daemonic engine I guess. But it's not daemony looking. Am confus

>Grey Knights steel themselves against the onrushing Chaos/Ork horde
Camera is shit.

>all minis painted
>all based
>actual terrain and not just Styrofoam garbage

So this is what the game could be if people only tried.

Is GW really going to charge $30 for a plague marine with a PFist?

It is a Daemon Engine but doesn't look like one.

Its weird.

Who didn't? But that was a long time ago

It's gonna be a pain in the sss to replace that plague sword.

Why does every Champ have that combo?

At least it'l be easy to replace that awful head.

For Commorragh?

Also, have this one 40kg
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Does the Defiler look like a Daemon engine?

No, they are charging 30$ for Lumpy. The Plague Champion is extra.

>Mfw I started going here when I was 10
Where does the time go?

They charged hundreds for a CE codex that was outdated before it even shipped.

>does an enormous mechanical crab covered in spikes and topped with a leering helmeted head look daemonic
Yes?

Seems like a good deal if you ask me, better than $35 for a Chaplain.

>They charged hundreds for a CE codex that was outdated before it even shipped.
?

Wait what? Poxwalkers can eat their own allies? Since when?
Because I'm pretty sure they physically have to kill the target for the zombification to happen.

You reminded me story from irl
>some tabletop store invited us to show off our miniatures to customers and play a game
>we took all painted terrain we had in club
>barely scraped 750 pts painted minies
>borrowed city ruin mat from some guy
That was some potemkin village level of bullshit

That model comes with a helmet option, as I recall.

There is a stratagem which makes any model (Other than a Pozwalker) who dies, join a Pozwalker unit.

You can for example, have 40 cultists and 20 pozwalkers behind them, and cast the flies stratagem on the pozwalkers so they can't be targetted, and as soon as your opponent (Who must be a retard) starts killing your cultists, you turn them all into Poxwalkers... and then when you only have 1 cultists alive you use the stratagem to start them again (Because you can use CSM stratagems as per FAQ if you have a CSM detachment).

Oh boy, I can't wait for my army to get a codex in the near future...

Or 40 for single HQ choice.

Man, you Death Cucks better not ruin this FAQ ruling before we get a Thousand Sons codex.

I know, but then I'll have to relocate Lumpy.

That's 6 CP

How did Typhus turn out so shitty after how good Ahriman was? Even everyone's favorite pig-tails wearing psychopath didn't turn out as bad as Typhus.

Oh wow, that's pretty damn neato. However, Poxwalkers have a max capacity of 20, and as far as I know, even though you can add past your starting strength, you sure as hell can't add past max capacity, so you'd need two groups of 10 poxwalkers.

Looks like the slaaneshi head from the standard CSM kit.

Alternatively, have the cultist sit on an objective and the poxwalker next to them but not on the objective. Pop stratagem. Place the new poxwalkers so that they grab the objective.

Any tau folks here mind giving me some input on my 1k list? Tried to make it more of an all comer as my local meta is very diverse but I know I am lacking anti-armor but I'm hoping the missiles hail can make up for it

Outrider
HQ/Warlord: Longstrike, Railgun, 2 SMS, 6+ FNP trait
FA: 5 Pathfinders. x2
FA: 6 Drones, 5 gun 1 shield. x2
DT: Devilfish, BC, 2 Drones. (will ferry the other drones)
HS: HBH Gunship, 2 HYMPs, 2 SMS. x2

1 for Pozwalkers.
1 for Cloud of Flies.
2 for respawning cultists.

Its not that bad.

Nigga what? If you can add past your starting stength, and its 20... you can go up to much more.

>Anyone else have COOL and FLUFFY pov shots like these?
>unpainted

For Commoragh.

No blight hauler?

My Ork buddy and I used to play together all the time before I moved, great Steel Legion vs Ork matchups back when both our codices were MEH, but well balanced against each other. We were also the only two hobbyists in the store community who regularly made painting progress on their armies.

A couple of times we'd be playing down in the store's basement level and random comic book buyers or foot traffic from outside would wander in and watch, always amazed that all that stuff could be painted by hand and how cool it was to look at. Makes you feel taller.

People who don't embrace the aesthetic side of the hobby are really missing out. The games are more fun to play, win or lose. You like your collection more. so much in fact you probably post pictures online too often and annoy people, like those normies and their photos of their children.

Unless they changed it in the codex (which I don't own, so feel free to correct me) Poxwalkers come in units of 10, up to a max of 20.

Has Dunc ever done a daily tip on how to paint Hexwraith robes? Because I really want to do those colours for my Skitarii robes n shit.