Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Deep Strike edition.

Last >Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/09/13/top-itc-tournament-lists-august-2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for riptide buffs

what's the most fun guard regiment? what's your favourite guard build that isn't cuckscripts spam?

Are DG Defilers any good?

no

No more than the regular ones.
Also no Warpsmith for repairs.

Is it cheese not to take a riptide or two in a list now?

Also, what does the death strike missle launcher do now that blasts are gone?

Riptides went from OP straight to trash

>Also, what does the death strike missle launcher do now that blasts are gone?
It does a bunch of shots. What else would it do?

Armoured company seems like a lot of fun. I might paint up a second Enginseer when I get more Battle tanks.

So I see they're in the "don't use!" category now like the rapier guns are.

Oh wow, even with that Vanquishers underperform greatly.

Thanks user.

While it'd make no real difference besides extra work I'd rather fire 1 shot that does dX hits.
Just feels better thematically.
Like saves before wounds.

Lets get some more POV, epic board shots.

Recon company ready to scout ahead!.

>Current index
>Playing anything but commanderspam
Maybe drones and a fireblade but anything any unit can do, a commander can do better.

post games

How would you make a Krieg regiment into Your Dudes? The different scale, resin, and theme of "identical expendable equipment" means kitbashing or unique per-model painting kind of goes out the window, and about the only people who even survive long enough are your officers or marshals, so you get maybe four Dudes in your army.

Nice Sisters of the Argent Shroud.

Cheesiest Ynarri lists ?

Cheesiest dickbag ynarri lists? Wanna stamp my authority on my friends

before 30k died

anything with a solitaire

I've painted more Wyches since I took this, I swear.

Playing in an Apocalypse game today tg. It's kind of fun, but so many people brought big things like Knights and Spartans. I don't have anything huge so I was hoping to fight troops. I also didn't know we weren't using detachments, so I filled things out with tons of Berserkers and CSM. Currently fighting off Blood Angels and thinking about why I love painting infantry so much.

Ive got one, wondering what else i can add to be a total dickbag. Thinking yvraine with 2×5 dark reapers, 3 ravager and 3 flyers

Yep, I can't find any scenario where the vanq doesn't suck. More shots is better than less shots - the vanq needs to make those shots WAY better to counter the reduced number.

You'd need to give it 2D6 damage or S12 AP-4 to make it interesting.

I'd go for the 2D6 damage personally. It's still not reliable enough to be competitive but at least when it hits, wounds, gets through armour it really hits hard. Characterful and different to the other options.

Yes, that thing does in fact gain the ability to recon thanks to the Tallern Regiment Strategem. Though personally I think three Punishers is the better use.

ap-4 damage D3+d3? With a reroll to wound?

Or, +1 BS and AP-4 could be okay. More accurate and penetrates armour better. Makes it about equal to the BC.

Both a Wraithguard heavy list and a Warp Spider heavy list have placed top 3 at ITC events. I doin't think there's a definitive "best" Ynnari list at this point.

AP-4 damage 2D3 is kinda okay.

Unpainted models in my hobby store? I'm guessing that's not GW...

Do I want Combi-Bolters or Combi-Plasma on Blightlords?

Combi Bolters with rapid fire are going to put out 16 shots at S4, with 0 AP and 1D, Plasma will do 8 shots at S7, with -3 AP and 1D. Blight Launcher accompanying.

Big price difference, but I don't know how well the "more shots is best" approach fits here

Sadly, with Commander nerfs, though hardly undeserved. Why they felt the need to give the "we have zero melee or psychic but great shooting" army BS4+ across the board is beyond me.

Don't have any recent pics. So fuck it have one of my favorites from the twilight of 7th.

>Hey, brother, what've that to our left?
>What do you mean Battle bro-oh shit.

How long should a 1000 point game last?

Except 30k is still around.

hour-hour and a half max, no setup time included.

If you take two Riptides you're asking to autolose. Obscenely overcosted and not even that good at shooting (I recommend looking at the Mathhammer sheet in the OP (docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing this one) and going to the points-per-wound bit on the Riptide, it's depressing).

It wasn't the wall of WarmaHordes that tipped you off, inspector?

I thought warp spiders were trash now, and shadow spectres out performed them completely?

I was thinking

Airwing
3× Razorwing Jetfighter

Spearhead
Yncarne
3× Reaper

Spearhead
Yvraine
Solitaire
3×4 dark reapers

Or make it more reliable, 3+d3

Stealth Suits? They're well-costed, decent balance of shooty and tough and can even hold to a bit of customization.

Lots of long range infantry doesn't seem the best in Ynnari simply due to the range of soulburst. Some support from vehicles or reapers is fine, but you want to have plenty of good infantry or bikes that can operate at proximity to the enemy.

I hear Wave Serpents are still retarded.

You're army isn't "We're Great at shooting". It's "We have great GUNS". But your S5 AP5 infantry rape guns, BS-boosting drones, and triple-weapon never degrading robots got nerfed into the ground, or price-costed into the ceiling so now those advantages are no longer quite so prevalent.

Ive had some success with 3 troupes 2 masters 1 seer, spawning the yncarne with ravager and scourge support.

bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/09/13/top-itc-tournament-lists-august-2017/

Yeah Harlies seem like a solid option to base a Ynnari list on because again, they're operating up close.

I'm guessing this means my Inquisitorial Rosette is revoked?

Had a tournament bout a week ago, 750 points here are the two Ynarii lists:

Solitaire
Troupe Master
Skyweaver with 5 Harlies with Fusion Pistols
Ycarne

2# (I found this one was stronger)
Yvraine
2 Squads of 3 Dark Reapers (fuck those guys are gud)
2 Wave Serpents
A couple Trueborn to fill out the rest of the points.

But other than pulse rifles tau guns are mediocre as fuck, plasma can’t even overcharge.

>tfw I have 18 xv25 suits and want more
send halp, there is no way all of these are going to be used in any list I build

Yeah, stinking up the place with its bloated corpse. Lets poke it with a stick, maybe it'll let out a wet fart in the form of Angelus within the next year and a half.

Ion can, though. Plasma is still pretty meh since it's D1, but it's there.

*childish shooting noises*

Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I like the sound of the Mordians.

They are not as strong as the other regiments in terms of getting you more damage on the field, but they do help address IGs weakness vs melee. If your cadian punisher got charged, you'd be kinda fucked but a Mordian one can overwatch on a 4+ potentially, that seems good. And Guard are good on their own, not like you need big buffs to make them work so you probably can afford to shore up your weaknesses.

Sure you can take a few, they are pretty good if you don't overdo them.
Pathfinders are decent too.
Maybe a SS if you're feeling lucky going first.

But the rest is kind of shit that costs maybe 15-20% more than it should if it were supposed to be viable with the stats they have.

Having gotten to 2000 points of IG and 3d printed an imperial knight warden for my collection I'm pondering adding a super heavy of either the Macharius family or Baneblade family, don't know which to go with, between Macharius Vanquisher, Vulcan, Classic Baneblade, or the fuck you giant plasma cannon Baneblade (whose name eludes me and FW no longer sells).

Thanks, the rankings look awful right now (not a deldar in sight) but interesting reading

Do you guys know of any companies that make alternative Imperium assassins? I was thinking about running more than one and don't want them all to be the same.

>That moment when you play a swarm army and your opponent somehow doesn't manage to really kill any of your units

>Surprise thermal cannon buff

A BS3+ D6 shot lascannon with better AP and reroll damage within 18" and ignores move and shoot penalty is actually pretty decent for being the budget gun

It also reliably beats the rapid fire battle cannon against T8 and is still slightly better against T7 and below. The battlecannon is only really better against multiple model units now, the thermal is plain better at anti vehicle as it really should have been.

What is the best tyranid monstrous creature to supplement my genestealer cults? [Spoiler]No tervigons.[/spoiler]
Are maliceptors good now?

Just make a full Stealth list user. Shadowsun, Ghostkeels, Stealth Drones, and a fuckload of XV25s. Maybe a few Breachers/Darkstrider if you must.

I blame the Markerlight Tax. If it only took one ML counter for the +1 to hit then everything would be properly costed (minus Commanders and Gun Drones who'd be absurd).

Wait for the codex. It's going to be insane.

They are the hardest of them all, they hold when commissars break, they operate as efficiently and precisely whether on a parade in the rain or on fire in a toxic swamp.

The rules are just sprinkles

Revised 1ksons/AL list. Is Ahriman worth it without a Disc? I'm using the extra points for a Malefic Lord so I can have a Battalion instead of a Patrol.

Could this deal with all these tankspam IG lists that are gonna come up, or should I cave and get Magnus?

1995/2000

Thousand Sons Battalion

HQ - Ahriman - 131

HQ - Malefic Lord - 30

Troops - Tzaangors - 70

Troops - Tzaangors - 70

Troops - Tzaangors - 70

Elites - Scarab Occult - 227

Alpha Legion

HQ - Lord - 74
Teeth of the Hydra

Heavy Support - Predator - 190
4x Lascannon

4x Lascannon

4x Lascannon

Heavy Support - Vindicator - 135
HQ - Daemon Prince of Slaanesh - 170
Wings

Elites - Rubric Marines - 112
Soulreaper

Soulreaper

Soulreaper

Soulreaper

Get the Boxed game assassins.

looking at the leaked shots, vostroyans get essentially power armour ( 1+ Strength/ 2+ armour save) as their special item...awesome

Oh yeah aren't nids supposed to be right after guard?

sause

What happened to 30K?

>FW shit

Instantly stopped reading.

Nothing, nothing at happening Is what happened to it.

Either right after Guard or after the next one in a week or two.

The playtesters said that the Nid codex is the most insane one, even more than Guard.

Playtester chatter

>FW Meme
Instantly recursively filtered

Eldar and Nids are the next codexes, no idea on who's going to be first.

Thats what I was thinking, I am also holding out hope for a new Ghostkeel HQ option when the codex comes out, I fucking love the model and it would give me an excuse to own 3

What's your favorite nurgling?

Another fun fact

You may have noticed that the Knight Atrapos seems like a plain worse knight paladin for more points and a bit of a gambling problem

What you may not have noticed is that it's "reroll all failed hits and wounds" rule on its sword actually doubles its average damage on a t8 3+ target over the reaper chainsword, from 10 to 20.

So yeah, get in melee. It loves it there.

Tau codex will likely include "Commander in a ___" setup ala GMNDK. Think IG had something like that too?
Might be in a Riptide though

Anyone else find it amazing that the Destroyer tank hunter in 40k is said to be a rarity, yet the vehicle it's based on in Terra's history was cheaper to make than actual tanks?

wow, so what did they say about the Guard codex? did they even bother playtesting it?

Like?

If true it doesn't bode well for the games future.

>want to game with newly painted minis
>ask the guys
>all deny my request
>hear that everyone from my gamegroup jumped the WHFB nostalgia train
>now I have nobody to play 40K with
>mfw

How are Deldar right now? Lookin to start a new army, and the space raiders sound fun.

It's the gun that's the issue.