Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Plagueburst Cralwer Edition

>Imperial Guard Preview. Rough Riders squatted.
youtube.com/watch?v=_8-bVavjVBs

>FAQ for Death Guard, Ad Mech and Thermal Cannon. Infinite Poxwalkers edition.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

First for unnamed characters!

It looks happy with his party hat.

>no top five squigs

So are GW finally making tanks that aren't just modified Rhinos?

Now that we've migrated Veeky Forums do you ever get sick of playing your army? My thousand sons games are starting to all become the same. Hit on 3s. Wound on 4s. 8 AP -2 wounds. Smite your shit. Stay out of cc. Are all the armies just the same every game? The other factions im eyeing up is tau and Dark Eldar but that's just more good shooting. I like orks but again I'd take shoota boys. How do I break the monotony, tg?

You sure user?

fpbp. fluffy lists > forced stuff.

my dudes > your dudes

>implying you can't make fluffy lists with named characters

Do you anons think that orks are under powered in 8th? I have heard a lot of people saying that they are, and many others saying the opposite. What do you think?

Who would win: Nurglings or Squigs?

Getting sort of tired of playing Sisters.
Every game I just roll forward in Immolators and burn everything to the ground.
Still love playing IG, shit never gets boring.

Whoops never mind

So now the Guard codex has been entirely spoiled, what's Veeky Forums's concensus? Is it 7th edition Tau tier? Is it in fact the new Eldar? Or is it merely good?

Squigs have squigoths

Wait, the only way to get a Primaris Captain in Gravis armor is through one of the sets? I don't want to pay $75 for a bunch of DG models.

plasma pistol vanguard vets deepstrike with a plasma pistol captain a worthwile investment? Power weapons or chainswords?

Why not both?

Team up and take on all comers.

ebay

I just hope everyone has fun and exciting games with whatever army they enjoy :)

What normal marine units are a good addition to the primaris from Dark Imperium and Know No Fear? Assault Marines, Termies, Veterans?

What is the worst faction in the game right now and why is it Blood Angels?

I'm not that user, but, plasma is good for teleporting units, since they wont be within 6 when they deepstrike.

Don't you guys get Inferno pistols though?

Can someone explain the party hat?
Please don't bully me I have crippling autism

fuck you faggot!

Depending on how important WYSIWYG is to you, you could play a more generic force and play around with the faction keywords to change play styles as you see fit

>150 boyz running up the field, each with 4 attacks at str 4 with a nob, each unit with 30 leadership
>That's just half the list

I hate fighting orks so much.

>squiglings

It's Veeky Forums's birthday user! Don't forget you're here forever.

It's your birthday user

One guy at my LGS plans on bringing green tide to our next tourney, that's a lot of boyz to mulch through

Recon company, reporting sir! Gathering intel as we speak!.

>It is I, Lord Kaldor Draigo, supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights and my personal bodyguard of Paladins, each of whom are some of the most important heroes in the galaxy!
>We have come to destroy you, vile fiends! For I, Kaldor Draigo, have deemed that it is necessary for me and my bodyguard to PERSONALLY ensure the eradication of these random, feral tyranid creatures here today. Indeed, there is not one single battle in the entire galaxy that is currently more important than this sole battle!!

Is it weird that I have every unit named by specific patterns (e.g. every infanatry squad named 'NAME I' or 'NAME II' etc.) or would this be considered 'cool fluff'?

I think it's just that 8 don't have a codex desu. I don't have cool stratagems or psychic powers or anything. Once I get the DG treatment I'll be so happy.

Movement phase = smoke break phase

Im trying to identify this guy's head, any help?

Looks like a scion head

Damn I've been here three years and never saw that
I hope everyone doesn't become uninterested in Veeky Forums once it turns 18 like with other things here

tempestus scion head, from command squad

>8 don't have a codex desu.
Wow. Note to self, my phone aurocorrects me into an autist

Negative. Reassigned to superheavy auxiliary support company.

It's cool.

Tempestus Scions. The phone is from the same kit.

Scions.
The beard might be greenstuffed, though.

>Been here since 2011
>Still remember the day the sticky went up

What were people buthurt about back then?

Thanks all. hugs and kisses

Mat Ward's books.

Or really you can just look at 1d4chan since it's stuck in the 2011-2012 era, memes and all.

So much for Superfriends being dead...

So the FAQ confirms you get access to CSM stratagems if you play Death Guard, if you run a detachment of them.

Is it worth doing? Maybe a couple of sorcerers and cultists to get a cheap batallion.

Also what legion? Alpha Legion? Iron Warriors or something?

Assault termies, hands down. Primaris completely lack a tankie hard hitting melee unit.

Leviathan dreads go well with anything

To make things exciting and hilarious, what Imperial Guard super heavy should I pick up for my mechanized guard (yes I still play that, no I'm not painting a bunch of conscripts, I'll go insane from the copy pasta painting). The traditional baneblade looks good, but, so does the stormlord, and shadowblade. Current collection can deal with most things other than full body spam. Not opposed to FWing it up for a Macharius either, Vanquasher and Vulcan look fun.

Marauder destroyer is boss hoss

So, a Mark XXXIII Bolo goes up against the Imperium in a ground war. What does the Imperium have to send to destroy this thing (only ground units)?

Stormlord because DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA

>I always have to think of the worst possible scenarios for my arguments

How about if Kaldor Draigo and his elite bodyguard are fighting Daemons/CSMs? What then?

Stormlord filled with heavy weapons teams

Three squads of Astartes

Are traitor guard still a thing? Can csm all with them? Been away from the game for years.

I want cool tanks but don't want to be an imperial bitch.

>I live in a world where all my opponents play the one army where my named character makes sense

I built mine as a baneblade. Couldn't care less if it's not as OP as variant X, can't beat the classics.

300 conscripts with flashlights

If I want a flyer for anti-armor, what's better a Stormraven or Stormtalon?

Maruader Destroyer sounds hilariously fun, just wish it had an Earthshaker cannon shoved out the side of it.

Stormlord would give me a better platform for my heavy weapons teams than dumping them in an aegis at deployment.

There's the Renegades and Heretics provided by FW in the Astra Militarum Index, but the consensus is that their rules are rushed garbage.

They can still work as allies for other Chaos factions, but they're a bit pants on their own.

Okay seriously though, what level of Titan would they have to send?

Does it have a pilot?
If so have a psyker melt his/her brain

One squad of Astartes

How are necrons in 8th? Specifically always loved their vehicles. Viable?

Reaver, Hell i reckon an Imperial guard Shadowsword company could get it done.

The full guard codex been leaked yet? I want my cheese.

Anyone have experience with Chinacast sentinels?

Thinking of grabbing some for my tallarns.

one very shiny box

What makes you think this thing is anything special in the 40k universe? Half of the factions in the game have some means of teleporting inside it and killing the crew .

>Teleport Terminator assault squad on top of tonk
>RIP tonk crew

>Marines but red
>A "faction"

My argument was that you can make fluffy lists with named characters. I proved this. You didn't prove you can't. Conversation done, user.

Teleport a squig inside it with a shokk attack gun
Your move atheists

>Does it have a pilot?
Yes and no. There is a single pilot for some reason, but the tank itself is entirely controlled by an onboard AI.

they are cheap, but also crappy, what did you expect ?

What could this be a hint to???

That is kind of how I feel as well, in a lot of ways, it isn't lack luster to me. 2d6 str 9 -3 ap damage 3 is pretty sexy at blowing vehicles up, slap on four sponsons, two with twin heavy flamers and two with twin heavy bolters and it is one hell of a fluffy anvil.

We're not in a great place, the transition to 8th wasn't kind. That said, we're still fine for casual as everything works, just not always efficiently.

soon to become 3D6

One of the worst armies currently. Everything is over-costed, forces you to spam units of warriors, very bad anti-tank and C-tan powers are nowhere near as useful as psychic powers. You can make them work but most games will be an uphill battle.

On the topic of 'your dudes', I imagine a lot of people don't mind doing 'counts as' as long as the model is accurate, right? Personally I'm having a hard time thinking my Inquisitor is going to be as strong as a Chapter Master or something like that. So I'll have to improvise. Am I the only one who does this?

Also, Do any of you guys develop backstory for 'your dudes'? Write up battle diaries of when you fought and how it went. Like miniature fanfiction.

I dont see how this is superfriends user

Certain models come out shitty as fuck and some come out looking exactly like GW shit out the box. That is why i am asking.

Kek. Deploying the scrapcode now. Nothin personnel AI.

Thousand times folded plastic blade that cuts through marines like ご飯

Do you think they could make the vehicles look a little more like little kids toys from Argos?

Dorn!

Is a new codex expected any time soon?

I have a book of grudges for my fantasy dwarfs.

Fulgrim or Lucius

Warhound, plasma blastgun or turbo laser destroyer or both gg

I didn't like Typhus very much. I hope he doesn't fuck up twice.

AIs aren't used by most factions for a reason
They are easily manipulated or daemonically possessed

oh yes, that is very nice.