Stand Still Stay Silent: It Continues

At the request of dear user, let us plunge into the depths once more. To start off, have any of you considered looking at any of the other work by the same author?

The RPG cover mock-up I made, complete with tentative title. Character sheet mock-up coming soon!

has anybody even discussed a system yet?

Well, I'm working on that too. I have some decent ideas that I'll probably get around to posting tomorrow.

Why the eternal spamming
Is someone going to release a system and pre-shill the market or something?

Not spamming. Its just near-impossible to get any true discussion going for this comic. The only place I've even seen people talk about it aside from the forum, is /co/, and even then those threads die -fast-. Lasting only a couple hours at most.

Apocalypse World might be a decent start

Shadowrun might be good, depending on how lethal and granular you want it. Although I hear Blades in the Dark is easier.

Savage worlds maybe? I know its not great but a general system light that might handle the magic and modern tech combination well.

Alright, here's my first attempt at a Character Sheet. It's using a system I'm currently developing, which is an amalgamation of several popular systems.

However, I'm not a game developer, so it'll take me a while to work out the kinks, and I'm always open to suggestions.

I plan on using CoC with the gaslight book.
>i enjoy the narrative possibilities woth d%
>plenty of archetypes
>every skill could be useful
>combat is easy and lethal
>if your con is over # you are immune
>gives me a reason to reduce guns and pointless NPCs while encouraging Role Play and creative thinking about combat
That way my sister will have an excuse to play with other people and PCs that will differ greatly from hers. Also she bought me the books for christmas.

Looks good for a first draft, but one thing. There should probably be a temperature mechanic with the armor and clothing, so you might want to consider leaving space for you to work with, even though you haven’t gotten to the mechanic yet.

I don't know why, but this page scares me. Something about the thought of this woman succumbing to the disease so quickly and the calm look in her eyes scares me.

I do like the visual style you choose, I think it evokes the setting.

Yeah, right now I'm just trying to work out how the core mechanic should work. Right now, I have a D100 system that adds [skill ranks] + [core attribute score x 5] + [roll] in order to determine results. CA are capped at 10, while Skills are capped at 50. The idea is that when characters start out, they can be hyper-competent in a single area, yet deficient in nearly every other, promoting teamwork and roleplay. Or they can be a mix of several skills, which allows them to be more skillful in more areas, but aren't as highly specialized.

This means that actions with threshold of 25 are considered easy, 50, average, 100 difficult, 150 extremely difficult, 200 next to impossible.

After this is worked out, then I'll be working on the Wound + Combat mechanics, which should probably include your Temperature statistic. Good idea!

Thanks! There's a lot of space that can be better utilized, but once I finalize the mechanics, it'll be easier to re-arrange.

Shadows Of Esteren has a magic system that might be good for this

At least she seemed to be at peace with the knowledge of heritage nevi table demise. Probably wasn't so OK with the thought of her soul forever being trapped in a decaying caricature of her body being piloted by an unfathomable and evil intelligence, though.

Posting possible rulebook chapter covers.

This is so fucking cool. Keep up the good work user!

>mfw I realized these are all dudes

This shit is awesome. I expect a pdf of everything combined at some point?

Thanks!
Down the road, yeah. Right now trying to figure out mechanics. I feel like there isn't a system that would be 100% perfect for the setting, so it might be better to create something new (albeit drawing from other systems).

Blades in the dark might actually be one of the most genius suggestions I've heard. It can be tweaked, with a bit of working, to fit in this bleak setting. Especially since magic is already so esoteric in the setting.

Or, y'know, we could go with this guy's thing. Because it looks fucking awesome.

Rulebook Intro:

One hundred and eleven years after the fall of civilization, humanity has established a foothold against the darkness of the Silent World, the world that once was. Cities are growing and commerce is exploding, all thanks to the Vikingr – warriors, pathfinders, and adventurers that bear the title of their ancient ancestors.

Emboldened by tales of recovering the Old World’s glory (and the massive profits to be found in doing so), these Vikingr plunder the Silent World for lost knowledge, weapons, luxuries, and raw materials, all of which are in high demand.

However, their profession is a dangerous one, for beyond the walls of civilization lies monsters of unfathomable horror, and they guard the ruins they once called home with zealous fervor. Though they cower in the cold and avoid the light of day, these creatures infest every kilometer of the Silent World. Out there, there is no refuge. No escape.
When confronted with these monsters, it is best to remember the time-honored adage...

Stand Still, Stay Silent.

These look great!

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but what other areas of the world this story can take place in? I know a guy last thread was making the bering strait a place, what others would be isolated enough to survive the disease?

I like it. We gonna see anything about the Bering states, or are you gonna keep to the canon?

I would vote to keep the system focused around canon, to give it focus. Even with that focus it should still be good enough to then be used for other locations.

Thanks! Right now, I'm keeping everything in-canon. If people want to start on splatbooks though, they totally should!

Like what said, the basic (and most concrete stuff) should be in place before new magic systems, cultures, etc. Trying to cram a bunch of new stuff in would just bog the book down.

Last one for tonight.

We can always add Bering states and other stuff in non-canon expansions

Alaska flag from last thread

MFW it was strapped to the bed, so it tried to escape by growing out...

You guys shiuld tweet this to the author.

I think she would like it.

Hey guys. Im the user who made the kamchatka and other Bering maps.

I've gone of to work right now, but I'll be home in the afternoon some time.

Im gonna update my maps to include more population stats, flags and industry locations.

I'll also make a world map showing the strait in its entirety.

I might make one or two more nations. But the suvivor population is already twice as big as canon scandinavia, so its a big IF.

Also from now on im posting under this name

Good to see you are still going

Wouldn't these just be troll generator rules rather than an actual bestiary?

GURPS of course.

Sensible currency rules,
Easy systems for managing towns and growth,
Realistic weather and traveling times,
Gritty combat, several magic systems to choose between.
Rules for henchmen and labour,
Horror and anxiety,

All with minimal or no handwaving

Posting more lore pages for bumps

Both personal and community crafting solutions that take into account available resources,
vast selection of weapons and gadgets,
Real physical simulation for catastrophic events or giant attacks. "Will the wall we reinforced hold?" Will be a real consistent event not just handwaving and a DC25 roll.

>rare cases of trolls able to spread the illness through mere breathing

Now where have i seen that before.

>The Rash is first diagnosed on some refugees in Spain
>within half a week Iceland has closed its borders
Anyone else seem something wrong with this? Did the Icelandic (and Japanese) government know about the disease beforehand?

True, but they do have names for various beast and troll variants that adhere to certain archetypes. (i.e. this pic: , which falls within the more traditional definition of a bestiary)

Why not title it 'The Trapped Ones' or something similar? Troll generation rules with more predefined archetypes being examples?

Hey, that's not a bad idea.

>twice as big as canon
No problem, just halve all the population stats we have and we're good to go

Can you tell me where I can find all this? I'm still attempting to make a novel system, but I'd like to see if I can adapt anything useful and thematic.

Thanks!

>being piloted by an unfathomable and evil intelligence
I'm still pretty sure this isn't the case. We don't know exactly how infected ecology works, but we've seen them bungle things enough to know that at the very least it's not a synchronized 'Nid-style hivemind. Not to mention that the ghosts murdered that skin-kite.

10/10 filename

If you knew anything about the author then you'd know that the "monsters" are probably just the "true" selves of all the non-pureblood Nordics, aka bestial cannibalistic monsters.

Also nice to see these got chased off /co/. Hopefully they'll be stomped out here too.

Ok om back boys.

I did a update of the Kamchatka map (im still shit at making it AESTETIC, but thats what drawfags are for).

Will be moving forward with all my maps, adding more locations based on real world industry, flags for the different nations and tweaking demografic stats.

May I ask why this comic aggrevates you so?
I really don't think it's the /pol/ tier thing you want it to be

Yup that's Kastrup alright.

Nordics released the plague to ethnically cleanse the world for their reconquering. This is treated as an unfortunate but necessary thing by the author.
She's a hyper nationalist NEET with a massively warped view of Nordic mythology who thinks everyone outside her homeland is a literal monster that needs to be burned away with fire.

Looking good!

You got any sources to back that up?

Yeah, one "nordic people are mystified by Mandarin" joke really doesn't sell me on the /pol/ angle. But I guess some people thrive on hyperbole.

updated lore tekst to go with pic:

Great Kamchatka
Population: 85.530
Immunity: 19%
Languages: Russian. Native kamchatkan languages
Religion: Slavic paganism. With a minority of orthodox and native tengrist faiths

Due to its isolation, and the natural defence if the permafrost, kamchatka was spared the blunt of the pandemic.

The area where the penisula conects to the mainland is covered in snow and frost year round, making it difficult or nearly imposible for trolls and infected beasts to cross

The kamtchatkans capitulize on this with the construction of the triple bastions. A series of fortresses, walls, fences and cleared minefields. These baricades, combined woth the harsh conditions, protect the population from the dangers of the mainland.

Kamchatkan russians mostly follow the old gods, of which Perun, Svarog and all the other major gods are populer.
Worship is fairly standardised, with a couple of standerized holy teksts, and a grand temple in the capital Petropavlovsk

One peculier Kamchatkan custom is the veneration of the minor deity Ded Moroz, the bringer of frost and winter. While assosiated with childrens stories and western notions of "santa claus" in the pre-plauge era, Ded Moroz has regained the respect a winter god of death deserves.
He is viewed as the savior and eternal guardian of the peninsuala, due to the harsh cold keeping trolls and grosslings away

9% of the poulation is still eastern orthodox, and in open communion with the patriarch in Vladivostok, and the autocephalous patriarchy of Alaska

Religious tensions are high, but mitigated by the fact that most orthodox live in their own oblasts.

Kamchatka is as heavily militarised as expected of a nation in a post rash world. Fights with invading trolls do take place at the northern forts. Due to their low immunity rate, Kamchatkan soldier wear gas masks at all times while old and archaic the image of the fearless masked kamchatkan soldier is iconic through the entire strait.

I suppose you believe the creator is a cat-supremacist as well

No but it reinforces the fact that she is a basement NEET with no life experiences.

Wait, you responded to my dumb joke but not the anons seriously asking for sources?

'Cause he's trying to stir shit, user. It's like you've never seen a troll before, geez.

No, I have. Im just really bored and no one's posting anything cool so im trying to entertain myself with conflict.

>It's like you've never seen a troll before, geez.
I couldn't resist.

Now, you. You're my kinda guy user.

>he didn't play Pandemic
Anyway do you guys think there might be floating settlements or ships of survivors too scared to land on the continent? I think there are nomadic people in Asia and South America who live entirely on boats so it could be feasible if not very comfortable way of living.

this guy

It seems these guys would be much safer if they had chainsaws and harpoon guns instead of handguns

If they could find a way to completely negate infection via sea troll then yeah, sure but I guess there'd also be a ton of bats and infected birds they'd have to deal with so no probably not.

>infected birds
Birds don't suffer from the infection. Only mammals can be infected and transmit it.

Well, apparently the ocean is filled with horrible sea beasts, so thatd be a problem. However, int he comic, they say how the Norwegians are experts at hunting them, so I'd say it would be possible, if still difficult.

Well, I know what I'm putting into the Rulebook next.

Please add chainsaw polearms for the extra safety of purifier squads. Gotta keep your distance while dismembering trashing troll beast.

Chainsaws would be absolute suicide considering how unwieldy they are and how quickly trolls can close the distance, and harpoon guns aren't much better. Especially since, as train guards, they would be in very cramped quarters.

Besides, they weren't really expecting an attack, considering they're on an armoured train with buzzsaws mounted on each end.

Yeah, can do. Anyone else have weapons they want included? A list of common nordic/slavic firearms?

Well Norwegians and Japanese do get a +10 to hit and damage to whales.

Unless SSSS technology has advanced considerably (it has regressed), than a chainsaw on a pole-arm is way too heavy to be a effective weapon. While modern day chainsaws have become considerably lighter, that shit just ain't practical even today.

I knew that I just don't know why I wrote it down but yeah the bats mainly.

>slavic firearms
Sawn-off shotgun is a pretty common Slavic firearm

should we open up a doc or something to work on this? we're generating some good shit in these threads

Honestly? Crossbows would be fairly common I'd imagine.

They can be used in varying draw-strengths. They have ammunition large enough to equip varied-loads, like smoke, "Screamer" rounds for signalling, or even pressure-triggered explosives or fire, and they're silent.

I think you confused shotgun with mosin.

>should we open up a doc or something to work on this?
Sadly the moment you move creative activity to more secluded area is the moment it dies

good point. i just wish there was a bit more system discussion, I feel like we haven't made much headway in that department yet.

Well, I meant like old soviet-bloc patterns. They seem to be pretty common judging by the comic, and hunting trolls with a Dragunov sounds fun as fuck.

That reminded me of that story from /k/. Maybe add rare incendiary ammo to the list?

I''m the user who's been posting all the chapter covers, Character sheet, and the rulebook intro. I can have a VERY rudimentary Rulebook up later tonight. That should allow more detailed discussion.

Back with more

Vladivostok Krai
Population 91.120
Immunity: 57%
Languages: Russian
Religion: Orthodoxy 84%. Slavic 16%
Largest settlements: Vladivostok City, Kamen-Rybolov
Because of its more southern position, Vladivostok Krai has taken the role of breadbasket on the community of Bering strait. Compared to the other states, Vladivostok can produce wheat and other crops in its reclaimed farmland. Fishing is still an invaluable food source though, with around 30% of the states food being covered by fish

While lying about as south as Croatia, Vladivostok has a climate equivilent to that of scandinavia. This means that while not as cold as Kamchatka or other northern states, Vladivostok still enjoys some enviormental protection from the infected

When combined with the presence of Vladivostoks national animal, and beloved cultural icon, the Siberian tiger. The unclaimed area is much safer compared to other parts of the silent world.

The tiger, like normal cats, has an uncanny ability to detect the infection and full immunity. The tigers regularily hunt infected animals and trolls, and because of its immunity, has no problem digesting and living off them.

This has made Siberian Tiger a cultural icon, beloved by children and the population as a whole. Especially amongst the pagan minority, who view it as an agent of the gods. It also apears on the flag and CoA

Vladivostok Krai is predominantly Orthodox Christian, there is a widespread belief that it is a holy duty to cleanse away the corrupted wilderness with fire and prayer.
As such, Vladivostok is very agressive in it cleansing expansion, and has made it a ambitious goal to retake their old coastline in its entirety within the next 50 years

Vladivostok boasts the largest army in the Bering strait community, comprising over 30.000 troops. Primary armament is AK pattern of rifle, the largest stock of functioning AK's in the world. A well loved weapon shrouded in great tales and mysticism

You're doing god's work, user.