"Okay, get this, the game's called Dungeons & Dragons, but how often do you actually get to meet dragons? Almost fucking never. So now? You can just PLAY a dragon. Dragonborn. Job fucking done."

"Okay, new idea. Dungeons. The other half of the name. What if... you could play one of those too? Dungeonborn. Fucking boom. Cheque please."

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/53006207/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2018
>What if you could play as a dungeon.
People have been doing that shit for years.

Yeah, but could you play as a half-dungeon?

Half dungeon half dragon hybrid? He'll yeah motherfucker.

That's called being a DM.

Really?

It's called being the DM.

How are you people fucking salty over this after 10 years? Just disallow the race or don't play it. Holy hell.

Keep the dragonborn's stats, but refluff it as the Dragon Clan from Breath of Fire. Pass of their breath attack as their totemic summons.

Done. I just saved you 5 hours of shitposting.

Josef Fritzl is not a PC

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/53006207/
>A conclave of evil wizards gives birth to a self-replicating dungeon deep within the earth

>The dungeon grows day by day as rooms beget rooms

>In time, the whole planet may become one giant dungeon

How about playing as a modified warforged who is a fortress for sentient ants?

Can the warforged shrink enemies to the size of ants and trap them inside its tiny ant dungeon?

The way I see it, you could go two routes. Either have an artificial race of hollowed out tokens with mazes inside then, letting them summon tiny creatures from being a tiny dungeon, or have them be 'dungeon fragments' where they were built to be adaptable self-resetting traps from a megadungeon that became self-aware, so they all have repeating crossbows or other weird things for arms.

This seems like a terrible idea.

Fund it.

>warforged uses ability on the dungeon boss
>spends several days incapacitated due to the ant sized dragon trying to fight its way out
>the ants eventually subdue it, but tell him never to do that again

>Setting where the only two playable races are humanoid dragons created by the primordial dragons and humanoid golems spawned from the deepest dungeons.
I'd play it.

ctrl-F "dungeon man"

no earthbound fans?

>but tell him never to do that again
The way I imagined that character concept, the warforged is mindless and controlled by the ants' popular vote when it has time to be, with a few elected ant representatives for snap decisions.

>tfw you realize that you've been literally going up an ancient dragon's ass for the last several hours

No. Fuck off with your meme game.

>but collectively decide never to do that again

"Okay, get this, the game's called Dungeons & Dragons, but how about we took all the fun and creativity out of it.

Lemmywinks! lemmywinks!

I came here to post this.

Calm down, user. Take a deep breath. Relax.

>In time, the whole planet may become one giant dungeon
>"Presenting our new game: Blame! & Bio-Horrors"

No, that was in 2000.

>shrink enemies to the size of ants and trap them inside its tiny ant dungeon
So a refluffed maze spell like ability?

Begone and return to pfg.

Similar to that. The main differences would be that the maximum duration is unlimited and the caster and the target can still attack each other, although the target has a massive penalty to physical attacks due to its size.

That is Dungeon World.

I needed this chuckle today. Keep being Veeky Forumseezus

>2008
>"Okay, get this, the game's called Dungeons & Dragons, but how often do you actually get to meet dragons? Almost fucking never. So now? You can just PLAY a dragon.

Council of Wyrms came out in like 1994.