Veeky Forums metathread

What do you think about Mage Guild threads being moved to /qst/ by our mod even though they don't have anything to do with what the sticky on /qst/ says that board is for? What other types of Veeky Forums threads that our mod dislikes are you expecting to be banned from this board in the coming weeks?

How do you feel about /qst/ being used as "the board for Veeky Forums things that our mod doesn't like"?

What do you think about Veeky Forums metathreads getting the autosage?

They wouldn't get autosaged if they were used for their intended purpose.
Discussing how cute Ribbon is.

>mods actually doing things

Well, if they can minimize the real-world controversy (i.e. political, racial, otherwise) spilling over into Veeky Forums, I'll be happier.

There are many places where people can discuss those things, however angrily or unpleasantly, but this board is not an appropriate place for it.

I think it's bullshit how Veeky Forums is losing their identity more and more, year after year, because brainlets are too stupid to use the filter system and mods have no idea where to draw the line.

Like, c'mon son, what the fuck do we honestly talk about here? What is it about tabletop that can carry an entire board's worth of conversation?

Jack and shit, that's what.

>How do you feel about /qst/ being used as "the board for Veeky Forums things that our mod doesn't like"?
I'm completely ok with it. I welcome greater mod presence because this board has become a shithole of trolling and false flagging. All ((((roleplaying)))) threads, worldbuilding threads, and writefaggotry should be migrated to /way. They have no relation to /tg other than being related to fantasy/sci-fi. All "how do you do x?" Posters should get a 1 day ban if they do not state what system they are talking about, because right now every fucking thread is a pointless discussion. Basically make it clear this board is for people who actually PLAY traditional games.

>ITT creativity-fags and questfags that don't roll dice being butthurt
This is always how it goes.

Kill yourself, questfag.

Quests were fine when every board contained its own relevant quests. When moot decided that ALL quests should come to Veeky Forums was when Veeky Forums got drowned in quests.

Veeky Forums really carved off a good chunk of Veeky Forums culture

Veeky Forums suffers from two deathblows that will lead to its eventual death as a board. All quests of all kind coming to Veeky Forums. This wasn't so bad in and of itself, as we got a lot of fresh blood, and brought a lot of attention to an otherwise obscure hobby. But the sheer avalanche was too much for some autists who don't know how to use the filters to handle.

The second death blow was their summary removal. /qst/ was a mistake, and Veeky Forums is worse off for it

So pretty much, I can talk about whatever I want, so long as I make sure to preface my discussion with "hey, so my group is playing a D&D game and they wanted to do a campaign about X"

Because at that point, Veeky Forums just becomes /v/-lite since practically everything under the sun has a Veeky Forums variant.

I'd say Veeky Forums fucked us as hard, if not harder, than /qst/

>got drowned in quests
It'd be more accurate to say the number of active quest threads at any one time tripled.

But even during prime time, there were never more than fifteen or so quest threads running at the same time and with the ability to use a filter and the catalogue, there's absolutely no reason to care about that.

Exactly. Soon enough, this board will be nothing but generals because nothing else will be safe. This place will be a sterile wasteland, with nothing but shitposts left in between.
Driving people away because they were doing something you don't like is fucking retarded. I don't even care about the threads in specific, I never visited them nor even care what they were about, but they were having their fun and not fucking with anyone else (as far as I know), so what was even the matter?
Why are asshats like and celebrating this? Why does in specific WANT this board to become /Traditionalgames Generals/? How is fucking worldbuilding not Veeky Forums?

This. /pol/shit should stay in /pol/, I don't care how mad you are about brown people in your pretend games, or not enough brown people in your pretend games.

Wrong.

Quests are shitposting, and if you think anything else you're fooling yourselves.
If something that's not a quest got moved to /qst/ that sucks I guess.

Not gonna change my mind about your shitposting though.

No, it's correct.

Proofs or you're a liar

I never considered that. Veeky Forums is a wierd board anyway, we already have /k/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and /pol/, all hives of arm chair historians

>playing pretend is no longer allowed on Veeky Forums

Pretty sad state for what used to be the best board on the Internet.

What is the definition of shitposting?

You can go to /qst/ for that.

No, it's pretty much correct. The board quality has tanked considerably after /qst/ became a thing.

Basically "thing I don't like to talk about and YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT IT EITHER, GTFO OF MUH BOARD >:("

I would say it's posts that are blatant trolling attempts

How does that apply to quests?

Going by this definition, why are quest threads blatant trolling attempts?
I'm looking for a genuine answer.

I wasn't talking about quests. I was just answering the question about what qualifies as shitposting

>I'm looking for a genuine answer.
I am giving you a genuine answer. Shitposting nowadays has been bastardized to mean "posts that I don't want to read and fuck you if you have a problem with it."

It can also be used to say "this man's opinion is wrong, therefore it's him trying to start a flamewar."

Here's my fixes.
1)mages guild and etc should be moved to quest
2)cyoa can stay, but has to have sanitary op images and cyoa in the op title.
3) kick out all the daily crappy threads(elf, d&d hating, etc)
4) keep pol on pol

Posting in a manner which engenders ill-will without contributing meaningfully to the discussion at hand.

There seems to be two solutions

1) Move CYOA, Jump Chain, and worldbuidling threads to /qst/

2)Delete /qst/ and Veeky Forums, and welcome board relevant quests back into the fold, as well as role play threads which have been an institution since '05

I feel as though we can keep the cyoa and world building threads as cyoas are very much a traditional game, and world-building is related to a traditional game.

World-building has nothing to do with actively role-playing and has every right to be here on Veeky Forums. If you don't know why it is here you are not fit to post on Veeky Forums.

>d&d hating
I agree with everything else you said, but I think the dnd-hate-threads are relevant Veeky Forums discussion. They concern tabletop games directly and without being proxies for anything else.

I think elf threads are okay when they don't devolve into non-worksafe smutposting. If we contained that, I think they'd work out alright.

You can always tell the quality of a community by how well they handle shitposting.

A good community (like old Veeky Forums) either ignored the shitposting or played the outlandish premises to their obvious conclusions, leading to decent threads overall.

A shitty community (like nu-Veeky Forums), rather than ignore the shitposters play shit straight, would rather complain about shitposting, which only inspires more shitposting, which leads to the community cannibalizing itself in an effort to stamp out shitposting for good, while ignoring the fact that the shitposters were never really active members of the community in the first place.

So we end up destroying our own community because people would rather not just ignore shit that bothers them.

It's a too much of a good thing situation. It's relevant but it slowly descends into madness.

I only shitpost in shitposting threads if the topic is about something I like and I give it a chance to die by itself, either by inactivity or because the mods for once move their lazy asses. Both things rarely happen.

what even are cyoas? just thought experiments? roleplaying? pretending there's a game system?
nothing ever seems to come out of them

from just a cursory glance at the threads it seems like larping and lewdposting

That is ALREADY the case. Most "worldbuilding" threads are "what are implications of X in a fantasy setting?" or "how would X work as a tabletop setting?" with people largely talking about X where X is a random topic that has little to nothing to do with tabletop games.

The board would die without 1d4chan creativityfags but let's not pretend it's not already /v/-lite. Probably worse actually.

You do realize most of those are literal questions right? Ive asked a few questions that have helped me with my setting construction.

They are kind of solo-rpg/character builders. Yea there is some crap, but you do enough digging and you get some creative ideas.

Amen.

Some of them are legitimate questions. Most of them are vapid fantasy-themed mad libs or thinly veiled vehicles to discuss something board unrelated like anime because people feel like Veeky Forums has a higher level of discourse than other boards (it doesn't).

Nevertheless, you can't absolute ban all those threads.

You just have to have the mods get them for off topic stuff.

That is what I would suggest, even greater mod presence to weed out blatantly off-topic shitposts.

Unfortunately that'd result in a shitstorm of epic proportions because some people have retarded board loyalties and really don't like being told they're off-topic even if they are truly, blatantly are.

>Why are asshats like and celebrating this?

Mean-spirited trolls who relish seeing other people have their fun taken away. Basically the opposite of questfags.

Thread seems to be autosaging, unfortunately.

No it's fortunate, these threads don't do a whole lot.

>Unfortunately

>You just have to have the mods get them for off topic stuff.
I think the key is to distinguish between harmful and benign off-topic discussion.

The controversy of a subject is a good way to do make that distinction. Topics like abortion or gun-rights should get removed. Topics like effects of magic on agriculture should be permitted to stay.

BUMP!

Huh, guess you're right.

Fug

Next time OP should try making it without the subject line and see if it autosages.

Weird that the mod is going against Hiro's orders, though.

I never participated in the quest threads, but I think a handful of active quest threads would probably contribute more positively to the board than the same "stat me" thread twenty times a day.

God, I can't agree with this enough. You can have whatever politics you want, but keep it out of my games.

bump

It's on autosage

Exactly. World building is as crucial to RPGs as the role-playing themselves.

Quests allow prospective GMs to flex their story telling and game managing muscles, allowing them to grow as leaders in their groups, and role play threads like Mages Guild allow players to work on character development and actual role-playing

Taking them out is a mistake

Mod can't stand criticism of their policies.
Because they're extremely shitty policies.
So they delete/autosage any attempts to discuss anything about the board and stick their fingers in their ears going LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA instead.