Connected to ClubNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>10_Signs_that_your_addiction_goes_too_far.knwsft
>Drugged_Troll_Rampage.trid
>What_does_Essence_Drain_feel_like?.thread
>Zen.btl

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (90% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo, chummer. Want some water and Aspirin?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running K-10_Aftereffects.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Hangover Edition
What's your worst crash been so far?

Anyone have any plans for a Halloween run?

Addiction (Severe): Deepweed. Fun at first, but not the smartest choice when you are mundane. Thematic as hell for a dirty neo-hippy.

All fun and games until you take a hit in a toxic zone.

chummer, only awakened are forced to astrally perceive. As a mundane it only has the stat effects

Shiiiiit. Those were some crazy hallucination then, man. And if my former GM is reading this, fuck you.

Yeah, if Deepweed allowed the mundane to Astrally Percieve, Tempo wouldn't have been as massively popular as it was.

What do Blackjack/Aarch spirits come equipped with?
The fluff simply says they come with gear that is appropriate for the type of run you are on. Even if we assume that's the case, what quality? What amount? What configuration?

Or should I just say they are eqivalent to the sample grunts at the end of the Core Rulebook, with a professionalism rating equal to Force? Or Force/2?

Are you talking about the idiotic spirit types from FA?

Yes?

For the purpose of burnouts way, does one have to be an adept? Would you allow a magician to take way of the burnout in your game?

Well did you miss the motherfucking "ADEPT'S PATHS" in the begining of the section?

>For the purpose of burnouts way, does one have to be an adept?
Explicitly yes.

>Would you allow a magician to take way of the burnout in your game?
Only if they're a Mystic Adept.

In regards to entirely mundane characters, that is people who rely entirely on edge and drugs, what drugs are best?

Jazz is the golden standard. It gives you 2d6 extra Initiative, and doesn't cause any damage when you crash. It's not super expensive, and when it's pharma-grade it's easy to resist addictions developing too.

Being forced to play 5e soon. Man the matrix rules are a clusterfuck.

Our GM wants us to all be dirt-hobos and we're all in agreement. I'm gonna recommend him a ruleset. What would you recommend for street rats like us?

I think Karma Gen (which is called point buy in 5e for whatever fucking reason, as if that isn't confusing) w/ value equal to 500-600, max nuyen = to 100-200k, and Max Magic = to 4-5. Up to 25 points of qualities taken because qualities are cool. Does this sound balanced?

Street Scum, page 350, Core Rulebook.

>Resources and equipment in this campaign should be very scarce. Player characters will be the underprivileged and uneducated of the Sixth World. During character creation, a gamemaster should reduce the amount of Attribute Points, Skill Points, and Resources that the characters can acquire—instead of choosing each row of the priority table once on character creation, characters should either select once from row B, once from row C, once from row D and twice from row E, or twice each from rows C and D and once from row E.

What's the best 'fuck you GM' build you can make with Sum to 10 plus 100k¥, 30 Karma and Avail 14+?
All in good humor of course, and all the roles in the party are filled well enough that this characters role isn't really set yet (aside from Decker)

Does Street Scum limit the availability of weapons and armor?

No, but there's no real reason to bother with that anyway. You're not going to have the money for high-end shit regardless.

I don't think Street Scum is too bad but I'm almost positive if I recommend it to the GM he'll combine it with the Street Level rules found in the Char-Gen chapter. And then street sam/deckers are fucked and feel dickless as our mages/adepts stomp over the game.

Shout-out to Chummergen, what a cool program. Honestly, all modern RPGs should have 'app designer' as a core part of the team. (and especially for phones) Modern RPGs have really low standards (and I'm guessing return on investments, also explaining the shit standards)

>I'm almost positive if I recommend it to the GM he'll combine it with the Street Level rules found in the Char-Gen chapter
Then he's a dickless faggot. Streel Level is garbage, and any Shadowrun community on the net will tell you that.

For Street Scum, I would do 500 Karma and limit max Magic and Resonance to 3 for Magicians, MysAds, 4 for Technos, Aspected Magicians, Adepts.

Alternatively, sum to seven or eight with no A choices.

>I don't think Street Scum is too bad but I'm almost positive if I recommend it to the GM he'll combine it with the Street Level rules

I'm starting a Street Scum campaign as well, but I plan on adjusting it by keeping chargen mostly the same (only limiting nuyen), and keeping the default ruleset. Is this a good idea? The idea is for the players to pull themselves out of the streets and into the big leagues with nothing but their talents.

>(only limiting nuyen), and keeping the default ruleset. Is this a good idea?
It'll mean that your tech-based characters (deckers, riggers, street samurai) will be hot fucking garbage, while your magic-based characters (magicians, adepts, mystic adepts, technomancers) will be effectively unpenalized.

Alright. I'll see what kind of characters my players come up with, and if they pick some tech-heavy stuff, I'll handwave it and say they stole it somewhere.

Just use the Street Scum rules.

Summoner. You can't go wrong.

I thought about it, but i don't really know how i'd effectively leverage the additional karma and ¥ with a caster...

That's not Street Scum, that's the garbage Street Level.

>The idea is for the players to pull themselves out of the streets and into the big leagues with nothing but their talents.
Can't that happen offscreen?

>Can't that happen offscreen?

Well, my players habitually play greedy, drug-addicted, sex crazed sociopathic loot-whoring murderhobos, so having them start out with any shred of credibility won't work too well.

Sounds like they'd be perfect for some pink mohawk action, or serving as a distraction for the "real" runner team.

Oh, I'm planning plenty of pink mohawk action. The Campaign hook is that the Vory are moving into Redmond, and want to establish a foothold in the district for nefarious purposes. The players could either join the Vorys, help Urubia push them out, or solve the problems some other way.

You do make a good point though. I'll have to consider the 'distraction' angle.

You don't need to. You can make a summoner with standard cash and nuyen and they will be functionally immortal after your first initiation (1-2 runs).

Any extra karma or nuyen on top of that is just gravy.

>or serving as a distraction for the "real" runner team.
Please don't do that.

>I'll have to consider the 'distraction' angle.
Definitely. It's something a lot of people forget in the "operators operating operationally" mindset that gets pushed a lot. Yes, that's an important quality for Shadowrunners to have, but it's also important, at times, to have shock troops dazzle the enemy while others do things behind their back.

When was the last time you did something cyberpunk in SR? Do you do it at all, or do you just run it as "corporate sponsored Ocean's 11 with Wizards and Cybernetics"?

What's that mafia term when their okay with someone ordering a hit on a made man?

>

They are replacing parts of your meat, though; space in the eyeball is a zero-sum game. If you slapped a bunch of mods onto the eye, you'd be changing definitely the cornea and lens, probably the iris and retina, and almost certainly the optic nerve for something that can transmit the data to your brain.

A lot of the body is just getting in the way if yoy want to do things that the body can't do.

I know Opti did a brief sketch of a Halloweener run a few months back. I'll need to dig it out and see if it's spoopy or can be made so.

Those ones are Howling Shadows, iirc. And they're idiocy with a long pedigree in SR.

Power Foci are stupid good, and 100k nuyen buys a lot of foci.

could you give us a short definition of what cyberpunk is in your opinion?

>A retired wageslave opened fire from the Las Vegas Mandalay Hotel on a NAN sponsored concert. Killing 79 people and over 500 injured. The corp who hired him claimed he was a perfectly obedient wageslave. Professionals blame CFD as the cause

What sort of character would you say is closest to a paladin from D&D, I know that obviously nothing will absolutely match though.

After a friend of mine told me the specifics of the las vegas shooting it reminded me of a run gone wrong, that or a runner who finally snapped.

So wageslaves dont go postal in shadowrun?

from the description (I heard) of what the guy had it seemed more likely to be a runner than a wageslave

A lot of very smart people spend a lot of money and man-hours in order that wageslaves go postal as seldom as often.

Yeah, if you look at the /pol/ "investigations" it's literally a runner situation.

>in order that wageslaves go postal as seldom as often.

I'm sorry... what?

Multimillionaire, dad on the FBI most wanted, nearly zero online presence. Certainly not a wageslave.

In order to ensure that wageslaves go postal as little as possible. I knew something was wrong with that sentence when i typed it.

Chemicals in the water, air, food, etc that make them docile/psychologically impressionable.

they're too brainwashed mindbroken plebeians to go against their patrician dragon masters

In SR5, it says flechette rounds add +5 to AP

does that mean individuals with no armor are treated as having armor when shot with flechette rounds?

No

So they only roll body dice to resist, and people with any armor whatsoever roll 5 additional dice?

yes

thank you

>individuals with no armor

Are you shooting SINners or does your chummer not at least have a fucking lined coat?

Even SINners regularly wear armoured clothing outside. You have to visit an arcology, gated compound, enclave, etc before you find people that don't.

That's why I asked. No one in our group has ever used flechette rounds.

Whenever your group decides to run into the barrens, a short double barreled rifle with flechette will fill the niche perfectly against the ghouls.

>rifle
I meant shotgun. Painkillers are a thing for me

What kind of character would you guys say is most similar to a D&D Paladin?

asking for a friend

Elven Chivalry: Cannot break one's word, cant harm innocents and must not let art or beauty come to harm. So any Alliance for Allah infidel caught smashing a temple gets a force 5 mana bolt

I meant out of Adept and the like, but that works too

Adept or Mystic Adept, following the Christian Theurgy tradition add Deus Vult quality for extra crusading.

best idea

What said, its a negative quality literally called The Paladin's Code, aka elven chivalry

Just a hypothetical, but how would you feel if a GM table ruled that all three special attributes (magic, resonance, edge) were mutually exclusive? Meaning that only mundane characters get edge mechanics, and that reducing Essence would reduce edge current / maximum?

If you're against the idea, how would it have to change for you to consider it?

i like it, but It would change chargen; everyone would choose metatype as a lower priority now that extra special attribute points are wasted

Now, I admit I don't know this game very well, but I'm pretty sure that would be absolutely game breaking. You may as well just remove edge. Most mundane characters have low essence anyway.

In the interest of keeping definition-based shitfighting to a minimum, have an example of the sort of thing I was thinking of: Doing things that would improve the lives of people other than megacorp hierarchies or gang lords, while probably inconveniencing the latter. You know, good deeds, with the Karma/nuyen reward divide that nobody uses because it's a pain in the ass.

yeah, if anything, simply make it that awakened and technomancers can't have edge; that would balance it some i think

you would definitely need to be an adept, because paladins almost never got rewards. Your char will be taking only feel good runs. mundane's have so much less to do with so much karma

Well Paladins can be of service to a liege who will provide the Rigger/Street Sam with equipments to carry out their orders

>The loyalty aspects are somewhat more transitory, with some pledging to defend a specific someone as a bodyguard unto death (or beyond), while others accept the leadership of an elven gang as a “crown in exile,” as long as said gang “Prince” upholds the core beliefs.

Someone with ethics. Just as rare in Shadowrun as it is in D&D.

And D&D actually has an alignment system.

Maybe it's just people in general.

I've made the paladin character a transhuman prototype Mystic Adept by the catholic church designed to be the Hand of God/Perfect Crusader. Understandably he's both an astral beacon and wanted back by the Pope, and has solid rep with the church

What do you guys think is the more interesting char plot hook: Vendetta or Hung out to Dry?

Vendetta can be an interesting wrench in any situation and could lead to climatic resolution. But Hung Out to Dry could be a campaign long investigation. What do you think?

What are some of your favorite character hooks?

Vendetta because it forces you to interact with people.
Hung Out To Dry can be free license to shirk responsibility because you don't have contacts to maintain or exploit. The GM has to actively press you to make this an issue because you can just mooch off your team's contacts.

Wanted to run Starfinder as Shadowrun, because I hated reading SR5's mess of a book.

Ahh, you're right. Hung Out to Dry is all on the player to make it happen. Hopefully a good GM wouldn't let a player mooch of others' contacts, but what can you do?

I guess the smart way would be for the GM to have it bleed over into the other players' contacts.

>"Wait, you run with WHO? Oh, uh no reason. Look, I just remembered I have to return some videotapes, see you later."

>can't cut bullets even with the maximum wireless reflexes and tuned agility
What is even the point of all these cyborgs if swords suck?

Going so fast the enemy doesn't have a chance to fire at you.

>cutting the bullets
>not cutting the guy with the gun

well, you cut the bullets, then you cut the guy, then you cut the wall behind him.

Cut the guy with the gun, you kill one man. Cut the bullet, you kill the two behind you.

There is the bad rep quality. A couple of my players took that, thinking I wont use it to fuck with them. But I will.

Although that reminds me of a question I had: do any of y'all use the reputation and notoriety mechanics at all? Are they fun or do they just get in the way?

A street sam or phys ad with the code of ethics flaw and a penchant for melee weapons. Optional hatred of magicians and/or spirits.

>kill the two behind you
you mean your decker and the extraction target? lol

>not walking into a Zero Zone alone, and only taking the extractee out once the path to the front door is clear and clean

You have no honour.

They're useful but they're just MORE NUMBERS!!! and god knows SR has enough of that.

>Path to the front door
>Zero Zone

You don't know what a Zero Zone is, do you.

haha! if my honor ever get's low, i'll just do a run where I only kill enemies by chopping their bullets back at them

I do. It is a Mitshuhama defensive strategy that by definition includes a physical area of denial, infamous for the high lethality tactics employed within. My statement was that you would pass through the entire MCT facility, including the aforementioned Zero Zone, and back out, securing the area entirely. As this would pit you against the very best that an outrageously rich nation-company could put together, including the obvious reinforcements that would make such a strategy impractical, the farce within the comment hopefully becomes apparent.

The joke here is that Zero-Zones don't have front doors, or doors at all.

>or doors at all

Untrue, at least by obvious inference. They are physical locations, often located within facilities in which metahumans work. There is by their nature a reason for people and items to enter and exit the Zero Zone to take advantage of it's security. Therefore, it must have an entrance and exit, which in the fortified buildings and walls of a Zero Zone means that there must be doors.

Not every aspect of MCT security is a Zero Zone; the books are explicit that they are specific physical areas of intense security and significant investment of materiel.