Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Da Propa edition.

>Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

WHAT ARE YOU FAGGOTS WORKING ON TODAY?

my dudes > your dudes

3rd for old memes

When is the 8th edition eldar codex coming out

What did fabius's instant death stick do in the end?

Tallarns and Catachans are the strongest Guard regiments. Guard players know that non-moving Cadians are a meme. Don't listen to non-guard players.

I'm making some nice mac and cheese, actually.

It's either Eldar or Nids as the next codex

On a 2+, 3D6 mortal wounds to [TITANTIC] models

WHEN

While true, both breeds of space russians look like a LOT of fun.

So will they get the guard treatment or the admech treatment?

I want to make my own custom model of this handsome golden gentleman. What count as rules do you think would be good for him? I've thought about Yarrick since he gives out buffs and is hard to kill.

I'm making my own Indigan Praefects from the conversions they showed in that one preview.

D3 wounds or something shitty.

Nothing. Heavy rain over here so I can't really go to the balcony and prime my minis. Else I'd work on another squad of Skittle Vanguards.

Rerolling everything is obviously the strongest

We already know that Nids are going to be batshit strong
Eldar will probably get the guard treatment too

I kinda miss that pasta

Wow Eldar was goofy as fuck...and we still have to use the same models to this day.

Good Sigmar kits to make Crusaders out of? I'm on a budget

Hopefully some tau tanks if this kijiji deal pulls through

Just got my Typhus and Blightlords. Still working on painting a Helbrute.

If these old metal guard models get enough buys, will GW support them in plastic?

Nope. There will be no demand since everyone will already have them : ^ )

Dude, crusaders are like 16 dollarydoos

And I think their models are cute.

Ask the sisters of battle players

Fuck. Now I have to factor that in too.

No.

Do they still sell empire swordsmen? Strapping whatever bits you have around that makes them look 'power' to their shields/swords seems the best if you really don't want to deal with the metal models for whatever reason,

Returnee question time:

1. How does the Guard work in 8th? From the Index, it seems as if squads and command squads are real, separate units now and you can buy Platoon and Command officers without Command Squads now. Did the codex change that?

2. Does the Primaris Captain's Mastercrafted Auto-Bolt Rifle count as a Boltgun for the Purposes of the Primarch's Wrath Relic?

3. Is there a point in bringing the Stalker/Assault Intercessors and/or the Heavy/Assault Hellblasters?

Yeah but that's just for two. If I can make something like a Chaos Warriors box work that's ALOT more for the money

Converted CSM sorc, need to get some 1k sons legs for him and figure out the pauldrons then he's done

>Does the Primaris Captain's Mastercrafted Auto-Bolt Rifle count as a Boltgun for the Purposes of the Primarch's Wrath Relic?
I don't know, for Primarch's Wrath I'm fairly certain it says you replace a BOLTGUN or a MASTERCRAFTED BOLTGUN.

Is your MASTERCRAFTED AUTO-BOLT RIFLE one of those?

It's not

>1. How does the Guard work in 8th? From the Index, it seems as if squads and command squads are real, separate units now and you can buy Platoon and Command officers without Command Squads now. Did the codex change that?
No, they're still separate. Pretty much every character + retinue type of unit has been split up.

>2. Does the Primaris Captain's Mastercrafted Auto-Bolt Rifle count as a Boltgun for the Purposes of the Primarch's Wrath Relic?
No.

>3. Is there a point in bringing the Stalker/Assault Intercessors and/or the Heavy/Assault Hellblasters?
Not really. Primaris in general are pretty mediocre

Figuring out a paint scheme for my converted Chaos Sorcerer... he'll be Undivided and fairly sure I don't want him to be painted as any Legion...

>wasting 10000 yr old relics on nu-marines

They are cute and I heard they are now in resin. I didn't realize. I made my own Crusaders out of a bunch of spare bits I had as well as Tzeentch AoS acolytes. They are so tall and buff for S3 T3 though. I always joke they just have a lot of saline in them to look buff.

Nerd

I am building an ork army and somewhat new to their units. The FLGS ork player runs like six squads of gretchin, a couple storm boyz, a morkanaut and gorkanaut, and some warbosses in 1500 point games. He bullies most of the enemy army with the nauts and warbosses and just holds the rest of the map with the gretchin. I am positive that this is the wrong way to play them but he gets ok results in the local scene. I am going hard on the boyz and dreads, but could he be onto something?

Chaos warriors have a lot of chaos stars on them good luck.

They look like shit. Where's that from?

Any AdMech player here playing a list composed of Electrochickens combined with Stygies VIII? If so, how is your current success and could you post your list maybe? What formation are you running etc.?

Thanks in advance

>I am positive that this is the wrong way to play
That's your first mistake.
There's no wrong way to play. It's how he wants to play. If you want to run Orks differently, that's fine.

So I'm starting a Tempestus Scions army supported by Grey Knights and an Inquisitor. I've been playing around with lists and I've sorta hit a bind.

I want to basically only include Paladins since I have a hard-on for their models and shit. So that means I need an Ancient and an Apothecary too, basically. What should the squad size be for them? Halberds or Falchions, and are Psilencers worth taking if I do 5 man squads? What HQ should I take to represent my Inquisitor? Voldus?

On the Scions, would it be cheesy as shit to have three Tempestor Primes so I get three command squads? What is a good unit size for the Troop Scions, 5 or 10? Since at 10 they get 4 special weapons.

Lastly, Volley Guns or Plasma? Since I think they're the same price now with the new book.

Thinking about making ork kommandos by making greenstuff capes for some boys and gluing grass tufts to them. I am also liking the kommando idea where you just sort of cover them in terribly arranged UM armor. Which should I do and how can I improve?

How does tg feel about stand - in or counts - as models? To be clear, not proxies. I'm not planning on running painted blood angels as Khorne berserkers.
I plan in running this model counts as an exalted sorceror with my squad of 20 tzaangors. Think people are going to bitch?

Run 200 boyz

N E R D

Coat them in rhinos instead

good times

I meant wrong as in "not good," not as in "impermissible" He was suggesting I play like him

I've got Some twenty primed Stormboyz to paint and 6 Obliterators to convert for a friend.

N-NANDATO!?

Get some of the marine scout torsos and clip the SM bodies out. Slap em on some boys torsos and convert the Sniper Rifles into Kustom shootas.

Has anyone got tips for taking 'action shots'? I tried taking some this afternoon but couldn't get a good focus between individual units. Admittedly, my hands probably weren't the most stable. Is using a tripod much better?

Is that tiny Wraithguard and a dude suspended on Wraithlord legs, wtf?

You can easily convert some w/ skitarii and deathwatch bits

I have seen that and love it but I am not that intense about my orks atm. Maybe the next squad will get that if I find a junk rhino

good idea. I will see which idea is cheaper

I think it fits just fine. It's clearly a different model and fits as a your-dudes thing. Someone will bitch at some point, but fuck him.

I think the wraithlord babycarrier is supposed to be a war walker

>He was suggesting I play like him
I mean. Play how you'd like to. He seems,to like the Elite feeling of a few strong models.

From your
>hard on the boyz and dreads
Sounds like you'd rather play a horde. Which is also fine. Just make sure if you're playing Objective games you factored in some back field objective holders.

looks like guardians and an old warwalker

Camera lower to the ground. You want a focal point. Generally it's the bigest thing in the frame. You can usually set the phone down and tap the thing you want in focus and the camera does the rest.

What I missed?

If you can rest your elbows on something solid and take a half-breath it will improve your stability a lot. A tripod is usually best, you will have to find one that will allow for the angles you want.

Fabulous Bill strolls up to you at the club and slaps your titan's ass. It instantly dies and the other titans run away in fear.

Chaos eldar when?

>Brings a Titan formation to a "narrative" game
>T 20
>W 50
>SV 2+
>each
>Opponent sends fabious bile into combat with them
>he hits first due to assaulting
>hits
>wounds on 6+ (because everything can do that in 8th
>I fail my save
>His weapon is Instant Death
>Remove Titan from the field
>Remove other 2 Titans after failing battle shock

Oh boy 8th is looking good.

After fishmen

What?

Alright, thanks. I'll dig out the tripod and get a proper backdrop next time, hopefully get some better results.

And the New Ones

Kek

The new ones are the old ones coming back to reset the galaxy like autists.

Definitely my favorite meme about 40k. Shame it never made sense.

>augur array
>dozer blades
>track guards
/whohypedhere/

I'm ready for taking a Tallarn Outrider detachment of Armored Lascannon sentinels and a Brigade detachment of Catachan. 6 infantry squads, Straken, 3 Flamer Sentinels, Battle cannons and whatever else.

Painting pink horrors. Assembling tzaangors white they dry

>exorcists
Mein niger, are you dude from pic related? Keep it up

I predict dozer blades will be some bonus to the tanks melee but I have no idea what "immobolised less frequently and non-scatter deepstrike will be"

>dozer blades
>this vehicle can now climb buildings

>non-scatter deepstrike will be
Probably similiar to Tau's beacon
>You may "deep strike" within 3"-6" this model. Regardless of enemy models

Tried doing a theoretical list, for the codex coming out. This should give me melee power the renegades list couldn't give, combining squads and then hopefully getting off psychic barrier consistently. Just have to convert a good looking Straken and Yarrick for chaos. Thoughts?

>Dozer Blades
>S User+1 AP -2 Dam 2. When attacking with this add +2 to Hit

>dozer blade +1 to hit roll
>track guards tank doesn't suffer movement degradation
>augur array can deepstrike in 6 inches from this model and 6 from enemy units

Putting the finishing touches on an Autarch with wings and Eldrad for my Ulthwe army.

After that, I'll probs get to work on Jain Zar and Fuegan once I figure out some decent colours for them.

My thoughts are it's hard to read.

>dozer blades
>for every hit roll of 6 you may roll an additional attack. These additional attacks do not themselves generate additional attacks.

Fucking nothing today. Taking a small break after finishing this dude yesterday. If I do work on anything, it'll be touch-ups on this guy.

Did I ever show this to you guys? It was in the LGS of my neighboring city.
And no, it's not the picture quality, they really are just that bad

>Forgetting image

Please stop breaking that man's legs. He can't pay you back if he can't work.

>those eyes
I think i am in love

Studying for an engineering test

Painting all my Guard models 3 shades of gray to tilt people.

Yes, those are mine.
Been working on the AoP board these last few days and it's mostly done, other than facing the exposed foam with card. I'll get back to finishing up lots of these models soon, so more pics to come hopefully.

I would legitimately lose my shit if someone fielded that against me.

Someone post cadian relic.