ITT we talk about TCGs, and group card games. Currently, it's mostly Yugioh, but more things are welcome. (yes...

ITT we talk about TCGs, and group card games. Currently, it's mostly Yugioh, but more things are welcome. (yes, also e-card games are awesome)

Previous thread:

>What's your main TCGs
>How many have you played?
>What do you wish came back?
>What do you wish had a game?

Board games and table tops are welcome there too.

in case you ever wanted to know what there is here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games

Wanna talk to a bunch of nerds at once? Alice Games

Here: discord.gg/MEGakH3 (currently 16 people in it.)

Me:
Anyone think that a splatoon TCG or a deck building/LCG game would work?

I have an absolute shit ton of old Doomtown cards and I've never played it.

Is there some real simple primer where I can throw some decks together and see how it works?

Like an online place?
I can only think of TableTop sim. But that may be a pain in the ass cause you will have to do it all yourself.

I mean more of like some ratio of dudes/locations/spells to make functional unoptimized decks out of the physical cards I have.

OH, I dunno, look for a local hobby shop around your area then.

>What's your main TCGs?
Yugioh and MTG.
Force of Will, Duel Masters, Kaijudo, Naruto, Pokemon, Hearthstone, Shadowverse, Digimon Fusion, Vanguard, and DBZ (Panini).
Duel Masters and Naruto.
Can't really think of one.

Go back to Veeky Forums

>Main
None currently, no money, but I was big in FoW until everyone else stopped playing and did Pokemon for the online component for a while.
>What have I played?
What haven't I played? My parents owned a card shop during the boom of the early 2000's, I at least knew how to play nearly everything.
>Came back
Zatch Bell. The spellbook system was really neat, a non-rng system with a lot of depth and planning.
>What do I wish had a game?
I saw that boom. Nothing needs a game.

You could also play yugioh on Duelingnexus, it's free. You also get access to every card so far (I believe)

Not my thing. I used to play YGO. Even did some roleplay with it when I was younger. Never went anywhere but the character was fun.

Ah well, what about Hearthstone? That's free

Played it too. Grew tired of a lot of the flaws. See my answer to question two.

They've added and been fixing cards lately to balance the game out, at least when they nerf a card in the digital world, they can make it easier vs having to reprint an entire card or say "This card means this"

God, they did like 5 times in Naruto. It kept getting fucking stupid as hell.

looking to get some trades in, anyone have anything intresting?

Howdy, teeg. So, recently a rather unusual card game has come into my possession called "The Last Great War" and I'm having trouble finding ANY information whatsoever on it. It seems like it was a promotional thing for the Feinstein Foundation and to end hunger in America. Pretty cool stuff, I guess? The backs are all holographic and there's a couple different game variants according to the rule book that came with it. I'll try to grab some pictures for you guys in a few minutes so you can check them out.

I wish Battle Spirits didn't die but it was inevitable given how shit the first 9 or so sets were. The game is fun as fuck now in Jap, I just don't know what they were thinking with the first few sets.

Here, pictures incoming.

Forgot to say this was one side of the rules pamphlet. Here's one of the reverse sides.

My apologies if they're not very legible, but the print is super fuckin' tiny.

And the other half of the reverse. The next one will have some of the cards front/back. It honestly seems like it could be fun but there's a heavy emphasis on how playing this game will "help end hunger in your community."
Not really sure how they were hoping to accomplish that with a TCG.

>55671221
>What's your main TCGs
Netrunner and Yugioh
Mtg and magi-nation
Card games that didn't try to be a wacky version of mtg but did their own thing
A jojo card game would be great and just for the memes.

Last one. I know you guys mostly play MTG/Yugioh, but hopefully you will find these interesting!

>2017 anno domini
>800x600

Yeah, my phone is garbage. Sorry!

I could type up the rules variations if you guys would like?

>Main
Digital: Krosmaga
>Played
Magic, Yugioh
>Wished to come back
Duel Masters
>Wished existed
A historical wargame with a simple system without tokens or lots of keywords.

hmm that's really cool, haven't seen something like that in a long time. what's the date on it?

Hearthstone is not free. Adventures going out means you will officially have to win 30 matches a day if you want to keep up and have more than a single deck each expansion, and there's still an RPS meta even after day 1 nerfs when Frozen Throne launched.

hearthstone is such a shitshow now. i miss the wow tcg more every day

And even thought that shadowverse is JUST a chink copy of hearthstone, it manages to be better than the original in every category.

1997 I think it says. There was also a letter about how the recipient shouldn't open them because there's a high chance they would become valuable collectables in the future. It reads a bit scam-ish, but then again maybe they simply had high hopes for this and thought it would take off.

hmm how does it play by chance? they must have really wanted it to succeed sounds like.

>What's your main TCGs
MtG
MtG, Pokemon TCG, Shadow Era, SW PMTCG, Hearthstone, Card Wars, Dice Masters (not really TCG but you still have to buy cards tho)
Star Wars Pocket Model TCG
WH40k and AoS desu

40k has a couple games mate. how pocket models? I see it all the time but never bothered with it. is it worth picking up?