WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Cool redesign edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previous Thread: >> 55636331→

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Dark_Elves
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Praise the objectively good guy faction.

Soon

CUTIES!

Will do.

Lizardmen redesigns are indeed great, especiAly thhe saurus warriors who look so much more like the 6th edition Artwork than the models.

However my favorite thing about TWW2 is the fluff changes for lizardmen, or more correctly the fleshing out of Lizardmen fluff.
the Forked Tongue was a good read and i loved the characterization of the Skinks as hyper dogmatic dudes with tons of personality.
also i like the depiction of the Kroxigor splashing around in the water. It just gives em more character.

Likewise i enjoy the fact that the Saurus get translated voice lines in the campaign and lead the factions that havent done the slann awakening ritual.
They finally put the last nail in the coffin of the "Saurus are just mindless half sentient automatons" meme. Instead they are competent but at the same time highly animalistic war leaders.

TWW2 just opened up so much YOUR DUDES potential for lizardmen.

I love how Vlad's looking at her, and he's like "Damn you fine babe."

GENTLEMEN
As you are no doubt aware, guns in WFRP aren't particularly strong. How can this be fixed without making them overpowered?

They can only fire every other turn, to simulate reloading? I dunno, I'm just spitballing here.

HOLA SKINKS

Skinks are really cute in this too bad they're a dogshit unit

Tomb King in general we're the best part, by far, of the End Times (Ward can occasionally do awesome fluff), I really hope this fuckers make it in too.

Longer range. Other than that they're perfect

Skink cohorts are acceptable if you want to have lots of lords early, and need to fill out their armies. Saurus are great, especially since you can get them in level 1 towns and cities, but they're pricey to support.

Also, chameleon skinks are just great, even into end-game.

Well, I kind of like the slow reload, as it gives the feeling of making your shot count. It's also more accurate, as an early rifle could take quite a while to reload.

Agreed!

It honestly just felt that a single unit of saurus were worth their value times 2x compared to skinks and an army with four saurus worked better than 12 skinks.

Also sidenote, I had a single lord without an army just go around on the high seas and loot nodes and I was SWARMING with resources and items.

Armor Piercing (3)
There ya go. In real life, plate armor that wasn't designed with guns in mind was essentially useless against early firearms. The Old World is only just now undergoing a transition to firearms, and they don't really fight anyone that carries guns themselves. There's very little need for them to have bulletproofing.

>Forked Tongue
Is it a book about Lizardmen?
I like furry aspect(yeah yeah I know) but when I read about them they seem kinda bland and meh compared to rest of the seting I I went for Skaven.
With AoS/TWW2 I feel the ich again to try again but dont if they changed much/at all.
That would be one hell of a model to have. That is another bummer about Lizardfolk.....fukin ancient models.

>They finally put the last nail in the coffin of the "Saurus are just mindless half sentient automatons" meme.
That's not a meme. That's verbatim from the armybooks.
You can believe whatever, but Creative Assembly doesn't have any authority over the official GW IP.

Pretty sure I saw lizards like this from some smaller company.

If Warhammer was still around, you bet GW would be updating the models to conform to Warhammer Total War's superior interpretation. (The fucking hydra....)
Almost all of the new fluff has been given an a okay by GW. I consider it canon.

Yeah, I liked a lot of the ET models they added.

Guns just aren't able to compete with bows as soon as extra attacks come into play. There is nothing you can do about it other than buffing gun damage to the extreme or letting people shoot guns as quickly as bows. That's just how the system was designed.

Well, if you're just smashing your front line into theirs, then yeah, Saurus wreck face and pay back their cost much better. You always want at least a few. 2-4 maybe. But with skinks assisting them you can maneuver (they're fast little fuckers), go after skirmishers/artillery, reinforce more quickly, go for flank/rear charges, etc.

>play beastmen in totalatot: warhams
>do nothing but run tear ass across the empire and raze undefended cities and weaker armies when the opportunity presents itself
>raze about half the empire to the point where altdorf stands as the lone city in the midst of apocalyptic chaos wastelands
>karl franz can't be everywhere at once
>he tries to protect wissenland and i raze nuln and that town right next to it
>wipe out skarniks faction on the way just because
>wood elves saying they gonna fuck me up
>whatever they won't leave their gay forest
>a wild orion appears while my casualties are replenishing and fucks my shit up
>had one guy standing in the forest at my start location and 12 turns later I have a full army and 15k dark flavour
>run up and raze wittenheim while the todbringer or whatever he's called is rebuilding the other town i razed earlier
>30k dark flavour and run off to the next undefended town
>oops wolfenburg's garrison is 50% high tier units and could BTFO my army without looking
>run off towards another town like the scumbag that i am

This is so much fun.

>You always want at least a few. 2-4 maybe. But with skinks assisting them you can maneuver (they're fast little fuckers), go after skirmishers/artillery, reinforce more quickly, go for flank/rear charges, etc.

The big issue is that the ai is braindead and the only actual threat are instances where you're going 2v1 on troop count against stacks that pop up out of nowhere or ambush you and at that point it's saurus over skinks.

I mean yeah f course there are instances where instead of cold ones I've had a cheap unit of skinks go blow up a an arty piece but even so.

Really though it's not even skinks being subpar it's saurus just being the single best meat grinder for like 2/3rds of the campaign.

this desu. Asur save the world without edge genocide.

>That's not a meme. That's verbatim from the armybooks.
Not really. The closest the saurus have ever been to being dumb mindless animals was their first appearance in 5th edition, but even then there's reference to them having their own language (with the extremely imaginative name of "Saurian", and mostly focused on military drills and orders)

6th edition removed the mandatory slann in the lizardmen army, gave saurus a lord choice to lead armies, gave them a bit of autonomy, and expanded on that "engineered soldier race" fluff a bit more.

They've never been mindless.

>GW shilling the game on their website
>GW execs literally tell CA it's cool to use fimir.

Well, once you're 50 or so turns in, you can generally afford to deck your stacks out with half a dozen ancient stegadons or feral carnosaurs, so at that point it's largely immaterial. Even then, chameleon skinks are pretty good. But early on (10-30 turns), you can rely on skinks to help you get 6-8 Lords going and still not cripple your economy.

If anyone knows about the lore here, what would Malekith do if he won?

Let's say he successfully invaded ulthuan, put Tyrian and teclis' heads on spikes, and forced the Asur to acknowledge his as Phoenix king.

What would he do then? Bone the everqueen? Abandon nagarrond or keep both empires? Bring slavery to ulthuan or kill all non-elves there?

Does Makelith hate non-elves? He was best friends with Snorri after all.

I somehow doubt he would tolerate the gargantuan human and dark trade districts in lothern

It would be interesting to see what would happen to the high elves on more distant outposts in the old world and in ind/cathay. Malekuk can't win against KF's empire especially as it would be supported by dwarfs and the marienburgers.
Seas would get shittier and suddenly landward trade would become more important.

I posted this in the last thread right before it died:

I've thought a lot about this because it's a running theme with rpgs. In games with a variety of ranged weapons, crossbows and gunpowder weapons are nearly always terrible compared to bows.

Part of the problem is that in reality, guns and crossbows were desired for their ability to, at the pull of a trigger, take someone out of a fight completely. You point it and bam, that person is not getting up in a hurry. And if the wielder is a peasant and the person being shot is an elite knight, so much the better.

In RPGs, characters don't normally get taken out in one shot. It would suck if your long-running character got wiped out in an instant, so characters get hit points or wounds and get whittled down incrementally. This completely negates the advantages of crossbows and guns.

As far as I can see, the solutions are one of the following: Either give guns unrealistic reload times and make them closer to bows or allow guns the chance to take someone out of a fight with a single shot. The former is the only workable option with WFRP. If I were to design my own game, I would make characters easy to injure but hard to kill permanently.

As much as I love how the gave us Fimir, i'm a little bit disappointed since their in this way, we'll never get a full army list....

You could still try and homebrew your own - there's old rules to take advantage of. Maybe you could mix them in with Beastmen just to give them more cool shit - the Fimir, not the Beastmen. Unless you want to.

Ok so I used to be huge into the lore of Warhammer, though this was back in the days when Dark Dwarves were just being fazed out. I even had a small Dogs of War army, though I sold it in college. Anyhow, I just recently became curious about the state of the Warhammer lore and was kind of shocked at... well all the nonsense frankly. What exactly happened? Was there some massive shift in GW management or something?

Didn't he do that in the end times?

Yeah but through deus ex, not conquest

I liked the 'discordance' stuff in The Forked Tongue. It really gave a sense of the alien, collectivist culture the lizardmen have, but also shows they're not just drones. There is a plan and they need to follow it (to do otherwise would be unthinkable and heretical), but there's disagreement on what exactly the plan is.

>Cool redesign

more like warmahordes redesign.

GW killed Fantasy, made 40k Spelljammer as Fantasy 2. Then whored the IP for vidya.

New guy replaced Kirby, company got better but Fantasy remains dead and new 40k lore is crazy.

Ulthuan sank, Naggaroth taken by Daemons, all Elf gods died except the surprisingly evil amateur chessmaster Lileath, and all Elves moved into Athel Loren under Malekith and Alarielle while Teclis and Tyrion pouted and most other named Elves were dead. The three groups coexisted but otherwise acted the exact same for like a year until the world ended.

The question is if Malelith won by conquest and rules both Naggaroth and Ulthuan.
The answer is make Alarielle his breeding sow then kill her, then conquer Athel Loren. Then get killed by his wizard son.

Then everyone was killed by skaven, including most of the skaven.

I kind of like this. It makes guns the "kill the armored dude" weapon.

>Whored out
Vermintide and Total War have treated Fantasy with alot more respect then GW has done in the last decade.

I think I have some of those novels you're looking for. Especially dwarf stuff. Would anyone mind if I uploaded my entire Warhammer Fantasy novel/PDF file folder and maybe someone else could sift through it and pick out what you need? I could do it, too, but it'd talk a bit longer.

Are they good in TW WH?

just because the prostitutes are nice to you and let you fuck them in the ass doesn't mean they're not prostitutes

>selling IP is prostitution
brainlet.
unironic good guys.

Teclis has nice spells and can hold a frontline as long as his mana reserve holds, Tyrion can become the killiest character in the series, hitting over 1k damage per hit.

They whored out the IP.

It doesn't mean that the IP wasn't vastly improved by it, my choice of words more refers to the GW attitude towards it.

Assholes, but still good.

Worried about Tyrion his flavor text basically describes him going 'Jack the Ripper"...

Tyrion is also really racist. When speaking to the most powerful mage in the world, who was the best mage trained by the guy who taught his entire people magic, he stated, and I quote "Time for you to go back into the swamps you crawled from."

This is what I did in my game - all firearms are 1d10+6; Armor Piercing, Impact.

I experimented with Armor Piercing (2) but felt it sliiightly too strong, especially once repeaters come into play.

More or less as is they're extremely dangerous 'alpha strike' weapons, I've found...especially when Mighty Shot and Sure Shot come into play.

Literally no one gives a shit about GW's say on Fantasy. Them dropping it has honestly been one of the best things to happen to the setting in years.

Playing beastmen right.

>autistic frog can't handle the banter
the -10 diplomacy is there for a reason pepe

Ohiofag with orc an lizardman armies. How do I find someone to play with lol?

Where does one get a bolt thrower the right size to stand in for a hellcannon?

>he answer is make Alarielle his breeding sow then kill her, then conquer Athel Loren. Then get killed by his wizard son.

I wouldn't mind that desu

>l-lets be friends tyrion.
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>-334 attitude
>Let us put aside our differences.

Hmmmmm

>Falling for the high elf meme

>not saving the world and having a stiff upper lip while you are at it.

Anywhere I can read up on this?

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Exceptional Quality Firearm" bullshit that's going on in the WFRP system right now. Hochland Long Rifles deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine rifle in Nuln for 400 crowns (that's about $830,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even penetrate slabs of solid steel with my rifle.

Nulner gunsmiths spend years working on a single rifle and test fire it up to a million times to produce the finest guns known to mankind.

Long rifles are thrice as powerful as a bow and thrice as light for that matter too. Anything an Elfbow can put down, a Hochland Long Rifle can put down faster. I'm pretty sure a Hochland Long Rifle could easily explode the head of a knight wearing full plate with a single shot.

Ever wonder why Ultghuan never bothered conquering Nuln? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Gunnery Corps and their firearms of destruction. Even in the Storm of Chaos, mutants and beastmen targeted the men with the long rifles first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Hochland Long Rifles are simply the best guns that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in WFRP. Here is the stat block I propose for Hochland Long Rifles:

Weapon Group: Engineer
Damage 8
Encumbrance 45
Range 96/192
Qualities: Impact, Armor Piercing, Pummelling
Reload Half
Ulric's Fury triggers on 6 or higher
Availability: Very Rare

Now that seems a lot more representative of the ballistic power of long rifles in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Hochland Long Rifles need to do more damage in WFRP, see my new stat block

its on total war access.

Tyrion has always been a violent cretin who gets the credit for the work Teclis and Finubar do.

>Ever wonder why Ultghuan never bothered conquering Nuln? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Gunnery Corps and their firearms of destruction.

There was that time some high elf princeling and his army attacked the Empire for some fucking reason and he got his dragon gibbed out from under him by a Nuln greatcannon.

Have you ever made up a fluff-battle, either just for lore's sake or based off of a campaign?

>I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine rifle in Nuln for 400 crowns (that's about $830,000)

Get off the internet, Karl

make me

Didn't the Nuln Gunnery School keep the dragon skull as a trophy?

I wish they would do this. The Beastmen are so cool I'm Total War, I love the minotaurs. But by comparison, I would never buy the models. They're kind of lame to be honest.

And like you said, I would love to see a massive Hydra model that looks just like the game version. I would buy a Dark Elf and Beastmen army immediately.

Make it so that it ignores mail and leather.

When this says Damage 7, does this mean a single hit that deals 7 or more damage, or an attack that deals 1d10+7?

1d10+7
It's a bit of a weird terminology, but it stems from when WFRP and WFB were compatible, 1d10+7 damage being comparable to a strength 7 hit.

Actually, scratch that, I didn't read the image properly. Since it specifies 'after reduction', that's probably raw damage.

Jesus. So an average peasant hitting you with a club has a 4% chance of fucking up your armor?

>pummeling

kek

I always struggle as Dark Elves vs High Elves. The fucking comp never makes the first move on my lines no matter how much I bait, and my infantry gets eaten alive by HE archers

REEEE

morkai will never make it unless nagash does, which is doubtful

Get in close and take advantage of Eternal Hatred. Use fast cavalry to fuck with their archers.
Bring a Cauldron of Blood.

Dunno how current this is, but 1d4chan might be a help. If a bit meme-y.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Dark_Elves

Why didn't the Dwarfs lead a march on skavenblight with some human allies, ogre mercs, etc.? End the skaven threat forever.

I mean I guess humans didn't know it was there (though I can't see how Tilea didn't know, skavenblight has 250,000 rats in it) but no way did dwarfs/elves didnt

I forgot to mention this is for total war

Only the empire suppresses knowledge of the skaven

Then git gud, faggot.

pretty sure they're considered a myth in Bretonnia as well

Because, as you said, Skavenblight has 250,000 rats in it. They all have the home field advantage, and their spies would know instantly that an attack was coming the moment ink was put to paper planning it. The entire city is suffuse with Warpstone, with an ominous green cloud of the shit surrounding it at all times. There's no goddamn chance that they would even attempt to raise an army to take it, as the first commander to look at the plan would say "wait a tick, that's some bullshit right there" and scrap the plan.

They might try if it was for a grudge.

what about the swampy marshes surrounding it and the whole "lands are plagued with the dead" thing?

It's never clearly stated, as far as I know. But the Skaven have attacked Bretonnia before, and they were involved in the Battle of La Masiontaal, so maybe they're widely known? Or just considered like beastmen, if anything.

Try to bring some bolt throwers

because you cant walk to skavenblight above the ground. Its situated on a poisonous swamp the size of a small country and obscured by confusing magic

Bretonnians don't know shit about Skaven

On one hand, it would be rather stupid if only the Empire was in blissful ignorance about the Skaven - otherwise Bretonnia wouldn't have an excuse to not get swarmed by technologically advanced rats.

On the other hand, while I get that the Empire is being willfully ignorant, is Bretonnia really so backwards and stupid that it can't figure out what Estalia and Tilea obviously know? They don't have the same government conspiracy, and handwaving it on 'Bretonnians are stupid' when one of the quotes shows they aren't stupid is just...stupid?

La Maisontaal Abbey is right on the border between The Empire and Bretonnia.

Both Bretonnia and the Empire have had Skaven invasions preceded by plagues, but in both cases they were mostly lost to history.

But La Masiontaal Abbey's attack wasn't that long ago, right? I honestly can't remember, but I'm pretty sure the Empire hasn't had a major Skaven attack outside of Nuln, and there's the thin excuse that it was already half-evacuated and all.