Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Remember these guys exist edition?

Last >Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

First for Tzeentch.

my dudes > your dudes

Paint your army user

What's a good/cheap FA unit to fill out a brigade for marines?

Show me Chaos Lords. I need to see something interesting.

Hey, question. What's the strongest elite infantry unit in the game, whether pound for pound or in a straight brawl? Paladins? Deathshroud? Some Nid beastie?

Bikes and Assault Squads.

Should be Custards

Asscents are tough as nails, especially around pedro

How do you like to load yours out? anti infantry?

Probably Custards.
Paladins with psychic support and stratagems are a close second, though.

>top 5 squigs
Pic related
Also this one was first.

genestealers and berserkers.

Superheated blades, but yeah, basically lightsaber stalkers. Glad you like them.
Got the idea from the Superheated Saturnite weapons in Fallout New Vegas when fighting Ghost People with the knife, but I decided to make the effect a little more dramatic on mine. Orange also works well on plasma coils, lenses and cables, so blue is being relegated to arc/rad weapons only and possibly the Neutron Laser, because I think massive spidertank artillery firing lances of Cherenkov radiation awesome even when it does clash a little with the red eye lenses.

>that conversion
DAMN that's sexy. Only thing that I wouldn't call perfect are the wings, but I wish I knew how to do that servo-skull search beam.

Secutarii are basically Vanguard +1 for more points, which was almost gamebreakingly incredible back when those were already some of the best infantry in 7e, but I imagine would be about right in 8e if the power gap isn't too huge. If shroud rounds allow -1Hit stacking then I can imagine everyone changing their screens to Peltasts wherever possible, though.
The Ordinatus is just nonsense at all times with the whole "AV 17/16/13, D weapons and Lance can go fuck themselves" thing , but I REALLY want to see what they do with the Emperor-titan level death beam it projects.

Nigga I started squigposting AND stannisposting.

Jump Pack and all Chainswords on the Assault. They lack the punch to go through the tougher stuff, since at best they get a plasma gun and the sergeants weapons. So, I just turn them into a fast, annoying sort-of blender.

Genestealers are Troops.

And still better than anyone's Elites in melee combat.

No eviscerator? It looked overpriced to me.

I have some bikes, but they are grey and riderless atm.

reposting for those who may want to see it

Stannisposting is some retarded fucking autism, don't be proud of that.

Sooner than never isn't exactly an encouraging estimate.

Never

>it's literally nothing
uh, thanks I guess.

Then you deserve to die.

Rolled 4, 2 = 6 (2d6)

On the roll of a 7, Necrons get new lore AGAIN.

By Matt Ward.

Matt Ward did not get rehired by GW stop spreading that stupid meme.

He did, but it was for a limited time, on one small project and he's gone again now.

Yeah no shit.

Which project was it?

Well, if you want to go cheap, Chainswords are free and Jump Packs are 15 points I think, so 80 points for 5 men. You could use them to tie up something shooty I guess, or soften up larger, squishy units. Though, they're not particularly strong themselves, I guess.

Anyone know a good place to buy 40k bits? I want more reaver helms for conversions but lookin through ebay to find them sounds awful.

At least it would be lore.

Anyone got pics of the new artwork from the IG codex?

Something at Black Library, I think.

Vostroyan discount HWT

Opinions ?

Yeah I always looked to bikers first to benefit from the UM chapter tactics.

I may have overlooked assmarines

When's the rhino getting an updated design? How many years have they used that one model?

Genies are troops. Nids actually have shit elite CC beasts, that's where you find their AT firepower.

Ascents? Are those a Crimson Fist unit?

why would you ever expect them to update the rhino

what the hell am i looking at? dudes under blankets firing heavy weapons? if you wanted to be cheap you could cut a guardsman in half and put him on 2 bases

>lets use camo cloaks to hide from the enemy
>but make them a nice bright red so that the enemy can see our glorious heraldry

If they don't buff Lictors in the Codex I will rage

They've been shit for like 6 editions, give them back godmode status.

>cut a vostroyan in half

assault centurions, they are available to codex compliant SM.

Pedro just gives each one an extra attack

Yeah, I really want to know what that search beam is made out of. Craziest stuff I can do is use caulking as fire.

What is this about IG getting new nonrelic wargear I hear?

On the brightside, Haruspexes are supposed to get buffed, so we'll at least have a hentai monster in the elite slot.

I tried to make an actual camo but the result was just pretty meh. It may be good for actual people but on a mini it just look like brown on brown.

Picking up the Necrons start collecting, what else should I get with it ?

Is a hunter enough AT alongside some hellblasters at 1500?

It's weapon doesn't get -1 against non flyers

Scout Bikers have been getting good reviews, I think Attack Bikes are the cheapest codex option though.

They're more like rain tarps.

I have really been wanting to try scout bikers, not sure if the grenades are worth it though.

>my dumb autistic ass starts ing models and factions he doesn't even have yet.
>my dumb autistic ass wonders why he has a huge backlog of unpainted shit.
>my dumb autistic ass watches battle reports for the stuff he wants while he paints what he has.
I want off this ride. I just want to be happy

If you can get the box with the warriors and a ghost ark get that.

Well, instead of brown you could have made them grey to fit your bases like pic related

Good point

Also, since my bases are snow+wet effect, it's more to protect from rain than actual camo. Plus those white and red tarps are also folded on some of my tanks.

I was mostly thinking that Bikes have only heavy weapons, aside from the twin boltguns, and that -1 to hit might hurt, while Assault Marines could get right in the face of something you might want to tie up for a turn, and put a bit of hurt on shooty stuff, or at least die in a glorious last stand while being drowned under a thousand bodies of screaming green retards literally born yesterday.

His destiny is following his most beloved and hallowed character, Kaldor Draigo. Ward is summoned by GW when the Emperor needs him most, to return to the fold and do battle by writing over the top rules and lore. Fuck You, xenos scum! Fuck You, ADB apologists.

Wheb the hell is GW gonna release some new models for IG? I want my fucking Chimerax.

Buying models makes me happy.

Eh, maybe.

The main draw is everybody is shooting two bolters and a shotgun each turn, with sarge showing off and also firing a combi-plasma with his dick for good measure.

Since they didn't come out with this Codex, you have a minimum of like two years before anyone could realistically consider they'll get something new.

>wanting more guardshit

fuck off

These colors are much better,they look like 30k marines

Who's ready for 2++ Ogryns?

So they are mostly infantry harrassers then?

So should i use Warm or cold water for paint water?

warm

Cold water. Hot water is bad for your brush.

My biovores, lol.

Give some love to the thousand sons pls

God dammit

There's only so much you can do with walking ashtrays

It's not like we need a whole new sculpt, just a turret.

Hear that GW? Here's a way to get tons of people to buy new Chimeras AND a conversion kit, while getting nostalgia and lorefags to throw money at you in the hope that you release more of the Epic Chimera variants.

cold
warm water will loosen the glue holding your bristles in

>cold

AND BITTER HAHAHA

*laughs in iron*

Seeing as much more deserving stuff hasnt been introduced either, GW just hates money

Yeah, they don't have the equipment options to do anything else really. The most anti-vehicle they get is charging one and making it fall back from combat, they're so cheap though it's hard to argue.

Anyone know if rough riders are in the new guard dex?

They aren't

They're not.

So release wise what are we looking at? just an ork release and a tau release next year?

Nope

Point to me where you can buy a Rough Rider on Games Workshops webstore.

Some guy keeps shitposting about it so maybe not
However the retard fails to realize that you can just use them from the index

Does that Chimera have a 4-barreled autocannon, a Heavy Bolter, a storm bolter, a lasgun array, and two hellstrike missiles? With an open infantry bay?
Where the hell are they keeping the ammo?

Probably them. Another primarch and primaris wave 2.0

>69
>primaris psykers

What?

you have the pdf?

What is your point

What?

>no krieg

>Reavers are 30ppm
>squad of 6 with minor gear is about 250
God damnit I fucking loved my reavers and now theyre too expensive to fit into my list
Anyone try hellions? Theyre a bit cheaper but considerable weaker. Still look cool though

>99
>Crusaders

Umadbro?

If they don't sell it, it's not in a Codex.

Dumb kriegposter

Fucking obviously.