D&D 5e Spider Race

Why the fuck is there no D&D race for a giant spider dammit. THIS MUST BE CORRECTED NOW!

Agreed. Spiderpeople are great, and all you really have to do physically to a spider to make a spiderperson is to scale them up. The same can also be said of octopeople, which I also want more support for in RPGs.

really made me think

Well I think the main impediment is that they are unusually shaped (2 arm, legs, head) and they don't have a way to manipulate tools or use conventional equipment. If this were D&D, you'd essentially need to be mage handing everything around and playing a caster. The closest thing I've seen to being able to play a true giant spider is the Ananasi in Werewolf.

Nah man I'm talking flat out giant spiders none of this humanoid/half-breed shit. Just flat out race of intelligent giant spiders. If they wanna hold something they can use either their small claws at the end of their legs (yes they do have small ones) or they can just use their webbing to forcefully attach items to the ends of their front limbs.

I have always been a fan of Tesseract Spiders, had one game where they had a giant floating city.

I was gonna say do it like dwarf fortress and have them move on two legs and use 5 shields, but I could see something like this working

I could also see some form of aasimar spider for lack of better term, using astral spiders as the base and giving them ability to plane jump or maybe give them radiant bite.

Magical spider!

source?

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka (lit: "I'm a spider, so what?"), a tale about a girl who who becomes a girl (spider) in what seems to be a fantasy RPG world. Originally a very long web novel of curious quality.

Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?

the mangas pretty cool

thanks friends

More like best architect spider.

>Play as a Druid
>Become level 2
>Take Circle of the Moon
>Wild Shape into a giant spider as often as possible.
>Terrify the local villagers

Well that would be the obvious Game balance concerns and endless "that guy" BS that it would engender.

First, difficult to balance the OP racials that they would by definition have. A permanently spider climbing webshooting PC with natural weapons and/or venom is ridiculous, and that's only touching a few common features of spiders.

Second, "that guy" type arguments. 4 pairs of boots? 4 pairs of gloves? a 2 handed weapon and a shield? The list here is long and annoying.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done. But you'd have to nail down a lot of shit and really reign in their natural spider-powers. And that's why there is no DND race for a giant spider. No one put in that effort yet.

You throw the fact that Spiders can't wear boots. They only have natural weapons, and can only handle certain magic items, no weapons except ones made specially for the spiders.

Christ, spider players would be awful.

Spider NPC's however, I can get behind

>this whole thread

They already exist. They're called Aranea.

> Racial for wall climbing
> Racial for silk production
> Racial for venom
> Racial for spider senses
That may be difficult.

Yo waddup spiders are great

Hmmmmm

>web novel
I chuckled.

Hey guys, can I join? We're friends right?