/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous Thread Archive and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

TRAVELLER

Before I post all ten pages, and I will, have there been any updates/revisions to this in the last months/year?

The only thing ever done was compiling it into 5 pages. Not at my computer to post, sadly

Okay, well I don't have that, so I just did it myself. Five pages; going to make sure that they download to < 8 each time.

(2/5)

(3/5)

(4/5)

(5/5)

You da real mvp. Fulcrum is a really good adventure cyoa and it’s a shame the author was (probably) driven off.

Wasn't it mentioned that the RWBY companion page was being released today?

Looks more like one of those knock off RPG character CYOAs to me. No hook, no investment.

There was an updated version that got released in the last thread, but only for the first 3 pages I believe

I think he said they were done.

Maybe he's just being a cuck.

Don't tell lies about my friend, you cunt.

>Season: Winter
Few were looking when the fourth flame ignited. The world had be rocked to sleep by the winter winds and buried under a blanked of cold snow. But the few nomads and hunters that were looking to the mountains on the cold winter day say it was a sight they could not have even imagined. In the pale afternoon light a streak of deep blue fire erupted from the mountainside, ascending until it looked on level with the sun and shining twice as brightly. Word traveled slowly through the sleepy kingdoms but their rest was cut short by the news; a new phoenix king has entered the world.
>Blue Flame
At first rulers scrambled, pushing their malnourished guards onto their walls at all hours of the day and night, awaiting an attack that the few elders that could remember shudder to think of. But the days came and went, the snows passed, and then thawed, and there was nothing. As the roads cleared tales began to flood into the cities, tales of a brilliant blue phoenix parading through the sky apparently overcome with joy, or of families on the frontiers being saved from frost or starvation by the genital indigo flame. And all the while no king had spoken a word to him, be it in defiance or surrender. And as the flowers began to bloom and life returned, the world sighed in relief, that this new king would not bring with him another war.
>Powers: Form, Instinct, Rekindle
>Kingdom: Spier
As the seasons changed again summer saw only the proliferation of the legend. The phoenix's flame was at its height and so the tales became grander. It became known that he had saved the kingdom of Spier from the plague of griffons that had been besieging them and they now welcomed him as their hero. As the kingdom was far removed from the affairs of the rest of the world, the few kingdoms that still bristled at the thought of a new phoenix king could do nothing. He made a home in that high perched city, and from there led a long life of adventure and exploration.

Total cuck.

Didn't he say he finished it yesterday, but wanted to wait because he was tired and wanted to sleep?

You're talking to none other than a noble brat. I fail to see why fate has saddled me with *responsibility*.

I had a modest upbringing. Summers off the coast of Cattan, the finest Gnomish Chocolate, and personal study under "The Caller" a legendary shaman.

I suspect father traded a wealth of flora and fauna for my education. None of it went to waste I hope. I had the finest alchemical and survival training possible. Do you know what a molecule is? Truth be told, I'm sure the caller might have been drinking too much spirit tea around me.

In addition to survival and alchemy, I poured my studies into Arcana, Shadowcraft, and a bit into Charisma and Investigation.

3: Wild Lore, Alchemy, Arcana, Shadowcraft
1: Charisma, Investigation

Needless to say, I mastered the Lore of Water. In addition, I studied Geomancy, and a bit in shadows and wind.

5 Water, 3 Earth, 1 Wind & Abyss

It was decided that I was to secure the Sacred Mountain, old cave ruins carved long before the elves came into being. One of my benefactor's, Nualla Pale had secured the territory at a discount. (Sanctuary 6500*.4= 2600).

The Mountain itself was located on a key shadow leyline, a weak, but numerous necromancer cult has been using it as a base for the last two centuries.

With my remaining funds (7400), I determined a strike force of 16 golems (-6400) operating in tandem would be sufficient to reclaim and secure the mountain.

For over a month we cleansed the mountain of necromancers and the undead. a Mixture of peasants and foremen were hired to dispose of the dead, and improve it beyond it's former glory. (65 skilled workers, 350 Hirelings, 0 gold remaining).

Nualla dropped by once again to lend me the services of TRU, the Wyrmind, and Drifting Petal's Song. The Sacred Mountain prospered into a grand fortress over the course of the next year...

Pyyrah
Drifting Petal's Song
TRU
Wyrmind

The Workers oversaw the Hirelings, and the 16 Golems were more than sufficient to keep brigands and troublemakers off the surrounding land.

It was at this point that my dear parents informed me of a debt to Nualla that was to be paid. The Order as well as a cabal of nobles saw my status as Fulcrum as an opportunity...

Several decades before I was born, monsters were far more commonplace. Holy wars by the Great Church and Paladin Order soon purged them from this land. There were survivors, though the population never recovered, some being on the verge of extinction.

I was always told of my betrothed. I appreciated the security, that so long as I fulfilled my obligations, I would have someone waiting for me at the end of my labors. She was strong, clever, and a bit stoic. I exchanged letters with her throughout my childhood, and delighted in knowing someone was there for me.

As with noble tradition, we were fated to carry our noble bloodline. Nualla called for her to meet me at the Sacred Mountain! I couldn't wait to meet her; Pyyrah, my beloved! I would finally know what she looked like!

Can someone post Mentor/Lover/Friend/Riva, I wasn't able to reply to the author because I fell asleep and the thread died. D:

...Fine, only because acheld is the best author.

Oh shit, just realized I posted the wrong Cyoa.

I've played this through at least what; 3 times? It's always pretty entertaining. And the characters aren't all cheesecake either.

Well it's good you like it so much, seems he will do more with it.

I just reset my computer, post as much CYOA as you can.

We need more people linke that

>Zombie 16
>Skeleton Mode 12
>Pull The Plug 9
>SuperStrength 6
>Invasion Aliens+The Challenge 10
>Flight 4
>Bound Item
>Training (Using my bones as musical instruments)

Can you say skeleton-man saves the earth by spooking the ayylamaos?

Thread ruined

Thread was stagnant. Post better CYOA's if you have 'em.

>tfw want to make a potion maker cyoa
>tfw you know people are morons and autistic and you don't want to be spammed with "imagine what this potion does for me" questions
I miss the old days where people could think for themselves.

How am I just realizing now how badly the logo is cut out?
I understand it's one of my earlier cyoas, but God I'm disappointed in myself.

Class
>Doll
Companion
>Piper and Peri
Owner
>Scott
Perks
>Leader
>Anime figures
>Accessories
>Gimmick

Lez out with Piper and Peri with all of my dildo accessories. Can't really think of anything else to do here.

yes, also because im going to release it alongside the nemesis section and RL stuff is getting in the way

so sometime this week but when is unknown

sorry for the delay everyone

>Complaining about autists to have a excuse
Oldest trick in the book.

When I saw the lego guy all I could think of was that one /d/eviant who use hers...sexually. Just a fair warning, you never know what'll happen when those kids turn into teenagers.

>Anime figurines can be visited
>But you can't be one
Why?

>Reincarnate
>Can be reborn as animals
>Reborn as an Immortal Jellyfish
>Ten thousand years have passed before you're human again

Hell, even with Blacklist, there are 7 to 9 million species out there. Even birth and death of one once a day, excluding womb/egg/etc time, means it'll be over 19000 years that'll you'll spend not as a human mixed among your many lives.
But if your reborn as say, a moss pig, deep underground who goes into spore form when the aquifer you live in dries up, that's can easily be several thousand years.
Memories coming back but nothing, you won't even recognise society anymore.

Purchase blacklist and that will only happen once

I took almost the exact same build for the same reasons.

Anyone got any futa cyoas they can post in /trash/?
I asked over there but they only have one

"If anyone tries to have sex with you they will turn in to Ash" Would that include myself, or partners I consent with?

Partners? Yes.
Yourself? No.

but lego guys are so...small...I could understand if it was a whole "barbie goes spelunking" thing but a lego guy?

maybe it was a guy made out of lego?

>they only have one
Good.

That's...possible

> observer 6
> excitement detector 5
> posession 8
> hypnotism 5
> training 1

Now I am trying to imagine what will be the triggerfor my excitement detector between heat death of the universe and the next big bang.
Current options are my own sick imagination and last black hole's event horizon.

Shoujo (2): easily the best form of immortality available in the CYOA.
Superstrength (3): with the strength of 10 little girls, I shouldn't have problems with daily tasks
Always Something to Do (12): You're welcome, universe! Also this stops me from being caught in a landslide and spending a thousand years or possibly forever (if I don't escape before the earth falls into the sun) pinned in one place.

A further 8 points remain that can be used according to taste. My inclination are Twin (4) and Onii-chan (4), so I will have something resembling peers during my immortal existence.

It's OC Time. (1/4)

>easily the best form of immortality available in the CYOA.
I dunno... Slime is a close contender

(2/4)

I agree. I considered mentioning that but decided not to digress.

(3/4)

(4/4)

The CYOA says:
>You are given an elder brother who has the same immortality as you.
and
>Although your onii-chan would never think of you in a sexual way, in the event of Japan physics, his immortality would keep him from being harmed by your predator defenses.

So your immortality protects you against your predator defenses. The same goes for your twin because she also has "the same immortality as you."

I pick number 3, you have the knowledge but your ideas are fleeting and your motivation gone

God. What were you thinking with that font and background color. Never do dark on dark..

This is real chuuni, just barely not scraping into engy. I love it.
>The unicorn
>Mystical power, Burned Man, father's child

It was far brighter before jpg got it :( If there's any interest in the CYOA as a whole I might redo that page's text but I just wanted to be done with the thing by the time I got to the bottom of 4.

>no contract to turn you into a female

Oh well no yuri succubus for me.

>Thousand
Mostly because the image is from that one artist dude
>Black
>that decsription for white
heck
Humanish is pretty dang good too
>Vagina
>Like a daughter
I'd really rather treat her like an old friend
>Contract of: Worship,
welp that was easy
so from what I gather from the contract of love, she'll only be romantic to me if I pick that?
>Piercing, upper part of the ear
One of those small earrings, I'm a sucker for those.
again, dang that one was easy
>Asset exchange: None
>Anniversary gift: None
Salvation would be rude to her if she wanted to keep hang out.
Either this was horribly easy or I messed up somewhere

What an edgy character.

Humans are foolish creatures, gullible, and easily manipulated.

I see people wittingly throw their life away on the street. But that will not be me.

From the first day of my studies, I devote myself to understand the emotions of others, how to emulate them, and how to manipulate them.
Of course it would be fullish of me to not learn any means to protect myself. Under the teaching of Ms Lana, I dedicated my times to train in the art of arcane manipulation, bending tbe very essence of energy itself.

3 in Governance (6), Investigation (3), Charisma (6), Arcana (3)
1 in Tradecraft (1), Command (1)

Through my studies, I have slowly uncovered the Lore of Heavens, allowing my to glimpse at what is to come. With this power, no mortal will ever be able to stand against me.

5 in Lore of Heavens (15)
3 in Lore of Fire (0)
2 in Lore of Abyss (3)
1 in Lore of Water (1), Lore of Earth (1)

A CYOA for all seasons!

I’m going to do one for each Path, as I find them all cool

>Dark Forest
Boons- Hatchet, Guidebook, Pack
Civilization- Isolated Town
Perks- Dark Sight, One Eye Open, Peacemaker
Companions- Gerald, Xanthia, Hannah
Challenges- Shub Niggurath, Rusalka, Goblins, Confounding Woods, Walker of the Woods

Goddamn, spooky. Love it. My first choice for sure.

>Winter Forest
Boons- Sturdy Clothes, Guidebook, Hatchet
Civilization- Urban Enigma
Perks- Cold Blooded, Breath of the North, Snowstep
Companions- Ullr, Red
Challenges- Wendigo, Murder Bear, The Beast Below, Megafauna

I hate the cold, but I can dig it.

>Fear Forest
Boons- Hatchet, Red String, Pack
Civilization- Lodge
Perks- Very Nice Lock, Necronomicon, Skeleton Key, Evil Against Evil
Companions- Karina, Bran
Challenges...
Town- Forest Lords, Witchcraft, Bloodrites
Forest- Vampires, Werewolves, Eldritch God, Fey Folk

This one is cool as dicks too. You’ve managed to set up three unique scenarios for me, each evoking horror of a different type.

The formatting and readability needs some work, but this cyoa will keep me coming back all day. I’m a horror fan and a big Lovecraft fag, so that’s helps

Ahhhh, wait. I fucked up my Fear challenges and shorted one for the Town and Forest each. Add Witchcraft to the Forest and Vampires to the Town

I really like this CYOA but how many companions are you allowed to choose? I don't see it listed anywhere

It’s under each Civilization, bruh

oh snap

Also the text color for the fear forest page makes it really hard to read; maybe work on that

>tfw can't make a build for Time of Troubles because not sure if just a 100 of the elite units is actually enough to gas thousands of the more regular ones or if their powerlevel is more realistic
why must I be so autistic

You have to pick an Anniversary gift.
Also, I don't think Love Contract is the only way, just the assured way.

Text too clashing. Need to squint to read. Red on black is ick.

>Boons
Mirror
Bow & Arrows
Guidebook

>Civilization
Isolated town

>Goal
Find romance

>Path
Fear

>Perks
Dark trader
New blood
Necronomicon

>Companions
Priestess of the forest
Shiina
Azure

>Challenges
Fair folk (both)
Witchcraft (town)
Forest lords (both)
Werewolves(forest)
Vampires(forest)

I don't know why but for some reason i don't really mind this strange fucked up afterlife. I even find it sighltly comfy.

cool cyoa, but I'm going to hold off on the fourth page until the text is changed.

Well I don't want to take Sabotage because that would be a dick move if she wanted to keep hanging out. I guess I can visit her house for a week.
>she won't develop romantic feeling
neat.

Ah yes' those mythical days of yore. Where men were men, women stayed in the kitchen, and everyone was better at everything forever.

Alright, chaps, I'll be replacing all the text that has a solid background (so pretty much just not the title and intro paragraph) with white on black. I think that will still give it a dark, stark look without running into the "All colors get muddy when saved as jpg" that red on grey did

My thanks

Ohhh dark adventure. I LOVE IT

>Boons
-Cell Phone
Flashlight, camera, voice recorder, memo, games, and many soft copy of books. Infinite battery and storage? Fuck yeah
-Knife
If you ever have go camping for a month, you will understand how important having a knife is. The extra feature is a bonus, although I don't know whats its use.
-Red String
I want to meet my waifu.

>Civilization
Cabin in the Woods

>Goal
Find Romance

>Path
-Night
>I am in those jump-scare horror survival, huh

>Common Perks
-Hidey Hole
There is NO better place in any horror game than in places where the game soundtrack is soothing and serene, calming your bloodshot nerve.
-Dark Trader
-Peacemaker
-"Blank" Map

>Companions
-Priestess of the Forest
Waifu GET!
-Priestess of Light
It's dark out there, and evil things await in the shadow to ambush. We have mutual agenda in hating the light and following the order of life.

>Night Perk
-Huddle in Terror
Huddled together for warmth of campfire. A circle in the dark. Rats in a maze.
-Book of Shadows
Knowing your enemies is half the battle.
-One Eye Open
Constant vigilance. That's how the hunted one survived.
+Lighter Burderns
Endurance for forest trackers is crucial.

>Night Companion
-Hans
Get the flamethrower. Or his bow to hunt animals. A friend in trouble.

>Night Challenges
-Stalking Spooks
-Rusalka
I can somehow resist it after knowing they are Siren-like creature, except in forest. But maybe not for Hans.
Plus they are knowledgeable, so that's a help for the next challenge:
-Shadow Herders
-+Extra Challenge
-The Unquiet Dead

First thing to do is to find the Hidey Hole.
Then craft myself a makeshift weapon, like spear.
Then scout the area for clean water source
Foraging for food in the meanwhile.
Prepare tons of campwood and torches.
Find Hans and the Priestess of Light.
And then the exploration can begin:

Find the waifu. Then find a way to escape or to survive together. At all cost.

How friendly we talking about?

Does the black unicorn comes with complementary volcano and chalice filled with the laughter of small children?

sure why not

Why not make a nightmare mode where you have to survive the three paths at the same time?
So you can choose from all the perks and companions?
that would be cool

Why not use Sartre and do it?

You'll need a lot more points for that shit though. But, well, Nightmare mode, so I'll, like, just point and laff at the user who took it.

And then feel a bit sorry for the fool.

>Tfw you can't have full team RWBY as companions

Is the pic from Naruto Wave Arc?

No, its from the cool ass Berserk Anime

I can’t decide which would be worse,
conquering one hellish universe only to be tossed into the nest, or losing your companions each time you moved on. You’d have just enough to time to realize what’s happened before the new forest kills your memories again. Some Dark Tower shit right there

>tfw there is no CYOA about the settings of other cyoas and their characters coming together.

I've seen this before. id love to see an expansion of the author is lurking around

>Booms
Pack
Lantern
Guidebook

>Civilization
Isolated Town

>Goal
Survive

>Path
Night

>Night Perks
One eye Open
Book of Shadows
Blood Dagger

>Night Companions
Lienne
Hans
Scarlet Desrosiers

>Night Challenges
Stalking Spooks
Goblins
Shadow Herders
Rusalka
Death Wolves
Incarnation of Decay (as an extra, I'll be picking another Perk - Lurk)

Basically I'll try my best to survive, as my Goal, but I'll keep in mind how to escape as well. I'll try to do my best mainly by gathering any info I can to help me. But I honestly don't think I'll survive that long. The Challenges are almost impossible to overcome, specially those who aren't flesh living things, and I even picked all the "less dangerous" Challenges.

This is a though CYOA, each path you take is basically fucked up, the Challenges are impossible to overcome and the Perks are few with no huge advantages.