"10 or less life" Edition!

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=182271).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FUCKING maro STOP STEALING MY OG DESIGNS AND RUINING IT YOU GODDAMNED HACK

I shouldn't reward you for acting like a total sperg, but I'm curious, what're you yelling about? Link or pic please.

And of course I don't actually have a card that fits into the thread edition.

Anyway, still working on this. Idea is it's an electric shock that can be tuned to affect metals and nonmetals in different ways.

I want this to be a real card

Should cost W and cantrip.

Not entirely sure on the "twice" part, but otherwise pretty cool. Reminds me of Transcendence.

Card name already in use

It's a reprint with different art.

In order to avoid problems like this, I recommend putting (R) at the end of the name so people know it's a reprint.

Decided to go nuts with this. The ability will allow it to become a copy of any creature ever printed with CMC X (AFAIK, it will only allow it to become a copy of a legal creature, so no silver-border cards). Based on the Momir Vig avatar (gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=182271).

Probably a bad idea, but I might as well try it out.

>didn't give him Changeling

smdh at these toonfag secondaries

>>didn't give him Changeling
Eh, I can throw it on. Well, not Changeling per se, but something like it.

>smdh at these toonfag secondaries
I don't even know what this means.

Have you considered adding a clause that makes it sacrifice itself if there are no creatures on the battlefield, or a sac ability? Maybe "B, sacrifice ~: exile up to three creatures from each players graveyard."

The second ability is only there because it's a powerful stax effect. I wanted to upgrade call to the grave

Working on a set of five, 4-colour EDH decks with custom commanders.

The commanders are going to each going to be a pair of two-color commanders with Unity (pictured). This totals, across the 5 decks, 10 legends covering all 10 two-color pairs.

Plz help by pitching me ideas for each of the color pairs. I want effects that will work well in the realm of being paired with another commander. (See Ghostdrinker for an example of my favorite current design.)

Also, will have a 5-card cycle of Rare, single-color legends with Unity as sub-commanders in the decks. Single-color effect ideas also welcome.

>Unity
Why make this when you could use Partner?

Oh, and the UB one should also be legendary.

>Why make this when you could use Partner?
:^) because my creatures aren't the owners of a legal firm duh.

Also because I forgot Partner was a thing 90% due to how underwhelming all the boring cards they released in CMD2016 were, 10% because I'm sleepy...

Gonna toss out a few ideas tho.

Read more Oracle text. It would behoove you to read new cards and remember new mechanics, even if you do find them underwhelming. Otherwise you "invent" mechanics Wizards already came up with. It also helps with feedback, since Wizards usually reports on how well or poorly mechanics worked and their strengths and weaknesses. I realize Wizards isn't perfect, but it would be foolish not to listen to them, even if you disagree with them.

>even if you do find them underwhelming.
Not the mechanic, the cards they printed it on. CMD2016 was a mess.

God I hate phone posting. What I meant with listening to Wizards is that you can take what they say and apply it to cards that get judged here.

Even if you find the cards underwhelming then. The point is, you should pay closer attention to cards.

Different user here but I think Unity as a mechanic could work if you were designing something that would be broken with the older partners.

If Wizards ever does partners again I kinda hope they change the keyword so you can't use them with the old ones.

Should probably be
>Whenever a player cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets a legendary creature you control, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Not entirely sure, but you might want to change to
>[...] that targets only a single legendary creature you control, [...]

Hmm, starting to wonder about making it bigger, applying the trigger to all your creature,s but copying the spell twice instead if it targets a legendary creature.

>Not entirely sure, but you might want to change to ....
I probably do, yes.

>Hmm, starting to wonder about making it bigger, applying the trigger to all your creature,s but copying the spell twice instead if it targets a legendary creature.
Hmm... hmmm.... could work.

That seems unnecessarily constraining. I'd rather just have a broken Partner get banned than make a new keyword with nearly the exact mechanic.

Updated my math demon. Thoughts?

Probably this is mostly a terrible idea...

Since we're talking Commanders anyway, here's one for Kavu. Sorry for phoneposting, but you know how it is.

>Kavu King
>3RGW
>Legendary Creature - Kavu
>Rare
>Eminence - Whenever another Kavu enter the battlefield under your control, if ~ is on the battlefield or in your command zone, you may pay RGW. If you do, create a 4/4 green Kavu creature token with Trample.
>Trample
>Each Kavu you control gets +1/+1 for each other Kavu you control.
>6/6

Also thinking of a pair of Slivers with Partner. One would be the standard WUBRG lord, but I'm thinking of doing something different with the other, maybe an artifact creature with a Sliver-based Clone effect.

You could just say
>When you cast ~, add WUBRG to your mana pool.
Usually when Magic uses your wording, they specify which zone it came from, usually the hand.

>You could just say...
will do.

Hmm. Seems abuse-able, but it's a start.

Seems more WB to me. Maybe pay a mana cost on the trigger to increase life loss/gain? Could be interesting for politics.

>Could be interesting for politics.
That's the idea. Is to be paired with the WU one shown
was trying to think of a G/B political type effect. May swich the life loss to Target opponent instead of Each.

First draft.

>WUBRG Sliver
>WUBRG
>Legendary Creature - Sliver
>Rare
>You may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast Sliver spells or activate abilities of Slivers.
>T, Tap six other untapped Slivers you control: For each nonlegendary Sliver you control, create a token that's a copy of that creature.
>Partner
>7/7

>Sliver Replicator
>7
>Legendary Artifact Creature - Sliver
>Rare
>You may have ~ enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield or in the command zone, except its name is still ~, it's colorless, it's a legendary Sliver artifact in addition to its other types, and it has "Each other Sliver you control has all activated abilities of this creature."
>Partner
>5/5

Alternate version. This seems oddly more political. I kinda like it.

*legendary creature*
oops.

>No flash
literally unplayable.

Alright gotcha, it's supposed to be a downside.

Because why not?

What said. Also, art in use, Lord of Shatterskull Pass.

Revamping a card I did a while ago. No creature types, that's intentional. One of the things about the Phantom Stranger was the he has no set origin, and very little is actually known about the guy,

/r/ing a Skeleton Lord that I can imagine would be good for my meme casual skeleton deck.

Wish it was monoblack but other than that it's perfect and I love it.

>Exile target non-Skeleton creature card from a graveyard. Create a token that's a ocpy of it, except it's a black Skeleton in addition to its other colors and types.
Green feels off, and mentioning Horrors feels really weird, especially since the card doesn't interact with them any further, but does for Skeletons.

Still trying to get a feel for this, but I just really like the idea of some of the cards in Gwent and love the idea of them ported onto magic.

Very boring. What's the flavor?

Do you mean as in the lore behind the card? In the witcher universe
Leshens are forest spirits that can control the forest around them to attack you. They can be located because flocks of crows always gather where they roam. Ancient leshens are capable of "marking" a human as well: as long as the marked human is alive the leshen cannot be killed and will keep regenerating.

>Ancient leshens are capable of "marking" a human as well: as long as the marked human is alive the leshen cannot be killed and will keep regenerating.
Hmm...
>As ~ enters the battlefield, put a [kind] counter on a creature you control.
Maybe restrict to Humans only?
>~ has indestructible as long as you control a creature with a [kind] counter on it.

A followup on this theme

Completely unplayable.

It breaks the game since you could only put usually 2-3 permanents down on the battlefield each turn, and only have it until end of turn since Ragh would destroy each other permanent. Not even Eon Hub could save you.
Nothing wrong here.
Replace all instances of G with B.
Also cool
Eerie Interlude on a body? Nice.
Seeing how most extra turn cards are blue (unless it has a chance you would lose the game), and if you do decide to make this with flash, I would make it blue, not red.

Well Eon Hub could save you I guess, it just makes that card completely dead.

This is card is too weak, you need to buff its power and/or toughness. In actual game play you'll only realistically have protection from cmc four and 6. I'd try making it a 3/2 and tone it down later if that is consistently too good.

>Eerie Interlude on a body? Nice.
Thanks! I actually had the idea before Eerie Interlude was printed.

>Amnath
Eh... just feels like another Athreos. Return to the Scars of the Battle for Theros?

Worse Mindswipe? Eh, Mindswipe isn't very good anyay.

'Sup.

You can do better, user.

Second draft of my blue commons. Changes based on the feedback I received last thread, mostly cost, power/toughness, and wording stuff; thanks for that! I completely revamped Empire's Messenger. I'm taking some cues from the Time Spiral block in this set, with some near-functional reprints (CU01 and Aven Augur, for example) and mechanical stuff like spellshapers and a decent level of complexity across the board. Anyway, here they are!

I like it. Stymie looks like Remand except you don't get to draw a card, maybe let the user draw a card at the beginning of their next upkeep or just make it Remand?

I came up with "embalm" back in 2013 as a fair, creature version of flashback.

So did I! Weird.

Yeah, and we were all talking about you when it happened too. I hope they bring the mechanic, but without the color and type changing.

>Specter
This doesn't even behave like a Specter.

*bring back the mechanic

So weird? The amount of content they steal from these threads is obnoxious.

>I came up with something obvious and wizards implemented the same later
>T-they clearly read this thread and s-stole it!

Legends have a title, or something similar.

>Draug, the broken card
>Other specters you control have haste.
>When ~ etbs, it deals 7 damage among any number of target creatures and/or players.

I don't think you realize this is:
a) a one sided board wipe.
b) 14 damage in one card for 6 (7~) mana at the very least.
c) Broken.

Call it whatever, faggot.
Bounty counters, crew, embalm, spell mastery, flavor text, straight up copied cards. I've seen it all. There's a point where coincidence is no longer conceivable.

It used to be worse. So much worse.

Ha ha ha
You are like a baby, Let me show you how it's done
COOLDOWN

>crew
Oh, Pirate user's idea for Ships? The one that works entirely differently from MTG's Vehicles?

Wasn't that just one tripfag that got later (perma)banned for his other shittery?

You are a silly little baby

No. It wasn't virt. It was like, a good couple years before him.

And you're fucking retarded if you think R&D doesn't look into these threads. It's irrelevant. I know better, and you're just voluntarily oblivious to Hasbro-WotC's 'policies'.

>virt
Huh, does virt even do MTG? I think he was banned by the time I found Veeky Forums, or shortly after, so I don't know much about him other than the horror stories from threads talking about him. Like cumming in some guy's food because he'd been fudging dice rolls. And all the guro shit, including a piece that looked like his ex.

Er, not that user by the way, just chiming in.

Either you're right but Wizards goes out of their way to cover their tracks, or you're wrong. Either way, you can't actually prove it, so just chill.

No. Cooldown guy was just some random user who made really, aggressively shit cards (usually crazy overpowered, completely off color, and "Balanced" with a mechanic called "Cooldown" which made you unable to cast spells for the next X turns or more rarely one that made you sac any land tapped to cast it) and got really Really REALLY mad when anyone gave his cards any sort of comment other than 100% approval. I'm sure someone has the image of his "Gems"

Look man. I made Great Oak Guardian, only it was 3GG and a 3/4, posted it about a year before it came out. I can't prove anything, but I've been around for longer than most people here, and as I said; there's a point where coincidence is just no longer a viable possibility. R&D and us work with the exact same framework— the rules of the game. And things are bound to be similar. But nigh-exact copies of cards that are printed a year or so after they're posted is preposterous.

Plus the inherent anonymity of the site makes it SUPER EASY to get away with just nicking ideas
If you copy a card someone posted on reddit, the guy can come up and say "I DID THIS FIRST, LOOK IT WAS ME HERE" and there's a record. On here it's just... some random asshole's word about an event that no record exists of

This includes itself. Not sure if intentional.

Oh yeah, I remember him. The "heckler" guy right?

Yep. Either a very persistent troll or someone with their head so far up their ass they were choking on it

That's good. But with that cost and rarity? You best be adding an "Other"

Adding Shock for a single charge counter?