/wmg/ Warmachine/Hordes General

Themepocalypse aside, running mercs in themes might actually help against Cryx bullshit - edition

>Mk3 list building:
conflictchamber.com

>Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / d0thm

>PP Youtube
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

>Latest Errata: June 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/6.23.2017/Core-Rules-Errata-June2017.pdf

>Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces Sept2017v2.pdf

>Steamroller Rules
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/LnL/Steamroller Rules 2017.pdf

>Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

>Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

>Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

Other urls found in this thread:

tabletopturniere.de/t3_armies.php?gid=7&cid=1&latest=1
i.imgur.com/aVgvFcH.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks to the devour wurm god, Circle hat enough options against Cryx ghost spam.

But I loose to high arm Khador and Menoth all the time. Unfair PP!

So Cryx is godlike, does that mean Asphyxious3 is?

Time to $$$ some rock monsters. Rock monsters are basically better Khador now.

He did it, lad. Without sacrificing the virgin.

>
>Time to $$$ some rock monsters. Rock monsters are basically better Khador now.

Is the orbors construct beast CID over?

Don't think it is, but I wouldn't expect big changes on release.

Has anyone uploaded nq prime yet?

What you say the best model in your faction is at the moment? I'd say for trolls it has to be the Mountain King. One of the best Gargantuans in the game if not the best.

Probably this passive-aggressive thing.

Not the winter guard rocket man? I don't think the marauder even rates in comparison. Every khador player I know is running some variant of the rocket party.

Grundback Gunner. I don't think it's close.

Rocket Man is a brave soul, but does fucking nothing without a hit and/or damage buff.

The Marauder is Khador's go-to jack because it gives you the survivability of an 18 point heavy for 10 points and is the most focus efficient doofus in the faction. You rarely ever need more than Power Up, no matter what you do.

Am I missing something? How are merc themes going to help with the cryx boogieman?

mercs IN themes. You can bring Alexia2 to get RFP in Cygnar or Aiyana and Holt to get magic in Khador.

Is it me or the people winning at WTC with Cryx were just good players and not basement-dweller-theorycrafter with not much play time that usually complain and mine salt all day long on Veeky Forums.

Just a thought.

Warmachine is trash

and so are we

Yup, I knew I hit something there.

>loose
so tighten it up

It's probably still the GMCA in Cygnar. That little dude enables every other model in the faction. You don't see it much lately on the national stage because it's been excluded from all the theme lists, but I'm still playing it like crazy in our theme-hating local.

Arcanists are almost omnipresent, so I guess they are the best we have.

Satyxis resculpts released W H E N

hopefully never. Satyxis are aids to play against WITHOUT a theme force. Things can only get worse.

So, I wanted to start with warmachine/hordes but i'm kinda lost in where to start, what models i need to get etc etc. Could anyone help me?

The Battle Boxes are all you need to start the game. You'll get a Warlock/Warcaster and a small starting battlegroup, a rulebook, and some intro stuff to help teach you the rules. They're pretty damn cheap as well, so they're a great way to dabble with the game and see if you like it before making the plunge.

Ah ok cool. Coming from 40k, how accepted are minor conversions of the miniatures? for example I get a warcaster and replace the head with a helmeted one? And is there a faction I absolutly need to avoid or is it mostly balanced?

For official, high level play:

>• Models cannot be converted in such a way that any part of
the model represents the intellectual property of any party
except Privateer Press, including copyrighted logos, symbols,
iconic elements, or other iconography.

>• The majority of a converted model’s volume must be
composed of parts from Privateer Press models. To avoid
confusion, the conversion should include iconic elements of
the model it is intended to represent.

>• A weapon on a model can be converted as long as the
conversion represents the same type of weapon (e.g., the
model’s axe is still an axe and not a hammer).

>• A weapon can be completely swapped for another weapon
as long as the new weapon is of the same type (e.g., an axe
for an axe, a rifle for a rifle).

>• A weapon cannot be removed unless it is replaced by another
weapon; conversely, a weapon cannot be added unless it
replaces a weapon that was removed.

>• If a conversion uses a Privateer Press upgrade kit for the
model it is intended to represent, all parts of the upgrade kit
must be clearly visible on the model.

>• Models must be mounted on appropriately sized roundlipped
bases. Added scenic details can overhang the base’s
edge but must not obscure the edge in a way that makes
accurate measuring during a game difficult or impossible.

>• A player cannot use a model as a proxy (stand-in) for
another model.

>• Any conversions must be clearly pointed out to the opponent
before the game, and the end result of any conversion must
be clearly identifiable as the intended model."

For at home/casually/both: You can do whatever. A simple helmet swap would be fine in both cases. I did it myself plenty of times.

>And is there a faction I absolutly need to avoid or is it mostly balanced?

If you're just starting, everyone is fine (Trolls have the weakest starter box). If you're planning to get into it deeply, Cryx is overpowered if you abuse certain model combinations.

Good to know, thanks! I'll see if I can find a store here that even has it in stock and see what faction I like the most.

>[Are] people winning at WTC [] just good players
Yes. Not just, but yes, they are.

>>• Models must be mounted on appropriately sized roundlipped
>bases. Added scenic details can overhang the base’s
>edge but must not obscure the edge in a way that makes
>accurate measuring during a game difficult or impossible.
Always my favorite conversion rule.

Conversions are generally fine. The big no-no is converting a model such that (a) it physically interferes with the game, or (b) your opponent can't tell what it is supposed to be. There's a lengthy official document on the subject, which is kind enough to summarize, but don't make to much of it. It's mainly there as a guideline to players, and so that event organizers have a legal leg to stand on if they need to block a conversion. A lot of models that don't meet the letter of the document (but do meet the intent) are routinely played in events at all levels.

Coming from 40K, you'll find the balance to be excellent. There will be people on here that will bitch and moan about this or that power level, but WMH on its worst day is still more balanced than most GW games at any point in their entire history.

mostly balanced but some factions might be easier to get into than others

Example: trolls play a large number of big (therefore expensive) infantry. Same for Cryx. Think like tyranids or orks... those factions are going to take longer to get started with, just from a physical perspective. Jumping into cygnar or circle is a lot easier since you can build full-size lists with less models.

Had two of those dismantle Archangel. But seriously for 7 points you can't ask for much more

Are the new Cryx plastic jacks bigger than the current one?
Are they hard plastic?

They're proper hard plastic, yeah, not this nasty resin stuff. I can't say if they're bigger, but from the pictures I think they're broader, more like the first generation metal sculpts.

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Imperial Warhost

(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Agonizer [0(6)]
- Agonizer [0(6)]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Rhinodon [12]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Tyrant Zaadesh [4]
- Basilisk Krea [0(7)]
- Cyclops Brute [8]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Masters of War

(Makeda 2) Supreme Archdomina Makeda [+27]
- Archidon [10]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
Tyrant Rhadeim [9]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [20]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [20]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [0(4)]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [0(6)]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [0(6)]

We free points now.

Morg1 would much, much rather play in DoA

I find that everything is a contentious statement when it comes to this game. Are there any clear flaws in the list presented? Not really, no.

A bit. I've seen the Seether assembled next to a Slayer, what a sick looking model.

Unless you're seeing a lot of Stryker1 or Baldur2 I'm not really seeing what you would ever drop Morghoul1 into.

I drop him into FUN.

I have to wonder though, do you think it's the Dervish, or is it Amon?

Can units that cast spells such as the Withershadow Combine each cast a spell on activation? Likewise do units like the House Shyeel Arcanists each grant a focus to a jack with Empower?

Morg1 and his titans are fun.

As each model in a unit gets to make its own Combat Action and each model in the units you mentioned has the Magic Ability special action, which it can use as its combat action, each model can cast one spell per activation.

They were already shown.

Where can I see win rates for the different factions?

Krea or Agonizer. Either works.

FERALED.com

I can give you the german averages for the last 6 months tabletopturniere.de/t3_armies.php?gid=7&cid=1&latest=1

or the WTC history: i.imgur.com/aVgvFcH.png

other than that, calculate from discountgames.com.

I have a team tournament comming up on the weekend, its 8 team of 5
This is the faction breakdown, we have a whole team of nothing but skorne players.
My meta is so weird

Thanks.
I was talking about the new kit to be released. The seether/Inflictor is indeed good plastic and a tad bigger.

It's obviously the turtle.

Makeda2

I played them with durant and sev1 as well. Thing is they will work well with any caster that can buff group of them. Amon is awesome but even with eye of menoth/manifest destiny they will be able to handle stuff for cheap(Durant also wants them because he can keep them fueled)

>The seether/Inflictor is indeed good plastic and a tad bigger.

I'd expect the new one to match it then. The new Slayer kit is beautiful, I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Not sure anybody's actually seen one in person yet, but going from the base size in the pics it definitely looks a bit larger than the mk2 slayer/reaper kit. Not sure if it's bigger than the inflictor.

I don't know what the Troll's excuse is, but the ability to edge a few warbeasts into warjack performance really matters after a few turns.

So you can spend a lot of points to make expensive warbeasts perform like warjacks? Well alternatively you can spend 17p on condensed awesome.

That would be true if it was a 1 for 1 thing. But you can get multiple effects easily, and when the first ones get all bleedy you can just switch patronage to the next poor bastards. Over time it works out.

And here's the trick: You can also do that with turtles. I'm telling you, Skorne is turtles all the way down. Just look at Dominik's list from WTC. It's absolutely horrifying.

>tfw what keeps the thread going is two anons non-toxic skorne argument

2017 has been just fucking weird, anons

>WMH on its worst day is still more balanced than most GW games at any point in their entire history.

Not sure if that's true now user. Certainly not true for every GW game (ever).

Regardless, it's a different mindset for this game. Warmachine is a 'who gives a shit about models' board game, 40k is more for narrative/modeling/fun play.

user from last night again. I've decided on getting a cygnar starter box and see how the game plays. Would the box with stormblade infantry and storm gunners be a good addition to get me started?

How do you do, fellow Khadorans?

lol no, they suck

Good if you have a way to protect them. Bad if you don't.

What unit would be best to screen them? I really like the look of them so would love to use them.

Maddox likes them and if you bring the Unit attachment, you can go to ARM 20 once per game in combination with Dauntless Resolve, making them very hard to kill via POW 10-12 shooting and blast damage. The Officer also put the damage output through the roof with Assault.

Just don't get mad if your guys get Widowmaker'd. These poor dudes are really easy to kill if your opponent can circumvent armor.

Now here's the issue with current WMH. You either play a so-called theme force, or you play several points less than your opponent. Stomblades are in the Storm Division theme force, which also includes Storm Lances and Stormguard. And neither is really a good screen. Trencher Infantry could do it well, but they are stuck in the Grave Diggers theme.

But not all is lost. Stormblades can be used and I'd say best by Haley3. If you build her in Storm Divison (add a unit of lances, a Storm Strider, some jacks and the usual support of Journeyman Warcaster and Squire) you could even use them as your mainstay unit. They're pretty damn resillient at 14/18. And that is before they use their mini-feat (once-per-game ability) for +3 Armor. And of course they natively hit like trucks.

They're playable, but not without some effort and list-tailoring. Other Cygnar lists are easier to play and certainly easier to build, but this example is not bad.

user, you see these posts;

That's Veeky Forums Warmachine way of saying "they suck don't use them". Save your money

Can you fuck off to 40k general maybe? Stormblade Infantry are competitively used, which shouldn't even be important to a beginner.

>Stormblade Infantry are competitively used
In the WTC finals even.

Thanks for the advice! I'll get the starter box and see how the game plays and figure out what to get from there that suits me most. Maybe see if my flgs runs WMH and look at the different armies and units they have.

Anyone got week 2 blindwater CID pdf?

>In the WTC finals even

>WTC
>Teams get to manage matchups

>Can you fuck off to 40k general maybe?
The warmachine "community"

Probably why threads die so fast unless it's autists arguing with each other

That's definitely a good idea. Don't pay attention to much of what you read online (even me) because most people suck at this game or consider watching battle reports as good experience to hand out advice.

The CID forums are a good example of this.

>team tournaments don't count
Bullshit. Source: A highly successul team from said team tournament.

>Bullshit. Source: A highly successul team from said team tournament.

Bullshit. Source: A highly sucessul team from said team tournament.

Let me guess, you were with the French cheating guys?

I wasn't there at all. But I can communicate with people and with players better than me in particular. And here's the gist: Team tournaments don't make good lists bad or bad lists good. You CAN dodge matchups in team tournaments, but you really, really, really do not want to have to do it.

They're decent. Some lists can really make them sing. They hit like trucks, but are definitely glass cannons without outside help. I'd rate them as an OK starter box.

The best starter unit in Cygnar is probably Trenchers, since they are reasonably self-sufficient, versatile, and play nice with a lot of casters.

If you have the dosh, the pre-packed armies are all a pretty good deal. As are the 2-player boxes, if you can find someone to go halfsies with.

>I wasn't there at all. But I can communicate with people and with players better than me in particular.

lol, oh, literally nothing

"Spend money on this unit user, I know someone that went to the WTC"

That's the most pathetic thing I've read on here.

Your point being? That somehow a finalist taking the unit and going fucking 6-0 is not an example of them working? Because reasons?

I have reasoning behind my point. Bring some of your own or fuck off.

Money is not a deciding factor luckily, I just can't bear to start yet another 40k army haha. But I like the look of the two player box. Worst case scenario is I get two armies while learning the game. Thanks for pointing that one out!

Cheating in Warmachine?? Is Dark Omen on the loose again?

>? Is Dark Omen on the loose again?

Hah, remember that Anthony dude? The finger of doom then everyone acted like it was perfectly normal. WTC 'competition'

>I have reasoning behind my point. Bring some of your own or fuck off.
"I'm friend with a WTC guy and after match making, he went 6-0 so I know what i"m talking about"

Do you understand how pathetic you look when you are making arguments based on your friendship to another guy that plays this game? It's fucking laughable lol lol Most cringe I've ever seen in one of these threads

There some dedicated fluff for these two?

Forces of Warmachine: Pirates of the broken coast from Mk1 and at least one skull island book

Gotcha, thanks.

Anyone know why Trevy rage quit Warmachine after WTC?

>Anyone know why Trevy rage quit Warmachine after WTC?

He came to the same conclusion most of the top players are.

The game sucks now.

Agreed

Pp said themselves that they love themes and spam so thing aren't going to change. Its only going to get worst.
Eventually every faction is going to get an irregulars like theme and at tgat stage why even bother with themes.

In addition to that the thing making me quit is the constant erratas, any unit I buy now that is good, might be trash within 6 months.
I have over $1,000 worth of models tgat just haven't seen the table since mk3, and likely wont ever again

Maybe Company of Iron will be good. Maybe.

Is this the thread where we suck each other off over how bad warmachine is

>reading comprehension
We are done here. You had your chance to make a point adn you blew it. Better luck next time.

LMAO I quit in MKII... just passing by.
Is Cryx OP again what the fuck

I used to resist this meme but yeah, the constant erratas have finally sent me over the edge too.

Next time they can build their fucking game and I can purchase their product, rather than me building their product for them after they keep fucking it up.

>I have over $1,000 worth of models tgat just haven't seen the table since mk3, and likely wont ever again
So wait, are you mad that they're updating things but also mad because you think your units won't get updated?

Wat?

Not updating well.

the errata makes it so it keeps on cycling the new hotness rather than actually trying to make it balanced, also models not in theme sit on the counter

>the errata makes it so it keeps on cycling the new hotness
Hasn't Ghost Fleet been the new hotness for like 6 months now